After some teasers and studio videos, today you finally get to hear a full new song from Belphegor. The Austrian diabolical death/black metal duo just premiered a lyric video for the track "Gasmask Terror" off their first new album in three years, Conjuring The Dead. This song opens the album. Stream "Gasmask Terror" right here and tell us if it lives up to your expectations.

Conjuring The Dead will be unleashed on August 5th (North America), August 8th (Europe/Brazil/Japan) and August 11th (UK/France) via Nuclear Blast.

Helmuth comments: "Belphegor is the blood in my veins. Highly appreciated when demons enjoy our death-magick! If ppl are offended, also fine by me. We are still consistent, brutal, and march worldwide without compromise. 'Gasmark Terror'. A Death/ Black Metal neck-breaking hellride. Push play and adjust your speakers to max volume. An honor - this horror."

Album tracklist:

01. Gasmask Terror
02. Conjuring The Dead
03. In Death
04. Rex Tremendae Majestatis
05. Black Winged Torment
06. The Eyes
07. Legions Of Destruction
08. Flesh, Bones And Blood
09. Lucifer, Take Her!
10. Pactum In Aeternum

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Belphegor

Posted: 25.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: [1] 2

Lokaeda - 25.06.2014 at 18:24
"strength through kraft"

wat
Ilham - 25.06.2014 at 18:28
Hahaha.
SBGMetal - 25.06.2014 at 18:38
Coool, i wish they had more songs like this
Troy Killjoy - 25.06.2014 at 18:43
Written by Lokaeda on 25.06.2014 at 18:24
"strength through kraft"

wat

Not sure if it's a vague reference to this guy or if they think macaroni and cheese is a good way to bulk up.

Also not sure why bands like this release lyric videos. Lyrics are arguably the weakest aspect of metal bands, and Belphegor is no exception.
Electes - 25.06.2014 at 19:06
Quote:

Belphegor aren't out to write lyrics that could be published poetry or something. It fits the music, gets the point across, and is funny, in my opinion. For me, I'd rather laugh during a lyric video than look at the lyrics on metallum or something.
Troy Killjoy - 25.06.2014 at 19:08
Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 19:06

That's my point. Why bother releasing a video that's designed to highlight the lyrical content of a song when that's probably the weakest aspect of your band.
empty - 25.06.2014 at 20:24
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 19:08

Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 19:06

because it doesnt have to be poetry to have meaning
given the content of the songs lyrics, your statement exposes you as ignorant of world events---which is why youre here all the time
Electes - 25.06.2014 at 20:25
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 19:08

Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 19:06

Why bother? Because I think it's cool, gives a good reason to have a video for a new song. It's an easy and cheap way that attracts more people than a simple song stream or instead of budgeting an expensive 'proper' video. Not sure why you bring up such a triviality instead of critiquing the music
Troy Killjoy - 25.06.2014 at 20:29
Written by empty on 25.06.2014 at 20:24
because it doesnt have to be poetry to have meaning

I never said it did, all I pointed out was that their lyrics are weak so it doesn't seem like a wise decision to emphasize them in a video like this.

But you're definitely right about the amount of time I spend on Metal Storm being indicative of my lack of awareness of world events. If only I spent more time reading up on what was going on in the world via Belphegor lyric videos I might not appear so ignorant.
Troy Killjoy - 25.06.2014 at 20:32
Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 20:25
Not sure why you bring up such a triviality instead of critiquing the music

I was critiquing the music from a lyrical standpoint but I guess I could also talk about the substandard music coming through my speakers instead. At first I didn't realize how generic and uninteresting it was because of how distractingly weak the lyrics were but now you've made me realize just how much I'm not looking forward to new material from these guys.
empty - 25.06.2014 at 20:38
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 20:29

like i said, you 'pointing out' their lyrics are 'stupid' is indicative of your awareness

Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 20:29

correct

Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 20:29

at least in this case, also correct
Troy Killjoy - 25.06.2014 at 20:42
Written by empty on 25.06.2014 at 20:38

I appreciate how much you're trying to put words in my mouth, but at no point did I ever say anything about the lyrical content being stupid.

