Wintersun released the following announcement on their official website:

Hello friends!

Time for some album(s) news. Wintersun's Time is going to be two albums, titled Time I & Time II. We made this decision simply because of few reasons:

- All the 80min of material won't fit on a regular CD and we didn't want to cut anything out.

- We want you to be able to hear new material sooner and not wait any longer and we want to go on tour sooner.

- The music is very full and complex, so listening this kind of "hard listening (not easy listening)" material straight for 80 minutes is a bit too much (even for me). Both albums will be approx. nice 40 min epic packages of fireworks.

- We like the idea of releasing two albums within one year, so the band will stay more visible longer, which is important in these "modern times". No more years of silence for us!

We hope you'll approve our new little "plan" and support us when the Time comes!

The tracklisting for Time I looks like this:

Time I

01. When Time Fades Away
02. Sons Of Winter And Stars
I - Rain Of Stars
II - Surrounded By Darkness
III - Journey Inside A Dream
IV - Sons Of Winter And Stars
03. Land Of Snow And Sorrow
04. Darkness and Frost
05. Time

Time I mix is set to be finished by July, mastered in the beginning of July and released in early fall of 2012! Time II will be released in 2013. Conception of album artworks, videos, live shows incl. rehearsals will keep us busy during the summer and I'll also continue mixing Time II meanwhile. We'll be hopefully posting some videos and teasers during summer. Also some new live show announcements soon, so stay tuned for those!

We can't wait for you guys to hear Time I material and play it to you live! Have a great summer!

Jari & Wintersun boys

Wintersun are confirmed to headline this year's edition of the so-called Heidenfest tour kicking off in October supported by Korpiklaani, Varg, Trollfest and Krampus, before they go on touring the world. Further infos, dates and tickets on www.heidenfest.eu

Source: wintermadness.net
Band profile: Wintersun

Posted: 29.05.2012 by Array

Comments page 3 of 3

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 2 [3]

Yugosaki - 07.06.2012 at 17:21
Best news so far... i look forward to this album....
Stabby - 07.06.2012 at 23:41
Written by Milena on 07.06.2012 at 09:34

Written by Stabby on 30.05.2012 at 04:10

... I might even maintain contact with the outside world and go to work.

I really want to fly my ass to Canada and have a listening party with you bro.

That would be fun. Although you would distract me from my Wintersun trance

We'll discuss this plenty when it comes out. The most hyped metal album ever. Possibly living up to the hype. I think it will.
Milena - 08.06.2012 at 18:59
Written by Stabby on 07.06.2012 at 23:41

We'll discuss this plenty when it comes out.

Just to answer both your question, and a previous remark by Troy, since I think he was talking about me there - it's kind of frustrating, entering a thread in hope of some rational discussion about the band and running into nothing but a wall of "OMG JARI IS GOD PERFECTION!!!!111" and "lolololol this band so funneh", that's what I meant by my "passing judgments"-comment. But I'll be happy to discuss it with you, that for sure. I don't think it will live up to the hype, but it will be an enjoyable melodic metal injection.
Stabby - 08.06.2012 at 21:29
Written by Milena on 08.06.2012 at 18:59

Written by Stabby on 07.06.2012 at 23:41

We'll discuss this plenty when it comes out.

OMG U DON'T THNK JARI IS GODDD?!?!?!?!1?1 THAT IS SOOO FUNNEH LOLOLO

Okay maybe it really is so overhyped that it could never live up to it. I guess it depends on who is hyping it. There are people saying that it will be the mythical album to end all albums, and in that case it couldn't possibly not be overhyped.

Judging by what I can make out from bad recordings of The Way Of The Fire it will be a great album/ That doesn't mean I'm going to start worshiping them or fail to critique it critically. I just really really liked the first one.
oblong - 10.06.2012 at 10:14
Written by Stabby on 08.06.2012 at 21:29

Written by Milena on 08.06.2012 at 18:59

Written by Stabby on 07.06.2012 at 23:41

We'll discuss this plenty when it comes out.

OMG U DON'T THNK JARI IS GODDD?!?!?!?!1?1 THAT IS SOOO FUNNEH LOLOLO

Speaking of 'The Way Of The Fire' - doesn't look like it is going to appear on the first Time album, unless I'm mistaken. (its not on the track-list). Which is a bummer, because ever since hearing the mentioned Live recordings - I've been eagerly awaiting a studio version to blast into the cosmos.
Protostar - 11.06.2012 at 13:53
Jesus I know they're fucking immensely talented and that it must take ages to master the songs but could they have built more anticipation or what ? Like, 3 + after they say a new album will be released soon, lol. I'mm excited though, and hopefully this time it really will be out SOON.
caimanjosh - 11.07.2012 at 17:08
Anyone else have the thought that this is getting released in 2 parts due to the demands of the record label? I'm thinking it's something like this: Jari has completed a number of songs, but is still doing his ultra-perfectionist thing with several of the others. He asks Nuclear Blast for more time (for about the thousandth time, I'm sure), and they respond that *something* HAS to be released, and sooner rather than later. So, since some songs are ready, they hit on the idea of releasing those now, while Jari continues working on the rest of them to be released "next year" (we'll see). Hence, Time I and Time II.
PickOfDestiny89 - 12.07.2012 at 17:11
Shit its so complex if you listen to Time I and II back to back your head is going to explode! Even Jari can't handle it so imagine what happens to a normal human being! 80min of brain melting!
Good thing that I'm probably dead by the time its released. I mean I'm already 23!

Pages: 1 2 [3]