The Weight Of Oceans, the upcoming new album from Swedish progressive melodic death metallers In Mourning is currently streaming online in its entirety at this location. The album will be streaming until its release on April 18th through Spinefarm Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Mourning

Posted: 12.04.2012 by Dark Blood

Comments

BloodTears - 12.04.2012 at 12:44
I'm tempted but I might wait until I have the original CD.
Dark Blood - 12.04.2012 at 17:36
Written by BloodTears on 12.04.2012 at 12:44

I'm tempted but I might wait until I have the original CD.

I couldn't resist temptation...

I gave it a try once, and so far my feelings are mixed towards the album. I don't want to spoil anything for you, so I'll just shut up. I think I'll wait for the original as well before judging.
MeloDeathViking - 12.04.2012 at 17:37
Written by BloodTears on 12.04.2012 at 12:44

I'm tempted but I might wait until I have the original CD.

I had that thought....it lasted about 30 seconds haha. Listening to it now. I'm only on the 2nd song, so it's too early to judge. I will say that I am enjoying it though.
Verdun_sc - 12.04.2012 at 17:54
Listened yesterday.

Pretty meh. It just kinda... exists. Some good, some bad. Mostly the songs also all feel too long and meandering and dont really do anything.
Chobo_jokeR - 12.04.2012 at 18:12
Meandering and Progressive are synonymous with one another lol. I'm digging what I hear so far.
knightlightning - 12.04.2012 at 19:44
Can't wait...
meadow - 12.04.2012 at 21:00
Better than i expected,better than monolith
Verdun_sc - 12.04.2012 at 21:31
Written by Chobo_jokeR on 12.04.2012 at 18:12

There's a difference between "meandering" and writing songs that have some sort of end goal. That GO somewhere, as it were.

So yeah, this is so dull/average that the end result just sucks.
muska - 12.04.2012 at 22:15
The more I listen to the better it gets
Risto - 12.04.2012 at 22:40
Three-ish spins now... Some songs have grown on me a bit but this is still far from the level of the first two. It feels like it's seriously lacking those mellow guitar melodies this band surely knows how to do well. That said, "Colossus" is a standout track.
elseif - 13.04.2012 at 02:13
Colossus opens the album nicely.
Verdun_sc - 13.04.2012 at 04:51
Written by Risto on 12.04.2012 at 22:40

Really? I actually thought Colossus was one of the worst songs on it, if not the worst... Suffers so much from Opeth syndrome.
Troy Killjoy - 13.04.2012 at 05:12
Written by Guest on 13.04.2012 at 05:10
Opeth syndrome? wtf? and how exactly does a band suffer from having it. I wish every band had Opeth syndrome. Fuck, I even wish Opeth still had Opeth syndrome.

Opeth syndrome = meandering for three quarters of a song while forgetting to add substance to the music.
R'Vannith - 13.04.2012 at 05:35
'From a Tidal Sleep' is where its at, brilliant track. Overall this is sounding pretty impressive at the moment.
R'Vannith - 13.04.2012 at 05:44
Written by Guest on 13.04.2012 at 05:31

Isn't music itself substance? I'm not even a big Opeth fan, but I don't consider their work insubstantial.

Good point, but I think what is meant there by 'substance' is something which actually instills some sort of response in the listener. If you have an album which is built on all that 'meandering' without finding a way to attract the listener it all becomes intangible or inaccessible.
Troy Killjoy - 13.04.2012 at 05:52
Written by R'Vannith on 13.04.2012 at 05:44

What you said. My eyes honestly glazed over reading his comments. Not surprised he's such a big Opeth fan...

EDIT: Er, apparently he's not. Maybe he likes contemporary Iron Maiden then.
R'Vannith - 13.04.2012 at 06:03
Written by Guest on 13.04.2012 at 05:52

Subjectivity determines a "response in a listener". If someone is entirely emotional, entirely internalized, meandering would be tumultuous. With that being said, this album isn't intangible or inaccessible.

Well as you speak of subjectivity I have no doubt that some are going to find this album inaccessible. Meandering is always, I guess, 'tumultuous' in the sense that it is an audial rollercoaster. Some choose to take the rollercoaster and really enjoy the ride, others are well and truly hurling by the end of it. Some forgo, or would have preferred to, the ride altogether.

I don't think you have to be 'entirely emotional' to find this album, or any album with 'meandering', to be inaccessible. Its all comes down to something as simple as plain old boredom.
R'Vannith - 13.04.2012 at 06:19
Written by Guest on 13.04.2012 at 06:12

Boredom and inaccessible are two distinct words with two distinctive meanings: they are not one and the same. Sometimes you have to put the expository pen down and pick it up only when it's needed.