Don't worry though, I plan on removing all of the news sites bookmarked in my web browser and replacing them with links to Belphegor lyrics to better educate myself on what's happening in the world.
!J.O.O.E.! - 25.06.2014 at 20:53
Written by empty on 25.06.2014 at 20:24

Comments like this expose the fact you're clearly offended by his comment and are trying to commit ad hominem as a way of getting back at him.
Ilham - 25.06.2014 at 21:00
Written by empty on 25.06.2014 at 20:24

because it doesnt have to be poetry to have meaning

I don't understand why you get aggressive and condescending about what some guy - you most certainly know nothing about - chooses to do with his time. Especially when you're discussing lyrics that have as much meaning as random kvlt words pulled out of a hat and arranged one after the other. I certainly don't want to say what I think it exposes you as, I don't want to be gratuitously rude, although it itches me greatly.
Electes - 25.06.2014 at 21:07
Quote:

Why would you critique music on a lyrical basis? I would think Belphegor or Dark Funeral make stupid music too if I judged a music group on, well, not their music.

Quote:

Aha, so you don't like the band! Now it's easy for me to see where your condescending comments come from. If you need me to help you realize your opinion on music, you have a problem, friend.
!J.O.O.E.! - 25.06.2014 at 21:10
Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 21:07

Umm, it's a lyric video. The focus is on the lyrics, or at least could be. Perfectly legitimate comment from Troy.

Quote:

Doesn't make his opinion any less valid. It's his right not to like something and openly comment on it. The issue lies with people's over-sensitivity to comments which have absolutely nothing to do with them.
!J.O.O.E.! - 25.06.2014 at 21:11
Btw, I thought the lyrics were shite, the album artwork even more so, and the music so-so. Good live band though.
Ilham - 25.06.2014 at 21:12
Wow, at least the level of the comments doesn't rise higher than that of the lyrics in the video. Keep representing.
Ilham - 25.06.2014 at 21:14
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 25.06.2014 at 21:11

Good live band though.

Yeah they're ok live. I saw him smack a girl, most likely his girlfriend, outside the venue though. I have no idea what happened there, but it kinda stuck to my mind. Goes along with the lyrics and music.
!J.O.O.E.! - 25.06.2014 at 21:15
Written by Ilham on 25.06.2014 at 21:14

Fuck that. Ok, I'll add that they have massive douche-feature members in to my assessment.
Ilham - 25.06.2014 at 21:23
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 25.06.2014 at 21:15

It was that Hell guy or whatever his stupid stage name is. The frontman. Again, we only saw the smaking and what happened afterwards, but still. Some people who saw it wanted to intervene, but the situation was getting out of hand so they all left.
Electes - 25.06.2014 at 21:24
Oh how funny is the 21st century. Only in it can pussies listen to metal and be ignorant, reactionary fools at the same time.
Ilham - 25.06.2014 at 21:26
Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 21:24

Why don't you take your good manners and knowledge back with you to the century you belong to?
Troy Killjoy - 25.06.2014 at 21:34
Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 21:07

I think it makes sense to critique the lyrics given that it's a lyric video. I mean I know it sounds pretty crazy and you might have to defy all sense of logic to understand where I'm coming from but generally I think when a band releases a lyric video, the purpose is to highlight the lyrics. I completely understand if you're unable to make heads and tails of it since it clearly goes against all reasoning, but I guess that's just where my child-like sense of wonder takes me.

