Metal Storm logo
You know you're a metalhead when...

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 13.10.2006 - 23:38
Well, lately I've been thinking about what does you make you a metalhead.
Listening to the music? going to concerts? dressing metal clothes? some attitude?

I don't know if I can consider myself a metalhead because I do listen to a lot of bands of different genres: Gothic, Folk, Power, Symphonic, Industrial, Atmospheric, Doom, Black, Progressive and Gothenburg. But, I don't dress metal clothes, I listen to many other kinds of music, I've never been in a metal concert... So, just being a metal expert makes you a metalhead?
What do you think?
04.11.2006 - 17:29
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
But I meant sleep to, not wake up to, but like you said, waking up to some good metal is very refreshing
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
04.11.2006 - 19:41
Basso
Account deleted
You are a metalhead when you can crush stone by headbanging it.
23.11.2006 - 06:28
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
You know your a metalhead when the people around you tell you are the Devil, and they tell you not to eat them or their babies or sacrifice them. Also you have to power to tell them to fuck off and say metal is the best thing out there.
23.11.2006 - 06:45
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Immortal Plague on 23.11.2006 at 06:28

You know your a metalhead when the people around you tell you are the Devil, and they tell you not to eat them or their babies or sacrifice them. Also you have to power to tell them to fuck off and say metal is the best thing out there.

that's immaturity, not metal
24.11.2006 - 01:55
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Written by AntaeusM on 23.11.2006 at 06:45

Written by Immortal Plague on 23.11.2006 at 06:28

that's immaturity, not metal

It was a joke, do you know what one is? Cause you surely would of caught it if you did, and yes mabey it wasent funny, but it was sarcasm, and on a serious note you know your a metalhead when you will do just about anything for the music you enjoy to listen to, metal.
04.12.2006 - 04:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Your a metalhead when you pretty much live metal, even when you dont have the music playing you still have it running through your head, does anybody else get that? where your brain seems to make its own soundtrack? where youre just doing something really mundaine....like cooking your breakfast. Your just standing there frying some eggs when that switch in your head just turns on some slayer or some overkill or venom or something else that makes you feel badass, and all of a sudden your just like "yeah....im so cool". its a really hard feeling to explain/understand, but I bet there are some people out there who understand what im talking about.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.12.2006 - 17:45
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I understand what you mean, it happens to me too, I'm doing something normal and then metal starts to running through my head, when I'm watching some landscape, wheter in a picture or real life, that's when it happens the most and I feel so good...
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
06.12.2006 - 17:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock: For real dude...metal runs through my head like a soundtrack a lot...sometimes it won't even let me sleep...
@Immortal Plague: I always tell the emos to fuck off and that metal is better and will forever kick their asses...actually, more then just the emos...
07.12.2006 - 03:07
Conservationist
Dislike of morality, love of power and nature. That's metal.
07.12.2006 - 03:29
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
@Conservationist: No. I hate nature.

You know you're a metalhead when your head has the density to make a tree fall just by banging your head into it.
07.12.2006 - 06:48
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
You know you're a metalhead when you do your Junior year English paper on Human Waste by Suffocation and get a 100% A -- true story.

You know you're a metalhead when 10 patches on your denim and leather jacket still doesn't seem like enough.
07.12.2006 - 06:51
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
One more:

You know you're a metalhead when you spend so much money at the record store regularly that your parents think you have a drug problem.
07.12.2006 - 16:29
Sunioj
Written by [user id=641] on 07.12.2006 at 06:51

One more:

You know you're a metalhead when you spend so much money at the record store regularly that your parents think you have a drug problem.

O my god, thats so true. My parents would ask me where all my money goes to...I would forget that I buy metal all the time, but they think Im addicted to (heavy) drugs!
07.12.2006 - 19:04
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
haha that's awesome i thought it was jsut me
07.12.2006 - 19:35
RavenLord
Written by [user id=641] on 07.12.2006 at 06:48

You know you're a metalhead when you do your Junior year English paper on Human Waste by Suffocation and get a 100% A -- true story.

