Former Burzum leader and convicted murderer and arsonist Varg Vikernes, who has served 12 years out of a 21-year jail sentence, will not be released from prison just yet. The Norwegian prison authorities have denied Vikernes' parole application, according to the newspaper Dagbladet. Varg's attorney John Christian Elden says Vikernes' release is long overdue. "He is disappointed by the decision because he feels he is ready to come back into the general community," says Elden.

Vikernes was convicted for the murder of MAYHEM frontman Øystein Aarseth and three counts of church burnings. He has served 12 years out of the 21-year jail sentence, and in accordance with the previous legislation, he is due for parole. But during the years Vikernes spent behind bars, the government passed laws to increase the number of years required in time served before one can be considered for parole to 14 years for 21-year sentences, which is the most severe time-based punishment in Norway. Elden says it is unreasonable that these new regulations are retroactive. "We are baffled the Department of Justice chooses to use laws that came into effect nine years after he stared serving his sentence," says Elden.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Burzum

Posted: 04.07.2006 by Daru Jericho

Comments

Marcel Hubregtse - 04.07.2006 at 11:52
I think it is a good thing parole was denied. Probably also on the grounds that Varg tried to escape the last time he was on weekend leave. And guns were found in his car then as well.
dancingdecember - 04.07.2006 at 12:02
let the fucker rot
Black_Handed - 04.07.2006 at 14:57
Written by dancingdecember on 04.07.2006 at 12:02

let the fucker rot

twice please ). btw...interesting name his attorney has : John Christian Elden. fits varg lol.
Xtreme Jax - 04.07.2006 at 15:54
Written by Black_Handed on 04.07.2006 at 14:57

btw...interesting name his attorney has : John Christian Elden. fits varg lol.

Haha i found that funny.
TheSlaughter - 04.07.2006 at 17:53
Written by Black_Handed on 04.07.2006 at 14:57

Written by dancingdecember on 04.07.2006 at 12:02

let the fucker rot

Um... Do you actually think Varg's first name is actually Varg? His legal name is Christian Vikernes. Black metal musicians changed their names because they were Judeo-Christian (And having your name derrived from Christ himself doesnt make an exception.)

[edited by Eddie on July 5th]
ThunderAxe1989 - 04.07.2006 at 18:01
Aarseth was not the frontman!
Valentin B - 04.07.2006 at 19:11
"He is disappointed by the decision because he feels he is ready to come back into the general community"
...and burn some more churches
anyway he is an EXTREME psycho.there is nothing in him that would encourage me to offer him parole,if i was a judge
Nickferatu367 - 04.07.2006 at 20:21
i personally think the parole officers heard and disliked the last burzum release. therefore, varg must suffer more!
Cryogenic_Death - 04.07.2006 at 20:34
stupid Norwegian authorities trying their best to supress metal (as usual).....

The Sytem Has Failed.......AGAIN!
Lucas - 04.07.2006 at 21:41
@Cryogenic_Death.

Yeah sure. They'll probably change the fucking laws just have some unknown Varg-guy spend more time in jail. If that's what they want, they better release him because he will either get killed, or he will do something stupid which gives them the opportunity to lock him up longer.
Eddie - 04.07.2006 at 23:11
Its kind of lame, and in most countries illegal, that they used that law retro-actively, but I dont care with this, let him stay in jail for as long as possible.
FECAL_FEAST - 05.07.2006 at 00:06
Granted he is a major scumbag, but I'm still very curious to hear any new music he creates after leaving prison. He said in an interview that he is going to make black metal in the vein of old Burzum.
Stigmatized - 05.07.2006 at 00:21
Hmmmmmm.......oh wait...I don't care.
ItalktotheWind - 05.07.2006 at 01:29
Why do people hate Varg so much, it seems very silly to say "Let him rot" when you really have no idea about the man. Retro-active use of laws is ridiculous in any democratic state, no matter the person convicted.
thanatos_7 - 05.07.2006 at 03:42
Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 04.07.2006 at 18:01

Aarseth was not the frontman!

