regular
typical metalhead
other(SPECIFY GODDAMIT)
gothic

Total votes: 180
16.09.2008 - 18:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
really simple question, which out of these do you prefer?

1. metalhead:

you all know this: band shirts, denim, black leather, metal, spikes, chains and of course the gloves of metal.. mostly not crackerjack clothes lmao.

2. gothic:

morbid, somber, mostly black stuff, jewelery, really long coats, huge black boots, generally what a vampire would dress like.

3. regular- regular, crackerjack clothes, the stuff most people would wear.

out of the list i choose regular as i don't wear my band shirts that often, and other than those i have no other accessory that links to metal music

i would have included more options but i know only very few people around here dress other than this. if it's not in those 3 categories, i put an "other" option but remember to still answer the question.
16.09.2008 - 19:27
Ernis
狼獾
I dress regularly most of the time... jeans, shirt and some jacket...don't really pay much attention to fashion or style.....main thing's convenience....
16.09.2008 - 19:39
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Gangsta WHAAAT Thug Life

No, in reality I wear a suit everyday so I guess that would be OTHER - CONFORMIST

And that goth better make sure to clean up after his dog...
16.09.2008 - 19:44
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I dress like I'm not retarded (3).

I sometimes wear band shirts but I only buy them if they actually look good. Black t-shirts don't suit me so that's ruled out a fair few really and the only one I really wear is white Bone Awl tee. I like to dress stylish but fairly casual. I think it's important to look good to feel confident and simply because people's opinions of you are influenced by how you look. I'm not a people-person really. I don't care too much what they think but if people are influenced by appearance then I'd rather influence their opinion of me in a positive way.

I learned too late in life that people do see a difference between scruffy bastard and casually stylish, confident guy. I'm only 20 but that seems like a lot of time wasted wearing scruffy old t-shirts and faded jeans and hoodies just to have a bit more money in my pocket. I feel so much better dressed nicely. Funnily enough, I don't spend much more money now. Anyone familiar with the british shop 'Primark' will understand.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
16.09.2008 - 19:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Introspekrieg on 16.09.2008 at 19:39

Gangsta WHAAAT Thug Life

No, in reality I wear a suit everyday so I guess that would be OTHER - CONFORMIST

well, i was talking mostly about what you wear like when you can dress however you like, if you wear a suit when you're at your workplace that doesn't really count... even if you're at the job all day
16.09.2008 - 19:56
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 16.09.2008 at 19:51

Written by Introspekrieg on 16.09.2008 at 19:39

Gangsta WHAAAT Thug Life

well, i was talking mostly about what you wear like when you can dress however you like, if you wear a suit when you're at your workplace that doesn't really count... even if you're at the job all day

Oh right, I should have specified. I do wear a suit to work, but I usually keep it on when I go out (the professional look.) If I'm going to a show though I usually will throw on a band tee and jeans. I also agree with Tom that bands should start making shirts in other colors besides black, we look like a bunch of black sheep lined up outside the venue on concert night XD
16.09.2008 - 20:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Damn... I wanted to sodomize that dog tbh.

Well I choose Other. Because I have clothes that are really normal but at the same times I have a lot of band T-shirts and so on. So it's kinda in the middle.
Some of my clothes would be a bit goth as well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.09.2008 - 21:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
O vote for typicak metalhad, I always had jeans and letter jacket and denim jacket whit me, black t shirt, in summer and warm seaons you can tell Im metahead, bicker if you see mee
But also lets say I can be cowboy whit long hair ,

Whit Old school metalheda I mena, look 80's Blind Guardian pics you will see
Always jeans, no military style pens and so on , slim fit levi's or wrangler 9thay are cheeper and better quality) hehe ,

But winter, ist regular, because its freeky cold and anoying, so simple winter clouths
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.09.2008 - 21:38
Vrana
Regular. I wear jeans almost all the time, I like one colored clothes (usually black or green or gray) and simple shirts. I hate shoping.
The only thing I really love to buy are hats. I just got a new one yesterday
16.09.2008 - 21:51
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
being comfortable is important to me so it's a combination of "regular" and "typical metalhead".
then i'd call it Regularized-Metalhead or Metalized-Regular and as regularity element is dominant, the latter seems to be more proper lol then catagorized under "other"...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
16.09.2008 - 23:23
Nightmare^
Well, hmm...I'd say regular. I usually wear jeans, black t-shirts (sometimes band ones), leather jacket etc. Nothing special about it. Of course i don't give a fuck about fashion, but i'm neither in the "metalhead" outfit as described in the 1st post
----
16.09.2008 - 23:47
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
i wear my band t shirts jeans or ripped jeans chains jackets shit like that
17.09.2008 - 00:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nightmare^ on 16.09.2008 at 23:23

black t-shirts .

man for you its unnatural coulor
----

17.09.2008 - 00:04
Nightmare^
HAHAHAHAHAHHA, alright perhaps i should upload the tr00 me, wearing Spongebob pajamas
----
17.09.2008 - 01:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I always wear basketball shorts because they allow my balls to swing from side to side when I walk. Then I'll either wear a sleeveless shirt or a band shirt, but I'm beginning to dress nicer. For shoes, it's either black skate shoes or basketball shoes.

