Metal Storm logo
Your Clothing Style(read first post)

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 16.09.2008 - 18:52
really simple question, which out of these do you prefer?

1. metalhead:

you all know this: band shirts, denim, black leather, metal, spikes, chains and of course the gloves of metal.. mostly not crackerjack clothes lmao.

2. gothic:

morbid, somber, mostly black stuff, jewelery, really long coats, huge black boots, generally what a vampire would dress like.

3. regular- regular, crackerjack clothes, the stuff most people would wear.

out of the list i choose regular as i don't wear my band shirts that often, and other than those i have no other accessory that links to metal music

i would have included more options but i know only very few people around here dress other than this. if it's not in those 3 categories, i put an "other" option but remember to still answer the question.

Poll

which?

regular
typical metalhead
other(SPECIFY GODDAMIT)
gothic

Total votes: 180
15.10.2008 - 20:47
ASiema113
My attire consists of a custom gray hooded robe fully installed w/ air conditioning & a soda machine & if you don't buy that well, then I guess you could never truely appreciate the freedom of going commando underneath a robe...
----

Written by [user id=22888] on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
16.10.2008 - 19:54
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I'd say I wear regular clothes. I have some band t-shirts too and I wear them pretty often, but still my style isn't very metal. Sometimes it's essential to wear stylish clothes, if we for instance have a visitor lecturer from some big company. It's not like I can walk in wearing my Amorphis-shirt then. I have many black clothes, but mainly I combine black with green and blue.
----
You'll never walk alone.
21.10.2008 - 08:15
CartoonJunkie
Account deleted
I don't have style at all. I just wear t-shirts and jeans. If it wasn't for my sorority I would probably have no clothes because I mostly just have a million sorority t-shirts.
13.04.2009 - 14:14
Crimson Lily
Account deleted
Interesting thread!

Well, I dress in my own style I'd say. Something of my own, completely....I like dark clothing the most, I wear band shirts sometimes, but I don't really dress as a metalhead...I like goth music (although I'm still not sure what that is because every band you'll name someone will say, ''actually, that's not goth''), but I've never belonged to the gothic scene, so I don't really dress like goths do....I don't dress ''normal'' as well...

I'd say I dress completely original...in my own style...that being, dark clothes, sometimes trousers, sometimes skirts, and dark lacy clothes...and tons of other stuff, very different , depends on how I feel...so yeah, I guess I'm with ''other''.
13.04.2009 - 16:35
tulkas
el parcero
So i voted regular, 'cause putting other i imaged it would be somethink like... rare. but i'm just a regular guy. normal pants (and when i can sweats), and most of the times a black t-shirt; other times it would be dark blue. and if i'm at ome or just chillin' around, a white t-shirt and some sort of hippie-pants style (but not colorful!!). and last but not least, my adidas shoes
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
13.04.2009 - 18:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Lol it seems i haven't replied to this thread as of yet. well i mostly dress like a regular guy, got some black band hoodies and t-shirts but i don't exclusively wear them. other than that jeans, casual/sport shoes and (more recently) an army-like hair style lol
13.04.2009 - 19:02
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Nothing special about the way I dress except that I really like army jackets.
13.04.2009 - 19:11
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Valentin B on 13.04.2009 at 18:50

Lol it seems i haven't replied to this thread as of yet.

Me neither.
anyway, I'm a pretty regular looking chick. Not a goth, not a terrifying metalhead though I have combat boots, lots of black shirts, spikes and so on. But still I prefer to dress like I want (not in jeans 24/7, of course). With my clothing I'm not trying to tell others: "Hey, I'm a metalhead, yo. Respect me or I'll kick your ass!"
Since I don't have lots of friends who like metal (not the closest ones), I really don't feel like I should dress like a majestic goth just to show my 'inner side' (okay, I'm not a goth, that was just a good example XD). and I'm done with this metalhead stuff. I'll be what I want to be and hell, if I'll want a rapper to be my boyfriend then shall it be. amen.
13.04.2009 - 19:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by jupitreas on 13.04.2009 at 19:02

Well if alpfa industrie scounhts like army yes me to, us army bomer jackets and pilot jacked was awesome specely wwii and 50;s letter, and hells angels
Realy I like those but they cost about 1000 dollars vintiage jacket
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.04.2009 - 19:18
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by Bad English on 13.04.2009 at 19:16

Well if alpfa industrie scounhts like army yes me to, us army bomer jackets and pilot jacked was awesome specely wwii and 50;s letter, and hells angels

Well, you can usually find M-65s in army surplus stores for pretty cheap. My main source for jackets!
13.04.2009 - 19:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by jupitreas on 13.04.2009 at 19:18

Written by Bad English on 13.04.2009 at 19:16

Well, you can usually find M-65s in army surplus stores for pretty cheap. My main source for jackets!

