Metal Storm logo
The origin of your username

Original post

Posted by GT, 29.05.2006 - 21:04
What is the story behind your username (and your custom title if you have one)?

In my own case it quite simple. Just the first letters in my first and last name. Boring and easy to remember
24.06.2010 - 18:53
Got Mayhem?
Pretty simple.

In America (I'm not sure if they're a worldwide ad?) we have these Got Milk? commercials and posters to encourage people to drink milk...I think. Take out the Milk, put in the infamous BM band Mayhem and there you have it: Got Mayhem?
----
30.07.2010 - 18:08
Javier_000
My real name is Javier.

I used to be a member of this forum back in the what i call 'good old days' lol. Because there was so much more activity and diversity of members as far i remember (2003- 2004)
My past name in this forum is Javier_00, couldn't figure to think a new one nor give so much of a damn as for think a new name so i just added a zero.

Javier_00 now Javier_000
----
i freaks my draulics phuckin' hoes in college... beetches swinging on my nuts is so stylish...
31.07.2010 - 00:45
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Well, ehm, zombie's first letter is 'z' and last is 'e'.. while my name ezz starts with 'e' and ends with 'z' .. so, there you go -embarrassed-
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
01.08.2010 - 15:37
Kennoth
And what's with the middle Z? And why zombie in the first place?
----
*insert something deep and profound*
05.08.2010 - 11:49
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
My real name is 'ezz', so when i wanted to choose a nickname, i chose 'zombie' as it shares the "z" and "e" in it like my name but in reverse order, but. username 'zombie' was taken on MS, so i made mine ezz_zombie
----

05.08.2010 - 22:12
Kennoth
Ezz? No offense, but what kind of RL name is that? Maybe a nickname?
----
05.08.2010 - 22:15
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hey, wait a sec, how can you be sure it's not his name?
06.08.2010 - 21:24
Kennoth
I never said I was sure

Reminds me of Fez from That 70's Show

Btw, why did you remove your evil eyes?
----
06.08.2010 - 21:53
Ragana
Rawrcat
Okay, you asked if you were sure. Imagine someone asked you if Saða (it's not my fault it looks like some Faroese/Icelandic thingie...) was your real name (I'd say, your real name is Alexander... but who knows) because he/she had never heard of it.

I removed the pic 'cause someone apparently liked it so much he decided to make a collage, put it on his profile and state I'm no good. So I understood it's not safe to put your own pictures on MS.
06.08.2010 - 22:11
Kennoth
I never asked such thing, or so I think

Yeah, I get my name can be strange to most people, though it's basically Sasha, with the letter ? replacing the sh sound.

Well...following that logic, you can remove the profile pic too. Though as much as I don't condone the 'collage', I still found it slightly amusing.
----
06.08.2010 - 23:42
Ragana
Rawrcat
That is, you asked like that.

That letter is on Latvian alphabet, it's just MS doesn't like it at all. So it's really Sasha? I know three guys named Alexander that are usually called Sasha 'cause it's shorter. And I don't find your name strange at all.

Nay, I knew I'd put it back anyway. It's just not that noticeable.
06.08.2010 - 23:47
Kennoth
While I know that most guys called Alexander/Alexandar are called Sasha for short, I never understood why is that anyway.

And nah, it's my full name.

Well...I noticed it
----
07.08.2010 - 00:13
Ragana
Rawrcat
It's more easily to call people in short names... Alexander = 3xSasha.
09.08.2010 - 05:06
whatsacow
I talking to my gf (ex now) about how im on a farm and have to feed the cows and stuff like that. She was pretty much falling asleep by then, and she rolls over and says: "what the fuck's a cow?" So i had it as my msn thing for a while to mock her, and now i just use it because its easy to remember, and to my knowledge, no one else is dumb enough to have a name like that.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
10.08.2010 - 18:55
FOOCK Nam
Written by whatsacow on 09.08.2010 at 05:06

I talking to my gf (ex now) about how im on a farm and have to feed the cows and stuff like that. She was pretty much falling asleep by then, and she rolls over and says: "what the fuck's a cow?" So i had it as my msn thing for a while to mock her, and now i just use it because its easy to remember, and to my knowledge, no one else is dumb enough to have a name like that.

