Metal Storm logo
Spanish Metalstormers

18.05.2006 - 00:22
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Welcome to the MS v3 Spanish Metalstormers thread. If you are Spanish yourself or are just interested in our culture, language, politics or other subjects, feel free to post here (future tourists are welcome as well!). If you visited Spain in the past, please tell us something about your experience here.

Please follow the rules and keep this topic as interesting as you can.
18.05.2006 - 02:20
Aresius
Account deleted
Well, as you can see Im not from Spain, my country is really small, so you're not going to see a thread on Costa Rican Metalstormers, lol...Anyway...Im glad to see those who speak our language here on MS...

18.05.2006 - 02:58
Barcelona UEFA Champion !!!! Congratulation to those Barca Fans!!!!!
It´s was awesome to have a Mexican like Rafa Marquez in that excellent team
----
- ? ?¤øØ )' ¦-¦Ö§±¦£ë '( Øø¤? ?
........StEpS_Of_SiLeNcE........
18.05.2006 - 12:26
Coté
well I'm not from spain but I speak the language...
I borned in Chile and lived 16 years there, now I'm in Sweden...
So...about what are we talkming here?
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
21.05.2006 - 15:32
Talvi
Well... we could talk about... who from here will go to the Metalway Festival? I hope I can go, as there are too many bands I want to see... mainly Helloween.
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
25.05.2006 - 20:43
Dam3k
Hi there another spanish's mate here taktsekte know my non-succesful threads =) so I think we'd know who I am!!
----

06.06.2006 - 02:31
Talvi
Hey, I thought there were more spaniards around here...
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
10.06.2006 - 07:56
soundchaser
Account deleted
Saludos!
Here's another who'd like to go to the Metalway festival since there are bands in there that i haven't seen yet... like blind guardian, moonspell and my dying bride.

But there's a thing i don't like about festivals... most of the groups don't play as well as they do on their own tours.
16.06.2006 - 01:01
Dam3k
Hey dudes sup here?? There's no activitie!!!! this looks like an asylum!!! XDD
----

21.06.2006 - 01:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I just reading Dark Moor lyrics and in "grean Eyes"
Are written this "Based on the story of Gustavo Adolfo Becquer"

Who are/was Gustavo Adolfo Becquer?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.06.2006 - 14:38
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Bad English on 21.06.2006 at 01:00

I just reading Dark Moor lyrics and in "grean Eyes"
Are written this "Based on the story of Gustavo Adolfo Becquer"

Who are/was Gustavo Adolfo Becquer?

He was the most important Spanish poet of the Romantic era (19th century). His most famous work is "Rimas y Leyendas" ("Rhymes and Legends"). Check his Wikipedia biography and his "Rimas y Leyendas" at Project Gutenberg.

By the way, I agree with Dam3k, this looks like a friggin' desert. Care to discuss anything? The Spanish representation at the World Cup, next concerts in the Iberian Peninsula, anything? (I heard that there will be a Rock in Rio event in Madrid in the next years)
21.06.2006 - 14:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I will try reda about this poet, but romantism in that time was better nihilosm, its closer to me

So lets discuss, if spanish people can choose king or president waht thay do?
----

02.07.2006 - 21:16
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Bad English on 21.06.2006 at 14:54

Haha, you've just hit the eternal discussion between Republic and Monarchy! Personally, I am a politlcally extremely left-wing person and I would prefer a Republic where there is no privilege for a certain family, where every Spaniard is equal to the rest - including the Borbón family. On the other hand, detractors of the Republic here state that: firstly, the Second Republic was a failure; second, the democratic King, as a person and as a symbol, has brought a political stability to the Spanish people that we had never enjoyed in history (for instance, he was the one who stopped the coup d'état by the still Fascist side of the army on 23 Feb 1981).

The truth is that the Second Republic (1931 - 1936) brought a lot of cultural splendour to Spain (perhaps some of the following names ring a bell: Miguel Hernández, Pablo Ruiz Picasso, Rafael Alberti, Salvador Dalí, Federico García Lorca, Luis Buñuel, Vicente Aleixandre) and made it a developped, modern nation where all children had a public education and everybody had the same rights - until the extreme Conservatives, the Fascists and the Church decided to bring it to an end. The King was elected as Head of State by Franco himself at the end of his dictatorship (the bastard died in bed instead of being put down by the people) and there has not yet been a referendum in order to choose a different form of State. Hell, why do we still have any reminiscences of Fascism in Spain? We still hold the biggest monument to a Fascist regime in Europe (Cruz de los Caídos, North of Madrid), we have a Head of State who was elected by the Fascist dictator, lots of buildings still honour their foundation by Franco... Even if "it is our history", as some people say, it is not right to honour a dictatorship that screwed all the progress made during the Republic in scientific and cultural terms - I guess the best way to get finally ride of Fascism is to write a note beside each of these buildings that states: "This building was founded by dictator and genocide Francisco Franco (1892 - 1975) and built by Spanish Republican war prisoners under infrahumane conditions". That's the truth and many people still do not want to recognize it.
02.07.2006 - 21:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Taktsekte on 02.07.2006 at 21:16

Written by Bad English on 21.06.2006 at 14:54

Haha, you've just hit the eternal discussion between Republic and Monarchy! Personally, I am a politlcally extremely left-wing person and I would prefer a Republic where there is no privilege for a certain family, where every Spaniard is equal to the rest - including the Borbón family. On the other hand, detractors of the Republic here state that: firstly, the Second Republic was a failure; second, the democratic King, as a person and as a symbol, has brought a political stability to the Spanish people that we had never enjoyed in history (for instance, he was the one who stopped the coup d'état by the still Fascist side of the army on 23 Feb 1981).

