Dimmu Borgir - Premiere New Video And Song

After more than seven years of silence, symphonic black metallers Dimmu Borgir mark their return and unveil the first song of their new full-length album, Eonian, due to be released on May 4th via Nuclear Blast. This first track off the new record "Interdimensional Summit" comes with a music video shot by Patric Ullaeus, who had previously worked with the band for the clips of "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse", "Sorgens Kammer - Del II" and the award-winning "The Serpentine Offering". Was it worth the wait?

The song represents the "more epic side of a devilish and diverse album, which pays tribute to all eras of the band's 25-years-long history."

01. The Unveiling
10. Rite Of Passage

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Posted: 24.02.2018 by BloodTears

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 65   Visited by: 415 users
27.02.2018 - 20:40
Written by skelator on 26.02.2018 at 00:46

Written by EtherealInfidel on 25.02.2018 at 12:40

But this is like SepticFlesh, with bad composition. I mean, I get that you tone down the guitars to let the symphonic side of the music shine, but SepticFlesh does it well.

Very well. Last Septic Flesh was very good. This is just sympho-whatever for european teens.

I agree, but what I meant to say was that I understand the direction they went into.. similar approach that SepticFlesh has, just done in a very bad way. I wasn't trying to say that SepticFlesh are bad, even though they are more of a frequent listen to my taste. Not something I'd like to hear every day, but that's not a matter of quality in this case.
28.02.2018 - 04:52
Lord Slothrop
Another example of why I detest most music videos. If I ever hear this song again, I'm going to have mental images of that guitarist's stupid expression. And while I don't hate the song, it really didn't do much me either. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I doubt it.
28.02.2018 - 15:41
"The Quaker"
Noo, it's not bad. After all, it's catchy right? Almost cheesy? Mid tempo groovy remains of something that was called black metal once... It has about 3 melody lines that are in stark contrast with each other? Production is okay? Yeah it's not bad - I'm sure they will acquire a horde of new fans. Just hope they don't find their earlier work. Compared to what this band outlined before, this is just garbage.
01.03.2018 - 13:13
I is dissapoint. After close to a decade, a generic power track, that could have been released by one of their 1000 clones. Cheap plastic orchestrations. They also should drop the theatrics. Let's hope the rest is better.
07.03.2018 - 18:44
In many ways, playing symphonic music is about to be epic or pathetic. This gotta be the second one.