Metal Storm logo
Things that make you happy

Original post

Posted by Nexus, 18.11.2009 - 19:00
All right, so everyones bitching about things that make em sad, or things that piss em off ... but man, enough of this negativity! We got enough of that shite circulating around this world as it is without us harvesting and exacerbating it. Lets talk about and celebrate what makes us happy for once!

Music! Particularly metal! ... And even more so, Thrash metal to be exact. Fuck yeah!
Beer!
Sunny days : )
Sunsets
People who genuinely care about others, and want to help each other out
Positive people
Honest people (or as honest as they can possibly be)
People who like to party as much as I do (without losing themselves completely)
People who are able to discuss something intelligent

And yeah, searched about 7 pages back, got to be too much of a strenuous task for me to keep looking back to see if anyone had posted a topic similar to this. If there is one, then feel free to trash this thread.
14.01.2010 - 22:28
Kasper
A few things that can make my day a lot better:

If I manage to understand something that I find difficult in school - could be math or whatsoever.

If I plays drums (just regular jamming) and I randomly make up something very cool - a beat maybe.

If I see a person that I haven't spoken with for a long time, and we sit down and talk.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
24.01.2010 - 19:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I think i haven't replied seriously to this topic yet so here goes:

playing my guitar, especially through some kickass amp at a rehearsal place while i'm wearing earplugs.

warm weather, sunny days, warm summer nights when you can go outside with a t-shirt and shorts.

traveling, there's few things that make me more excited than planning out a trip(given, if i have the money )

partying, mostly when accompanied by any of the following: booze, weed, hot moist girls.

i hope this doesn't come off as shallow or something, but having some extra money, getting stuff for free or at super-low prices or people buying me drinks or something make me happy, 90% of the time i have a ridiculously low amount of cash, sometimes i was totally broke for weeks (yeah, literally 0.00 lei), so i can't really afford underground band cd's or shirts or going to gigs every other week even though i'd love to support the bands i like, and the only support i can offer most of the time is simply moral.

concerts, when there aren't too many assholes around, the bands are good and the booze is cheap.

wine, i rarely drink wine to get drunk(though i did drink a half bottle of wine once just because it was too heavy and i couldn't carry it anymore lol)

holding hands with a girl, and to an extent just generally being romantic, it may be that mostly i'm just a pitiful miserable misanthropic lone wolf that tries too hard most of the times but i do get some enjoyment when i'm with a girl and i'm being very romantic or poetic, of course if the girl enjoys it too.

making people happy or moving them in my desired way with my guitar playing and/or lyrics.

and last but definitely not least, people(especially girls) who are honest with themselves and those around them and know what they want from life.
18.02.2010 - 23:24
Don Martin
le fu-
-Led Zeppelin
-Playing the guitar
-Going to concerts
-Buying records
-Sunrises (dawn of a brand new day!)
-When people are nice to each other.
-Sleeping
-When the cat doesn't bite or scratch my face off.
----
What a tackastrophe!
30.01.2011 - 12:26
Vivi'
Music, sex, beer, my dog, my friends, my family, my work, my room because I've decorated it, hugs and many more.
30.01.2011 - 12:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vivi' on 30.01.2011 at 12:26

Music, sex, beer, my dog, my friends, my family, my work, my room because I've decorated it, hugs and many more.

I hope room whit a wiew
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.01.2011 - 14:58
ANGEL REAPER
Alcohol,women ,playing guitar,heavy metal,being in nature....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.01.2011 - 17:39
Luneth
Account deleted
In no order

-Metal
-Understanding complex theories
-Reading Marvel Comics
-Reading science fiction novels
-Playing guitar
-Watching anime
-Boxing
-Debating
-Thinking
-Solitude
-'The real truth'
-Smoking weed
-Plans coming together
30.01.2011 - 18:12
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=107773] on 30.01.2011 at 17:39
-Plans coming together

You seem too young to be an A Team fan. lol
30.01.2011 - 18:16
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.01.2011 at 18:12

-Plans coming together

You seem too young to be an A Team fan. lol

Clearly, as I've no clue who they are
30.01.2011 - 18:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=107773] on 30.01.2011 at 18:16

Now, that doesn't surprise me! lol

The catchphrase of Hannibal, who was one of the main guys in it was "I love it when a plan comes together". Hence the reference. hehe
30.01.2011 - 18:25
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.01.2011 at 18:22

Written by [user id=107773] on 30.01.2011 at 18:16

Now, that doesn't surprise me! lol

The catchphrase of Hannibal, who was one of the main guys in it was "I love it when a plan comes together". Hence the reference. hehe

Ah I never watched Hannibal [Not before my time, I'm not that young ], though I'm pretty sure the phrase itself is a widely used one; it's simple and to the point.
30.01.2011 - 18:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

-Smoking weed

Are you MI6?

but better change smoking weed to haveing a sex ... weed and you go down , cops pic you up and its end of story,
----

30.01.2011 - 18:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=107773] on 30.01.2011 at 18:25
Ah I never watched Hannibal [Not before my time, I'm not that young ], though I'm pretty sure the phrase itself is a widely used one; it's simple and to the point.

