After the violence during their set in El Paso, death metallers Broken Hope have now been taken off the No Salvation Tour, with just two shows to go, reportedly by Deicide's Glen Benton. Broken Hope guitarist Jeremy Wagner has issued a statement on the band's Facebook page which has since been removed. Deicide still haven't commented on the matter. There are also new developments about the incident during their set at Tricky Falls. The El Paso Police arrested a 30-year-old man they allege attacked three people while inside the Tricky Falls on Tuesday night during the concert. There was a scuffle with the victims and he pulled out a box cutter and slashed them.

Broken Hope guitarist Jeremy Wagner posted the following: "El Paso... first a maniac wielding a box-cutter cuts three fans at our concert - one ear-to-ear (thankfully all the victims are going to recover), then we learned that Glen Benton is kicking us off the No Salvation Tour. It was a helluva night. Since we started this tour, we've had to endure Glen Benton's constant bitching and ultimatums. He was always trying to snip our balls and demanded that we couldn't use our fog machines and on some nights, we couldn't use our backdrops or other production elements because he had issues with all of it. With respect to the headliner, we aided. Moreover, in efforts of friendship, good tour vibes, and because we're simply cool fucking guys, we let Glen Benton and his band use OUR BACKLINE because they didn't want to bring all their gear on tour!

Specifically, we let the headliner use our cabinets and Glen Benton used our entire bass rig - head and cabinet - since his own bass head failed him early on. While we were generous with our back line, not once did Benton thank us, offer us a dime, or even lift a finger to help move anything - and he fucked up our bass head numerous times with his resetting the EQ, etc., despite us politely asking him NOT to mess with the bass tone we dialed in. Gee, with all the money and free gear Benton brags about to us daily, you'd think he'd do something about getting his own rig.

Things got ugly in El Paso when, after we learned Benton had lost our bass rig cables and once again fucked with our bass head, so, we put our foot down and told him he couldn't use the head anymore. Note: we still allowed Benton to use our cabinets for their show.

That said, Benton threw an EPIC hissy-fit and immediately kicked us off the tour! He booted Broken Hope from the tour simply because we refused to let him use our bass head! What bullshit. Now, even though that lame reason is what Benton used to get rid of us, I believe there's more to the story here. During this entire tour Benton has given BH and our crew nothing but a shitty attitude and has tried to sabotage our production every day for no good reason. Though Benton blocked us from using our fog machines, he couldn't stop us from using our professional sound man, nor stop us from giving concertgoers an amazing and high-powered show. The fact remains - as all our show attendees have seen - we fucking handed Glen Benton his ass every night of the tour and he couldn't keep up. Benton and his caravan of mini-van drivers couldn't touch our live show - even on our worst night.

Benton sent Shaun Glass a text last night, threatening to break his jaw if Shaun badmouthed Benton. Well, I'm calling Benton out right now because his bullshit is old, fake, and he ain't scaring anyone. Glen Benton is a lazy, jealous, jaded, ungrateful, unprofessional, ego maniacal bully. He menaces everyone from bands and fans, to promoters and booking agents. How he maintains a career is beyond me. And this time, he fucked with the wrong band. Karma is a bitch, Benton. On behalf of Broken Hope, I'm sorry to the fans who won't see our performances in Dallas and Austin. You all know it's not our fault.. we'd give you all a free show if we could. Thank you all for the support, for coming to our shows, for all the love you've given our Omen Of Disease album, and for understanding the bullshit and temper tantrums we've had to put up with on this tour."

According to KVIA, Jesus Ortega, 30, has been arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, as well as multiple outstanding traffic warrants. Police say that at about 10 p.m., police arrived on the scene and found three victims with apparent cuts to their heads, neck, and chest. Club staff detained Ortega and turned him over to police.

Police say that at this time, it is not known what led to the attacks other than Ortega being involved in a scuffle inside the bar moments before he pulled out a box cutter and started to allegedly slash the three victims. All three victims were transported to area hospitals for treatment and all are expected to survive.

"Our security did a great job of responding and containing the situation, but most importantly to all of us, we hope for the speedy recovery of our guests," Tricky Falls owners told ABC-7.

"For an art show, there would be more of a visual search, although we still would need to have large bags opened to ensure that alcohol and other prohibited items were not brought into the venue," Tricky Falls owners told ABC-7. "For some genres, the search is more protracted to ensure that illicit drugs, etc. are kept out of the building, and we also do not allow large spiked jewelry, chains, or anything along those lines that might be used as a weapon. Last night there was a combination of bag searches and patdowns."

Officers have booked Ortega into the El Paso County Detention Facility. His bonds totaled: $150,686.03. This incident remains under investigation and additional charges are possible.

