A collection of metal musicians have joined forces for Project Rogue, a crowdfunded-based project to create a unique, new studio and video project. Project Rogue set up a target of $70,000 to raise in order to create Titans, an album featuring Lamb Of God's Chris Adler, System Of A Down's Shavo Odadjian, ex-Fear Factory drummer Raymond Herrera, Napalm Death's Mitch Harris, Cynic's Paul Masdival, Rob Barrett of Cannibal Corpse, among many others.

More details on the IndieGogo campaign can be found here.

Musicians involved:

• Logan Mader - Machine Head/Soulfly
  • JD Schmidt - Nociceptor
  • Robert Luciani - Means End
  • Vincent Zylstra - Synthetic Breed
  • Andrew Zink - Akeldama
  • Connor Reibling - Akeldama

Rogue Records America will be releasing the first Project Rogue album in the fall of 2014 on digital, digipak CD, limited edition vinyl and even a DVD with studio interviews and more.

"Raymond and I were talking one night, just throwing ideas around for the label... kinda like we always do," said Dean Martinetti, the owner of Rogue Records America. "He says to me, 'Do you know what would be great? If we got a bunch of people we know and that I've worked with together and made a record for the label, and better yet... made it a crowd-funded campaign to get the fans involved.' I couldn't agree more."

Martinetti added: "We want the fans to be as connected as they can be on this project, we really want them to be just as excited about this as we are and to connect even closer to the artists they love so much. Besides the mobile app we are thinking of YouTube streams, location visits for fans, etc. Every artist that has come on board has done so because they want to have that connection with their fan base."

Source: facebook.com
    Posted: 22.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Lit. - 22.06.2014 at 20:16
    I don't know what it is, but consider me interested.
    Ilham - 22.06.2014 at 20:53
    Yeah sure, bring it on.
    psykometal - 22.06.2014 at 21:54
    Written by Lit. on 22.06.2014 at 20:16

I don't know what it is, but consider me interested.

Same.
    BoxCar Willy - 22.06.2014 at 22:10
    Fuck everything about this. The whole idea of collecting $70,000 from braindead fans for a project with no goal is the exact reason why I hate these campaigns.
    LeChron James - 22.06.2014 at 23:41
    Written by BoxCar Willy on 22.06.2014 at 22:10

Oh come on. You're not pumped at the prospect of yet another supergroup project that will, in all likelyhood, not deliver? I'm SHOCKED. hahaha. I feel you though, despite my vague interest.
    LeKiwi - 24.06.2014 at 09:47
    Written by BoxCar Willy on 22.06.2014 at 22:10

I don't understand how it affects you...let brain-dead fans be brain-dead.
    Troy Killjoy - 24.06.2014 at 17:08
    Who cares if bands need crowdfunding to pump out new material? If we weren't so lucky as to be able to download a good 99% of the music we want at the click of a mouse at no cost to us, it likely wouldn't have come to this.

Like LeKiwi said - it's not like this is in any way personally affecting you. It's for fans who want the band to be able to release an album. If you're not a fan, like me, then you just quietly move on and wait for others to donate.
    BoxCar Willy - 02.07.2014 at 17:15
    There's an article that I can't seem to find that sums up my issues with crowd funding (as well as other issues in music) very well, if I find it, I'll post it. It's a good read.
    Troy Killjoy - 02.07.2014 at 17:40
    Written by BoxCar Willy on 02.07.2014 at 17:15

You mean that expands on your issues? An article implies that it's going to be a lot longer than you summing it up in the form of a comment.
    Mr. Doctor - 02.07.2014 at 18:02
    Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.07.2014 at 17:40

Written by BoxCar Willy on 02.07.2014 at 17:15

That's code for "I'm lazy to write my thoughts but don't want to admit it"
    Lit. - 02.07.2014 at 19:30
    Isn't crowdfunding just paying for the album(?) anyway, only in advance? Not seeing the issue here. Maybe Willy's trying to imitate a broken record again.
    Ilham - 02.07.2014 at 20:08
    There are worse ways to spend your money, and even if there were not, it'd still be none of my business. Plus people usually get rewarded in some way or another. As Lit said, it's just putting the money up front.
    Vombatus - 02.07.2014 at 21:40
    I'm not a fan of bands doing crowdfunding, but I guess bands see it as an opportunity to do things the safe/effortless way.

But if it helps bands getting money from brain-dead downloaders that otherwise wouldn't give them a penny, fine for me.

News Cannibal Corpse - To Join Forces With Napalm Death And Immolation For The Decibel Magazine Tour 8.5 23.01.2013 by GoldenGod2112
    News Born Of The Storm - Side Project Featuring Lamb Of God And Devildriver Members 7 18.03.2012 by errorcode99
    News Terror - Featuring ATG And Dissection Members - Demo Online 6 12.02.2008 by BurbotsRevenge
    News Cain's Offering - New Project Featuring Sonata Arctica, Wintersun, Stratovarius Members 6 13.04.2009 by Valentin B
    News Destroyers Of The Faith 2012 - Line-Up And Dates Announced 5.5 17.10.2011 by Angelic Storm