Here we are with the first list of bands for the Hellfest 2010!

7 SECONDS - AGNOSTIC FRONT - ARCHITECTS - ARCH ENEMY - ATHEIST - BEHEMOTH - BLACK COBRA - BLOODBATH - BORN FROM PAIN - COUNT RAVEN - DARK FUNERAL - DYING FETUS - EARTH CRISIS - FINNTROLL - GENERAL SURGERY - GHOST BRIGADE - GWAR - IMMORTAL - KAMPFAR - NEGURA BUNGET - OBSCURA - RWAKE - SAVIOURS - SECRETS OF THE MOON - SEPULTURA - SUFFOCATION - SWALLOW THE SUN - SWORN ENEMY - TANKARD - TWISTED SISTER - WALLS OF JERICHO - WEEDEATER

80 bands are still to be announced, including headliners!

Early booking rates are already available through Digitick www.digitick.com for 99€ between September, 30 and November, 28 2009, for a 20% save on the final ticket price! Don't wait to get your key to heaven!

The Hellfest Team

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2010

Posted: 30.09.2009 by Jeff

Comments

Jeff - 30.09.2009 at 15:43
Enjoy enjoy
Elio - 30.09.2009 at 16:21
Cool, Atheist!!
corrupt - 30.09.2009 at 16:38
Ah, so Bloodbath do go on festival tour next year. Better chances for them to play in Wacken as well.
Marcel Hubregtse - 30.09.2009 at 16:55
Written by corrupt on 30.09.2009 at 16:38

I know you live around the corner from Wacken but why don't you leave that festival to the annoying masses and come join us at a smaller (I think 20.000 max per day) more relaxed festival in France instead.
corrupt - 30.09.2009 at 17:25
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.09.2009 at 16:55

Written by corrupt on 30.09.2009 at 16:38

I'm not as much of a festival guy as it might appear. I started attending Wacken to get to see more bands I don't know or haven't had a chance to see yet. And so far it has paid off. And now that there's a chance to see one of my recent favourites and seeing that they won't play a real tour soon I would love to see them play the festival that is most convenient for me to attend. But it's not worth the 1.300 km ride to Clisson for me. Not as long as I'm still a studend and living on what small money I earn here and there.
Marcel Hubregtse - 30.09.2009 at 17:29
Written by corrupt on 30.09.2009 at 17:25

Oh yeah I forgot about you not really being a festival guy (neither am I btw) and when it comes to Hellfest you will have to camp (unfortunately) unless you start booking your hotelroom now.
Collin - 30.09.2009 at 17:31
Really cool list of bands, as always
Marcel Hubregtse - 30.09.2009 at 17:40
Yes, already a cool list and a nic emix of genres ranging from old school hard rock to some REAL hardcore
BitterCOld - 30.09.2009 at 18:34
Thats good news for Saviours. I liked them a lot when they played with High On Fire.
Sjuk - 30.09.2009 at 18:55
Amazing news !
Darkside Momo - 30.09.2009 at 19:32
Did I already say 'count me in'? If not, that's done now
Ernis - 30.09.2009 at 20:11
Which Negura Bunget? The group split with a scandal and, in fact, the sole original member who was not even the main songwriter does not have the moral right to continue under that name.....
LeChron James - 30.09.2009 at 20:16
Agnostic front? why?
Marcel Hubregtse - 30.09.2009 at 20:41
Written by LeChron James on 30.09.2009 at 20:16

Agnostic front? why?

Why not? They are a brilliant hardcore band.
And before you start to whine... what is hardcore doing there? The festival started as more or less a hardcore festival with just a few metal bands.
Besides, loads of metallers like real hardcore. I would say bring it on... not just 7 Seconds, Agnostic Front, Born From Pain, Earth Crisis, Wall Of Jericho but also Madball, Sick Of It All, Bad Brains, old Crumbsuckers, Cro-Mags (oops we had them last year), Minor Threat, etc etc
Bad English - 30.09.2009 at 21:37
ARCH ENEMY - ATHEIST - BLOODBATH - COUNT RAVEN - - FINNTROLL - - IMMORTAL - KAMPFAR - NEGURA BUNGET - - SECRETS OF THE MOON - TANKARD - TWISTED SISTER -

Those bands are for me top what I wanna see but COUNT RAVEN stands out from all, its Nr 1
arj - 30.09.2009 at 23:54
Interesting line up. Hellfest never fails to bring the best. Blooodbath is definately one to see
Idioglossia - 01.10.2009 at 00:41
WEEDEATER!
BreadGod - 01.10.2009 at 01:13
Behemoth AND Suffocation? Oh man, that sounds so awesome. I wish I had the money to go there.
Got Mayhem? - 01.10.2009 at 03:40
Behemoth, dying fetus, bloodbath, atheist, suffocation, dark funeral and Imortal?

Unfortunately...France is not an option for me.
Newfie_Metal - 01.10.2009 at 04:57
Hellfest always has a great lineup
DoomGuard - 01.10.2009 at 05:53
Noone has said "wtf" to Walls of Jericho yet?

Let me say it:

WTF?!?! WALLS OF JERICHO?!?!
LeChron James - 01.10.2009 at 07:12
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.09.2009 at 20:41

Why not? They are a brilliant hardcore band.

whoa im not whining about hardcore being there. and i can totally appreciate Sick of It All, Bad Brains, Cro-Mags and Minor Threat. its just that i dont find agnostic front to be all that good. they just dont do it for me. i've got their "rare" united blood EP from '83 and their '07 release and neither era does it for me. even their "victim in pain" album which people tout as their "crowning achievement" doesnt do it for me. just an opinion, relax.
Marcel Hubregtse - 01.10.2009 at 07:19
Written by LeChron James on 01.10.2009 at 07:12

My bad for thinking you were whining about hardcore in general. I only thought that because most people here on MS tend to do that when a couple of great hardcore bands pop-up on a festival bill like this one.
For me the UNited Blood ep and Warriors don't do it either and also not Victim In Pain (which is btw usually regarded as their corwning achievment by punks only) But I am a huge fan of the way more metallic (yes that's metalcore there for you) Cause For Alarm and One Voice.
But live they always deliver no matter what tracks they play.
tulkas - 01.10.2009 at 07:50
Maaaan, I seriously need to get a job or whatever that can give me enough money to be able to go to europe and attend this sort of festivals.
Darkside Momo - 01.10.2009 at 08:19
Written by DoomGuard on 01.10.2009 at 05:53

Noone has said "wtf" to Walls of Jericho yet?

Let me say it:

WTF?!?! WALLS OF JERICHO?!?!

And why would we say that? As Marcel stated above, Hellfest was at first a mostly-hardcore fest. And WoJ were there in 2007 already.
LeChron James - 01.10.2009 at 11:19
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2009 at 07:19

But live they always deliver no matter what tracks they play.

understandable, i dont normally care about what kinda music a band plays as long its appropriate for the venue and accompanying bands they play with, you know? but for the sake of trying to see where you're coming from in terms of Agnostic Front's highlights from a perdominantly metal based opinion, i will check out those albums and if its done well i'm sure i can find something good in it.
Justice - 01.10.2009 at 11:41
Really this is the best festival
Warman - 01.10.2009 at 12:37
I wanna go!
Super_Greg - 02.10.2009 at 09:45
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.09.2009 at 20:41

Written by LeChron James on 30.09.2009 at 20:16

Agnostic front? why?

Why not? They are a brilliant hardcore band.

I'm so jealous of you Europeans! Such a cool much of old school hardcore and metal! I would love if the states had festivals nearly as big or impressive

And old school hardcore like agnostic front, bad brains and earth crisis is awesome!
SlaytallicA - 03.10.2009 at 15:07
It starts very good...

News Hellfest 2010 - Kiss First Headliner 6 23.11.2009 by arj
News Dutch Doom Days - First Names For 2010 Announced 6 20.05.2010 by Marcel Hubregtse
News Graspop Metal Meeting 2010 - First Names Announced 6 23.11.2009 by The Shape 1973
News HellFest 2008 - New Names In The Line Up! 4.5 22.02.2008 by White Winter Sun
News Metaltown 2010 - First Bands Announced 4.5 09.12.2009 by Fat & Sassy!