If you find an album to be inaccessible I'm pretty sure you're going to be bored. Someone's not going to be like 'Fuck Yeah! I get absolutely nothing from this shit!'
Troy Killjoy - 13.04.2012 at 06:22
Written by Guest on 13.04.2012 at 06:12
And yes, some people are completely emotional and internalize, as evidential in their presumptions. (Like the Iron Maiden comment)

You presume I'm completely emotional and that I internalize based on the fact I drew a comparison to Iron Maiden's music and your commenting style?

I don't even have a vested interest in this band or Opeth. I only quoted you to explain what Opeth syndrome meant.
Troy Killjoy - 13.04.2012 at 07:46
Written by Guest on 13.04.2012 at 07:33
Http://tmkilljoy.tumblr.com/ - yes, internalized, all of it. I'm sorry mommy was bad to you, but you gotta get over your teenage angst sometime in life.

You're cute.
Troy Killjoy - 13.04.2012 at 07:53
Written by Guest on 13.04.2012 at 07:50
Http://metalstorm.net/inc/thumbnails.php?photos/1/12119.jpg - now that's cute, still have the baby face and all. Adorable, absolutely adorable, like teddy-bear adorable.

Are you done? This topic isn't about you trying to make fun of me, it's about a stupid band you seem to care about way too much.

Anyway, feel free to send me hate mail in The Pub or flame one of my reviews. Otherwise the topic will be reported to a Mod.
R'Vannith - 13.04.2012 at 08:09
Well that descended into irrelevance pretty quickly.. -.-
Anywho, album is very good I think. There is definitely a different feel to this one than the previous.
advent - 13.04.2012 at 09:36
Written by R'Vannith on 13.04.2012 at 08:09

Well that descended into irrelevance pretty quickly.. -.-

I wanted to feel that but really the album isn't that good , and as you said in previous comment 'From a Tidal Sleep' is a brilliant track , this album is heaviest album they created till now and i like that , but i missed their "mellow" side and their songwriting can't keep up the momentum the same in a 7 or 8 minutes song which makes me bored sometimes in a middle of most of the songs after a great start , they are promising band but they can't progress if they focus on long songs like Opeth , they need to concentrate their creativity in more shorter songs and expanding thier sound much more and they will do great.
Risto - 13.04.2012 at 10:05
Written by Verdun_sc on 13.04.2012 at 04:51

It has the best melodies of the entire record and is one of the very few tracks I can recall well. Otherwise I remember something about From a Tidal Sleep, Celestial Tear, and random sections I can't even connect to songs. This album is simply boring
R'Vannith - 13.04.2012 at 18:32
Written by advent on 13.04.2012 at 09:36

Can't say this is any less mellow than Monolith. Not sure about the debut though as I haven't heard it. I don't think there's any doubt that these guys can put together a driving riff but I agree, the longer they draw things out they run the risk of getting a bit bland. They seem to burst out with brilliance but fade at times, especially, as you mention, in those longer tracks. Some of the shorter tracks are a bit more engaging perhaps, yet so are some of the lengthier ones for me so far.

I'm hoping that the more I listen the better they'll all string together. If I remember rightly Monolith took me quite a while to get into, considering melodeath was new to me at the time.
Verdun_sc - 13.04.2012 at 21:50
The worst part about this album I think, other than the terribly cliche/poppy/out of place clean vocals, is that it's so tantalizing. I think each song except Colossus had at least one idea that I actually liked, but the songwriting/execution was so terrible that the idea just is there, surrounded by ineptitude. That, and again, the songs just kind of... exist. They're too long, and they just feel stitched together like a collection of riffs, some of which are good and some of which are bad.
advent - 14.04.2012 at 11:03
Written by Verdun_sc on 13.04.2012 at 21:50

I can't agree more , they need to filter their ideas and songwriting to get the best of it, not every idea you get is worth to be in album, they need to raise their quality to progress more, also they need to change their sound and put additional elements to their music to make it more richer.

News Earth - Entire New Album Streaming Online 9 09.02.2012 by BloodTears
News Ill Niño - Entire New Album Streaming Online 8.5 18.10.2012 by Machiavelli
News Hate Eternal - Entire New Album Streaming Online 8.5 07.05.2011 by FienD
News Revocation - Entire New Self-Titled Album Streaming Online 8.5 31.07.2013 by Traezeus
News Scar Symmetry - Entire New Album Streaming Online 8.5 25.09.2009 by Kamil