Now, this is a treat for Arsis fans in North America. The death metal band will tour with special guests Allegaeon and Exmortus in celebration of the 10th anniversary of their classic debut album A Celebration Of Guilt and will be performing it live in its entirety. If you are in Europe and also want a piece of the action, fear not because the band announced they will bring the A Celebration Of Guilt 10 Year Anniversary Tour to Europe in October 2014. So, stay tuned for the dates in Europe.

Frontman James Malone said the following about it: "10 years ago I was a full time college student that was given an opportunity. The musical project that I had been working on 'for fun' on breaks from school was asked to record a full length album for a small independent record label. I had no idea at the time what the response would be to the album, or if there would be any response at all. Almost as soon as the album was released, much to my surprise, we were getting attention from around the world and my life was forever changed. That album was called A Celebration Of Guilt and myself and everyone in Arsis, would like to celebrate it's 10 year anniversary by playing the album...in its entirety...on tour. Many of songs have not been played live in years, if ever. Here's to a decade of guilt and METAL!"

Confirmed tour dates with more coming soon:

09/01/14 - Springfield, VA - Empire
09/28/14 - Tampa, FL - The Orpheum

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Arsis

Posted: 22.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Alondate - 22.07.2014 at 17:21
"The musical project that I had been working on 'for fun' on breaks from school was asked to record a full length album for a small independent record label."

I hope you will work on another album for fun, again
Mattybu - 22.07.2014 at 17:28
So... Anyone know if Exmortus is any good?

I would never even go to this though, maybe if they had a date in Toronto with free admission, even then probably not.
JayMo4 - 22.07.2014 at 17:39
That's pretty cool. I won't pile on with the inevitable "do another album like that" crowd. It's not easy to duplicate such a great album, and when a band tries to rehash old glory like that it usually falls flat. That said, ACoG is one of my favorite metal albums ever and seeing the entire thing performed would be pretty awesome.
Ridley - 22.07.2014 at 18:32
I might try and make it to the VA date. Sounds like it would be a fun show.
Troy Killjoy - 22.07.2014 at 19:13
Written by Mattybu on 22.07.2014 at 17:28
So... Anyone know if Exmortus is any good?

I saw them open for Omnium Gatherum and Dark Tranquillity at the Opera House in downtown Toronto and they were my favorite band of the night - even though DT put up a pretty solid performance. They pumped up the crowd really well and they talk a lot. They're some young guys but seem to be in touch with the old school mentality of thrash. They're really catchy/groove-oriented with neoclassical power metal influences and their one guitarist had some sick solos.

Knowing your taste in music I'd say you probably end up enjoying Exmortus more than Arsis.
Valankir - 23.07.2014 at 05:25
Written by Mattybu on 22.07.2014 at 17:28

So... Anyone know if Exmortus is any good?

I'll second what Troy said. I saw them on the same tour and they really impressed me. I rarely get that excited for Thrash anymore (aside from Kreator), but they sounded great. Absolutely worth checking them out.
deadone - 23.07.2014 at 05:37
It's been 10 years since A Celebration of Guilt has come out?

Where did my life go?
Mattybu - 23.07.2014 at 22:41
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.07.2014 at 19:13

Written by Mattybu on 22.07.2014 at 17:28
So... Anyone know if Exmortus is any good?

Well they sound pretty cool. Always down for neoclassical influenced stuff. Seeing the words thrash and groove relatively close together can be quite a red flag though. But lots of good bands have groove to them. I do like when bands talk a lot too though, or more then just saying "this next one is about _______" every now and then.

The thing about Arsis is I SHOULD like them cause melodic death metal and tech death are 2 of my favourite styles but I don't know, even overlooking the production issues their debut isn't clicking with me at all.
-Morbid- - 24.07.2014 at 01:42
I would love to hit this up, as a lover of guitar solos this would be a very, very enjoyable night I think.

Written by Mattybu on 22.07.2014 at 17:28

So... Anyone know if Exmortus is any good?

If you are talking live, then I would say they definitely are.

Saw them play with Hatchet at a small bar here in front of maybe 40 people (felt like most of them were opening bands and their family members) with no cover charge, and their regular singer had lost his voice (he could barely even talk at the merch table) and the other guitarist was trying to fill in for him, and got sent on stage late because a few of the opening bands went over time. Given all of that, I wouldn't have blamed them for seeming a little down or "off" or like they just wanted to get it over with, but they were energetic and enthusiastic, they played a long set and even played a few extra songs including a cover request, and hung out afterwards and talked with seemingly everyone in the place. They really seemed like they were having a great time and were a nice bunch of guys. I liked their music before, but they really "won my heart" that night.

As for their music, their first album is a bit different than the later two, so be sure to give some of each a try. Also, they do have some groove but I wouldn't at all use it as a genre tag for them. Their first album is sort of death/thrash with pretty technical stuff, and the later two lean more towards the thrash side.

Events USA, Anaheim, CA - Arsis: A Celebration Of Guilt 10 Year Anniversary North American Tour 6 24.07.2014 by The Gaiaborne
News Finntroll - Announce 'Nattfödd' 10th Anniversary Tour 5.5 07.05.2014 by timmoe
News Textures - 'Polars' 10th Anniversary Tour Announced 5.5 23.04.2014 by LeKiwi
News God Is An Astronaut - Announce 10th Anniversary European Tour Dates 5.5 14.09.2012 by Imraghil
News Killswitch Engage - Announce Alive Or Just Breathing 10th Anniversary Tour 5.5 01.10.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!