A very brief statement was posted on Celtic Frost's website states the following:

"Celtic Frost singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer has left Celtic Frost due to the irresolvable, severe erosion of the personal basis so urgently required to collaborate within a band so unique, volatile, and ambitious."

UPDATED on 11 April (thanks to SlaytallicA):

Celtic Frost singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer talks about his departure from the band. Here's his statement:

"I am devastated beyond description, and I am infinitely disappointed. As the one member of Celtic Frost who is exposed most dramatically to the feedback by our audiences and the media, I feel troubled and humiliated about being unable to honor the enormous goodwill extended to Celtic Frost during the past few years and meet the justified expectations of our fans.

I have always seen the Monotheist album as a mere beginning, and a tame one at that. My mind and spirit are full of energy, creativity, and ideas. Celtic Frost had become the unreserved focus of my life for the second time. I was looking forward immeasurably to working on the next Celtic Frost album. To me, it needed to be darker, heavier, and more experimental than Monotheist.

And yet, Celtic Frost consisted of three individuals, and I was only one of them. In the end I had to concede to myself that there was no other option.

My friendship with and respect for Martin Eric Ain remain unaffected. Moreover, I am in the process of assessing my options to eventually complete, record, and release some of the ideas I originally created for Celtic Frost and the planned next album in the course of the past few years, and to take our distinctive music out on the road again.

There is no way back."

Source: celticfrost.com
Band profile: Celtic Frost

Posted: 09.04.2008 by Bararey

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

owl - 14.04.2008 at 14:00
Written by Warman on 11.04.2008 at 19:16

This is so sad, the new album would probably own!
I thought I read somewhere that the next album will come out anyway, since it's a collection of songs that didn't make it to Monotheist.
Warman - 14.04.2008 at 17:44
Written by owl on 14.04.2008 at 14:00

Written by Warman on 11.04.2008 at 19:16

This is so sad, the new album would probably own!

That would be so appreciated from my side then!
Powerslave16 - 02.06.2008 at 00:10
Tom has formed Triptykon, or something, and he plans to write and finish the music he had envisioned for the next Celtic Frost album.
Daggon - 27.05.2009 at 08:10
This thread is old but the doubt attacked my mind yesterday before going to sleep, if he is still going to release music, then why disband Celtic Frost?
BudDa - 11.09.2009 at 14:16
Am actually noticing for the first time that they disbanded! Am devastated!

Pages: 1 [2]

News Chimaira - Bassist Leaves The Band 5.5 22.11.2010 by Sword_Chant
News Warbringer - Drummer Leaves The Band 5.5 15.01.2011 by imspazzen
News Katatonia - Drummer Daniel Liljekvist Leaves The Band 5.5 17.04.2014 by RaVeN
News Persefone - Drummer Marc Mas Leaves The Band 5.5 06.08.2014 by Darkside Momo
News Eluveitie - Guitarist Simeon Koch Leaves The Band, Announce Replacement 5.5 07.09.2012 by MetalDoomMaster