Metal Storm logo
Euro 2012

Original post

Posted by Angelic Storm, 09.06.2012 - 16:35
I seen that there is a football thread, but felt that a big tournament like Euro 2012 deserved it's own thread. So here it is!

I was really impressed by the Russians. The Czech Republic are no slouches, but Russia just seemed to have too much for them to cope with. They should definitely top their group. The Poland v Greece match was very exciting, even though controversy played a large part in that. I dunno what the referee was thinking, as both of the yellow cards which led to Papastathopoulos' sending off weren't even fouls, let alone yellow cards! The Greeks showed such spirit in the 2nd half to come back with 10 men, and I felt they deserved to win it, shame they only got a draw...

Can't wait for the 2 games today, they should both be great!
19.06.2012 - 11:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.06.2012 at 11:56

I think Greece absolutely have a chance against Germany. The Danes put Germany through the grinder before they finally made it through, and after the Greek's houdini act of getting out from Group A after that horrendous sending off decision, and losing to the Czech's in the 2nd game, I certainly wouldn't be counting them out! 2004 proved that anything is possible, and every team in the last 8 has a chance of winning the tournament. Germany are absolutley the favourites though, no doubt about it!

If it will hepen Marcel ban us all and lock this tread and no talks about football in MS till Feyenoord win some title or Ned win gold in Brazil
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.06.2012 - 12:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2012 at 11:59
If it will hepen Marcel ban us all and lock this tread and no talks about football in MS till Feyenoord win some title or Ned win gold in Brazil

Why would he do that if Greece beat Germany? Gold medal in Brazil? What are you talking about?
19.06.2012 - 12:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.06.2012 at 12:02

Written by Bad English on 19.06.2012 at 11:59

Why would he do that if Greece beat Germany? Gold medal in Brazil? What are you talking about?

He is possesed whit Rus ands is anti Greek and italian football, and no gopod in Bra will be Uruguay 2-1 Brazil
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2012 - 12:30
kesh
Account deleted
Really wish i wasnt such a bitch an looked at results before seeing the highlights.
Croatia, played in the same red and white square kit as Croatia (county champions a few times - San Marino county destroyed afterwards) so im upset really, that "mini league" shit cant of help em going into the game. Like the Czechs, great tourney team, underachieved even an had Spain on the ropes. Navas, is he just a random thing they throw on to confuse folk.

Alba, been great for Valencia, would love to see him in the PL (miss the old Cole and Bales, who a LB too good to leave in defense is of too... Real)
19.06.2012 - 23:25
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Sweden go out with a bang
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
19.06.2012 - 23:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Spirit Molecule on 19.06.2012 at 23:25

Sweden go out with a bang

Last I heard they were beating France 2-0... which is quite unbelievable! lol They'll definitely now rue bottling it against Ukraine in the opening game... it's a shame they didn't make it through.

England 1 Ukraine 0 at full time...

A very scrappy game, and not pretty to watch at all. England were strong in defense, especially Scott Parker who was immense!Although we were very lucky, as Ukraine had the ball crossing the line, but the goal wasn't given. I think we narrowly deserved the win, but it was a torrid time, so definitely glad and relieved that we've gone through! xD
19.06.2012 - 23:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
England 1-0 Ukraine
Wayne Rooney 48

Well Eng won, but funiest thing is Wayne Rooney scored and now choose start line up will be more harder

Sweden 2-0 France
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 54
Sebastain larssion 90+1

Im not exidted about this game, its hard to wtach when you know win or loose dont means much, but France, does they was visiting fortune teller who said Eng will iwn I did not saw any fire in France, no hopes to win, player faces was , I hope we lost and go on vocation. Sweden etelast trtyd, even players was not happy, I dont judge, but Swe could win, thay need get darw whit Eng, damn damn damn,

England 7
France 4

Ukraine 3
Sweden 3
----

apos;'
[image]
20.06.2012 - 00:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quarters