Courtesy El Paso Police

Source: twitter.com
Band profile: Broken Hope

Posted: 24.10.2013 by IchZerstörteSie

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 24.10.2013 at 15:45
Breaking news: Glen Benton is a prick.
Marcel Hubregtse - 24.10.2013 at 16:09
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 24.10.2013 at 15:45

Breaking news: Glen Benton is a prick.

Guy was an immense prick twenty years ago and still is today. He really hasn't changed a bit. He is the biggest douchebag within metal I have ever met. My God...
Derelict Earth - 24.10.2013 at 16:15
Sounds like a drama of the year award for Glen ...
Marcel Hubregtse - 24.10.2013 at 16:18
Quote:

His bonds totaled: $150,686.03.

how do they calculate bonds to the cent?
ANGEL REAPER - 24.10.2013 at 16:27
If this turns out to be true Glen will be this months "Dick" ....
Fritillaria - 24.10.2013 at 16:29
I just remembered to ask that how a fan with box cutter was allowed to enter the venue, even some accessories with spikes are banned, I guess,usually aren't there some people in the entree to check out even bags of the fans ?
Spirit Molecule - 24.10.2013 at 16:33
It's really shitty when a headliner acts like this and treats the other bands on tour like shit. It's happened before and will happen again. Most of the time the support/opening acts wouldn't say anything as it fucks with their career and chances of getting shows and tours in the future.
I'm curious to see what happens now. I wonder why they removed their post and if it had anything to do with their agency telling them they wouldn't book them anymore if they didn't take it down.
Marcel Hubregtse - 24.10.2013 at 16:40
Written by Fritillaria on 24.10.2013 at 16:29

Most small venues do have security guys working there but they don't frisk you or check bags and such, at least that's the case in the Netherlands.
Btw I am guessing this was a relatively small venue of a capacity under 700 because these sorts of bands never sell out bigger venues.
Spirit Molecule - 24.10.2013 at 17:01
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.10.2013 at 16:40

I was never frisked at any of the concerts I attended while I was in Europe. I'm assuming they would do it only if it's a large crowd, over 1000 people maybe.
So it wouldn't have been a problem for this dude to carry a cutter in.
If the venue did frisk people and the security didn't find a cutter, then it's definitely the club's fault.
Lit. - 24.10.2013 at 17:50
Security at small pubs are pathetic, even in big cities. I once wore a razor blade pendant and no one spared me a second gland. No wonder tragedies like Dimebag and this one happen.

I'm rooting for Broken Hope in this one. And thus the whirligig of time brings in his revenges.
Jiri - 24.10.2013 at 18:58
Why did they wait for Glen to kick them out of the tour if he was such a maniacal, punitive asshole? Fuck the money, Jiri would have resigned from the tour months ago...
Mattybu - 24.10.2013 at 19:53
Written by Lit. on 24.10.2013 at 17:50

I once wore a razor blade pendant and no one spared me a second gland.

Haha nice typo

This whole story is mildly entertaining despite being a whirlwind of retardation. In other news I had a dream last night that I went to Legoland and on my way out at the gift shop bought a copy of St. Anger. I was also naked but nobody seemed to care.
Lit. - 24.10.2013 at 20:09
Written by Mattybu on 24.10.2013 at 19:53

Haha nice typo

I just woke up when I typed that. Give me a break.
BitterCOld - 24.10.2013 at 20:49
All hail Glen Benton, King of the asshats.
Mattybu - 25.10.2013 at 00:23
Written by Lit. on 24.10.2013 at 20:09

Written by Mattybu on 24.10.2013 at 19:53

Haha nice typo

I just woke up when I typed that. Give me a break.

Lord_Regnier - 25.10.2013 at 02:05
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.10.2013 at 16:09

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 24.10.2013 at 15:45

Breaking news: Glen Benton is a prick.

As far as I can remember, Glen Benton has always been an asshole. He's crazy and threatens people all the time.
In all those years, I don't remember ever hearing a positive comment on the man.
M C Vice - 25.10.2013 at 06:04
Written by Fritillaria on 24.10.2013 at 16:29

I use those knives every day at work. It wouldn't be hard to sneak something that size in unless they were doing airport style searches.
Cynic Metalhead - 25.10.2013 at 10:18
Treat other bands on tour like shit has always been omnipresent. It's just that (smaller)bands doesn't come out with issues like this. I remember when Metallica invited Lamb of God to tour with them, they screwed with PA. When LoG hit the stage, crowd at back was like talking and wasn't paying attention to what they were playing. This kinda issue is sick.

God hate maniac Glen Benton should be an brand ambassador of "Being faggot".

News Broken Hope - Reuniting For Obituary's North American Tour Dates 7.5 14.07.2012 by BoxCar Willy
News Broken Hope - Fan Has Throat Cut At The Band's Show 7.5 23.10.2013 by Mad Arab666
News Broken Hope - Fan Stabbed Recovering Well 7.5 08.11.2013 by Vombatus