Metal Storm logo
Bands you like, but are ashamed of it

25.08.2006 - 05:26
tuerda
So yeah, I'm sure this happens to a lot of people. There is some band that you shouldn't like. There is something wrong with it. You might even think that it's bad . . . But you love it! You nod along to the music and can't help but sing along if you know the lyrics. You love it, and you hate the fact that you love it. So yeah, does this happen to anyone else, and if so, with what bands?

For me, the most obvious one is Rhapsody. They are really really cheesy, and all of their songs sound more or less the same to me. I feel it is all charged with vacuous optimism, and the lyrics are terrible. But yes, I like them. Please don't tell anyone.

Also, I like Bal Sagoth. They are pretty much the cheesiest band on earth, and it is precisely the cheesiness that makes me love them so. The "dark" vocals are anything but creepy and all of the "symphonics" sound fake. It's so bad that it's good!

There are some Emperor songs that I like. I have moral issues with liking Emperor. The black metal act is sometimes interesting, and often funny as hell. I approve of it . . . but only so long as it is an act. Church burning is not cool. Neither is killing people.
25.08.2006 - 13:18
Damnated
Churchburner
There's a difference between the music and the actual ppl who make it. Not liking the music because the person is 'bad' is stupid. You wont listen to Ozzy Osbourne/ Black Sabbath only because he bit the head of a bat?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.08.2006 - 13:29
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by tuerda on 25.08.2006 at 05:26

There are some Emperor songs that I like. I have moral issues with liking Emperor. The black metal act is sometimes interesting, and often funny as hell. I approve of it . . . but only so long as it is an act. Church burning is not cool. Neither is killing people.

So you are ashamed that you know the band Emperor ??

Heared of burzum ??

BTW this is a metal forum , anyways carry on .. i am not ashamed of anyband. Its just a rock and roll , and we are all rock brothers.
25.08.2006 - 14:31
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha!! you have nothing to be ashamed about at all for liking Rhapsody (Of Fire - we seem to forget. haha) Bal-Sagoth and Emperor!!
they are all fantastic bands and i love all three of them!
i was expecting there to be people in here saying they liked Linkin Park and such bands. hahahaha that would be awful

im not ashamed of anything though. i suppose the most un-metal band i like though are the Swedish rock band The Hives
im not ashamed of liking them, but i cant imagine anyone else on here liking them. haha
25.08.2006 - 15:12
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Baz Anderson on 25.08.2006 at 14:31

haha!! you have nothing to be ashamed about at all for liking Rhapsody (Of Fire - we seem to forget. haha) Bal-Sagoth and Emperor!!
i was expecting there to be people in here saying they liked Linkin Park and such bands. hahahaha that would be awful

im not ashamed of anything though. i suppose the most un-metal band i like though are the Swedish rock band The Hives
im not ashamed of liking them, but i cant imagine anyone else on here liking them. haha

Ditto Ditto Ditto , same throught.

Just look at this guy , Emperor

I was expection some slipknot and back street gays band

Anyways time for some Emperor
25.08.2006 - 19:31
DIE_by_my_HAND
Written by Hembrom on 25.08.2006 at 15:12

What's your point? He's ashamed of liking Emperor. Speaking for him, that's obviously not the only Black metal band he's ashamed of listening to, it's just the only one he mentioned and probably listens to as well... So I don't know why you're getting so worked up about it ... It's not necesarily the band, but what they stand for...
----
And music: well it's just entertainment folks!!
-Devin Townsend
25.08.2006 - 19:51
^^dude, what's YOUR point?...why are YOU getting so worked up about it.....it's only music, man......so chill.......
----
||SPACE FOR RENT||
25.08.2006 - 21:27
lazarus
I used to like Aerosmith, but the latest albums were crap!!! still I kinda like some of the old work
----
And sometimes I despair
At who I've become
I have to come to terms
With what I've done
25.08.2006 - 21:33
Ernis
狼獾
I listen to Vanilla Ninja.....I cannot say I like them.....but I associate them with my book.....their music inspires me....lets say I need to listen to them in order to write about a similar fantasy-music-act....

Nevertheless my friends....most of them....are tossing in agony whenever Vanilla Ninja's music reaches their ears.....that is ALSO funny to witness.....
25.08.2006 - 22:26
Bitch Boy
Only The Corrs come to my mind, that only girls (except the guitarrist) Irish-pop band. Also, I like some Linkin Park songs

I can't remember more. I like other non-metal bands like Placebo, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, etc. but I'm not ashamed of it.
26.08.2006 - 02:11
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Few people knows I like Il Divo. Those guys have powerful voices!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
26.08.2006 - 04:27
danzig111
Account deleted
I'm seriously ashamed ov liking Metallica! They are the biggest Traitors in Metal history. Plus they're overrated as shit and they are reallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy notttttttttttt hat great at all! I fvcking hate those guys! But they made some decent albums....