Spain vs France 0-2

Remeber Germany 2006 WC, France pref 2 competitions sucked, and than start week, I say better Spain because thay van win Brazil, but what did France in quarters won Spain and go to final where lost to Italy , French team wa sjudged critised, ok now non say team is fav, but still I say this time(even how much UEFA want
Spain vs Germany in final) I say France will win , no luck for Spain this time

England 0-1 Italy 8Italy will win PP)
Engaldn will play onw game, Italy will defend, criate fiew chances and win Eng in penalties because Buffon wiull save 2 shoots and Wayney boy will miss , same Terry
----

apos;'
[image]
20.06.2012 - 00:12
ANGEL REAPER
I've watched England-Ukraine and all i can say is that Ukraine lost because 3 things:
1. Terrible goalkeeper's reaction
2.Sloppy passing shoots
3.Couch's tactical errors ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.06.2012 - 00:39
Baz Anderson
Staff
Well, England top the group! Didn't see that coming! Italy in the quarter finals... it'll be tough!
20.06.2012 - 00:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BTW Ukr did same goal liem Eng iun last WC whgen ref says no
----

apos;'
[image]
20.06.2012 - 01:50
Baz Anderson
Staff
That Ukraine goal was offside anyway though, so it made no difference. Even if the score did end 1-1, England would have still topped the group.

Also, a nice little note is that there has been no goalless games in Euro 2012, and now we're in the knockouts there can't be any... so every game in this tournament will have had at least one goal in it.
20.06.2012 - 01:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 20.06.2012 at 01:50

That Ukraine goal was offside anyway though, so it made no difference. Even if the score did end 1-1, England would have still topped the group.

Also, a nice little note is that there has been no goalless games in Euro 2012, and now we're in the knockouts there can't be any... so every game in this tournament will have had at least one goal in it.

any video
----

apos;'
[image]
20.06.2012 - 01:52
Baz Anderson
Staff
I don't know, search for it. We saw the replay a million times on the coverage over here, and he was clearly offside. You'll see if you find it...
20.06.2012 - 02:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 20.06.2012 at 01:52

I don't know, search for it. We saw the replay a million times on the coverage over here, and he was clearly offside. You'll see if you find it...

I cant mafia uefa controls youtube ;(
----

apos;'
[image]
20.06.2012 - 02:22
snake? snaaaake!
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 20.06.2012 at 01:50

Personally I find penalty shoot-outs to be the biggest anti climax in football.
20.06.2012 - 03:08
Baz Anderson
Staff
Well, maybe none of the matches will come to that...
20.06.2012 - 18:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Just saw the Ukrainian goal and nowhere was that one off-side. The moment the ball was passed there was a defender between the guy the ball was passed to and the goalie.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2012 - 19:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2012 at 12:04

He is possesed whit Rus ands is anti Greek and italian football, and no gopod in Bra will be Uruguay 2-1 Brazil

Since when am I obsessed with Russia? Just because I say they palyd the best ootball up to the moment they were eliminated?

You are the one that''s obssessed by them. No matter how good they play you will hate their football. Just get over the Russia occupation of Latvia all those years ago. Because it is clear you are blinded by hatred towards Russia.

Yes I am anti Greek football since they have never played a game I as spectator could enjoy and for italy that depens on the way they play. Currently it is okayish.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2012 - 19:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.06.2012 at 18:55

Just saw the Ukrainian goal and nowhere was that one off-side. The moment the ball was passed there was a defender between the guy the ball was passed to and the goalie.

Can you find a link, I wanna see our TV broadcast Swe vs Fra and I aw popor qual at youtube but it was delited

Rus dont play BEST football in EC, but thay style is what spectators will enjoy and why I dont like is 1945-1991 same like Pols , Czcehs, Slovaks, east Germans, Angel Merkler give me a swe citizneship or better Ger and I wont even care , but Greece play boring but not all teams can play attackinga nd it pays , Italy ... Italy sv France in 2000 IMO it was best Italian attacking game I ever have seen France was fiew chances win , but same way even England plays attacking football I dont enjouy Eng games, only whit Swe, and besides Germany and Nederland also plöays attacking football and where is Ned now

