Avantasia's mastermind Tobias Sammet has just revealed that the upcoming album will be called The Mystery Of Time. The band has confirmed that they will embark on an indoor tour in April 2013 without any support band.

Official statement: "Today we have breathtaking news for all Avantasians: the new album will be called Avantasia - The Mystery Of Time, and as previously reported is set for release in March. Immediately after the release of this new Metal Opera, based on a story written by Tobias Sammet, the band will embark on a full-fledged indoor-tour, during which the band and special guests will bring the epic undertaking to the stage. Due to embracing all of the different eras and history of Avantasia these shows will have an extended playing time, and the whole evening will be dedicated to Avantasia with no support acts. Guests and album details will be announced soon!"

"Additionally, and despite the ongoing rumors Avantasia will definitely not appear at Wacken Open Air 2013. The only festival confirmed for Germany so far is the Rockharz festival. We expect to announce the complete list of tour dates next week here at tobiassammet.com, and if you subscribe to our newsletter you will be the first to find out the details! Ticket pre-sale for the tour will start before Christmas!"

Source: tobiassammet.com
Band profile: Avantasia

Posted: 06.12.2012 by R Lewis

Comments

Pitwulf93 - 06.12.2012 at 22:27
Can't wait!
mikeprado30 - 07.12.2012 at 04:37
Smmet, sum Puwr Metl pls!!! :dolan:
M C Vice - 07.12.2012 at 10:40
Which Mystery Of Time? Why it took so long to release or why it was split up?
FeskarN - 07.12.2012 at 15:47
Let's see if Tobi can write something in the vain of Metal Opera Part I and II.
The Shape 1973 - 09.12.2012 at 12:32
Written by chrisʇrenounced on 07.12.2012 at 07:54

So long as it's in the same vein as Wicked Symphony we're all in for a treat.

No offense, but I hope you are wrong. The last three albums have sucked donkey balls. Metal Opera I and II is what I would like to see.
R Lewis - 11.12.2012 at 17:40
Written by The Shape 1973 on 09.12.2012 at 12:32

Written by chrisʇrenounced on 07.12.2012 at 07:54

So long as it's in the same vein as Wicked Symphony we're all in for a treat.

Well, it all depends on what you are looking for. For example I initially preferred The Metal Opera I and II. But that was my power metal period. Growing up, and developing more mature musical tastes, I started choosing the albums from The Scarecrow on. In my opinion, the last three releases are more mature, more complex and complete, even if the Metal Operas still kick ass hugely.
The Shape 1973 - 14.12.2012 at 21:01
Written by R Lewis on 11.12.2012 at 17:40

Written by The Shape 1973 on 09.12.2012 at 12:32

Written by chrisʇrenounced on 07.12.2012 at 07:54

So long as it's in the same vein as Wicked Symphony we're all in for a treat.

Interesting view point. We all see and hear things differently according to our tastes. I would have said the opposite was true from your view, nevermind, as long as the new album is good.
R Lewis - 14.12.2012 at 21:26
Written by The Shape 1973 on 14.12.2012 at 21:01

I think it's one of the most beautiful things in music: searching for different things, different features, and still enjoying the same, great, music... If everyone had the same point of view the music scene - and the world - would be a damn boredom.

News Sotajumala - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 7 11.01.2010 by Troy Killjoy
News Anvil - New Album Title Revealed 7 22.10.2012 by Fearless
News Masterplan - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 7 11.02.2010 by Baz Anderson
News Sepultura - New Album Title Revealed 7 04.03.2011 by Collin