Metal Storm logo
Things that make you happy

18.11.2009 - 19:00
Nexus
Asshat
All right, so everyones bitching about things that make em sad, or things that piss em off ... but man, enough of this negativity! We got enough of that shite circulating around this world as it is without us harvesting and exacerbating it. Lets talk about and celebrate what makes us happy for once!

Music! Particularly metal! ... And even more so, Thrash metal to be exact. Fuck yeah!
Beer!
Sunny days : )
Sunsets
People who genuinely care about others, and want to help each other out
Positive people
Honest people (or as honest as they can possibly be)
People who like to party as much as I do (without losing themselves completely)
People who are able to discuss something intelligent

And yeah, searched about 7 pages back, got to be too much of a strenuous task for me to keep looking back to see if anyone had posted a topic similar to this. If there is one, then feel free to trash this thread.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
18.11.2009 - 19:06
tulkas
el parcero
Nice thread A place to not bitch about stuff, that's good.

So, what makes me happy? When it's a sunday afternoon, there isn't anything, or not much, to do, and I can just saty in bed doing nothing all day.
- Sleeping late whenever it's possible.
- Eating PIZZA!! And in general eating what I like, whenever I want to.
- Driving; though now I don't have a car :'(

I'll think of other stuff, that's ok for now.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
18.11.2009 - 19:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Nexus on 18.11.2009 at 19:00

And yeah, searched about 7 pages back, got to be too much of a strenuous task for me to keep looking back to see if anyone had posted a topic similar to this. If there is one, then feel free to trash this thread.

We do have a search function, you know? (Count me as 'wanting to help people' )
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.11.2009 - 20:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
I always say there's three things that cheers me up:

1. My friends. I have the best friends possible. I love them over anything and would take a bullet for each one of them any day. We're nine guys who always spends time together and even gave our "gang" the name BBB (after a Swedish comedy serie we love) almost three years ago. We even celebrate the day BBB first got together every year. To people we all know, we're not individuals, we're one being. It's impossible to invite just one of us, they have to ask "is BBB coming?", not "are you coming?".

2. Music. Do I really have to explain why?

3. Booze. I love alcohol, I really do. I love being drunk, I really do. I love to party with my friends, I really do. Just a couple of days ago I was searching through my bag I had to a party last Friday. I found a beer can. I was so happy, I had to tell my friends over msn about my discovery. I guess this is not that healthy for me though, considering my mom is a pill popper and my dad is an alcoholic.
----
18.11.2009 - 20:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I dunno about "happy"... But certainly things I appreciate and keep me sane are metal, playing guitar, and my cat.
18.11.2009 - 20:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What means be happy?
Well there is many like good football match when anal madrid loose, good hockey match specely when I go to Coop Arena watch Lulea, also NHL, good film on TV, good day, good booze, sex(not realy ), sunny days, summer, seasons, fammily, warmn house, my cats etc there many thinks in list, buit sam etime those thinks can make me sad, so its diferent thinks in diferent times, but yesterday and today its Foppa
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.11.2009 - 20:29
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Video game nights... just a friend reunion to drink, play video-games and talk shit. Kind of a bad-ass version of the ''Halo Night'' from Big Bang Theory

Thinking well.. doing anything with friends is already a good thing.

And when by myself, finding funny images and videos make me happy, also having some good film or series to watch. That's more than enough to me.

Dont even gonna mention the metal music, its implied on the forum im posting this XD
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
18.11.2009 - 23:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
What's with the retaliation topic?? metal is all about HATRED

as for what i like, i guess it would be the things you can see listed in my profile and signature
19.11.2009 - 05:12
MetallicA
Written by Uirapuru on 18.11.2009 at 20:29

Dont even gonna mention the metal music, its implied on the forum im posting this XD

haha true!

as for me:
My family, friends and boyfriend
Metal concerts
Watching lightning (and sometimes video taping it)
Drawing
A good beer
Warhammer 40K novels
Playing with my beads and making stuff with them
Playing dressup...yeah I do that sometimes. Only since I'm grown I do it with my own clothes, not my mom's lol
The beach & swimming
Going to parties and gettin rowdy
Working out ...I always feel so good afterwards! It's refreshing.
Shopping (I don't get to do this much...I'm pretty broke haha)
Getting As in school...especially in math (I have an A average in calc II right now woohoo!)
Making stupid jokes and laughing at the little things that make life great
Making disgusting jokes and laughing at how revolted I can make someone (even construction workers, you know those fuckers can be disgusting but I got 'em beat!)
Cooking (I can cook damn good)
and the list goes on...
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
19.11.2009 - 05:15
MetallicA
Written by Warman on 18.11.2009 at 20:13

I guess this is not that healthy for me though, considering my mom is a pill popper and my dad is an alcoholic.

yikes yeah you may want to watch that!
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
19.11.2009 - 21:26
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
How could I forget the beach??!! Its simply the best place in the world (after my bed).