Alviks IK who s in Norlands regional leuages is my vialdgfe team , thay play poor and I still go and watch (when I can enter whit out paying)
----

apos;'
[image]
20.06.2012 - 22:18
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Bad English on 20.06.2012 at 19:50

Can you find a link, I wanna see our TV broadcast Swe vs Fra and I aw popor qual at youtube but it was delited

Rus dont play BEST football in EC, but thay style is what spectators will enjoy and why I dont like is 1945-1991 same like Pols , Czcehs, Slovaks, east Germans, Angel Merkler give me a swe citizneship or better Ger and I wont even care , but Greece play boring but not all teams can play attackinga nd it pays , Italy ... Italy sv France in 2000 IMO it was best Italian attacking game I ever have seen France was fiew chances win , but same way even England plays attacking football I dont enjouy Eng games, only whit Swe, and besides Germany and Nederland also plöays attacking football and where is Ned now

Alviks IK who s in Norlands regional leuages is my vialdgfe team , thay play poor and I still go and watch (when I can enter whit out paying)

ok on my job application form ,under talents section i'm gonna fill "the ability to decode and understand what Bad English write " seriously dude its a damn miracle i understood what you wrote here
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.06.2012 - 23:29
Baz Anderson
Staff

Ukrainian clearly past the last defender when being passed.

(You can even use the line on the pitch where the grass changes colour to see he is past the defender. The ball is being passed by the Ukrainian directly behind the England guy trying to block it.)
20.06.2012 - 23:37
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Baz Anderson on 20.06.2012 at 23:29

Ukrainian clearly past the last defender as being passed.

(You can even use the line on the pitch where the grass changes colour to see he is past the defender. The ball is being passed by the Ukrainian directly behind the England guy.)

even that was offside the game has been continued without referee stopping it so the goal later should be considered legal,which the goal referee missed to see...
so if referee didnt stop the game after offside passing than the goal should be acknowledged ... two major screw ups happened there...
----
20.06.2012 - 23:39
Baz Anderson
Staff
Well, it's just a case that two wrongs made a right. Like I said before, even if the game did end 1-1, England would have still topped the group.
20.06.2012 - 23:44
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Baz Anderson on 20.06.2012 at 23:39

Well, it's just a case that two wrongs made a right. Like I said before, even if the game did end 1-1, England would have still topped the group.

i have no problems with the who went to quarterfinals and who not but the way how UEFA/FIFA is refuse to add hawk eye to the game .On last World Cup england lost to germany ,and there was also similar situation
----
20.06.2012 - 23:51
Baz Anderson
Staff
Yes indeed, the England goal-that-never-was was even more blatant than this one too.
21.06.2012 - 00:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

(You can even use the line on the pitch where the grass changes colour to see he is past the defender. The ball is being passed by the Ukrainian directly behind the England guy trying to block it.)

even Collina (head of referees at the EC) said the goal should be allowed.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2012 - 00:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.06.2012 at 23:44

Written by Baz Anderson on 20.06.2012 at 23:39

i have no problems with the who went to quarterfinals and who not but the way how UEFA/FIFA is refuse to add hawk eye to the game .On last World Cup england lost to germany ,and there was also similar situation

sorry, but I wouldn''t use hawk eye. It is not the best of aids around. It is used in tennis and cricket and is off at times because it can''t take everything into account.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2012 - 00:46
kesh
Account deleted

It was not offside. That picture ^ shows the phase of play before the Ukrainian player TumUytIoOsky(A), next to Terry, touched the ball; the guy (B)offside in that picture didnt receive the pass and therefore wasnt interfering in that phase of play - when the guy next to Terry (A) passes to the guy (B) who is offside in that picture^, the guy (B) in that picture who scored, was on-side.

Sorry to point that out. Getting football withdrawn symptoms with no football today.
21.06.2012 - 01:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2012 at 00:38

even Collina (head of referees at the EC) said the goal should be allowed.

Colina said also there was 13 moments when refs say wrong offside , 13 times errors
----

apos;'
[image]