yes, he was he was mayhem and inner circle leader
Lucas - 05.07.2006 at 13:06
Frontman is usually refering to vocalist, which he was not. But I always thought of him as the 'leader' of Mayhem, yes.
fade - 06.07.2006 at 00:02
yay!!
Lucas - 06.07.2006 at 13:05
Varg is so popular around here...
lacrimas - 06.07.2006 at 23:30
Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 17:53

Written by Black_Handed on 04.07.2006 at 14:57

Written by dancingdecember on 04.07.2006 at 12:02

let the fucker rot

[edited by Eddie on July 5th]

um...don't you know nothing? it is Varg. He was born Christian but changed it cuz "it didn't fit his personality". every burzumist knows that
lordz - 07.07.2006 at 05:34
I think the guy did enough time cuz he didnt kill a child or an old lady.... plus if you heared his story euoranmous or what ever that guys name was... tried to fuck up varg and it started in self defence but the situation escladed and when shit hits the fan... shit happens.. I say let him out if he is going to give us good music but if not ... I dont care
Damnated - 14.07.2006 at 14:23
The music is one thing, but Varg is another. I don't think if he get's out, he will run right in the studio, and never come out for the rest of his life. No, he will go kill Shagrath or Dani Filth then burn a few churches, release a record, then go for jail again.
Lucas - 19.07.2006 at 18:18
Written by Damnated on 14.07.2006 at 14:23

If he has the time to. I'm really worried he'll get killed by some crazy Mayhem fan, and that fan will be killed by a Burzum fan, and we would get an 'east coast vs. west coast' story.
Damnated - 19.07.2006 at 19:14
Written by Lucas on 19.07.2006 at 18:18

Written by Damnated on 14.07.2006 at 14:23

Yes, this is another thing. I actually read it somewhere, now that you mention, that Varg fears for his life, but I overlooked it. So I guess this thing is pretty serious...
Lucas - 19.07.2006 at 20:25
Written by Damnated on 19.07.2006 at 19:14

Written by Lucas on 19.07.2006 at 18:18

Written by Damnated on 14.07.2006 at 14:23

Yeah, it is. I wonder what worries me more, the imagine of metal with such a 'war' or the death of Vikerness.. probably the war..
Damnated - 19.07.2006 at 20:42
I don;t think Varg will die. I mean then he would be the martyr of black metal. Forget Dead and Euronymous! He was in prison for 12 years, then brutally murdered, by a fan (that would be funnt, a John Lennon of BM )
Lucas - 19.07.2006 at 20:47
Hmm, probably. I don't really care, I think. Varg should do what he wants to do, he isn't going to take Det Som Engang Var away from, so I don't care.
Futuredigga - 19.07.2006 at 23:55
I hope that racist bitch never gets out of jail.
Basso - 20.07.2006 at 00:04
Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 23:55

I hope that racist bitch never gets out of jail.

Norweigan TV helped building your opinion I suppose.

I am really curious what kind of Music Varg will create when he is relieased. I think he should be set free. I mean he did actually kill in self defence, so 14 years of prision is kinda lame for that.
Futuredigga - 20.07.2006 at 00:43
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:04

Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 23:55

I hope that racist bitch never gets out of jail.

Norweigan TV helped building your opinion I suppose.

No,its that I dont like racists.
Damnated - 20.07.2006 at 04:02
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:04

Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 23:55

I hope that racist bitch never gets out of jail.

Norweigan TV helped building your opinion I suppose.

Something like his early works, similar to Filosofem I think. Anyways, it might just be awsome
Basso - 20.07.2006 at 13:19
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:43

I hope that racist bitch never gets out of jail.

Norweigan TV helped building your opinion I suppose.

No,its that I dont like racists.

I do understand that, I myself dont like racists, but if the racist can do great music sure thing... Besides I think he dumped that idea and went for Paganism.
W-Lash - 28.07.2006 at 10:26
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:43

Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:04

Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 23:55

I hope that racist bitch never gets out of jail.

Norweigan TV helped building your opinion I suppose.

No,its that I dont like racists.