Lol, it is cute historical origin. I thought your username fully is "whats a coward", felt offensive . Anyway, in Australia, if a someone's girlfriend or wife said something to him that has "what the fuck", is it rude and offensive ? I knew guys often use that slang being less ashamed but what about if girl or women use it ?
10.08.2010 - 19:04
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Kennoth on 06.08.2010 at 21:24

I never said I was sure

Ezz is short for 'Ezzeldin' ..
so, to sound like a character from 'that 70's show' is better than to sound like an elf from lord of the rings !
----

10.08.2010 - 19:37
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Zombie on 10.08.2010 at 19:04

I never said I was sure

so, to sound like a character from 'that 70's show' is better than to sound like an elf from lord of the rings !

Guys it is not an "E" in the beginning of "Ezz" it is the hardest Arabic letter to pronounce "by foreigners" which can't be written in English and is the same letter in the beginning of the name Amr which you probably don't know either
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
10.08.2010 - 19:48
JD
Account deleted
JD = Jack Daniel we both born in september, we both alcoholic is that's enough or what?
10.08.2010 - 19:52
JD
Account deleted
Written by InnerSelf on 10.08.2010 at 19:37

I never said I was sure

Guys it is not an "E" in the beginning of "Ezz" it is the hardest Arabic letter to pronounce "by foreigners" which can't be written in English and is the same letter in the beginning of the name Amr which you probably don't know either

InnerSelf what's the story about your username? i know a Sepultura song carry the same name
10.08.2010 - 20:16
Kennoth

There's an elf named Sasha?
----
10.08.2010 - 22:23
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Kennoth on 10.08.2010 at 20:16

I think he meant it about his own name. It really is interesting...
10.08.2010 - 23:29
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by [user id=28526] on 10.08.2010 at 19:52

Written by InnerSelf on 10.08.2010 at 19:37

I never said I was sure

InnerSelf what's the story about your username? i know a Sepultura song carry the same name

I had a "crush" on Sepultura's Innerself at the time when I registered so you got it right
----
is not bold enough
11.08.2010 - 00:11
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by InnerSelf on 10.08.2010 at 23:29
I had a "crush" on Sepultura's Innerself at the time when I registered so you got it right

It's a damn good song.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
11.08.2010 - 00:14
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by vezzy on 11.08.2010 at 00:11

Written by InnerSelf on 10.08.2010 at 23:29

It's a damn good song.

The whole album is monumental ... one of the first extreme metal albums I have heard in my life
----
is not bold enough
11.08.2010 - 01:36
Kennoth
Written by Ragana on 10.08.2010 at 22:23

I made a remark about Fez, so I think the elf thing is directed at me
----
11.08.2010 - 01:39
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Kennoth on 11.08.2010 at 01:36

Written by Ragana on 10.08.2010 at 22:23

I made a remark about Fez, so I think the elf thing is directed at me

Actually Ragana is right, i was reffering to myself; ezzeldin sounds geeky as hell .. is has 'zeld' in it... get it, 'zedla' ?
anyways, Kennoth is a pretty weird name too... its like 'kenny' but in a biblical manner ... is that your name or a nickname ?
----

11.08.2010 - 01:43
Kennoth
Written by Zombie on 11.08.2010 at 01:39

Actually Ragana is right, i was reffering to myself; ezzeldin sounds geeky as hell .. is has 'zeld' in it... get it, 'zedla' ?
anyways, Kennoth is a pretty weird name too... its like 'kenny' but in a biblical manner ... is that your name or a nickname ?

Nah, Sasha is my RL name. Kennoth is the nick I use in most forums and online games
----
11.08.2010 - 01:46
whatsacow
Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.08.2010 at 18:55

Lol, it is cute historical origin. I thought your username fully is "whats a coward", felt offensive . Anyway, in Australia, if a someone's girlfriend or wife said something to him that has "what the fuck", is it rude and offensive ? I knew guys often use that slang being less ashamed but what about if girl or women use it ?

Lol, no. Chicks and guys can say whatever they want. Aussies arent generally offended easily. Like, for instance, the word dickhead is used as a term of endearment.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
11.08.2010 - 12:49
FOOCK Nam
Written by whatsacow on 11.08.2010 at 01:46

Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.08.2010 at 18:55

Lol, no. Chicks and guys can say whatever they want. Aussies arent generally offended easily. Like, for instance, the word dickhead is used as a term of endearment.

Oh thanks for the answer, its very clearly, dickhead
12.08.2010 - 16:08
Perseverance
Account deleted
The origin of Perseverance is the last album by Death. Also, Perseverance is a unsigned band that I guess is very unknown. It's grim and occult