Metal Storm logo
Another US metal thread...

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 17.05.2006 - 16:01
I've started this thread as the old thread got deleted with the new site.

This is a thread about bands like: Manilla Road, Agent Steel, Jag Panzer, Cirith Ungol, Circle II Circle, Whilplash, Forbidden, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Catch 22, Imagika, Hammers of Misfortune, Liege Lord, Apollo Ra, Pharoh, Q5, Crimson Glory, etc.

I've got the Beyond Fear album and I can say it's one hell of an album, if you into old school heavy metal, but with an up to date sound you've got to deffenetly get it.

What do you thing of Midnight's return to Crimson Glory? Any expectations?

Any news from the Agent Steel camp?
30.01.2008 - 21:32
Hellish Star
A nice band to check;

RAZOR FIST

These guys are inspired by the eighties metal movement and deliver great speed/thrash metal. Crunchy riffs, a lot of breaks and a good vocalist (with often high screams).... I think fans of Destructor, Intruder, Nuclear Assault etc. will like this one...

Check them at
www.myspace.com/razorfistmetal

For only 5 euro's or 7 dollars you can buy the cd which has a nice booklet and contains 10 songs...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
30.01.2008 - 23:18
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Hellish Star on 30.01.2008 at 21:32

A nice band to check;

RAZOR FIST

These guys are inspired by the eighties metal movement and deliver great speed/thrash metal. Crunchy riffs, a lot of breaks and a good vocalist (with often high screams).... I think fans of Destructor, Intruder, Nuclear Assault etc. will like this one...

Check them at
www.myspace.com/razorfistmetal

For only 5 euro's or 7 dollars you can buy the cd which has a nice booklet and contains 10 songs...

Thanks for the awesome recommendation! Sounds indeed pretty good.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
07.02.2008 - 14:45
Hellish Star
I don't know if you guys know this band, CAULDRON BORN.

If you're into technical US Power Metal this is something for you.

The original version had a bad production but outstanding songs. The re-mastered version sounds very good and the CD contains a WARLORD cover

This CD is available at Stormspell records (limited to 1000 copies)

Check Cauldron Bron at
http://www.myspace.com/bornofthecauldron
----

08.02.2008 - 00:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
i just chack band out good but i cant find mp3 anywhere one good forggoten band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.02.2008 - 21:01
Hellish Star
THE SACRIFICED

http://www.myspace.com/thesacrificedx

---------------------------------------------
STEEL KINGDOM

http://www.myspace.com/steelkingdom
----

14.02.2008 - 09:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I didnt like THE SACRIFICED so much but STEEL KINGDOM my space site dont loads for me
----

22.03.2008 - 17:34
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Listened to Exiled - Blood Sea again today, and I realized once more what a great album it is. So here's the recommendation:

EXILED

US Power / Speed

2007 album "Blood Sea" is a killer album for such an underappreciated and "unknown" band.

http://www.myspace.com/exiledkills

--------------------

Other 2007 recommendations you absolutely (!) need to check out: SACRED OATH (Darkness Visible) [Link] and STEEL ASSASSIN (War Of The Eight Saints) [Link]

Two of my favourite albums of 2007!
----
22.03.2008 - 19:28
Hellish Star
@Thryce: try the new ASKA, CAULDRON BORN and HELD UNDER too...

Only two weeks and I will be at the Keep it true festival with Helstar, Manilla Road, Titan Force, Jag Panzer, Cage, Crescent Shield, Omen, Attacker, Heathen, Pharaoh, Sentinel Beast, Fueled By Fire,.... I'm looking forward to it!
----

22.03.2008 - 20:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Hellish Star on 22.03.2008 at 19:28

Only two weeks and I will be at the Keep it true festival with Helstar, Manilla Road, Titan Force, Jag Panzer, Cage, Crescent Shield, Omen, Attacker, Heathen, Pharaoh, Sentinel Beast, Fueled By Fire,.... I'm looking forward to it!

You lucky man. I tried to get free off work for that festival but unfortunately couldn't. Have fun there, which I am sure you will, and don't buy too many cd's at the fair there Damn that cd fair will be so hard to resist if I ever ake it over to KIT
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.03.2008 - 14:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Hellish Star on 22.03.2008 at 19:28

One hell of a line up (like always on KIT)!!

And thanks for the recommendations man
----
23.03.2008 - 14:33
Hellish Star
Check for the Headbangers Open Air bill and the Swordbrothers festival.... Both are full of US Metal!
http://www.headbangers-open-air.de
http://www.swordbrothers.de/

Also the KIT edition of novembre is worht a visit...
----

23.03.2008 - 15:09
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
My feedback after MySpace'ing

Really liked ASKA. Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for! And exactly the kiddn of recommendation I wanted from you Will be looking for more material from them.
CAULDRON BORN was a pretty good listen too. Reminded me of early Agent Steel and maybe some Helstar too. BTW is the bassist the same one as in Outworld?
Didn't really care for HELD UNDER, but wasn't really in the mood for it. Maybe some other time.
----
24.03.2008 - 10:38
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Ah, just brushing up on my American Heavy Metal. I'm loving Jag Panzer and Omen right now. I'll definitely have to look for some of their stuff sometime. Along with others like Helstar, Cirith Ungol, and Manilla Road. The latter of which I will be seeing (among others) if I go to the Kansas City Power Metal Fest this summer. Just a fifteen minute drive, I don't see why I couldn't go.
----
The force will be with you, always.
24.03.2008 - 12:02
Hellish Star
Written by Clintagräm on 24.03.2008 at 10:38

Ah, just brushing up on my American Heavy Metal. I'm loving Jag Panzer and Omen right now. I'll definitely have to look for some of their stuff sometime. Along with others like Helstar, Cirith Ungol, and Manilla Road. The latter of which I will be seeing (among others) if I go to the Kansas City Power Metal Fest this summer. Just a fifteen minute drive, I don't see why I couldn't go.