I like one song by Aqua! and one Crazy Frog song (Stephanie <3 turned me onto that gayness ) SEND ME STRAIGHT TO HELL! :
26.08.2006 - 15:57
Iris
Account deleted
Actually,I'm not ashamed of anything... Not even for Hammerfall (!!!!:wall:) They have some songs that I like so I listen to them... No need to be ashamed of something!
26.08.2006 - 16:05
Anathemani@c
I listen to stuff like Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, GNR even Coldplay and Radiohead but I'm not ashamed of that. I also hear to some greek singers and to some bits. And I am ashamed of these things. Also, according to some metalheads, I should feel ashamed of having Anathema as my favourite band. And I assure you that I'm NOT ashamed of hearing to Anathema even though they have nothing in common with metal music anymore....
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
26.08.2006 - 16:20
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by DIE_by_my_HAND on 25.08.2006 at 19:31

What's your point? He's ashamed of liking Emperor. Speaking for him, that's obviously not the only Black metal band he's ashamed of listening to, it's just the only one he mentioned and probably listens to as well... So I don't know why you're getting so worked up about it ... It's not necesarily the band, but what they stand for...

Yeah i know , but whats your point anyways.

Lame thread
26.08.2006 - 16:33
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
When I like a band, I am not ashamed of them. Period.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.08.2006 - 18:37
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
all black metal.

i have to go to confessional every morning and say 10 hail marys.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
26.08.2006 - 19:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
There is no band I am ashamed of, but I like Children of Bodom's cover of "Oops I Did It Again" and that am I ashamed of!
----
26.08.2006 - 20:00
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 26.08.2006 at 18:37

all black metal.

damn are you serious lol?
26.08.2006 - 21:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by [user id=14951] on 26.08.2006 at 20:00

Written by -tom- on 26.08.2006 at 18:37

all black metal.

damn are you serious lol?

tommy tee is NEVER serious..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.08.2006 - 22:16
Metalguaska
Well, i like some Moby song (Porcelain), and i'm not ashamed but indeed mad about it, i just can't get that song out of me, and i know i shouldn't say it, but i like a song by Moderatto called Quemandome de Amor(Burning of Love), hahaha, i know i should go to hell for that, and i may receive one or two mexican members PM, telling me to burn in averno, but i can't do anything to help it, i just think that the stupidly awesome load of cheesyness in that song is good...
----
Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea
26.08.2006 - 22:29
Aukunash
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 26.08.2006 at 19:40

There is no band I am ashamed of, but I like Children of Bodom's cover of "Oops I Did It Again" and that am I ashamed of!

Heh, I like that song too.

I'm not really ashamed of it, but I've gotten a lot back into punk; Rancid, The Casualties, NOFX, Dead Kennedy's.

That kinda stuff
26.08.2006 - 23:02
danzig111
Account deleted
More Guilty pleasures:

i also like "The Quiet Place" - In Flames and i like "If I Could Fly" - Helloween.

26.08.2006 - 23:13
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher

I like the Hives.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.08.2006 - 23:19
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Please forgive me for mentioning them but I sometimes listen to ..........The Rasmus.

I'm very sorry , but I can't help myself

My son likes The Hives , but he's not on this forum .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
26.08.2006 - 23:21
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Most bands I like I am not ashamed of, even all of my friends hate it and thinks it's to trendy, but there are a few exceptions to the rule, and generally with those I feel ashamed before anyone heas me listening to it.
Like Sum 41, yeah, even for punk they suck, and I'm ashamed of liking system of a down as well.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.08.2006 - 23:29
Windshear
Account deleted
Uhh... Probably H.I.M. though they are kinda metal...
When it comes to crap I'd really not like to admit.........dave matthews band and savage garden...:wall:

Hey, they got me into music altogether. I wouldn't be listining to stuff like Xasthur and Nile now.
26.08.2006 - 23:39
DIE_by_my_HAND
Written by Hembrom on 26.08.2006 at 16:20

Written by DIE_by_my_HAND on 25.08.2006 at 19:31

Yeah i know , but whats your point anyways.

Lame thread

My point is that you are getting worked up for a stupid reason,,, there are metal bands that you are probably ashamed of liking too. Am I right?
----
And music: well it's just entertainment folks!!
-Devin Townsend
26.08.2006 - 23:52
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i am not ashamed of my music taste, i like the old (pre-fallen, so no, i dont like bring me to life) Evanescence stuff, and i love Rob Zombie and Clawfinger, both have alot of techno influence and Clawfinger even has alot of rap in it, but still i like them

those bands aren't really bands most metalheads would like, but i'm not ashamed of them, quite the opposite, i am proud of my music taste, proud of the fact that i have some numetal cds next to my doom, prog, death, thrash, folk, power etc. cds, i am openminded where music is concerned and i am not afraid to admit that
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
27.08.2006 - 00:58
danzig111
Account deleted
Would you guys consider Rammstein a guilty pleasure? cuz i like them.