Metal Storm logo
Euro 2012

Original post

Posted by Angelic Storm, 09.06.2012 - 16:35
I seen that there is a football thread, but felt that a big tournament like Euro 2012 deserved it's own thread. So here it is!

I was really impressed by the Russians. The Czech Republic are no slouches, but Russia just seemed to have too much for them to cope with. They should definitely top their group. The Poland v Greece match was very exciting, even though controversy played a large part in that. I dunno what the referee was thinking, as both of the yellow cards which led to Papastathopoulos' sending off weren't even fouls, let alone yellow cards! The Greeks showed such spirit in the 2nd half to come back with 10 men, and I felt they deserved to win it, shame they only got a draw...

Can't wait for the 2 games today, they should both be great!
28.06.2012 - 23:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
FINAL

Italy 2-1 Spain (my pedictions)

This will be 2008 EC semi replaya nd I think Italy will win, Germany did not find ansver and way to get goal, Spain dont show such good football leathly seems thay are tired of sucsess and winning, Spain strugled aganst France(cv mon it was not such good game, France suckness was reaosn why Spain won) same aganst Portugal, Spain shood lost on normal time and penalties was lothery and thay cant open Por defense, so all cards is in Italian hands and I belive they will use it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.06.2012 - 23:47
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Germany 1 Italy 2 full time score...

Great game, I have to say! I think Germany didn't show Italy enough respect in the first half, giving Pirlo in particular too much space to orchestrate things. Italy have really impressed me in this tournament, and in the 2nd half they did what Italy have always been great at, defending a lead. Though this time they did that whilst also looking exciting and playing with flair in the midfield. And Balotelli, arrogant so and so that he is, well he did great in the first half, and scored two great goals, especially the 2nd one. I'm disappointed that Germany didn't go through, but the best team won, and good luck to them in the final!
28.06.2012 - 23:48
Baz Anderson
Staff
Well, as much as I wanted/expected Germany to win - this might teach them not to be so arrogant... Italy were better.
28.06.2012 - 23:51
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 28.06.2012 at 23:48

Well, as much as I wanted/expected Germany to win - this might teach them not to be so arrogant... Italy were better.

I do think Germany were too arrogant... I think they thought all they had to do to win was turn up. They didn't show Italy the respect they deserved in the first half, and they paid the price. As great as Italy played tonight, I do think Germany were their own worst enemies in that first half.
29.06.2012 - 00:28
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Great game, and congrats to Italy. Germany certainly weren't bad, they just were ineffective. I mean, Italy got no corner kicks, but scored twice. Germany had, I don't know, 11 or 12 corner kicks? There certainly was some luck involved on Italy's side when it comes to defending, but there certainly is no excuse for having made it so easy for Balotelli.

Now I just hope that Italy will be so bloody effective on Sunday as well. They got better with each game, and in the first one they already achieved a draw against Spain. If Spain plays the way it played yesterday and Italy plays the way it played today, the winner shouldn't be too hard to guess.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
29.06.2012 - 00:29
Cal Wolvington
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.06.2012 at 23:44

At least we agree on football... Fucking fuck I wanted Germany to win. STILL can't believe those two goals. what the fuck...
As consolation... I demand that Spain will crush Italy! CRUSH I SAY.

Destroy them!!! WIPE THE FIELD WITH THEM!!!
29.06.2012 - 00:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Promonex on 29.06.2012 at 00:28
Now I just hope that Italy will be so bloody effective on Sunday as well. They got better with each game, and in the first one they already achieved a draw against Spain. If Spain plays the way it played yesterday and Italy plays the way it played today, the winner shouldn't be too hard to guess.

I think Italy certainly can win on Sunday, and I really hope that they do! Italy in this tournament have been great to watch, as well as being very good defensively (although they did ride their luck a little bit against Germany tonight), and have impressed me more than any other team in the tournament. I usually don't root for the Italians, but I will be on Sunday!
29.06.2012 - 00:56
J:oKeR
Written by InnerSelf on 28.06.2012 at 23:44

And Italy was the better side ...

