Metal Storm logo
Your Clothing Style(read first post)

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 16.09.2008 - 18:52
really simple question, which out of these do you prefer?

1. metalhead:

you all know this: band shirts, denim, black leather, metal, spikes, chains and of course the gloves of metal.. mostly not crackerjack clothes lmao.

2. gothic:

morbid, somber, mostly black stuff, jewelery, really long coats, huge black boots, generally what a vampire would dress like.

3. regular- regular, crackerjack clothes, the stuff most people would wear.

out of the list i choose regular as i don't wear my band shirts that often, and other than those i have no other accessory that links to metal music

i would have included more options but i know only very few people around here dress other than this. if it's not in those 3 categories, i put an "other" option but remember to still answer the question.

Poll

which?

regular
typical metalhead
other(SPECIFY GODDAMIT)
gothic

Total votes: 180
24.01.2011 - 02:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.01.2011 at 02:26

Written by [user id=4365] on 24.01.2011 at 02:24
It's just one of those things I would imagine people would regard as pretty cheesy. They are awesome tops though, I'm looking forward to them arriving in the post

Ive never seen any before, so I can't comment. Im sure you'll look quite fine in them anyways, not twattish. hehe

I'll let you judge (bear in mind I look absolutely nothing like the model i.e. not ginger)

http://www.attitudeclothing.co.uk/product_24416-105-1853_Raven-SDL---Octavius-Top.htm

and

http://www.attitudeclothing.co.uk/product_24414-105-1853_Raven-SDL---Cornelius-Shirt.htm
24.01.2011 - 02:33
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=4365] on 24.01.2011 at 02:27
I'll let you judge (bear in mind I look absolutely nothing like the model i.e. not ginger)

http://www.attitudeclothing.co.uk/product_24416-105-1853_Raven-SDL---Octavius-Top.htm

and

http://www.attitudeclothing.co.uk/product_24414-105-1853_Raven-SDL---Cornelius-Shirt.htm

Ah okay, I totally know that style of clothing now! You'd probably be lynched around here if you wore tops like that, but bear in my mind where I live is infested with neds (chavs), who probably have the worst dress sense in the world.

I myself, find nothing wrong with those tops at all. Im sure some idiots would take exception to them, but why would you want to take notice of fools like that? lol You'd actually probably not look cheesy in them, unlike the model! hehe
24.01.2011 - 02:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Aye, they aren't too wacky that I'd get beaten up here (hopefully not anyway) but they're interesting enough for me to be happy with. I'd probably only wear them to appropriate places, certainly not to certain pubs anyway. I rarely find clothes I like to be honest so I had to snap them up. Steampunk has always interested me. Not sure I'd ever go the whole distance and buy goggles and stuff like that. Well maybe, I dunno.
24.01.2011 - 02:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=4365] on 24.01.2011 at 02:36

Aye, they aren't too wacky that I'd get beaten up here (hopefully not anyway) but they're interesting enough for me to be happy with. I'd probably only wear them to appropriate places, certainly not to certain pubs anyway. I rarely find clothes I like to be honest so I had to snap them up. Steampunk has always interested me. Not sure I'd ever go the whole distance and buy goggles and stuff like that. Well maybe, I dunno.

It is awful that you could get beaten up in certain places just for wearing those tops, but I guess that's just the world (and more specifically, the country) we live in I guess. I certainly feel very isolated living here...

I rarely buy clothes, which some people might find weird for a woman, but I dont think I suit most types of clothes. lol Hmm.. if you wanted to get the goggles, you should go for it. Though I can see why you might feel apprehensive about doing so.
24.01.2011 - 04:13
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.01.2011 at 02:44

I rarely buy clothes, which some people might find weird for a woman, but I dont think I suit most types of clothes. lol

By saying that you made me remember a joke that I've heard like a dozen of times in the past few weeks: "Hey, girl, that dress doesn't suit you at all. Can you take it off?"

Sorry about that, I do get that this is not the joke thread.
24.01.2011 - 04:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
That's one of the great things about Brighton, I can wear what the hell I like and nobody really cares. I went back to Canterbury over Xmas and felt pretty exposed and unsafe wearing New Rocks. You should come and live here ^_^
24.01.2011 - 08:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=4365] on 24.01.2011 at 04:41

That's one of the great things about Brighton, I can wear what the hell I like and nobody really cares. I went back to Canterbury over Xmas and felt pretty exposed and unsafe wearing New Rocks. You should come and live here ^_^

You were wearing New Rocks? Okay, that's something else Ive never heard of! hehe

Yes I should! How easy was it for you to set up a move to Brighton? I really want to get out of this place, but at the moment it's difficult to see how I could go about it.
24.01.2011 - 13:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.01.2011 at 08:00

You were wearing New Rocks? Okay, that's something else Ive never heard of! hehe

Yes I should! How easy was it for you to set up a move to Brighton? I really want to get out of this place, but at the moment it's difficult to see how I could go about it.

Oh sorry, these things: http://is02.thegumtree.com/image/big/26138514.jpg

Well I had the advantage of living in student halls so I didn't have to worry about looking for a place. I guess the problem would be the travelling down to view places, it's a bit of a trek for you. I could try to find some websites that advertise places to live if you'd like though?
24.01.2011 - 18:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=4365] on 24.01.2011 at 13:45

Well I had the advantage of living in student halls so I didn't have to worry about looking for a place. I guess the problem would be the travelling down to view places, it's a bit of a trek for you. I could try to find some websites that advertise places to live if you'd like though?