I hate clothes shopping so goddamn much. I feel gay doing it for some reason, so I go in really fast and just get whatever and pay for it quickly. That's probably why most of my jeans don't fit.

I don't have any leather because I'm not gay. I would wear a leather thong but that doesn't seem like the most absorbent material out there.
17.09.2008 - 05:39
Oracle
Orcinus
I wear mostly everything except goth clothing. I wear dresses, coloured clothing metal shirts, skirts, jeans, surf brand clothings such as Billabong etc etc. I just care what people think and don't care how i look buuut i don't like dressing like a Barbie doll though... thats yucky lol.
17.09.2008 - 09:08
Fhuesc
i vote for regular for me, and goth for the hot chicks
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
17.09.2008 - 12:48
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I wear typical metalhead clothes most of the times but I also go for casual, regular clothes if I feel like it.
Oh, and I wear pajamas when I'm at home
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.09.2008 - 13:41
Piro
I wear... well it depends. One day I will be wearing a nice polo shirt and brand name shorts, the next I am wearing a Darkthrone Beanie black jacket, band T-shirt, and black denim jeans.

Whatever fits the occasion and is comfortable I suppose.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
17.09.2008 - 14:34
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Fhuesc on 17.09.2008 at 09:08

i vote for regular for me, and goth for the hot chicks

I'd rather attractive girls look attractive.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
17.09.2008 - 15:02
Abattoir
Staff
Well, mostly regular. Of course I wear the band's T-shirt, normal jeans, and usually I wear skate shoes (black or brown).
17.09.2008 - 18:05
Richard
Elite
'Typical Metalhead', I suppose - although that also seems to cross over into 'regular' a little bit, as the 'black T-shirt and jeans' thing can apply to both..?

I always remember reading about people who drive Volkswagon Beetles - when they drive past and see someone else in a VW beetle, they beep their horns at each other as a little sign of mutual respect and recognition... And sometimes the same thing happens to people of a 'Metal appearance'. (Well, not 'beeping' your 'horn', but you know what I mean!)

Of course, if someone has a similar 'look' to you, they could still turn out to have a completely different personality or just be a twat. The music itself is obviously the most important thing, rather than what a band or fan looks like. However, I think it's good that some people keep certain traditions alive which are associated with the visual side of Metal - and that goes beyond someone's personal appearance, too... For instance, imagine if Iron Maiden got rid of Eddie on their album covers, and changed their logo to a pink fluffy one... the music might still be brilliant, but it would be a shame that part of their tradition had gone.
----
17.09.2008 - 18:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Richard on 17.09.2008 at 18:05

'Typical Metalhead', I suppose - although that also seems to cross over into 'regular' a little bit, as the 'black T-shirt and jeans' thing can apply to both..?

I would say old school metalhead, not all nowdays ahs such letter jackets hair and beard

and yes black t shirta nd jeans can be regular and meatlhead too, it depends how you look at it,
----

17.09.2008 - 18:53
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
I wear band t shirts and blue jeans.. occasionally I'll wear black jeans. I always wear a hoodie even in the summer.. a band hoodie haha!
17.09.2008 - 19:08
Sunioj
70% of the time: Other - business casual (stuff suitable for the office). Mainly button ups, kackis, but I like to shift it in my own style and emphasize black.

I like dressing formal.
17.09.2008 - 19:37
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I hate to buy clothes, I actually ask my female friends to buy clothes for me. In the morning I usually put on the first clothes I see. I like when I work in places when I'm asked to dress formaly so I don't have to think at all about it.
17.09.2008 - 20:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=5080] on 17.09.2008 at 19:37

I hate to buy clothes, I actually ask my female friends to buy clothes for me. In the morning I usually put on the first clothes I see. I like when I work in places when I'm asked to dress formaly so I don't have to think at all about it.

same here, I hate it specely buy socks, I dont remeber when I had bought them, I ask my mother same whit hats and glows, realy hate it
I can t-shirts, but moist of my clouts are 10 years old, I havnt bought new t-short last 5 or 6 years too
Only I ordered jeans in i net from usa
----

18.09.2008 - 20:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I prefer Gothic-type clothing...it's the clothing I wear on a usual basic...but then again, I also perfer metal...I wear a wide variety of things...when I go out, I wear a combination of Goth, Industrial and Metal clothing...therefore, I wear Tripp pants, a pinstripe kinda overcoat shirt with the belts, buckles, chains, etc...and then I wear the metal spikes and wristband things on my wrists and neck...however, when I go to clubs I like to really overdo it and wear industrial/cyber stuff...
23.09.2008 - 20:58
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i just wear normal clothes like a skirt or some jeans but teamed with an awesome band tee shirt and some weird hair do i just happened to think of...its alot easier now i got a mohican hehe
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
30.09.2008 - 06:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I'm a pretty regular dude when it comes to dress... I liek some metal stuff, I have a leather bracer and wear my earrings, and do won some band tees, but that's -sort of- common. Usually jeans, sometimes cargo pants. Proper shirts to go to work from monday to friday, and polo shirts or t-shirt on fridays. You'll almost get me wearing elegant shoes, I'm always with sneakers, theyr'e more comfortbale, and given my job, it's better.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!