Hope they play like this vs. Spain....
----
Aaaaaaaaaa
29.06.2012 - 01:22
Slayer666
Wow. This is literally the last thing I expected. Italy had like 2 nice actions in the entire first half and managed to turn both into goals. They just walked through the German defense. Would have been funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
Now I'm glad I decided not to put any money on the Germans in the last moment.
29.06.2012 - 10:40
kesh
Account deleted
With hindsight ye, but started supporting Italy after 20 minutes into the game, the Germans were mysteriously falling down as if on an ice-ring or something. Spain v Italy, first goal wins. So penalties. Still backing Spain to win, supporting FORZA ITALIA!
29.06.2012 - 12:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Germany prived if Eng will win penalsties Ger would be in final
----

apos;'
[image]
29.06.2012 - 14:19
kesh
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 29.06.2012 at 12:12

Germany prived if Eng will win penalsties Ger would be in final

With Germanys defense, baa, England would be in the final winning Chelsea style. Least the Italians can defend, we had better chances in the Italy game in my biased opinion. Germany beat us 4-1 yes (Lampards goal would of changed everything), i remember the game before that though, with your very own Sven an 5-1 to the England.

(Its 18-19 Eng/It wins to the Italians, im going to bet cash on our youngest beating theres in the next friendly).
29.06.2012 - 15:32
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The way Germany played, especially in the first half, England would have had a chance against them, no doubt!
29.06.2012 - 16:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.06.2012 at 15:32

The way Germany played, especially in the first half, England would have had a chance against them, no doubt!

Italy make tham plat like this but thayw ould make eng play how thay want
----

apos;'
[image]
29.06.2012 - 17:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Marcel - meaning of flag is

----

apos;'
[image]
29.06.2012 - 17:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 29.06.2012 at 16:06

They played like that because they took Italy too lightly, and didn't give them enough respect. I think they'd have played the exactly same way against England.
29.06.2012 - 18:06
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
WHY WHY ?? England have to face a vicious defeat everytime. They've a great squad, managers, stadiums and superb strategies to execute it, but, why in the end they have to face THE FUCKING EXIT DOOR. Why? *ooaaaahhhhhh*

having said that, I would have love to see England v/s Spain on Sunday.
29.06.2012 - 19:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 29.06.2012 at 18:06

WHY WHY ?? England have to face a vicious defeat everytime. They've a great squad, managers, stadiums and superb strategies to execute it, but, why in the end they have to face THE FUCKING EXIT DOOR. Why? *ooaaaahhhhhh*

because their teams are never top teams, simple. The English clubs rely too much on foreign players for their success.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2012 - 19:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 29.06.2012 at 17:36

Marcel - meaning of flag is

Simple red white and blue are the colours of the flag. Orange is the colour of the royal family, and also the surname. And the lion is the Dutch lion, just like the English have the lion as a national animal.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2012 - 19:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.06.2012 at 19:21

The English clubs rely too much on foreign players for their success.

Too much? I don't think so. Out of any 11 playing players in any English clubs, hardly a two or three dudes contributing to it. Like, J S PARK DOING IN UNITED or Suarez in Liverpool or Mario and Tevez contributing in City. The point here is, hardly there are bunch of foreign players who makes out the astonishing fame and money and rest is just (normally) contributing it. Nothing else.
29.06.2012 - 19:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 29.06.2012 at 19:52

Too much? I don't think so. Out of any 11 playing players in any English clubs, hardly a two or three dudes contributing to it. Like, J S PARK DOING IN UNITED or Suarez in Liverpool or Mario and Tevez contributing in City. The point here is, hardly there are bunch of foreign players who makes out the astonishing fame and money and rest is just (normally) contributing it. Nothing else.

