Metal Storm logo
Evanescence

Original post

Posted by Bas, 25.05.2006 - 22:11
Ok, so first of all i am aware of the fact that alot of people will come here and bash this band, if you do so i cant stop you, but i can ask you this, why do you hate this band? and most of all, how much have you actually heard by them?

so please people, no mindless bash posts, rather tell me what you dont like about them,

having said that, i wonder what their new cd will be like, i hope it'll be heaps better then fallen (which wont be very hard IMO)
i didnt really like fallen, i think it's not half as good as it could be, because i think Amy is an amazing vocalist, and i like their pre-fallen material very much,

please let me hear your opinions, what do you like better, fallen or their pre-fallen stuff?
06.08.2006 - 16:26
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Daniel on 05.08.2006 at 13:19

i never attacked anyone´s personal opinion,
i attacked someone who said Evanescence claim to be something they arent, which they never did, there is a great difference between an opinion and making up crap, liking or disliking Evanescence is an opinion, thus i would never attack someone stating he doesnt like Evanescence, i will however continue attacking people making up quotes
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
07.08.2006 - 08:01
Daniel
Fair enough,my bad,Well my opinion on the band is that they are really cool,That girl can sing! she is awesome,The guitar is pretty basic,but they wouldn't be the band to drop into a shred solo I don't think.Overall they are a pretty good band,I have there fallen cd,
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
11.08.2006 - 07:28
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Well, I've listened to the new single "Call Me When You're Sober" a few times, and I'm quite surprised. The two guitarists(I don't know their names) seem a lot more mature and confident in their playing. The only thing I can really fault with it is Amy Lee's voice. Don't know, but to me, she sounded like she was straining in a few places.
----
12.08.2006 - 00:26
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Elijah on 11.08.2006 at 07:28

Well, I've listened to the new single "Call Me When You're Sober" a few times, and I'm quite surprised. The two guitarists(I don't know their names) seem a lot more mature and confident in their playing. The only thing I can really fault with it is Amy Lee's voice. Don't know, but to me, she sounded like she was straining in a few places.

Yeah actually it seem to me too.
Her perfect voice in Fallen album has changed drastically . Why ? i don't know but if the new album is all like this song , it really suks
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
14.08.2006 - 19:41
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well, I didn't know Evanescence till I first heard Bring Me Back To Life, which btw I still don't fancy much Anyway, since lately I have grew distant the classic gothic metal I've decided to give them a fair and square listen, and guess what, they are swell Ok, I'm not totally amazed by them, but they are a solid rock band showing influnces from different genres, also gothic metal so I guess that's why youngsters oftenly mistakenly think that is what they are, same goes for nu metal influences which are pretty obvious. But Evanescence is definately rock, no matter how gothic and blackish Amy Lee (who is good, don't get me wrong, I like the gal) dresses and no matter how baggy the clothes other members wear are. Personally I like Origin the best. as I said, musically nothing really special, but they are pleasant to listen from time to time
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
14.08.2006 - 20:54
Walter Iego
Author
Elite
I like em, looking forward to the new album; however, I can't deny that I think Amy Lee is just gorgeous, and that might be some part of me wanting to check the new stuf out...
28.08.2006 - 14:54
Deep Cry
Account deleted
i think they are great band and i love them so much
31.08.2006 - 10:49
Zeraphine
Lazy Bastard
new single from Evanesence... hmm quite interesting news to hear. i saw the video on their official website and well i'm not sure if i'm disappointed or impressed. it just left me staring at the monitor like a moron. the guitar work is heavier, i agree, and i also love the piano parts but isn't Amy's voice a little... different? i think her singing is a little bit too strong. she usually sings much lighter but anyway, maybe it's just me. i just hope she doesn't keep the same tone on the whole album. i must admit i'm very curious to hear the rest of the album. hope the other songs are better than "Call Me When You're Sober" which is an average one if you ask me.
01.09.2006 - 08:29
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Complaints about their new single "Call Me When You're Sober" I have not. Amy's beautiful voice is still there and man, she looks more beautiful than ever. The rest of the band, well, they are playing average as always, nothing memorable. Perhaps there was something I did not like; I think that when the verse "How could I?" kicks in there was room for a guitar solo right there. I hope there are guitar solos in the rest of the songs.
----
Christless
05.09.2006 - 13:24
Amrott
the new album has leaked. listening to it right now, and "Call me when you're sober" IS my least favourite.

