Metal Storm logo
Tired of music?

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 15.05.2008 - 08:28
I had experienced a really strange feeling lately, that invades me suddenly. There are whole weeks in which I just don't want to listen to anything, metal and music in general becomes uninteresting for me and what had beem for MANY years one of the truly important aspects of my life loses its whole meaning. At first I tried to fight that feeling, but I see that love for music is progressively leaving me, and there are actually very few times in which I feel that whole pleasure that it used to induct in me. I wouldn't be surprised if 1 year ahead from now I'll not be actually listening to anything... comments? experiences?

I didn't want to open this thread in the General Music forum just becuase I wasn't felt it was the appropiate place, but mods feel free to change it.
17.05.2008 - 02:43
Fuath
ive been getting that alot lately
mind you i have clinical depression

but usually i go listen to something out of the ordinary
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

17.05.2008 - 03:18
Thrashette
This happens to me every once in a while, especially when I'm emotionally very weird or spend too much time listening to a small variety of music while doing nothing else
Just listen to something diffreent, but still tolerable. This is a good time to turn on the radio or listen to a CD that you haven't listened to in a long time. If that doesn't help, just stop listening to music. After a while, you'll want to listen to music again
18.05.2008 - 01:22
ScabbeD'~
Written by Bad English on 15.05.2008 at 18:15

Written by Judas on 15.05.2008 at 18:03

Written by Bad English on 15.05.2008 at 17:57

I had same thats why I stop drinkiing alcohol because it was reason of such feelings, now I jist lead simple life whit lil booze , and alone and thats why I still listen music,
Those symthoms are from hard studie, work and tiredness

General tiredness is the reason, I agree. You know how normally, when you're tired, you put on some music and chill out? Well, when you're tired for a long period of time, I've found that you lose faith in music being a cure of sorts, and you get sick of it for a while. For example, I used to always have music on while I worked, but I don't do that anymore because I'm too tired when I'm working and the music doesn't alleviate my tiredness. At that stage, it just becomes an annoying distraction.

I agree and general tiredness are from work, because people can not work 4/5 hours in day its maximum, other time shood be free, but soem countrie slike LATVAI make us work 16 hours in work, if music, alcohol an dwoman dont helps, next step suicde

"if music, alcohol an dwoman dont helps, next step suicde"
)Really nice Result k7
God Bless All your Savers
18.05.2008 - 01:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ScabbeD'~ on 18.05.2008 at 01:22

)Really nice Result k7

Ye sit is, its true try drugs in end overdose same whit cigs need more and more
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.05.2008 - 01:44
ScabbeD'~
Written by Bad English on 18.05.2008 at 01:27

Written by ScabbeD'~ on 18.05.2008 at 01:22

)Really nice Result k7

Ye sit is, its true try drugs in end overdose same whit cigs need more and more

O,Ok,It doesnt take too long,,,
Little by little you'll Die with this methode!
Dont need a Flick Suicidal
Then
God bless u too!!
18.05.2008 - 04:07
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Well, according to my beliefs (the teachings of The Buddha), all things are impermanent! and that becomes apparent in your original post. Find other interests so that you don't 'over-do' music and it doesn't become 'stale'. OR, look for new artists to interest you or even a new music genre! You may not be tired ov music as a whole but only as a genre/sub-genre.
18.05.2008 - 04:41
Achromatic
heh, i thought i was the only one this happened to..
but i guess you could get sick of anything, really.. well you will if you're over excessive with it.
i mean, i have my ipod on when i go to school on the bus n subway for an hour, and have it on in every class, through lunch, to the end of the day, on my way home, when im at home, and when i fall asleep.
bound to happen i guess?
18.05.2008 - 06:30
b0000mst1ck
i don't really get tired of music in general, just bands or genres. then again, i'm always looking for new bands to listen to no matter the genre, so that might have something to do with it. i basically do what lowelas mentioned, except constantly. so maybe i have musical ADD....
18.05.2008 - 11:35
Varegan
Hamranakara
if you have variety in choosing your style of music,you will never get tired of music.
@ScabbeD:I cant believe you said god again but I'm sure you mean your own god
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
18.05.2008 - 13:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
I get tired of metal often, then I listen something else, I am never tired of all music.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
18.05.2008 - 14:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Tired of music? That has never happened to me since I started listening to music in 1976 (so when I was 8). And the only time I got more or less tired of listening to metal was in 1981. That's when I listened to ska and punk for an entire year, but after that I never got tired of listening to metal at all again. Of course what helps is that my taste in metal is diverse. So when I get tired of one genre I just skip to another genre of metal.

Music in any sort of form has been a conscious factor for 32 years now and also a subconsciou factor during the first 8 years of my life since my parents ALWAYS played music in the house.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.05.2008 - 14:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
SA - You're tired of music only music or other thinks what you like to?
----

apos;'
[image]
20.05.2008 - 00:05
Smurfophagist
I can't always listen to music, for example, when I'm depressed or when I eat too much and I get tummy ache.
But giving up on metal? That sounds scary...
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
20.05.2008 - 01:09
ß
Problem?
I could never give up music it plays a big role in my life and without it would be very boring.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
21.05.2008 - 04:51
SilentScream
Blasphemer
The original post is actually somewhat distressing, and I can only imagine Southern Wind's feeling for I have never felt something like that before.

If there is one thing I can suggest is try listening to something new, out of the ordinary. Give some classical music a chance. Or something else for that matter.