I'm sorry to hear that I have a problem, but I truly didn't realize my own opinion of their music before this wonderful and incredibly constructive conversation we're having. I'd really like to continue with it but only if you want to talk in a civilized manner rather than accusing others of being reactionary simply because we disagree on the purpose of lyric videos.
Mr. Doctor - 25.06.2014 at 21:39
Written by Lokaeda on 25.06.2014 at 18:24

"strength through kraft"

wat

Kraft is the german (also swedish) word for "Force". So it sounds kvlt to them I guess but even in english "Strength through force" sounds weird. xD
Electes - 25.06.2014 at 21:49
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 21:34

Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 21:07

The last bit wasn't directed toward you, per se. For the first bit, the video released a NEW song. If you think the video is there to highlight lyrics over the music, then indeed there is a problem with you. Be that your child-like sense of wonder, who knows, but 'tis an issue if you thin, "Ah, a lyric video. Time to listen muted and critique those lyrics, yee-haw!".

I also already stated reasoning for why lyric videos are probably made, but you ignored that, so I guess I'll give you another reason if it might assuage your angst about lyrical videos. The making and posting of such videos are not done so by the band, but by the label. Because the label has Belphegor on their roster, Belphegor agrees to things like lyric videos, song streaming, and other promotional things that, guess what, make both parties make money, which is rather important.

As an aside, I suppose only you may be snide if when I am sarcastic, it's not civilized, but when a holier than thou mod like yourself uses it, it is more than acceptable

Anyway, I'll leave now. Now I remember why I don't post in this morass. I'll let you all keep the condom slipped on, buh-bye now!
Troy Killjoy - 25.06.2014 at 21:53
Cheers mate! Good tidings to you. From now on I will be sure to keep in mind what you said before judging lyric videos for their lyrics in the future.
Electes - 26.06.2014 at 00:19
Written by Ilham on 25.06.2014 at 21:23

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 25.06.2014 at 21:15

Okay, I'm sorry, but this warrants me back for a moment. I've been laughing on and off so hard this afternoon in remembering this

"Ugh, this Helmuth guy, so evil, beating his waifu! God, it was soooo deplorable and lacking principle...that we didn't do anything about it and left!" Buahahaha. My goodness me! "I fight lack of apparent principle with equally cowardly and lacking in principle behavior. Take that, meany Electes!"

Quote:

Ilham - 26.06.2014 at 00:22
Written by Electes on 26.06.2014 at 00:19

If this is what you came back for, you could have stayed where you were .
LeKiwi - 26.06.2014 at 11:50
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 19:08

It's a bit late for this now but I always thought that lyric videos were utilised to engage the fans, specifically in that they can sing/growl/whisper/mouth along while watching the mildly entertaining moving words and pictures. I suppose it has multiple purposes, but as you said I can't see bands like Belphegor or their labels attempting to highlight their lyrics as profound.
theFIST - 26.06.2014 at 12:41
Written by Mr. Doctor on 25.06.2014 at 21:39

Written by Lokaeda on 25.06.2014 at 18:24

"strength through kraft"

wat

i"d say a better translation for Kraft is strength
so it actually means strength through strength
Mr. Doctor - 26.06.2014 at 13:27
Written by theFIST on 26.06.2014 at 12:41

i"d say a better translation for Kraft is strength
so it actually means strength through strength

Eh, it depends really. As Kraft is for example the physical quanity that is measured in newtons and it's simbol is F. In english that quantity is called Force.
That's the main reason to why I thought it was a better way to translate it.
theFIST - 26.06.2014 at 13:43
Written by Mr. Doctor on 26.06.2014 at 13:27

Written by theFIST on 26.06.2014 at 12:41

i"d say a better translation for Kraft is strength
so it actually means strength through strength

That's the main reason to why I thought it was a better way to translate it.

force has multiple meanings that have nothing to do with Kraft, while strength only has the meaning of Kraft in everyday use, while not covering the force in physics
i understand your argument, but tend towards the other side
empty - 27.06.2014 at 19:21
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 20:42

Written by empty on 25.06.2014 at 20:38

'weak' you said, then you said it wasnt a 'wise' decision to include them. no words put
empty - 27.06.2014 at 19:22
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 25.06.2014 at 20:53

