Metal Storm logo
The origin of your username

Original post

Posted by GT, 29.05.2006 - 21:04
What is the story behind your username (and your custom title if you have one)?

In my own case it quite simple. Just the first letters in my first and last name. Boring and easy to remember
12.08.2010 - 17:33
FOOCK Nam
Written by [user id=107022] on 12.08.2010 at 16:08

The origin of Perseverance is the last album by Death. Also, Perseverance is a unsigned band that I guess is very unknown. It's grim and occult

It is easily recognized, first time I saw, I know its origin. Nicer to know it is same band name, grimly decented.
12.08.2010 - 17:40
Perseverance
Account deleted
Http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/bands/13555/

A link to Perseverance's band page!
13.08.2010 - 01:09
whatsacow
Written by FOOCK Nam on 11.08.2010 at 12:49

Written by whatsacow on 11.08.2010 at 01:46

Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.08.2010 at 18:55

Written by whatsacow on 09.08.2010 at 05:06

I talking to my gf (ex now) about how im on a farm and have to feed the cows and stuff like that. She was pretty much falling asleep by then, and she rolls over and says: "what the fuck's a cow?" So i had it as my msn thing for a while to mock her, and now i just use it because its easy to remember, and to my knowledge, no one else is dumb enough to have a name like that.

Lol, it is cute historical origin. I thought your username fully is "whats a coward", felt offensive . Anyway, in Australia, if a someone's girlfriend or wife said something to him that has "what the fuck", is it rude and offensive ? I knew guys often use that slang being less ashamed but what about if girl or women use it ?

Lol, no. Chicks and guys can say whatever they want. Aussies arent generally offended easily. Like, for instance, the word dickhead is used as a term of endearment.

Oh thanks for the answer, its very clearly, dickhead

Ur welcome lol.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
16.07.2011 - 15:27
Sophist
I found sophists pretty cool, not to mention the name itself is pretty good sounding even if you have no clue what sophists were.
16.07.2011 - 21:18
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
I always struggled to find a username which was short and memorable. One day I was having fun with Leon Atkinsons random generators ( www.leonatkinson.com/random ) and the word tranquillizer came up in some context ( forgot what it was exactly...). I immediately thought it would be a cool username. It even fits how some people see me
18.07.2011 - 02:06
Mattybu
Mine is pretty simple, At the Gates is one of my favourite bands and Slaughter of the Soul (95) is one of my favourite albums.
18.07.2011 - 07:50
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
My real name is Abhishek Michael, most people call me michael coz abhishek is a really common name here. My name sucks, i got the two most common names from the east and west.
Anyway my username is pretty simple, its just an alternate name for DMT, which is my avatar as well.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
19.07.2011 - 16:38
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
The origin of my user name is so increadibly complex, that I'd need to write a 200-page book to describe it
19.07.2011 - 17:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daniell on 19.07.2011 at 16:38

The origin of my user name is so increadibly complex, that I'd need to write a 200-page book to describe it

what means P in your old one?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.07.2011 - 18:28
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
The initial of my surname.
18.08.2011 - 16:48
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Something strong: Beast
Something Metal: Of Metal
A Signature: 456
18.08.2011 - 21:57
Metal_4Ever
I love Metal!!
as well my email is like my username here.
23.08.2011 - 15:04
Don Martin
le fu-
Don Martin was a cartoonist cartoonist for MAD from the 60's to the late 80's I think He's fucking hilarious.
----
What a tackastrophe!
02.09.2011 - 15:44
ANGEL REAPER
Angel Reaper was my pseudonym way back when i registered here (i was in some Dimmu Borgir fanboy band at the time).Time has passed ,i am not longer using that name in bands but i thought that it is good idea to not change it here.
btw Angel Reaper can be understood in two ways as 1*Grim Reaper and 2*As the one that reap angels...
Its far better than wandering bullet i think...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
21.09.2011 - 00:35
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
When I was 20/21 one of my coworkers came into the warehouse area of the store I working at while I was putting up stock and I was listening to Nile and asked me to turn it down because it was too loud. Later in the day she asked me why I listened to that music because that music would drive her psycho or something if she listened to that all the time. She began referring to it as my psycho music and I liked the sound of that so changed music to metal and put them together but I didn't like the way psychometal looked so I changed the ch to a k...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