The original A Team series was broadcast in the mid 80's, so it was before your time. Damn, I feel really old now... lol
30.01.2011 - 18:43
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 30.01.2011 at 18:37

-Smoking weed

Are you MI6?

but better change smoking weed to haveing a sex ... weed and you go down , cops pic you up and its end of story,

Lol, I'll take my chances. And it may just be me, but having sex is inferior on its own, it needs the other. Weed and Sex share a symbiotic relationship
30.01.2011 - 18:45
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.01.2011 at 18:43

Written by [user id=107773] on 30.01.2011 at 18:25

The original A Team series was broadcast in the mid 80's, so it was before your time. Damn, I feel really old now... lol

Dammit, oh well, at least I grew up with Disney, that's the only thing people around my age can say proudly
30.01.2011 - 18:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Damn ifg I cold work for MI6 or MI5 or Mossad or any other secret organistaion I be happy
----

31.01.2011 - 00:16
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Bad English on 30.01.2011 at 18:45

Damn ifg I cold work for MI6 or MI5 or Mossad or any other secret organistaion I be happy

Than brush up yours English....
No offense,I wold be rejected also,my english still sucks too
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
31.01.2011 - 00:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=107773] on 30.01.2011 at 18:45
Dammit, oh well, at least I grew up with Disney, that's the only thing people around my age can say proudly

Im sure if you saw most of the things I grew up watching, you'd cringe. lol Disney is kewl. xD
31.01.2011 - 00:38
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 31.01.2011 at 00:30

Written by [user id=107773] on 30.01.2011 at 18:45

Im sure if you saw most of the things I grew up watching, you'd cringe. lol Disney is kewl. xD

Lol, like what? late 80's/early 90's was a great time for film, you got 'The Fly' dammit, now that was an epic creation.
31.01.2011 - 17:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=107773] on 31.01.2011 at 00:38
Lol, like what? late 80's/early 90's was a great time for film, you got 'The Fly' dammit, now that was an epic creation.

I meant the 80's kid's programmes. lol

Yep, but at the time "The Fly" was released, I wasn't old enough to watch it.
31.01.2011 - 17:56
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 31.01.2011 at 17:52

Written by [user id=107773] on 31.01.2011 at 00:38

I meant the 80's kid's programmes. lol

Yep, but at the time "The Fly" was released, I wasn't old enough to watch it.

Ah I see, well yeah I know nothing about that then xD
04.02.2011 - 19:49
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Written by Vivi' on 30.01.2011 at 12:26

Good job let us know about the rest
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
09.02.2011 - 20:18
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I just recently got out of the US Military. Wasted 5 years of my life. Did three tours in Iraq. Thought I was joining to do good things for the country but all that happened was I was getting fisted by the government for the whole time. At least I got college money and can smoke marijuana without worry about getting caught up. Now back home in California going to College. Getting out of the military and getting away from this horrible Government called the US and doing my own thing makes me happy.
16.02.2011 - 19:56
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
When I get my hands on albums that I have desired to own for a long time. Making a positive review of a great game/film/album. Making a negative review of a bad game/film/album. Drinking coffee while mastur....errr...I mean while MASTERing each quest at Baldur's Gate II or watching Final Fantasy cutscenes. Walking on the beach on warm summer nights. Stuffing my face with food. Stuffing my brain with philosophy and science. Watching bad people get their comeuppance in movies or in real life (muahahahahahaa!). Last, but certainly not least, sleeping.
13.08.2011 - 16:38
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
PURE FUCKIN' METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doing something good on guitar and discovering new things in general.
13.08.2011 - 16:52
Yavanna
Chocolate or/and Suggar (candyes, sweet things in general)
Having money to spend
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
13.08.2011 - 17:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yavanna on 13.08.2011 at 16:52
Having money to spend

We share so much in common. Will you marry me?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.08.2011 - 17:07
Yavanna
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.08.2011 at 17:02

Written by Yavanna on 13.08.2011 at 16:52
Having money to spend

We share so much in common. Will you marry me?

Marrying me is not a very good idea, sorry
(but we can still meet and share a chocolate box someday)
----
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
13.08.2011 - 17:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yavanna on 13.08.2011 at 17:07
we can still meet and share a chocolate box someday

Deal. If I ever make plans to run away from home I'm coming to Brazil with a suitcase full of assorted chocolate and candy.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.08.2011 - 17:14
Yavanna
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.08.2011 at 17:10

Written by Yavanna on 13.08.2011 at 17:07
we can still meet and share a chocolate box someday

Deal. If I ever make plans to run away from home I'm coming to Brazil with a suitcase full of assorted chocolate and candy.

of couse, you know my house is a great place to hide... there is a picture of it in my profile, you just have to find my place
----
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water