Written by empty on 25.06.2014 at 20:24

not offended, just dont like idiots
and its not an ad hominem, as if he actually knew what was going on in the world, he wouldnt be here wasting his time on inanities
empty - 27.06.2014 at 19:29
Written by Ilham on 25.06.2014 at 21:00

to teach him 'to keep his mouth shut and be thought an idiot rather than open it and confirm'

Written by Ilham on 25.06.2014 at 21:00

just cause you dont see the meaning, doesnt mean its not there
just means youre not as smart as you think you are

Written by Ilham on 25.06.2014 at 21:00

sounds like you need the same lesson
!J.O.O.E.! - 27.06.2014 at 19:38
Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 19:22

not offended, just dont like idiots

Nope, you made a baseless accusation by suggesting "he is here all the time" which is little more than a thinly veiled personal attack designed to discredit him on a personal level. That counts as ad hominem in my book as you don't know a single thing about him.
Troy Killjoy - 27.06.2014 at 19:46
Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 19:21

Indeed, I used both of those words. But I didn't say "stupid". That was where you tried to put words in my mouth.

Also, in case you haven't caught on to the blatant sarcasm in this thread, Belphegor lyric videos do absolutely nothing in terms of highlighting important issues going on in the world right now. The fact that you think I don't know about world events because I questioned the purpose of this video makes me think you're probably not the most skilled person when it comes to arguing. But since you're apparently offended due to my opinion being different than yours, you try to make the issue about my knowledge of the world.

The more you comment here the more desperate you make yourself look. I understand you really want people to think Belphegor lyric videos are a prime example of the most pressing issues currently going on in the world, but that simply isn't the case.
Ilham - 27.06.2014 at 22:07
Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 19:29

just cause you dont see the meaning, doesnt mean its not there
just means youre not as smart as you think you are
sounds like you need the same lesson

Oh yes daddy teach me. Make me a good girl again, because I've been baaaad. Tell me I'm not smart, and explain to me what the lyrics mean. Enlighten me. Give me a good spanking, I like that. Talk to me dirty. Talk to me about nuclear war and strength through kraft while you cane me.

Christ. You post and express yourself on a forum the same way a pigeon with digestive problems shits on car.
!J.O.O.E.! - 27.06.2014 at 22:24
Written by Ilham on 27.06.2014 at 22:07

Probably the hottest post I've ever seen on MS.
Ilham - 27.06.2014 at 22:27
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.06.2014 at 22:24

Probably the hottest post I've ever seen on MS.

I'm happy to set new standards and improve people's experience of the website.
empty - 27.06.2014 at 23:31
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.06.2014 at 19:38

not baseless, as it is true, and he has even admitted as such

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.06.2014 at 19:38

as you don't know a single thing about him.

obviously youre not that smart
empty - 27.06.2014 at 23:32
Written by Ilham on 27.06.2014 at 22:27

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.06.2014 at 22:24

Probably the hottest post I've ever seen on MS.

I'm happy to set new standards and improve people's experience of the website.

you sound fat
'standards' here, hahahaha
empty - 27.06.2014 at 23:35
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.06.2014 at 19:46

if you want to nitpick the meaning of weak and stupid in the context of this discussion, it says much about the strength of your argument

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.06.2014 at 19:46

so you have nothing to say but 'i am rubber and you are glue' this forum is a joke!
empty - 27.06.2014 at 23:39
Written by Ilham on 27.06.2014 at 22:07

Oh yes daddy teach me.

so nothing of substance to say in other words
yall are great at continuing to prove my argument
Troy Killjoy - 27.06.2014 at 23:46
Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 23:35

If you'd like to discuss the lyrical content of this video and enlighten us as to how it so wonderfully points out what's going on in the world please feel free. In fact I encourage you to describe just how these lyrics can inform me better than any of the news sites I subscribe to just what exactly I fail to be aware of in regards to world events. I have no interest in this "rubber and glue" match you're attempting to turn this into, but I am legitimately curious as to how Belphegor have managed to capture all the important events in the world in a 4-minute lyric video about Nuklear Sathan and seething sandstorms.