12.10.2011 - 13:48
Gothroman
Account deleted
Gothroman

Legendary Bosnian rulling house Kotromanich was founded by Cotroman Goth.So this is a little game of words and result is Gothroman.
15.10.2011 - 06:04
second_coming89
Account deleted
Well, as of today I returned to Metalstorm for the first time in a little over 2 years. So I changed it to "second coming" and the "89" is the year I was born.
15.10.2011 - 13:28
Frost Beast
Account deleted
The name of my band: Frost Beast... I'll change it though. Not deep enough for atmospheric black metal.
11.12.2011 - 00:47
arwestromen
Well it's kind of a swenglish version of my last name
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
14.12.2011 - 03:35
My name was taken from the title of George Carlin's last show "It's bad for ya"

R.I.P George .
16.12.2011 - 09:20
Gurth Bennas
As It's written in my profile "Gurth Bennas" is a Sindarin (Elvish language) word, meaning:
Gurth: Death
Bennas: Angel
and its origin's from Tolkien's mind!
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
29.12.2011 - 17:58
Beer Fairy
My name comes from this cute picture :

He is my idol!!
29.01.2012 - 19:18
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Ok, you must know portuguese to understand my username, but I'll try:

If someone says "Cuca Beludo", it looks like that people said "Cu Cabeludo", and "Cu Cabelo" means "hairy ass". For a quick idea, it's like "Ha Iryass", or something like that...
17.03.2012 - 12:36
At the time i registered to MS I was playing Aragorn's Quest. One of the swords in the game was named Vengience. The 666 is the Number Of The Beast.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
17.03.2012 - 13:34
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
M and C are my first two initials. Vice is the phonetic spelling of the correct (I think) germanic pronounciation of my mother's maiden name.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.03.2012 - 14:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by M C Vice on 17.03.2012 at 13:34
Vice is the phonetic spelling of the correct (I think) germanic pronounciation of my mother's maiden name.

Weiss?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.03.2012 - 00:19
Ernis
狼獾

M and C are my first two initials. Vice is the phonetic spelling of the correct (I think) germanic pronounciation of my mother's maiden name.

Weiss/Weisz?

Well, in any case, Vice can't be a phonetic spelling. It's an "Anglicised approximation" of the sound... the Chinese also use it because they have a similarly sexed-up writing system as English... If you want a phonetic spelling then it'd be "VAISS"...

I just remembered bout Rachel Weisz (a really charming actress) who was at some point advised to change her name into Vice but she refused because Rachel Vice would've sounded... suggestive...
18.03.2012 - 00:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ernis on 18.03.2012 at 00:19

Weiss/Weisz?

Well, in any case, Vice can't be a phonetic spelling. It's an "Anglicised approximation" of the sound... the Chinese also use it because they have a similarly sexed-up writing system as English... If you want a phonetic spelling then it'd be "VAISS"...

I just remembered bout Rachel Weisz (a really charming actress) who was at some point advised to change her name into Vice but she refused because Rachel Vice would've sounded... suggestive...

actually ''wise'' would be a better approximation than ''vice"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.03.2012 - 00:41
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.03.2012 at 00:25

The father of the actress is from Hungary. In Hungarian orthography SZ stands for "S" (they took it from the German SZ (which can also look like ß) so that, for example, the name of the composer Liszt is pronounced like "list" and Weisz is pronounced like "vice"...
18.03.2012 - 01:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ernis on 18.03.2012 at 00:41

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.03.2012 at 00:25

The father of the actress is from Hungary. In Hungarian orthography SZ stands for "S" (they took it from the German SZ (which can also look like ß) so that, for example, the name of the composer Liszt is pronounced like "list" and Weisz is pronounced like "vice"...

the W in the German Weiss is closer to the English W in wise than the V in vice. I am not talking about the
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996