What's so wrong with racists? They just think they are better than other and that's quite normally.
Promonex - 28.07.2006 at 14:01
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:04

Sure, stabbing someone 23 times although the victim becomes immobilized after the first stab already is sure as hell self defence.
Basso - 28.07.2006 at 19:01
Written by Promonex on 28.07.2006 at 14:01

Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:04

haha well ofcourse you can look at it like that, well whatever man I just want to hear his music, dont care if he killed someone.
Lucas - 10.08.2006 at 00:26
Yeah, me too. But, I don't think he can top DSEV.
kronicstress420 - 22.08.2006 at 07:49
well hes done thr time 12 years is a long ttime in their eyes but hr still murdered he should be let go
Ulven i Manden - 30.11.2006 at 23:59
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:04

Music is the most important thing in this case!
I do not like mix it with the media affairs, politics acts, judiciary etc.
Mafila - 11.12.2006 at 08:11
I honestly hope he gets released on parole at his next hearing and then comes back into the black metal scene and kicks everyones ass (music-wise), though because of his reputation and all the haters that's pretty doubtful. I'm sick of the fucking Varg haters who know nothing about him; I don't wholeheartedly agree with his views and some of the things he did but I respect him as a musician and wish the best for him.
Ulven i Manden - 11.12.2006 at 17:36
Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 08:11

Yes, Varg's private live is his personal matter. We can really uncover and try to understand only Burzum music. Many artists has "weird" live (for ordinary people ) but they create brilliant art.
Free Varg Vikernes!
Sidragasum - 23.12.2006 at 00:35
Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 08:11

Nail on head.
Tenebrarum - 13.01.2007 at 03:52
Written by Promonex on 28.07.2006 at 14:01

Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:04

Actually Euronymous fell on shattered glass during the chase, still the court insisted that he had stabbed him 23 times although they knew that was a lie...

Also I don't believe varg will be murdered... those who still care about euronymous, are 14-16year old kids who wouldnt dare to kill anyone anyway... Kinda like Euronymous himself, a wimp, who shut down his record store because his parents told him to.
darius666 - 06.09.2007 at 22:49
guys stop,without varg no body will know what is an ambient black metal.:mad:
iaberis - 10.09.2007 at 04:01
Written by Guest on 13.01.2007 at 03:52

Actually, the real story is that he accidentally fell with his back on Varg's knife 16 times, 2 times with his head and 5 with his neck. Varg was holding the knife to cut an apple in two and share it with Øystein. The court rejected that case as well...

Also don't forget that people died trying to put out his fires. This makes him guilty as well for that.
gorith - 30.11.2007 at 00:45
he should be let out when the sentence is over. let him serve his time and let him out. even if he does burn some more churches, so what? is it really that big a loss? he probably knows the futility of burning churches in such a highly christian country, the government will just rebuild them anyway. let him out, let him make the best black metal album to come out in the last 15 years. then sink back into oblivion. whats the harm?
Wintermute - 26.03.2008 at 01:33
Written by Xtreme Jax on 04.07.2006 at 15:54

Written by Black_Handed on 04.07.2006 at 14:57

btw...interesting name his attorney has : John Christian Elden. fits varg lol.

Haha i found that funny.
, until he got it legally changed because he was afraid that people wouldn't think it was "true"
Wintermute - 26.03.2008 at 01:35
Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 17:53

Written by Black_Handed on 04.07.2006 at 14:57

Written by dancingdecember on 04.07.2006 at 12:02

let the fucker rot

Damn, this has already been talked about. Shows how true I am.

[edited by Eddie on July 5th]

Thryce - 14.06.2008 at 13:32
Posted on 12.06.2008 on burzum.org: Varg Vikernes has been denied parole again.
Promonex - 14.06.2008 at 13:50
HA-HA! [/nelson]
Lucas - 14.06.2008 at 14:15
Damnated - 14.06.2008 at 19:16
eh, who cares anyways. it's not like he's going to pick up a guitar after getting home.

News Varg Vikernes - Soon To Be Released 6 11.03.2009 by Ravencorpse