Dan Lilker, who is best known for his involvement with bands such as Anthrax, Nuclear Assault and Stormtroopers Of Death, made the following post on Brutal Truth's Facebook page:

"I regret to inform Brutal Truth fans that as of October 18th, 2014, I will be retiring from being a full time recording and touring musician. That date is my 50th birthday, so I chose it symbolically as a significant milestone to make such a weighty decision. As a lot of you know, I've been an active member of the metal scene since the early 80s with the thrash metal bands I've been in before the formation of Brutal Truth in 1990, and I'm simply just tired of the rigors of touring mostly.

Unlike some of my peers from the 80's who went on to sell millions of records I have always been drawn to extreme underground metal. I don't care about staying in 5 star hotels and having a big cushy tour bus but I am getting tired of squeezing into a van for 8 hours after all these years on the road. I have always played what I believe in and that is been priority #1, but the time has come to have a little bit more stability in my life.

Brutal Truth will still be active on the touring front until mid-October and will aim to do as much as we can in the next 9 months or so. After that, I will still have creative output with my 2 local bands in Rochester NY, Nokturnal Hellstorm and Blurring and do the occasional project tour, but yes, as of mid-October, Brutal Truth will no longer exist. I do realize that will be an extreme disappointment to all the grind freaks out there that have supported this band so rabidly all these years, and your enthusiasm will always have a special place in my heart, but I've made my decision, and I hope everyone can respect that.

Please note that messages sent to the Brutal Truth Facebook will not be answered as I do not have my own personal Facebook page therefore I do not have access.

Thanks,
Dan Lilker

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Brutal Truth

Posted: 10.01.2014 by D.T. Metal

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 10.01.2014 at 19:21
FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

This fucking sucks argh!!!! I'm just too sad/mad to say anything more... Damn.
Koroviev - 10.01.2014 at 19:38
I'm into metal from the late 80s, and after the death of Paul Balloff, this is the saddest day in my metal life. Thanks for everything, Dan.
!J.O.O.E.! - 10.01.2014 at 19:45
Massive shame. At least I got see them play live.
Tristus Scriptor - 10.01.2014 at 20:03
I completely and utterly respect this. As a musician (much younger than him, yet disabled from medical problems and burnout from living the life despite them) I totally understand wanting to just chill a bit more. Hell, he's even planing on still playing local shows with his smaller bands. That's more than a lot of retirees do. His legacy is one of the most ironclad in the scene. "Better to burn out than to fade away." And with his recent activity...he ain't fading. \m/ Cheers to Dan The MAN! \m/
Angelic Storm - 11.01.2014 at 10:41
I can totally understand why he's made this decision, but it's still very sad news. Nuclear Assault and Brutal Truth made some of the most vital music in extreme metal. He will be much missed.
silenius - 12.01.2014 at 11:45
Well that sucks...
deadone - 13.01.2014 at 01:05
Sad news indeed. I have always respected Dan Liker for his commitment to the underground. And Nuclear Assault and S.O.D. were badass!

News Brutal Truth - DVD Trailer Online 6 18.06.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Brutal Assault 2014 - In Mourning, Krabathor And More Confirmed 5.5 22.10.2013 by LeKiwi
News Therion - Mats Levén Will Leave The Band After Wacken 5.5 11.05.2007 by Jeff
News Brutal Assault 2014 - Katatonia, Venom And More Announced 5.5 22.12.2013 by LeKiwi
Albums Brutal Truth - Evolution Through Revolution 4.5 11.02.2010 by elekctric