the guitars have more balls, lotsa new vocal styles,,, but some of fallen touches are still there. i'm at track 7 now and so far it seems like a better job than fallen.
05.09.2006 - 13:46
MorningStar
Account deleted
Written by Amrott on 05.09.2006 at 13:24

the new album has leaked. listening to it right now, and "Call me when you're sober" IS my least favourite.

the guitars have more balls, lotsa new vocal styles,,, but some of fallen touches are still there. i'm at track 7 now and so far it seems like a better job than fallen.

Could i have the link?
06.09.2006 - 00:50
Amrott
just search for it on torrent sites like torrentspy.com
08.09.2006 - 12:09
Zeraphine
Lazy Bastard
ok so i finally put my ears on the newest Evanescence CD. well from the first listen i could tell that it's definitely heavier than Fallen and somewhat more mature. some songs are incredibly well worked like Lithium or Weight of the World (which is the heaviest on the album imo) while others tend to be a bit monotonous. the whole album is nice to listen to but it isn't anything spectacular. the first few songs are great but the next tend to make you want to listen to something else. well maybe i got this impression because it's the very first listening. i may change my opinion in the future; as what happened with "Call Me When You're Sober". i wasn't very much impressed by it at first and now i find myself singing it in my mind. odd, non?

so as a general analysis: good album, nothing spectacular, better than Fallen, heavier, but not the best Ev release.
14.09.2006 - 13:34
wrathchild
Staff
I've roughly listened to it and I'm not sure what to think about it. I must say I really enjoy Fallen, I think it was very well produced and that clearly shows with how we perceive Amy's voice on that album.

Now the new album has a good production, but nothing that stands out. Less electronica (good) and more little guitar details that I like, but the songs are not as enjoyable as those on Fallen. One of my fav track is probably Lacrymosa (so far; as I said, I haven't listened to it properly).
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
14.09.2006 - 17:14
Nèst
Evanescence is a good band. I've listen to Origin (what a great CD), Fallen (better production and catchy melodies, antoher good one) and finally with The Open Door they prove they can do more "serious" and ellaborated (just listen to lacrymosa, lithium and others) things. They're not Lacrimosa, Tristania, Within Temptation or another gothic-symphonic-othershit metal band. They're only Evanescence. They move on to some rock, dark and even metal things, doing some listenable music. Tr00 metal fans and people who goes with a sock in their pants to Manowar's concerts cannot enjoy this kind of music. And anyone who are looking for complex riffs, guitar shreddings and complicated arpeggios... Do not listen this band. I'm not saying that all this is bad, i'm this class of stupid people who enjoys simple (and complex) things.
23.09.2006 - 19:27
J.K.Carnage
Account deleted
I like their new song thats out now, I think amy lee looks ALOT better now then she did before... I'm not a huge fan but I apprciate a good song when I hear it.
05.10.2006 - 14:53
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I just love this album, more heavy than Fallen but as wrathchild said nothing stands out...........
and my fav. track is by far "Lithium"
about their new video I think Amy looks stunning in her new style
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
05.10.2006 - 17:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't like this band but I can't say that I dislike them, something there in the middle is what I think about them. Their music is to weak and not that interesting. I heard that the new album is gonna (or maybe is, don't know if it's out yet) be much more symphonic than before. Maybe then Evanescence can be something for me.
----
10.10.2006 - 15:17
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Written by Warman on 05.10.2006 at 17:50

I don't like this band but I can't say that I dislike them, something there in the middle is what I think about them. Their music is to weak and not that interesting. I heard that the new album is gonna (or maybe is, don't know if it's out yet) be much more symphonic than before. Maybe then Evanescence can be something for me.