For happy and sad moments, but mostly for happy
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.11.2009 - 06:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
- Being with my Girlfriend.
- Listening music.
- Reading fantasy listening to Power Metal.
- HAnging out with my cousins and pretend I'm their vocalist (they kinda have a band)
- Eating.
- Sex.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.11.2009 - 06:44
Zombie, M.D.
Crying children, the glare of burning churches, kicking puppies, perpetrating wanton and heinous acts of violence on happy lovers and the world at large, crossword puzzles....the standard stuff.

I guess as not to be 100% sarcastic: Watching cartoons with my daughter on sundays when I don't have to work.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
20.11.2009 - 08:28
MetallicA
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.11.2009 at 06:28

- Eating.
- Sex.

who doesn't like that?

muscles (not ginormous veiny ones, those are gross lol)
the university radio station I used to DJ at before I graduated. (I miss it so much)
shootin' the shit with my recruiter
actually shooting (guns, I mean) I love shooting guns!
headbanging at concerts (I love it when there's a bunch of us grouped together just headbanging)
driving nice cars and pretending they're mine lol (I rented a Mustang once...ahhh it was so nice!)
traveling for metal shows
Maryland Deathfest ...fucking awesome 3 day metalfest. It's the best in the US for sure. (Been 2 years in a row and plan on making it a third)
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
20.11.2009 - 08:32
Derwood
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 20.11.2009 at 06:44

...perpetrating wanton and heinous acts of violence on happy lovers...

That's one of my favourite pastimes. Nothing makes me happier than spreading misery. I'm especially fond of telling parenting horror stories to prospective first-time parents.

Discovering a great new band is also up there.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
20.11.2009 - 09:16
tulkas
el parcero
Knowing that today I will my have my last class of the week, of the month, of the semester, of my career at university! I still have several final assignments to turn in, but as far as going to class refers, I'll be passed that in less than 12 hours
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
20.11.2009 - 10:59
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by MetallicA on 20.11.2009 at 08:28

- Eating.
- Sex.

who doesn't like that?

ME!
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
20.11.2009 - 15:26
Ragana
Rawrcat
+ LARGE snowdrifts in February
+ when it snows/rains and I'm at home, holding a warm cup of tea/coffee and reading something
+ my friends and classmates - they're so funny and it's so unfair that this is our last year at high school, I'll definitely miss them
+ sunny days and the sun in general
+ the sea, dark forests, high mountains and colourful meadows
+ watching comedies, even the romantic ones
+ photos - qualitative or not but with a great feeling or at least nice scenes
+ good music at the right time
+ art in general but I deeply appreciate those people who make nice and little things out from different stuff, like florists and interrier designers
+ changing the looks of my bedroom
+ happy people who make me feel better only by talking with me about different stuff
+ long conversations with interesting people
+ learning things I like
+ reading
+ animals and my cat above all ^^ he's so cute when he catches his tail or rolls on his back looking at me with that 'you don't pay any attention to me so why don't you scratch me now?' look
+ doing nothing but watching tv or reading some book all day long
+ sleeping!
+ writing different stuff. when I was 13, I wrote a story and published it - everyone liked it. now my inspiration is gone... I'd want to have it back
+ traveling and experiencing different stuff
+ I like to test my knowledge and I'm happy if I know things. :>

There definitely is more than this. Maybe later something more will come up in my mind.
20.11.2009 - 16:06
Hamird
Lieutenant
At the moment ice cream can make me happy..

By the way, what always makes me happy, is a great British sitcom.
And maybe a pet... I really want to own a pet (candidates: fishes, birds, chimpanzees and mice).. But I'm really lazy to take care of an animal.. But maybe I will, in a near future.
20.11.2009 - 16:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The sound of my cat's purr gives me a contented feeling. It also helps to send me to sleep!
20.11.2009 - 16:28
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Hamird on 20.11.2009 at 16:06

And maybe a pet... I really want to own a pet (candidates: fishes, birds, chimpanzees and mice).. But I'm really lazy to take care of an animal.. But maybe I will, in a near future.

