The animated band Dethklok has released a new music video for their brand new song "The Galaxy". Watch the video below. The song will appear on their upcoming third album Dethalbum III, due out on October 16th via Williams Street Records. A vinyl edition of the album will be released on November 6th. More album details were previously reported here.

You can still listen to the song "I Ejaculate Fire" at this location.

Source: adultswimcentral.com
Band profile: Dethklok

Posted: 04.10.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

enumaelis - 04.10.2012 at 13:11
Quite bad song
Marcel Hubregtse - 04.10.2012 at 13:48
My Good this is even worse than the usual songs that cartoon releases
Jack--- - 04.10.2012 at 15:20
A bit boring song, but not that bad.
i like the video though
Kuroboshi - 04.10.2012 at 16:17
I thought it was pretty solid melodic death metal. And the video was pretty awesome. They've made better songs though.
Sir Thrashalot - 04.10.2012 at 18:19
Written by Kuroboshi on 04.10.2012 at 16:17

My thoughts too. Still a good melodic death song, they've made better songs, but it's still classic Dethklok.
White Death - 04.10.2012 at 18:26
Sounds great, I can't wait for the album

I love the video too, the best part is when they use their instruments as controls for the ships guns.

I have to watch the rest of the show, I've only finished season 2.
Carl Berg - 04.10.2012 at 19:14
Meh.
TX09 - 05.10.2012 at 04:10
Im Stoned.. Song Sounds amazing and the Video Rocks.. "Headbanging"
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.10.2012 at 13:36
Written by Kuroboshi on 04.10.2012 at 16:17

would you people stop calling this melodic death metal? There is totally no death metal present in this.
Ellrohir - 05.10.2012 at 14:58
Boring song, but the video is good
Kuroboshi - 05.10.2012 at 17:04
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.10.2012 at 13:36

I'll call it melodic death metal since it very much resembles that in my ears, thank you. You can't say that, for example, murmaider bears no resemblance to death metal? This is ridiculous, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone arguing about this.
Cynic Metalhead - 05.10.2012 at 21:00
Written by Kuroboshi on 05.10.2012 at 17:04

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.10.2012 at 13:36

You're inviting that big fat man to come your house and wreck your shit up?? Ignore it man. I know he's ranting all over the place why Dethlok is been called melodic dm and as nasty as he is ...don't invite him to fire his words up against you. Just try to ignore it.
Kuroboshi - 06.10.2012 at 05:57
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 05.10.2012 at 21:00

I'll heed your words.
BitterCOld - 06.10.2012 at 06:28
Count me in with the fat man. "melodic death" is for people who want to think the shit they listen to is somehow extreme. ain't nothing "Death" here. feel free to pull up "Cause Of Death", "Ultimate Incantation", "...For Victory" for a quick comparison. Even crystal clear polished modern death like Behemoth decimates this.

it is "death" for people who want to somehow seem "extreme" but who flat out aren't.

boring ass commercial for hot topic targeted to boring ass people.
scapeplan - 06.10.2012 at 19:34
Written by BitterCOld on 06.10.2012 at 06:28

boring ass commercial for hot topic targeted to boring ass people.

Is it impossible to dislike something without insulting its fanbase anymore?
BitterCOld - 06.10.2012 at 20:54
Written by scapeplan on 06.10.2012 at 19:34

Is it impossible to dislike something without insulting its fanbase anymore?

no, not at all. there is a lot i dislike yet have respect for the fanbase. i suppose it depends upon both the integrity of the artist and voracity of fanbase.
Marcel Hubregtse - 06.10.2012 at 21:10
And with Dethklok the artist behind it has totally no integrity whasoever and Dethklok is just a vehicle for the show and other merch surrounding it.
Alex Fenger - 09.10.2012 at 02:07
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2012 at 21:10

Yeah Dethklok is basically an advertisement for Metalocalypse, so you can see how that would alter the music. I'll admit that and I even enjoy the show.... well... it does come on at like 3am so i'll pretty much watch anything then.
Machiavelli - 11.10.2012 at 08:33
To quote Tool from "Hooker With A Penis":

So I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

If I'm the fuckin' man
Then you're the fuckin' man as well
So you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,

Buy my new record
Send more money
Fuck you, buddy.
Silent Jay - 11.10.2012 at 17:17
Written by scapeplan on 06.10.2012 at 19:34

Written by BitterCOld on 06.10.2012 at 06:28

boring ass commercial for hot topic targeted to boring ass people.

Is it impossible to dislike something without insulting its fanbase anymore?
Really?

The way I see it is that it's as extreme as it wants to be and so are the fans. Just because it's not as 'extreme' as other Death Metal or Melodeath bands doesn't mean they actually wish they were. No need to get elitist here just because you listen to more extreme stuff that fits in better with your view. If the fans really do hunger for more extreme stuff when this commercial sound no longer does the job, they'll do what im sure you did yourself years ago - Find and listen to more extreme bands.

We all know the Dethklok 'band' and the albums etc are just an advertisement for a television show. Something not to be taken too seriously. Fuck it, why not just consider it 'Commercial Death' or something and just leave it be. I for one quite enjoy a number of Dethklok songs and couldn't give too shits if its not real Death Metal or not.
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.10.2012 at 18:21
Written by Silent Jay on 11.10.2012 at 17:17

because it has nothing to do with death metal whatsoever... simple as that. Calling this melodic death is just as pathetic as calling it melodic black metal or thrash metal even. It is just plain simple sppeded and souped up power metal, nothing more, nothing less
Evil Chip - 11.10.2012 at 20:35
There's nothing wrong with the band/song not being death metal. I don't know why people get so mad about it. It's just not death metal.

News Dethklok - New Video Online 7 08.09.2009 by Thorion_Covenant