Do tell more. I used the similarities between Maiden's lyrics and contemporary poets most of my English War Poetry essay for GCSE, but I didn't directly mention them.
----
08.12.2006 - 02:10
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
I just did some BS review, my teacher doesn't listen to death metal so she couldn't really tell me it was wrong lol.
09.12.2006 - 01:19
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by [user id=5630] on 07.12.2006 at 03:29

Just curiosity, why don't you like nature?
----

Sensorium - Epica
09.12.2006 - 01:22
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by The Alchemist on 09.12.2006 at 01:19

Written by [user id=5630] on 07.12.2006 at 03:29

Just curiosity, why don't you like nature?

I was being sarcastic.
09.12.2006 - 11:48
Black_Handed
A village idiot
Written by Doc G. on 04.12.2006 at 04:21

Your a metalhead when you pretty much live metal, even when you dont have the music playing you still have it running through your head, does anybody else get that? where your brain seems to make its own soundtrack? where youre just doing something really mundaine....like cooking your breakfast. Your just standing there frying some eggs when that switch in your head just turns on some slayer or some overkill or venom or something else that makes you feel badass, and all of a sudden your just like "yeah....im so cool". its a really hard feeling to explain/understand, but I bet there are some people out there who understand what im talking about.

lol of course i do, it happens all day, i cant get metal from my head ). its like drifting out of reality, when you have a little pause you look around and ask yourself, if you are the same person that sat there five minutes before ). this is not good in school of course, but generaly it makes waiting and such much easier .

btw theres a metal programme (good one i must say) on czech music tv and guess what kind of intro/outro they have. a normal girl walks through a metal detector on some mid-to-south american border control and it goes all wacky. they take her for a strip search. when shes naked (no you cant actaully see that much, just her back or face) one of the customs officers tries a metal detector again around her head, its beeping again. he leans to her head and hears metal .

so i think most of the metalheads have music running in their heads all time (even designer of this intro/outro).
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
13.12.2006 - 07:04
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Yes, being an expert in metal and liking metal music can make a person a metalhead. Due to lack of money or time or frequent concerts, one may not be able to attend concerts and due to various reasons like (example, family's disapproval, or no access to such dress) one may be unable to dress up metal style. So, knowing and liking metal can make you a metalhead.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
13.12.2006 - 16:11
Sunioj
You know you are metalhead when you blow your voice out at a concert trying to sing along. Or how you get pissed off when everyone elses music is accessable at your local store, but not your favorite bands.
13.12.2006 - 17:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 13.12.2006 at 16:11

blow your voice out at a concert trying to sing along...pissed off when everyone elses music is accessable at your local store, but not your favorite bands.

That's me to a T...I always walk out of shows hoarse from growling or singing and I always get peaved when commercial music takes over the CD store but not the music I originally came in there for...
13.12.2006 - 17:54
jadawal
What makes you a metalhead? Just the attitude you have towards metal. If it makes the hair stand up on your neck...then your a metalhead.
13.12.2006 - 18:40
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Good points paganblood, Hellraizer and jadawal
----

Sensorium - Epica
14.12.2006 - 23:56
Lupas
Maximus
Well being considered a metalhead or not , it is not based on the dress you wear , nor the concert or long hair cause i have non of them. Being in a small island where most music scene around here is disco shity music and no big concert are orginized but only small gigs in a local bars .
For me , like most of you said, is when a song will run into your head in a particular moment of a day . Also the lyrics that most of the metal bands wrote is awesome and i like the diversity that each band have . I have been in this world for about 7yrs and i still remember some of the songs that use to listen. This is for me a metalhead
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
16.12.2006 - 11:28
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
You know you're a metalhead when you shave your pubes into the shape of your favourite metal country.
----
16.12.2006 - 17:11
..HumanError..
Account deleted
You know you're a metalhead when you realise you cant live without metal anymore.
17.12.2006 - 00:29
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Elijah on 16.12.2006 at 11:28

You know you're a metalhead when you shave your pubes into the shape of your favourite metal country.

You actually did that?....... wow.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
17.12.2006 - 05:25
morbid_freak
Account deleted
Can't describe it.. Oh i got one. You know your a metalhead when you sprain your neck from headbanging.
17.12.2006 - 13:42
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Metalheads know the technique not to sprain their necks when headbangign!