Ice cream always makes me happy too.
As for pets, i have fish but you know it's terrible when you can't caress them.
...birds/mice, hate to see them in a cage...Chimpanzees are good cos they can even give you hugs.
You don't need to buy any pets, just collect any harmed animal you find in your way...
----
20.11.2009 - 16:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yeah cats has always made me happy. I've grown up with them around me. There's two of them in my family today but the oldest one is just mine. I'm the only living being she likes. I've had her since she was born and I was 10.
----
20.11.2009 - 16:36
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 20.11.2009 at 16:28

Written by Hamird on 20.11.2009 at 16:06

Ice cream always makes me happy too.
As for pets, i have fish but you know it's terrible when you can't caress them.
...birds/mice, hate to see them in a cage...Chimpanzees are good cos they can even give you hugs.
You don't need to buy any pets, just collect any harmed animal you find in your way...

One my friends has got a Fighter fish.. It's really nice, and if I want to buy a fish, I'd definitely buy one of those..
Birds like Love Birds are so beautiful but keeping them is very hard.. I have had two of them.. One of them died and I took the other one to the zoo, because as I've heard you must keep them in pairs (unlike Fighter fish who would fuck each other if you keep them in pairs )..
Never had any mice, but I guess it would eat some parts of the house.
I love chimpanzees, but as I know it's very expensive, about 800,000 tomans to 1,200,000 tomans which I'd prefer to collect my money to buy a better car for myself and pick up some chicks rather than a chimpanzee, you know ... Any way maybe you can give your chimpanzee a hug, but I'm not sure if you can go further with it..

Edit: I know what you say.. Twice I'd done it to two cats.. I found them in the street and I brought them to my place and kept them for a while.. But you see these days I just find dead animals in my way.. So the chance of finding some alive animals who can be kept in home are near to zero..
20.11.2009 - 16:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Warman on 20.11.2009 at 16:31

Yeah cats has always made me happy. I've grown up with them around me. There's two of them in my family today but the oldest one is just mine. I'm the only living being she likes. I've had her since she was born and I was 10.

I always wanted a cat since I was a little girl, but I was never allowed to have one. I finally got one when I was 19. He was only 8 weeks old when I got him. He does mean the world to me, and I would risk my life if I needed to, in order to protect him. Cats are awesome animals, I dunno what Id do without my cat.
20.11.2009 - 16:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.11.2009 at 16:40

I always wanted a cat since I was a little girl, but I was never allowed to have one. I finally got one when I was 19. He was only 8 weeks old when I got him. He does mean the world to me, and I would risk my life if I needed to, in order to protect him. Cats are awesome animals, I dunno what Id do without my cat.

They're the best. My smallest cat is pretty fun too, he sounds like a pigeon. And you can talk with him too, if you say something he answers back with a sound. So we discuss things sometimes, even though I don't understand him.
----
20.11.2009 - 16:55
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Warman on 20.11.2009 at 16:47
They're the best. My smallest cat is pretty fun too, he sounds like a pigeon. And you can talk with him too, if you say something he answers back with a sound. So we discuss things sometimes, even though I don't understand him.

Hehe...Im glad to know its not just me who talks to their cat.

He makes noises in his sleep sometimes too...whirring and chirping noises. Its very cute.
20.11.2009 - 16:56
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Hamird on 20.11.2009 at 16:36

... Any way maybe you can give a chimpanzee a hug, but I'm not sure you can go further with it..

The hug is enough i won't go further.
Seriousely it's so sad when people want wild animals as pets...A friend of mine had an eagle.
Yeah, I had Morgh-e-eshgh some years ago and they're really nice.
...Also a Parrot, keeping a parrot is really hard if, everyday, you're not home more than 10 hours and no one else will pay him/her enough attention, they'll be sick if bored...You can buy them in pairs so they'll entertain eachother when left alone but the problem of this solution is that they'll ignore you then! I don't want my parrot cheat on me for another parrot.
----
20.11.2009 - 19:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.11.2009 at 16:55

Hehe...Im glad to know its not just me who talks to their cat.

He makes noises in his sleep sometimes too...whirring and chirping noises. Its very cute.

You're not alone... Cats makes me happy as well. I only have one and that is Sofia... I got her when she was just the size of my hand. So she's very friendly with all the people...

It really makes me smile everytime I go to the station to take the bus and well.. My house is right next to the station so my cat use to follow me to the station and we both wait for the bus and when I get in she go home or just play around in the trees... It's always a nice way to start the day with a cat who says "Good bye and have a nice day"
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.11.2009 - 20:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by MetallicA on 20.11.2009 at 08:28

- Eating.
- Sex.

who doesn't like that?

(ginormous veiny ones, those are gross lol)

Depends on what veiny muscle you're talking about
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.11.2009 - 22:25
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
There's only one thing that can make me happy: masturbation.