The truth is that the Second Republic (1931 - 1936) brought a lot of cultural splendour to Spain (perhaps some of the following names ring a bell: Miguel Hernández, Pablo Ruiz Picasso, Rafael Alberti, Salvador Dalí, Federico García Lorca, Luis Buñuel, Vicente Aleixandre) and made it a developped, modern nation where all children had a public education and everybody had the same rights - until the extreme Conservatives, the Fascists and the Church decided to bring it to an end. The King was elected as Head of State by Franco himself at the end of his dictatorship (the bastard died in bed instead of being put down by the people) and there has not yet been a referendum in order to choose a different form of State. Hell, why do we still have any reminiscences of Fascism in Spain? We still hold the biggest monument to a Fascist regime in Europe (Cruz de los Caídos, North of Madrid), we have a Head of State who was elected by the Fascist dictator, lots of buildings still honour their foundation by Franco... Even if "it is our history", as some people say, it is not right to honour a dictatorship that screwed all the progress made during the Republic in scientific and cultural terms - I guess the best way to get finally ride of Fascism is to write a note beside each of these buildings that states: "This building was founded by dictator and genocide Francisco Franco (1892 - 1975) and built by Spanish Republican war prisoners under infrahumane conditions". That's the truth and many people still do not want to recognize it.

Im right winget people and well Franco was my lil idol, but I mean etleest one country in Europa was oposit USSR also Agusto Pinuchet so I think you know why Im right winget, but not so extrieme, I like football riots only, and ehh

I dunno what I chhose if I live in Spain, but well lets keep somethong from medieval alive, king is death long live king and BTW he likes Barca in football.
----

05.07.2006 - 00:51
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Bad English on 02.07.2006 at 21:21

Im right winget people and well Franco was my lil idol, but I mean etleest one country in Europa was oposit USSR (...) king is death long live king and BTW he likes Barca in football.

Well, your "lil idol" murdered half of my dad's family after the war, which means he was a mass murderer and a genocide and not just a general at war. Furthermore, there were other European countries with Fascist governments and where Communism and democracy were banned. Ever heard of Salazar's Portugal? Incidentally, Franco was a Real Madrid fan, did you know?

I don't know which football team is supported by the King, I guess he likes all of them as he was determined to become "King of all Spaniards" before he was enthroned . I can tell, though, that the Prince, future Philip VI, is a hardcore Atlético de Madrid fan.
15.07.2006 - 13:42
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
So guys and gals,

Who will be at Gernika Metal Way ?

We will be there !!!
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
20.07.2006 - 00:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
happy birthday to Dam3k cheers my friend, best wishes in b-day my friend and cheers I wish I can open soem spanish wine for you my friend
----

21.08.2006 - 13:22
Hybris
Am I the only girl here who is from Spain? O.o
I have found this thread in the second page... so come on, what can we talk about to revive it?
----
Opening a new scar, closing the wounds with a knife
02.09.2006 - 14:34
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Hybris on 21.08.2006 at 13:22

I have found this thread in the second page... so come on, what can we talk about to revive it?

Welcome to Metalstorm, Hybris! I guess you are probably the only Spanish girl who is active now. You may check the "Community > Members" section and then browse by nationality and gender to meet other female Spanish Metalstormers.

Hmm, what could we talk about now? Basketball? xDD Seriously, I've been watching each and every match in this WC and I'm so happy about the semi-finals (I didn't want the USA to defeat Greece either). Nevertheless, I think Hellas has a better team than Spain, and they are probably more concentrated. Plus - we won't have Gasol tomorrow (not that I agree with the press when they say "the Spanish team is Gasol and his friends" - in fact, I like Navarro and Calderón more than Gasol when they play properly). Who will win? Make your bet!
02.09.2006 - 15:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Taktsekte on 02.09.2006 at 14:34

Written by Hybris on 21.08.2006 at 13:22

Welcome to Metalstorm, Hybris! I guess you are probably the only Spanish girl who is active now. You may check the "Community > Members" section and then browse by nationality and gender to meet other female Spanish Metalstormers.

Hmm, what could we talk about now? Basketball? xDD Seriously, I've been watching each and every match in this WC and I'm so happy about the semi-finals (I didn't want the USA to defeat Greece either). Nevertheless, I think Hellas has a better team than Spain, and they are probably more concentrated. Plus - we won't have Gasol tomorrow (not that I agree with the press when they say "the Spanish team is Gasol and his friends" - in fact, I like Navarro and Calderón more than Gasol when they play properly). Who will win? Make your bet!