Arsenal relies on foreigners as does Chelsea
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2012 - 19:59
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.06.2012 at 19:54

Arsenal relies on foreigners as does Chelsea

AND unfortunately both aren't the top teams of the EPL.
29.06.2012 - 21:31
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.06.2012 at 17:45

Written by Bad English on 29.06.2012 at 16:06

They played like that because they took Italy too lightly, and didn't give them enough respect. I think they'd have played the exactly same way against England.

Actually I think the opposite was the case. Kroos and Özil were too focused on Pirlo instead of simply doing their game. And Schweinsteiger being a complete failure yet again, so that Kroos had to fill in for him as well, didn't make things any better.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
29.06.2012 - 21:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Promonex on 29.06.2012 at 21:31

Actually I think the opposite was the case. Kroos and Özil were too focused on Pirlo instead of simply doing their game. And Schweinsteiger being a complete failure yet again, so that Kroos had to fill in for him as well, didn't make things any better.

I agree with you. imo they should have taken it a little more lightly and should have focussed on their own strengths and not that of the opposition. Whenever a team focusses on the opposition instead of itself it tends to lose.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.06.2012 - 00:59
snake? snaaaake!
Account deleted

The point here is, hardly there are bunch of foreign players who makes out the astonishing fame and money and rest is just (normally) contributing it. Nothing else.

The huge amount of foreign talent is what makes the premier league so great. Seriously dude, what are you on?
30.06.2012 - 01:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

having said that, I would have love to see England v/s Spain on Sunday.

Stadions is not great , great was Hybury, great is Anfield , great stadions is old historiucal stadions where team plays from beggining
Eng can win why ......look who play key roal in PL , non brits , Italy after last WC make only 2 non EU country ppl can be in team , so it means more Italian plöayer, who play key roals in Bundesliga, in Spain, also in Italy, where Portuagese people play key roals abroud, but brits maybe fiew never play main and key roal in team, when they will we can wate for a result to come
----

apos;'
[image]
30.06.2012 - 17:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Fuck this EC idea is be host in one or two countries, not incities in diferent countres, it will cost a lot for tems to trevel and mai power who is n 1 in football FANS can not go because it will be a lot of expencive,next EC will be fucke dup aleady because 24 teams instead of 16 so .... some scker teams will enter and make game boring(remeber Bulgaria in Portugal) latini go eat frogs and snails, play whit your self in shower but leave a football alone

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/michel-platini-believes-euro-2020-946429
----

apos;'
[image]
30.06.2012 - 17:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by [user id=115335] on 30.06.2012 at 00:59

The point here is, hardly there are bunch of foreign players who makes out the astonishing fame and money and rest is just (normally) contributing it. Nothing else.

The huge amount of foreign talent is what makes the premier league so great. Seriously dude, what are you on?

The brands like Lampard, Rooney, Terry or Cole which completes England squad impressively always ends up falling apart. You know what? I always interested seeing England playing and winning Euro or WC, 'cause I think they still have a potential to lift the precious cups but um they failed to execute it.

As far as foreign talent is concerned, Yes it's still prevails but I think England local players have an enormous potential but lacks in exposure and that's why I don't give much highlights to foreign players in uplifting EPL. Give them a proper pro training and exposure and see the result.
30.06.2012 - 21:47
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Really sucks how Italy defeated Germany a couple days back. I didn't get to see the game, but when I got back home from work I cut on the TV and I was cursing when I saw the hilights man!
But on the bright side, I dodged the bullet. Because I was so confident in Germany securing a victory (as most people were), I wanted to find a gambling buddy and bet $300 on Germany. Luckily I couldn't find anyone who would agree to putting that much on the line!
01.07.2012 - 23:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=105293] on 29.06.2012 at 00:29
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.06.2012 at 23:44

At least we agree on football... Fucking fuck I wanted Germany to win. STILL can't believe those two goals. what the fuck...
As consolation... I demand that Spain will crush Italy! CRUSH I SAY.

Destroy them!!! WIPE THE FIELD WITH THEM!!!

Italy got FUCKING OWNED.

----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.