I have on alpfa industries green its some 4-6 eyars till its be old
I dont but new cloths so offen this year non (ok socks n underwear dont counts , my boots some 6-9 years, letter jacket same so
, but Im looking for some old fassion kacket , just dunno what and where, we will see
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.04.2009 - 11:41
Destryphior
I'd go for regular, different colored jeans, a t-shirt or sweater, in different colors, mostly black, beige or gray. I also wear a lot of wine red and light blue. With shoes I usually go for some casual or a pair of loafers. My favorite part is hats, I have couple of different hats, a bowler a couple of felt hats, and some caps. I also go accessories, necklaces, I have arrowheads, Thor's hammers, stones, etc...
15.04.2009 - 02:10
Wyrd
Walmart jeans, Skate shose from West 49, a band t-shirt i got from eBay and a studed wrist band, nice and simple.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
15.04.2009 - 08:36
|Angela|
Account deleted
Generally I wear regular clothes although there are times when it could be considered gothic. Mostly regular though.
15.04.2009 - 12:58
ForeverDarkWoods
I usually wear:

Band t-shirts or hoodies depending on how cold it is... Mostli black metal stuff but also some heavy metal stuff as well as some death metal.

Army pants, M89 pattern, usually forest camo, but sometimes also the snow camo variant.

Combat boots, 14 holes.

Leather jacket (about to be patched when I get money for patches) or a leather trench coat (about to fall apart).

So I guess regular metalhead is the closest.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
15.04.2009 - 14:57
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Other, cause I dont have any rules in my life, so I wear what I like. but truely I hate Fashion clothes (up to date or what the hell). metalhead clothes arent like that man! those are just arm wears!

PS: metals and goths often wear the same I think. (Im talkin about clothes not collars and chains!)
15.04.2009 - 15:03
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I'm wearing bandshirts most of the time and a normal black jeans. So i would say I'm dressing like a metalhead, but without the spikes, chains and that stuff
20.04.2009 - 11:46
Rozz
Well i looked like a htrash emtal dude allways had band shirts and leather jackets or flano with bandshirts but now im just a wear normale cloths
20.04.2009 - 12:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Rozz on 20.04.2009 at 11:46

Well i looked like a htrash emtal dude allways had band shirts and leather jackets or flano with bandshirts but now im just a wear normale cloths

i can understand what you're typing.. your K7 impersonation isn't working
20.04.2009 - 13:26
T_s_T
Well most of the time I dress just like a normal person,but oddly enough people always seem to understand somehow that I'm a metalhead...
21.04.2009 - 09:45
Eeric
Account deleted
Somewhere between metalhead and gothic, maybe more metalhead
21.04.2009 - 17:04
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I'd say I wear regular clothes. Mostly formal stuff for office and smart casual when going out. The only thing thats possibly indicative of my musical taste or personality is that I generally prefer black.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
02.05.2009 - 23:54
Alkaline
Black shirt and blue jeans are my style with an occasonal Green Fidel Castro looking Jacket
02.05.2009 - 23:56
Alkaline

me too dude like the Vietnam ones
04.05.2009 - 17:26
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I wear regular clothes. some times i really enjoy wearing metal shirts and thats what i do but i'd never call my dressing "metalhead dressing"...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
04.05.2009 - 17:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
My mommy dresses me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.05.2009 - 17:31
Grief
Account deleted
I wear other people's scabs.
19.05.2009 - 17:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Richard on 17.09.2008 at 18:05

I always remember reading about people who drive Volkswagon Beetles - when they drive past and see someone else in a VW beetle, they beep their horns at each other as a little sign of mutual respect and recognition... And sometimes the same thing happens to people of a 'Metal appearance'. (Well, not 'beeping' your 'horn', but you know what I mean!)

Of course, if someone has a similar 'look' to you, they could still turn out to have a completely different personality or just be a twat.

like this?
19.05.2009 - 20:20
Hamird
Lieutenant
I usually wear casual clothes.. Mostly t-shirts and jeans. I don't really like to look Metal by my clothes.
20.05.2009 - 11:41
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 19.05.2009 at 20:20

I usually wear casual clothes.. Mostly t-shirts and jeans. I don't really like to look Metal by my clothes.

you mean you dont like to pose?