I'm sure you'll find a way to argue about something completely irrelevant to anything I've said, but I'll still hold out hope that you can formulate a decent argument and contribute to the discussion you seem to want to be so much a part of.
Vombatus - 27.06.2014 at 23:59
Excellent comments The Triunity news one is also great entertainment !

On topic, never was a fan of the band and their image/themes are quite ridiculous, this being no exception. I dig some of the older albums though.
empty - 28.06.2014 at 00:26
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.06.2014 at 23:46

nuclear warfare: the us has been threatening russia with b-2 spirit bombers and drills in eastern europe, also the us is the only power to have used nuclear weapons---on civilian populations, with no military objective (not that it would excuse it)

religion: is commonly used to create divides with which to perpetuate conflict

chemical warfare: false flags started by western powers to intervene in a sovereign country, syria, and the threat of western backed jihadists in southwest asia
"Pulitzer-prize winning journalist Seymour Hersh recently destroyed America's claim that it was clearly the Syrian government which carried out the chemical weapons attacks."

"Confirmed: U.S. Armed Al Qaeda to Topple Libya's Gaddaffi"

as for your 'news' sites, heres a couple starters
"In reality, it's not just Iraq or Syria the corporate media is always pro-war, and pro-empire."

"'Last thing US wants in the world is democracy. It wants control'"

the song is about the brutality of humanity, its pretty obvious to see, unless youre troy killjoy and the metalstorm flock, apparently
thats just a few to illuminate how fucking stupid you are

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.06.2014 at 23:46

you started it, bro

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.06.2014 at 23:46

you talk like you have a dick in your mouth
you are what is called 'hoi polloi' you dont know anything, yet you talk like you know everything
Ilham - 28.06.2014 at 00:40
OH MY GOD. You came up with "arguments". After being asked twenty times to back your insults with something with "substance". I have now confirmation there was nothing to expect in the first place. It all reads just as empty as your nickname, which you couldn't have chosen better.

I will now just sit back and relax, and enjoy my popcorn .
Troy Killjoy - 28.06.2014 at 00:52
Written by empty on 28.06.2014 at 00:26
thats just a few to illuminate how fucking stupid you are

You really have a hard time arguing without trying to insult people, don't you? In all honesty I'm completely fine with you thinking I'm stupid for not believing a Belphegor lyric video is a legitimate news source.

As for the above mentioned links, while it's appreciated that you actually took time to find sources for your arguments (even though it was just a YouTube video and a bunch of articles from the same site), at no point did you relate the events to the lyrics in this video. I am well aware of these issues, regardless of whether you believe me or not, as I try to stay on top of current affairs as much as possible. I also visit more than one site for my information because I try to get said information with different perspectives.

Unfortunately your point was that this lyric video highlights those issues, yet at no point does the band really state anything aside from vague references to nuclear warfare. I get that you can easily associate the lyrics with a variety of nuclear-based events throughout human history and it would make sense that Belphegor are likely more focused on current affairs rather than bringing up the past, but I guess I was hoping you'd have more thorough explanations for those of us "too stupid" to understand the metaphors. The song is indeed about the brutality of humanity. I figured that part out all by myself, so you're right about it being obvious. I noticed as well that the band members provided some social commentary in the form of a "fuck you all!" I believe this is the band's way of saying that they are not in fact okay with what is going on. But I could be wrong - you know how stupid I am when it comes to these things. I'd appreciate it even more if you were to enlighten me on whether or not my assumption is correct regarding the social commentary.

Pages: [1] 2

News Deathstars - Lyric Video For New Song Released 10 06.06.2014 by BlackEssence
News The Man-Eating Tree - Lyric Video For New Song Released 10 29.06.2014 by mz
News Tarja - Lyric Video For New Song Released 10 31.05.2013 by Susan
News Grave Digger - Debut Lyric Video For New Song 8.5 30.05.2014 by nicaZe
News Subterranean Masquerade - Lyric Video For New Song 8.5 02.09.2014 by Et Ermit