As I mentionned, I can only imagine what that feeling is, because music is so interwoven with my life that I don't go through a day without humming a tune, getting song lyrics to fit any situation or...well...anything!
21.05.2008 - 05:24
Harmonic
Account deleted
The same thing has happened to me before. It passes after a few years. My interest in music came back after I got into metal. Before that I was listening to folk and alternative, mostly.

SilentScream has some good advice in the previous post. Classical music is great, but you should look past the typical Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, etc. and get into the truly heavy stuff. My recommendations: Gustav Mahler (his later work), Dmitri Shostakovich, and Igor Stravinsky. I have also thoroughly enjoyed Sergei Prokofiev's work, although I have heard very little of it. Then there is J.S. Bach; his work is legendary and superior even to Mozart, IMO. An appreciation of fugues played on the church organ is necessary to enjoy his heavier compositions.
21.05.2008 - 06:37
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 18.05.2008 at 14:19

Music only... all my other interests are kept intact...
21.05.2008 - 09:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=5080] on 21.05.2008 at 06:37

Written by Bad English on 18.05.2008 at 14:19

Music only... all my other interests are kept intact...

Then I dont know how to help you, wate summer , maybe it helps
----

apos;'
[image]
21.05.2008 - 12:01
Abattoir
Staff
As me concernes, I think that I have quite rarely moments or days of being tired of music. I've got some days when I listened to only one genre and the other day other genre and so on...but like I said I have realy rarely days of not listening to music.
25.05.2008 - 12:02
FOOCK Nam
I listen to music every days but yeah sometimes got bored. As said in previous pages, I recommend you to take a break of listening to music for a time, and then return back to the routine, your music appreciation will be invigorated back.
25.05.2008 - 12:12
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
You can get bored of music if you only listen to the same thing(preferably based on vocal melodies, that i fucked off that shit, except some bands.

if you listen to different things during the day you will never get bored.
25.05.2008 - 17:46
Infurnace
I don't really get bored listening to music, but I'm always looking for new bands. Sometimes when you listen to a particular band too much, it will get boring.
30.05.2008 - 14:50
FOOCK Nam
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.05.2008 at 14:03

Tired of music? That has never happened to me since I started listening to music in 1976 (so when I was 8). And the only time I got more or less tired of listening to metal was in 1981.

But do you listen to music everyday? IMO if you listen to music as overdosed per day, you can feel bored.
30.05.2008 - 15:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by FOOCK Nam on 30.05.2008 at 14:50

Tired of music? That has never happened to me since I started listening to music in 1976 (so when I was 8). And the only time I got more or less tired of listening to metal was in 1981.

But do you listen to music everyday? IMO if you listen to music as overdosed per day, you can feel bored.

Yes, I listen to music every day. Varying from 5 to 16 hours per day depending on it being a workday or day off of course.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.05.2008 - 15:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.05.2008 at 15:18

Yes, I listen to music every day. Varying from 5 to 16 hours per day depending on it being a workday or day off of course.

Me to ewery day 2/5 albums + 4-10 myspace and some 30 mp3 songs and new downloadet staff
Ok summer when I spend more time out its not so many but winter, all days when Im free of school I listen it a lot of

Main think what makes me borred are wibrationsofdoom, that I shood open each song not whit one time all album
----

apos;'
[image]
18.06.2008 - 03:35
hhcash
Account deleted
Maybe you need more energy?
18.06.2008 - 10:27
Dark Stalker
Sometime my favorite music starts to annoy me. I don't know what to do with this.
----
In luck we trust!
27.06.2008 - 11:29
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
i remember that i was so depressed 2 or 3 years ago. i remember that i was a nicotian and alchohol addict! i decided to leave this things. and i did. after 6 or 7 mounthes. my body begain to show un normal things! and suddenly one time i felt that im flyin ! and i sleep for 3 days and nights after that! i was too fucked up.(before it happens i didn have especial times for food and sleep) then i went to the doc (psychologist). yes i was seek cuase of food and sleep times and for leaving the alchohol and nicotian too. i remember when i was wantin to sleep i even could hear the little clocks tik tak!! so how could i listen to music. i couldn even take the TV's sound. i remember that i was too scared and i was thinkin that: "im like this cause im a fuckin headbanger, cause i listen to metal" ROFL
but this thing made me so nice again:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alprazolam

Edit: i will never forget that how Adrenaline was spreadin in my body without a reason! so fuckin situation
25.07.2008 - 12:57
Oracle
Orcinus
Sometimes i go months without listening to music because i just dont feel like it and then get back into. It doesnt mean im bored of it or anything it just means im probably not in the mood.
2 years ago i would listen to music non stop but i just sort of didnt listen to it as much since having a boyfriend. And thats the same with cds, i dont buy them as much as i used to.
Ive gotten back into listening to music now though but who knows, i might stop again for a few months.
26.07.2008 - 02:56
Stuart
MiseryKing
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.05.2008 at 15:18

I used to listen to music pretty much 24 hours a day, even when i was sleeping i used to put the music down to 1 and let the cd changer keep going continualy until I woke up. but now these days i'm lucky if I get an hour. I get half an hour on the ipod on the bus on the way to work and half an hour on the way back, thats it! ocassionaly some annoying prick tries to talk to me on the bus, that really pisses me off. then its pretty much the weekend I get a few hours in. Thats it!