A new Sleep song? Yes, that is indeed true. This is the first new material from the stoner metal band in 10 years, which premiered today. Listen to their new single "The Clarity" through the Soundcloud player below. It's 10 minutes of new music. So, just go ahead and enjoy it.

"The Clarity" is part of Adult Swim's singles series and will be available as a free download on July 21st. Sleep members say that "The Clarity" has inspired a new full-length album.

Did you enjoy that?

Single Artwork

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sleep

Posted: 18.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 18.07.2014 at 23:56
It's good, and with a nice dose of Om in there too.
Ilham - 19.07.2014 at 00:02
Let's not even talk about the artwork.
!J.O.O.E.! - 19.07.2014 at 00:03
Ok: it's really nice.
Lokaeda - 19.07.2014 at 00:23
A happy, I has.
Ocean Sage - 19.07.2014 at 01:04
Not very good artwork, I love the song itself, but the production could be a lot better. It's what I've been waiting for, so there.
Apothecary - 19.07.2014 at 01:29
Pretty damn good, I'm hearing a heavy Om element as well, which I'm not sure I'm alright with or not. Maybe it needs to sound more like Sleep, don't know entirely how I feel on that one. Overall pretty good track, and I like that "less is more" approach of the artwork.
Ilham - 19.07.2014 at 01:29
Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 01:04

Let me guess. You are a fan of the band.

Why don't you like the artwork? The sole fact it must have been done with an airbrush, or a very well done computer-generated airbrush effect, makes it look ten times better than what we are used to see. The colours are stunning as well.
Rupert - 19.07.2014 at 02:03
Were Jerusalem and Dopesmoker not new material at the times of their releases? I like the song and art regardless.
!J.O.O.E.! - 19.07.2014 at 02:10
Written by Rupert on 19.07.2014 at 02:03

Yeah surely that should say 10 years and not 20.
Mattybu - 19.07.2014 at 02:33
I don't like the artwork other than the stairs. Can't go wrong with stairs though.
!J.O.O.E.! - 19.07.2014 at 02:35
Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:33

Can't go wrong with stairs though.

You've obviously never fallen down any ._.
Mattybu - 19.07.2014 at 02:39
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.07.2014 at 02:35

Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:33

Can't go wrong with stairs though.

You've obviously never fallen down any ._.

Oh I have. But at the end of the day I look at them and say, I can forgive you, just minding your own business, sitting there. I still love you, stairs.

But to further explain my reasoning the artwork can't decide between being something totally abstract and cool or something totally recognizable and cool.
Ilham - 19.07.2014 at 02:50
Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:39

I know I'm a hipster art fag, but . If it looks cool, it just looks cool haha. But It's ok if you don't like it .
Lit. - 19.07.2014 at 02:51
THEY WARNED ME BOUT STAIRS, DAWG. I MIND THE STAIRS.

I've never been a fan of Om, but I love Sleep. I'll listen to this later.
Mattybu - 19.07.2014 at 02:56
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 02:50

Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:39

No what I meant was, it doesn't commit to being other of those things, and as a result doesn't look that cool.

I'm not that pretentious dumbshit whose gonna say I don't like something that I think looks cool
Ilham - 19.07.2014 at 03:05
Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:56

Haha. Ok. But everything doesn't have to be totally abstract or totally figurative. The in-betweens like this open up the image for interpretation and concepts . Please stop me.
Ocean Sage - 19.07.2014 at 03:09
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 01:29

Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 01:04

Let me guess. You are a fan of the band.

Of course I love Sleep, it's a good song, so I said so, man. The artwork is pretty basic, abstract, but if you like that that's cool. I just love actual paintings and such like what Arik Roper has done with Sleep, High On Fire and so on. The colors are nice and the design is solid though as a former student of graphic design. I guess I would have just prefered a drawn album cover. It's kind of nice to look at after awhile. Maybe better than what we've seen for Electric Wizard's new cover.
Ocean Sage - 19.07.2014 at 03:11
Wait a second, this is just the cover for the single, right? The actual upcoming album will have it's own artwork, yes? That's fine then. I guess this makes sense for a song called "The Clarity," like you're walking the staircase to wisdom, enlightenment or an epiphany of the truth.
Ilham - 19.07.2014 at 03:14
Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 03:09
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 01:29

Let me guess. You are a fan of the band.

I think you missed the sarcastic joke about your username .
Okay, I was just curious.
Ilham - 19.07.2014 at 03:17
Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 03:11

Yep, that's how I see it. The album artwork should be in the same vein if they don't want to piss me off and have some regularity .
Ocean Sage - 19.07.2014 at 03:25
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 03:14

Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 03:09
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 01:29

Let me guess. You are a fan of the band.

I think you missed the sarcastic joke about your username .
Okay, I was just curious.

I saw a joke and chose to respond all sassy.
Looking at it some more, I think it's passable and at least it isn't ugly or horrible. (Looks at every power metal cover).
Ocean Sage - 19.07.2014 at 03:26
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 03:17

Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 03:11

Yeah, there'll probably be a different album cover if other bands throughout history show anything. It may have similar motifs, but album cover tend to be somewhat different than their single counterparts. It'll probably be cool, I'm not worried.

P.S. If those two pictures in your profile are really you from a few years ago, you're lovely. (Not trying to be creepy)
Mattybu - 19.07.2014 at 03:26
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 03:05

Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:56

I KNOW I KNOW it's just not for me, this particular piece. If I knew it was actually possible to stop you, I might try.
Ilham - 19.07.2014 at 03:30
Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 03:26

God I'm turning into the female Joe, harassing people with what they know. I just did. There.
Troy Killjoy - 19.07.2014 at 05:42
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.07.2014 at 02:10
Yeah surely that should say 10 years and not 20.

Fixed. Will suggest to members of the news team to consider using online calculators prior to publishing articles.
Rupert - 19.07.2014 at 06:33
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.07.2014 at 05:42

They can be a bit tricky.
Apothecary - 19.07.2014 at 06:55
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.07.2014 at 02:35

Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:33

Can't go wrong with stairs though.

You've obviously never fallen down any ._.

Where's Marcel when we need him?
Mr. Cheeky - 19.07.2014 at 07:21
My god this is amazing. Loving that some of them sounds like Om.
3rdWorld - 19.07.2014 at 07:27
Really good song, some parts of the riffs remind me of Dopesmoker.
Machiavelli - 19.07.2014 at 08:36
I've been listening to so much stoner/doom/psychedelic shit lately with all the bands on bandcamp and shit, there is just mountains of it. The strange thing is that is really is a niche area of metal and there are few bands that can put together tours. We don't even have a local Stoner band here in Seattle that I like so I never go see stoner shows... which seems contrary to what one would expect. I thought this tune was good but nothing more. Good to see that these guys can still get together and create. I hope they are doing it for just that reason and not money.
Troy Killjoy - 19.07.2014 at 10:41
Who cares why a band chooses to make music so long as it sounds good.
Machiavelli - 21.07.2014 at 11:37
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.07.2014 at 10:41

Who cares why a band chooses to make music so long as it sounds good.

True, but with Sleep I'd like to think since it has been so long since last record that they have a lot to say musically, which just happens to coincide with their need of cash.
AtrumHiberna - 21.07.2014 at 14:09
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.07.2014 at 02:10

Written by Rupert on 19.07.2014 at 02:03

Yeah surely that should say 10 years and not 20.

well Dopesmoker is basically an extended and rewritten version of Jerusalem, which makes it 15 years without releasing new music.
oshgar - 21.07.2014 at 16:16
I quite enjoy the Om influence in this, really excited about this new album now. The artwork does look a little Saturday morning cartoonish though...
Xnoybis - 26.07.2014 at 19:10
Written by AtrumHiberna on 21.07.2014 at 14:09

The music was recorded in '95 as a follow-up to Holy Mountain, the label freaked out and it sat unreleased for a long time. Jerusalem took the piece and just randomly cut it into six songs. It was released in '98. In '03 Tee Pee finally released the entire track, unmolested.

So both 10 and 20 are correct. Was recorded nearly 20 years ago. Last release was about 10, although it's just the full version of what had been released about 5 years prior. So 15 also works.

I would say 20 years is correct, because it's the last time they recorded/created new material.
AtrumHiberna - 27.07.2014 at 23:27
Written by Xnoybis on 26.07.2014 at 19:10

Written by AtrumHiberna on 21.07.2014 at 14:09

True, and I knew that. but the thing is that it doesn't really matter when a song was written/recorded but when it was actually released because that's when people have the chance to listen to it.
Anyway, we're all right here and the main point is that Sleep have released new music and I'm very excited about the fact. It's a great song.
Neurozzy - 30.07.2014 at 21:55
The lyrics are so outlandish, I love this song to bits.
Doom,Man - 04.08.2014 at 07:51
Sounds like Om. The song doesn't do it for me so much upon first listen but I can't tell you how excited I am about the fact that it is new and that there is more on the way. PS I like Om, though.

News Vesania - New Song Streaming Online, Announce New Album 5.5 25.09.2014 by Clintagram
News Cradle Of Filth - New Song Available For Streaming 5.5 26.08.2006 by
News Cryptopsy - Another New Song Available For Streaming 5.5 23.08.2012 by Lit.
News Nucleus Torn - New Song Streaming Online 5.5 17.07.2014 by Et Ermit