Well yes their new album IS more symphonic and much Heavier, no solos but still a wonderful album
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
14.10.2006 - 17:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Ive listened to the new single quite a few times and I dont seem to be able to like it. I listened to the full album some days ago and they have some interesting new songs. I only listen to it fully once so i think im not prepared to make a righteous judgement yet. It doesnt seem spectacular though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.10.2006 - 21:48
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
They did a good performance at MTV Latin Awards 2006 Mexico (I bet that they were an effort from the channel to make people in the U.S. to watch the program [along with the other North American artists that performed] for Evanescence is having great success and media exposure) now I didn't tolerate the words from that clown which presented them who made such offensive comments towards the English and the none-Hispanic United States citizens. If the guys in Evanescence could have heard the stupid words from that fukker they surely would have objected to play or something.
----
Christless
25.10.2006 - 21:58
Deus Ex Machina
Well i have always liked Evanescence.Simply because they make beautiful music.i don't know...it's pleasant and soothing.
Amy Lee is among my 2 favorite female vocalists ever so that says a lot.I doubt Evanescence will ever make anything bad in a way that's gonna make me not wanna listen to them anymore.The comments about it being a goth trend and with it mentioning Nightwish,Within Temptation etc. was kind of lame because that's simply not gothic so whatever-i don't feel like getting into this big thing explaining how and why it's not gothic cause i'm fed up with explaining stuff like that.
In conclusion pre-Fallen stuff was good.Fallen was alright-i've listened to it too much so i got fed up but it's ok.Post Fallen stuff will all be good,and why not.It's cute music that sounds pleasant,they have a great singer and why the hell wouldn't you wanna listen to her,it can only make you feel better.And not as important but i also happen to think she's one of the cutest creatures ever to step into this world.
Blah blah...The End
06.11.2006 - 15:36
Sunioj
I dont mind Evanescence at all, their old stuff is alot more pleasent, I havent gotten into that style of music in a long time, maybe I will tread over it sometime.

I covered this band with some musicians at my old school for my immortal, we made it heavier yet, more symphonic twas appreciable.
07.11.2006 - 13:38
Deep Cry
Account deleted
well i don't know about you but the new album is more than amazing i love it so much
the lyrics are full os sensation and also i love their music too
09.11.2006 - 20:17
Sunioj
Cool, I will check it out, listening Evanescence is like an overflow of emotions, me being a extreme metal fan, emotional music...well let me just say that I try to avoid it.
11.11.2006 - 13:22
Lorien
Account deleted
I don't like their stuffs before "Fallen"
I don't like FAllen so much, but there are surely some good songs
I tried to listen to the new album but it gets boring after a couple of songs so I can't say anything... Call me when you're sobber is ok song, and the video is interesting...
12.11.2006 - 00:34
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Lately I've been a little into Evanescence again
What can I say? I don't find the band like before, still interesting though, but really depressive, and since now I'm not really into depressive stuff, it's not my thing at all
About the new stuff, I heard the new song some days ago and I liked it, but I haven't seen the video
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
12.11.2006 - 19:27
Lorien
Account deleted
The video is very interesting...
BTW, what happened with the album, I've heard a long ago that the next album is going to be all about vampires or smth like that o,O
17.11.2006 - 05:36
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
I like their old stuff too,, I did not get the new album, I heard short clips of it on iTunes and it just did not interest me.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
19.11.2006 - 16:01
wrathchild
Staff
After many spins (well, I admit I'm talking about hard drive spins) I'd say the album is great. Not as catchy as Fallen was, but very interesting - they're on the good way

But a friend of mine attended their show in Vienna, and apparently, they played for a mere hour only... Though their performance wasn't bad. I was disappointed when I saw their show in France was sold out when I had just been notified of the show...
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz