Metal Storm logo
Party Metal

23.04.2008 - 23:57
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Metal is a multi-dimensional genre of music, that much is clear. The vast majority of discussion on this forum is about which band is more Grim, or more EPIC!!!, or faster, or more progressive, of darker, etc., etc., etc. Yet there is also a side of Metal that is just footloose and fancy free...or...um...I mean, party oriented.

I love deep, emotional, complex Metal, as many of you know, but the last thing I want to hear at a party is "A Change of Seasons", "A Trace of Blood" or "2112". The Glam Metal scene was famous for producing music that was pretty much about partying...or sex. Yet I know there are more than just big haired sexually confused bands out there that made Metal music that is great for partying.

Thus I give you the Party Metal Thread *cue the trumpet music*

I was going through my iTunes this past week in attempt to make a massive play list of Metal for a party, and I didn't have as much as I hoped I would. So how about we start recommending some good music for each other. Now I know when a bunch of Metalheads get together This Godless Endeavor is great fun to listen to, but I'm sure we all have non-Metal friends, and that just isn't music that would work well for a party with them.

Some of the songs that came to mind are:
"Panama" - Van Halen
"Cult of Personalilty" - Living Color
"Epic" - Faith No More
"Enter Sandman" James Hetfield and the Metallicas.
"Jet City Woman" - Queensryche
"Rock and Roll" - Led Zeppelin
"We're Not Goin Take It" - Twisted Sister

I am sure there are bands that normally don't do music that is party like, but everyone and a while you get something, like the new Dillenger Escape Plan album has "Black Bubblegum". So have at it troops!
----
(space for rent)
24.04.2008 - 04:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm most of the music at parties I go to is rap, unfortunately, but when I go to parties with drugs everywhere, usually bands like Tool, A Perfect Circle, Rage Against the Machine, and Nine Inch Nails gets played. Buuuuuuut, in the rare occasion that I go to a party with metal heads, I've found that -core (lots of local shit too tbh) music is the best, like DRI, Zeke, Municipal Waste, Hunab-Ku (<-- crazy spastic noise metal with prog influences), Converge, Funerot, Neurosis, Mastodon, etc. But, it all depends on the type of party, and I guess it doesn't really matter what music is played as long as there's enough beer. xD
24.04.2008 - 09:25
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
If i was going to play music at a party, i wouldnt play alot of metal. Unless it was a party with the majority being metalheads.

I would probably keep to Heavy Metal, Hard Rock and some Progressive Metal mixed in with other music.

Ive never had a party with metalheads alone, so yeh. All i know is i would never play only my music to others, and expect my party to be great haha.

There are a few songs that come to mind, but not alot.
25.04.2008 - 02:10
Fhuesc
I think that folk, specially Finntroll, it's great for a party.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
25.04.2008 - 21:32
necrovamp
hm lots of songs about beer is always good (try korpiklaani but they may be too folky, i alsways think Edguy go down well at aparty its melodic metal that isnt too serious (cheack out lavatory love machine or trinidad) you could also try hard rock like AD/DC their good to party to. Try stuff like Rainbow and Deep Purple too. they're well known and easy for non metalhaeds to party to. unless of course they like hip hop and rap then try the 'rap metal' stuff from bands like linkin park etc or anthrax (i know they trash but come on 'i am the man?' that rap metal' early rammstien stuff is good also.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
26.04.2008 - 15:51
selken
Irreligious
Written by Fhuesc on 25.04.2008 at 02:10

Korpiklaani!!!!!!!!!
Happy Little Boozer xD xD xD xd
----
26.04.2008 - 21:46
Charly546
Scientists from Oxford University and Birmingham University have conducted a study about party music. Their conclusion for party metal music is as follows:
NWOBHM = party metal.

Get yourself a nice compilation and you are all set.
27.04.2008 - 03:31
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Initially I thought this subject was a bit blasphemous, but then I thought of a couple songs that may work...

Pantera - It's Goddamn Electric
Darkthrone - Whiskey Funeral
Darkthrone - Raised On Rock

I hate parties myself, they're just full of drunk assholes. I prefer to get drunk in peace at my own home, play some games, play my guitar or drums, get laid by the wife.
29.04.2008 - 15:27
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by necrovamp on 25.04.2008 at 21:32

hm lots of songs about beer is always good (try korpiklaani but they may be too folky

I remember there was a thread about metal drinking songs, but I cannot find it anymore. By the way, Equilibrium's Unter der Eiche is slowly becoming my favourite drinking song:

Jedes Jahr zur gleichen Stunde stehen wir und singen hier!
Tanzen, lachen, spielen, saufen, trinken Met und ganz viel Bier!
Feiern bis zum Morgengrauen, machen diese Nacht zum Tag,
fressen wie die Wölfe alles, mehr noch als der Manegarm!

which more-or-less translates to:

"Every year at the same time, we stand and sing here!
Dancing, laughing, playing, getting drunk, we drink mead and a lot of beer!
Partying until dawn, we transform this night into a day,
We eat everything like wolves, even more than Manegarm!"
29.04.2008 - 16:30
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i've got three words for y'all: Judas fuckin' Priest.

(in order of sing along value, with you've got another thing comin' as the best)
-you've got another thing comin'
-living after midnight
-breaking the law
-painkiller
-grinder
-electric eye
-metal gods
-exciter
-the sentinel
-freewheel burning(imagine being drunk and trying to sing along the really fast bit in the middle lol)

etc.
07.05.2008 - 02:43
Olli
Municipal Waste
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
07.05.2008 - 04:25
Judas
The Amputator
Lots of NWOBHM and Glam is awesome for parties. A few of my mates and I have a running joke where we sing "Quintessence" by Darkthrone at parties, but that's just us.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
07.05.2008 - 08:55
Zamoth
Onkel Tom Angelripper!!!! jejeje, so many memories.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oxEu3JodOo

he even has an album for christmas partys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbRvJkuMQEs

Cheers!
12.05.2008 - 17:17
Abattoir
Staff
I think that some heavy metal and hard rock goups are perfect for metal party, or just a party Judas Priest, Hammerfall, Iron Maiden, W.A.S.P., AC/DC, Twisted Sister, and so on...
12.05.2008 - 20:25
Gordon Freeman
My idea of party is drunken dancing and slurred sing-alongs.

So obviously folk music works the best for me.

My ideal "party mix" CD contains songs from Tyr, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Asmegin, Flogging Molly (not metal), early Vintersorg and of course lots and lots of Skyclad.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
12.05.2008 - 21:06
carlithrashinmad
Account deleted
Am I the only one yo think about playing some Exodus songs while partying? for example: The Toxic Waltz, Brain Dead, Impact is imminent. Then maybe some beer songs with Tankard?

"Here's a new dance craze that's sweeping the nation
It's called the toxic waltz and it's causing devastation
You're jumping up and down like a psycho circus clown
Slamming with waltzers all the way around
You get caught up in the whip
You're thrown into a flip
You aim for someone's head
To stain the floor red
Give someone a kick
To prove you're truly sick
Bounce back from some blows
And blood runs out your nose"

13.05.2008 - 00:10
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Abattoir on 12.05.2008 at 17:17

I think that some heavy metal and hard rock goups are perfect for metal party, or just a party Judas Priest, Hammerfall, Iron Maiden, W.A.S.P., AC/DC, Twisted Sister, and so on...

AC/DC and Iron Maiden are best for party. but i also like guns n roses
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
13.05.2008 - 07:54
Abattoir
Staff
Written by Varegan on 13.05.2008 at 00:10

Written by Abattoir on 12.05.2008 at 17:17

AC/DC and Iron Maiden are best for party. but i also like guns n roses

Yea, they aren't bad either.
24.10.2008 - 14:33
gocasaca
Written by selken on 26.04.2008 at 15:51

Korpiklaani!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!
And some Equilibrium- Met!
10.11.2008 - 23:03
DanielViking
Motorhead - Killed by Death
Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take it
Motley Crue - Kickstart my Heart
Airbourne - Stand Up For Rock N'Roll
Metallica - Whiplash
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Ensiferum - One More Magic Potion
Korpiklaani - Happy Little Boozer
Tankard - Freibier
29.01.2011 - 15:04
BrokenKnuckles
Andrew WK (any)
AC/DC - I like to play "Have a drink on me" on bars jutebox's
and any 80's glam metal.
George Thorogood (not metal) but a bad ass dude
31.01.2011 - 19:29
Party metal? Why not party metalcore like this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8B7ZJDOAPo

I'm not a fan personally lol. I think their combination of glam and metalcore is waaay too weird for my taste.
31.01.2011 - 19:35
SlaytanicGonzo
Where I live all parties is all Reggaeton and Cumbia. If you even dare to put a rock song (let alone metal) you would be booed and your house would be destroyed. When I think about that it makes me so sad.
31.01.2011 - 22:55
ANGEL REAPER
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 31.01.2011 at 19:35

Where I live all parties is all Reggaeton and Cumbia. If you even dare to put a rock song (let alone metal) you would be booed and your house would be destroyed. When I think about that it makes me so sad.

Not better in Serbia....Only the house don't get destroyed.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
31.01.2011 - 23:30
Bleeding angel
Okay.. some Mötley Crüe would cheer the party.Add some Subways and The Whitestripes,ok maybe some Muse and Depeche..
I personaly don't like to listen to metal if I go to party.C'mon you listen metal all your fuckin life
31.01.2011 - 23:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by MordecaiHexagram on 31.01.2011 at 19:29

Party metal? Why not party metalcore like this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8B7ZJDOAPo

I'm not a fan personally lol. I think their combination of glam and metalcore is waaay too weird for my taste.

hahah, it's been a long time since i heard such an obscene amount of cheese cramped into 3 minutes and a half. indeed quite bizzare, and a way too obviously commercial band to earn any respect from me.
01.02.2011 - 02:13
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 31.01.2011 at 19:35

Seriously. Where I live it's mostly rap or dance at parties, though sometimes I'll get away with throwing a Guns n Roses Metallica or other popular type metal on without too much fuss if the song fits the mood. People like music they're familiar with is all.

I played the "Guilty of being White" Slayer cover on my friends CD player at a party just to see what would happen a few weeks back . Funniest shit ever.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
03.02.2011 - 00:18
Written by gocasaca on 24.10.2008 at 14:33

Written by selken on 26.04.2008 at 15:51

Korpiklaani!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!
And some Equilibrium- Met!
03.02.2011 - 13:01
Vivi'
Shouldn't you be listening to whatever you listen to when you are not drinking?
03.02.2011 - 14:22
ForeverDarkWoods
I think that folk metal sucks for parties. Just saying. Those parties turn really lame really quickly as soon as somebody starts going "Hey, let's listen to Finntroll!".
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America