I remeber one girl from old forum, who has picks in white ress and keebords, i dont remebe rnivk, but she hasnt been active in posting

Jajajaja Basketball Hellas better, we win you in Football remeber, before EC in Portugal and 1-1 in Groop and you know Hellas kick ass, now in basketball hmm, I hawnt seen non games, Im in vocation, damn I wont never go in vocation again, I miss all fun

BTW you bshood hate pao too, thay are freinds whit real and gay13 home page says maybe osfp will win us in Basketball but not in football, but OSDFP 2-1 Real so Gate13 are freinds whit Orgulo Viking

But when are game I be home in 2240CET maybe I will see end.
----

02.09.2006 - 16:40
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Bad English on 02.09.2006 at 15:51

I remeber one girl from old forum, who has picks in white ress and keebords, i dont remebe rnivk, but she hasnt been active in posting

That was Elizabetta_, from the Canary Islands
Feel free to check her band and comment
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
02.09.2006 - 17:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 02.09.2006 at 16:40

Written by Bad English on 02.09.2006 at 15:51

That was Elizabetta_, from the Canary Islands
Feel free to check her band and comment

Tnank's

Canary I just think she are from Tears Of Myrtyr, but her band are simmilar, specely male vocals, i dounloud two songs , and band are in MA and I like it, its dark, fats, heavy and probobly poetic songs, and her voice are great and and band remainds me lil faster verso of Dis Pater, and
secend song, begining are to slwo and to fast to be doom, but after 40 secends song go on and realy great and mix between 2 male vocals are great and this sounds, great atmosfere in songs

Im glad Im lazy I dint burn mp3 CD I edd those songs in burn list and listen in home

Great band
----

15.09.2006 - 19:18
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I have a question for all of you: Who is coming to see Iron Maiden live next Nov 30th in Barcelona?

I have been looking for some cheap flights and trains to BCN and obviously for the tickets (Servicaixa), but I do not know any cheap hotels or youth hostels in Barcelona where my friends and I can have a rest. Could anybody help?
21.09.2006 - 00:20
Dam3k
Written by Taktsekte on 15.09.2006 at 19:18

I have a question for all of you: Who is coming to see Iron Maiden live next Nov 30th in Barcelona?

I have been looking for some cheap flights and trains to BCN and obviously for the tickets (Servicaixa), but I do not know any cheap hotels or youth hostels in Barcelona where my friends and I can have a rest. Could anybody help?

After they last release I'm not looking forward to do it^^ =)
----

03.03.2007 - 10:53
Vrana
Hello Spanish metalstormers!
I visited a couple of years ago your country and I must say that it is one of most beautiful I've ever seen
Now, I'm coming there again; we are comming to Malaga from 27.4 to 3.5 as a school trip and we are going to look a little bit around... Ronda, Gibraltar, Granada...
So, is anyone from those places? What about bars and other stuff, what can we expect?
I'm sure that we'll have a great time, Spain always offers you good things, but I would like to read your advice for us, thoughts... anything
03.03.2007 - 16:22
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Written by Vrana on 03.03.2007 at 10:53

Hoello Spanish metalstormers!
I visited a couple of years ago your country and I must say that it is one of most beautiful I've ever seen
Now, I'm coming there again; we are comming to Malaga from 27.4 to 3.5 as a school trip and we are going to look a little bit around... Ronda, Gibraltar, Granada...
So, is anyone from those places? What about bars and other stuff, what can we expect?
I'm sure that we'll have a great time, Spain always offers you good things, but I would like to read your advice for us, thoughts... anything

Hey, well I'd like to help you, but I don't live really near Málaga, anyway I'm sure you'll be amazed by the beautiful places you'll see and you'll have a lot of fun, Spain means party (especially during the night ^^)..so yeah, I hope you'll have a good time!
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
08.03.2007 - 00:31
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I'm not from the South either, but I do know Granada. In my opinion, it is the most beautiful Spanish town after Zaragoza. It is a perfect mix between nature (the Sierra Nevada mountains North, the coast South) and old Medieval Muslim and Jewish buildings. Of course, you cannot miss the Alhambra, a huge Muslim fortress which remained almost intact until today.

... and Aylee_Bodom is right, Spain always means lots of party and an intense nightlife. If you have already been here, as you have stated, you will probably know what I am talking about.

Asking for advice? You are coming to the South in the middle of Spring, so you are likely to have nice weather. Don't forget the sunglasses
11.03.2007 - 00:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wanna know something about coruption in Spain? I had feeling its more corupted country how Italy in some way
----

11.03.2007 - 01:35
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I think I already posted something about corruption in Spain in the Corruption thread...
11.03.2007 - 10:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Taktsekte on 11.03.2007 at 01:35

I think I already posted something about corruption in Spain in the Corruption thread...

Cmon tel the true nobody dont alowed Barca win because thay are catalans, or just all wanna help Real in all because somehowe feel respect and are afraid of them?
Atletoco, Valencia, Barca has fall in non fair action of referee how much Real pay him and wel sometimes realy I think Catalonoa shood be free or jsut take referee from some other counntry wheh play Real hmm Turkey be good
----