Do you mean the festival in Kansas? That's one hell of a bill... I wish I could be there.

Keep us posted about new good US metal bands....
----

24.03.2008 - 12:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
You guys really need to check out HMP (<--listen to The Horseman). They're an awesome new thrash metal band who are now touring with Joey Belladonna of Anthrax. In a MySpace bulletin, they even said they were jamming with him. If HMP gets Joey as a vocalist, they will fucking dominate.

Edit - damn, it seems that they have put different songs on their MySpace page, which don't seem to be as good as the other ones from their debut. The recording on some songs are a bit rough, but still enjoyable. They're so good live...
02.04.2008 - 07:25
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Hellish Star on 24.03.2008 at 12:02

Written by Clintagräm on 24.03.2008 at 10:38

Do you mean the festival in Kansas? That's one hell of a bill... I wish I could be there.

Keep us posted about new good US metal bands....

Yeah, I believe it's here in Missouri. It says so on their myspace and here, so MO it is. I'm really looking forward to Manilla Road and Cage. I also know that Phantom-X has ex-members of Omen and there's also quite a few good contemporary bands that I've only just heard samples from. I'll have to check them out more in depth. It's been split into a two day fest, so I'm hoping they'll get a few more acts on the bill. Should be good. Hopefully they will fix that 21+ damnit! I e-mailed them.

On another note, I just discovered Stygian Shore. Another old school US Metal band from Wichita, Kansas just like Manilla Road, and get this: Mark Shelton produced their debut 1984 EP, and it's fucking killer! There are (lo-fi) samples at vibrations of doom for anyone interested.
----
02.04.2008 - 10:51
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
haven't been here in a while but welcome to the club C.J.W. Wyatt.
02.04.2008 - 11:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=2267] on 02.04.2008 at 10:51

I woild say Welcome beck man
----

02.04.2008 - 19:18
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by [user id=2267] on 02.04.2008 at 10:51

Yeah mean, of course. Welcome back to you!
----
03.04.2008 - 14:54
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Even though this is not an us metal band Pardox released a new CD, if u want to wach the video follow he link:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1078960825/bclid1133450049/bctid1351330379
05.04.2008 - 09:43
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Anyone ever heard the band Destiny's End? Getting my first taste of them. James Rivera, the singer from Helstar fronts the band along with some other impressive members too. Not too bad.
----
06.04.2008 - 17:58
Hellish Star
KIT Festival was fantastic!!!! I really enjoyed the gigs of
HELSTAR
JAG PANZER
OMEN
ATTACKER
HEATHEN
DOOMSWORD
TITAN FORCE
CRESCENT SHIELD
CAGE
MANILLA ROAD

Next KIT (november) is with
NASTY SAVAGE
FLOTSAM & JETSAM
FAITH FACTOR (with Ski from Deadly Blessing)
FORTE (ex Oliver Magnum)
(and besides US metal: EVIL, TOKYO BLADE, ARTILLERY

and for april next year
Headliners still to be announced
Bands confirmed:
ABATTOIR
TYRANT
ASKA
----

09.04.2008 - 22:13
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
My life is over. I e-mailed the KCPMF staff and it looks like the fest at the Riot Room will be 21+ only. What a great way to spread Metal.
----
09.04.2008 - 22:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Clintagräm on 09.04.2008 at 22:13

My life is over. I e-mailed the KCPMF staff and it looks like the fest at the Riot Room will be 21+ only. What a great way to spread Metal.

Why would a cklub have a 21+ show?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.04.2008 - 22:40
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.04.2008 at 22:35

I have no idea. All the over venues I've been to have had bars so that can't be it. I'm not sure. It seems very odd considering it's a FEST and the idea is to celebrate and spread Metal. I was really disappointed.
----
09.04.2008 - 22:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Clintagräm on 09.04.2008 at 22:40

I have no idea. All the over venues I've been to have had bars so that can't be it. I'm not sure. It seems very odd considering it's a FEST and the idea is to celebrate and spread Metal. I was really disappointed.

Can't you sneak in? Or will they be checking IDs?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.04.2008 - 23:03
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.04.2008 at 22:44

Written by Clintagräm on 09.04.2008 at 22:40

Can't you sneak in? Or will they be checking IDs?

Ha, well they've checked IDs where I go, usually so they can put an X on your hand so you can't buy alcohol. I don't see what they big deal is. I'd sure like to go, I know that.
----
09.04.2008 - 23:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Aha the infamous X on the hand, thus making you a straight edger :-)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.04.2008 - 23:53
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.04.2008 at 23:23

Aha the infamous X on the hand, thus making you a straight edger :-)

I don't even drink, but I don't think that would persuade them to let me in. Gee, what a good way to spread Metal...
----
14.04.2008 - 02:59
Thrashster
Account deleted
Have any of you guys heard of the band Eternal legacy out of sleveland ohio? they really have a sound of their own and combine a bunch of different genres of metal