Hey, nice boots! hehe

Yes, not knowing anyone living there, and not having a lot of money makes the prospect of moving there (or to any decent place really) very difficult for me.

That'd be awesome, yes I would like that, thank you. xD
24.01.2011 - 19:45
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.01.2011 at 18:48

Written by [user id=4365] on 24.01.2011 at 13:45

Hey, nice boots! hehe

Yes, not knowing anyone living there, and not having a lot of money makes the prospect of moving there (or to any decent place really) very difficult for me.

That'd be awesome, yes I would like that, thank you. xD

If you wanna have military style boots you should by military boots...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
25.01.2011 - 05:03
Until the End
Band t-shirt, mainly with a plain longsleeve t-shirt underneath. Black, baggy jeans for comfort. Plain, black, old school style motorcycle boots or if I'm after comfort then a pair of black trainers. Band hoodie when required (Bloodbath or Soulfallen).
25.01.2011 - 12:05
Gurth Bennas
Here in Iran, we can't dress in metalheads style. so I have to dress in regular style.
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
25.01.2011 - 12:47
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Gurth Bennas on 25.01.2011 at 12:05

Here in Iran, we can't dress in metalheads style. so I have to dress in regular style.

It must suck to like metal music and live in Iran..
25.01.2011 - 12:52
Gurth Bennas
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.01.2011 at 12:47

It must suck to like metal music and live in Iran..

yes. exactly. they'll call you satanist if you like metal.
----

25.01.2011 - 19:36
akvan

Yeah... , I voted regular because we can't wear a metal style cloth
----
Think about it . Every generation gets some new frontier to tackle . Einstein got relativity , The Nasa cowboys got the moon . All the easy stuff is taken , Artificial consciousness is the next frontier !
26.01.2011 - 03:35
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
I must say that that was not the best example of goth fashion. I hope.

Anyways, I normally glad myself in regular garb, but all things black.
26.01.2011 - 14:21
Luneth
Account deleted
If armour was sold regularly, I'd be more than willing to put on some chain mail, a helmet and equip myself with two broadswords :p
26.01.2011 - 17:47
ANGEL REAPER
Written by [user id=107773] on 26.01.2011 at 14:21

If armour was sold regularly, I'd be more than willing to put on some chain mail, a helmet and equip myself with two broadswords :p

The epic sequel to 101 Rules of power metal:
72. You don't have a fan club, you have an army.
73. No, seriously. They've all got swords, too.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
26.01.2011 - 18:16
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 26.01.2011 at 17:47

Written by [user id=107773] on 26.01.2011 at 14:21

The epic sequel to 101 Rules of power metal:
72. You don't have a fan club, you have an army.
73. No, seriously. They've all got swords, too.

Lool, yeah I've seen that site too haha. The part about Manowar is fucking hilarious.
26.01.2011 - 19:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Before Fuking revolution I saw old pics it was IMo Iranian football team, some men have a jeans , leatther jackets and lil longer hair(70's standart long)
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.01.2011 - 20:22
Gurth Bennas
Written by Bad English on 26.01.2011 at 19:43

Before Fuking revolution I saw old pics it was IMo Iranian football team, some men have a jeans , leatther jackets and lil longer hair(70's standart long)

but there were fucking limits too before fucking revolution! Iranians always were limited!
----

26.01.2011 - 20:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Blame islam man
----

26.01.2011 - 21:17
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.01.2011 at 20:35

Blame islam man

Blame those in power more like ¬¬
26.01.2011 - 21:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=107773] on 26.01.2011 at 21:17

Blame islam man

50's dressing even 70's was still evcen in west more suit and polite ,
----

26.01.2011 - 21:32
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.01.2011 at 21:19

Written by [user id=107773] on 26.01.2011 at 21:17

Blame islam man

50's dressing even 70's was still evcen in west more suit and polite ,

Lol, I wouldn't know, I was born in '91. All I can say for certain is, religion isn't what's suppressing people, people are suppressing people.
26.01.2011 - 21:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well Western Europe are more free, metal, goth, whatever are accepted herer, 70's punks n skin heads makes sociaty anhry even whot clothing, nowdays there no way how you can do ut whit cloths
----

26.01.2011 - 21:42
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.01.2011 at 21:34

Well Western Europe are more free, metal, goth, whatever are accepted herer, 70's punks n skin heads makes sociaty anhry even whot clothing, nowdays there no way how you can do ut whit cloths

That's questionable man, for such 'enlightened' people, we are incredibly backwards. But in terms of small things like clothing and metal, sure, we're slightly more liberal, but there's still prejudice surrounding these things.
26.01.2011 - 23:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=107773] on 26.01.2011 at 21:42
That's questionable man, for such 'enlightened' people, we are incredibly backwards. But in terms of small things like clothing and metal, sure, we're slightly more liberal, but there's still prejudice surrounding these things.

In the UK at least, there definitely is still prejudice surrounding issues like clothing and metal. Especially if you happen to live in an area infested with chavs. (or neds where I live) Which if you happen to live in an urban/inner city area, the chances of that are being the case are high. Its certainly not unheard of for people in this country to be beaten up (or even worse) just for liking goth/metal and dressing in an "alternative" way. The prejudice might not be government sanctioned, like it is in some middle eastern countries, but there is still prejudice in our general society regarding those things.
26.01.2011 - 23:13
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.01.2011 at 23:00

Written by [user id=107773] on 26.01.2011 at 21:42

In the UK at least, there definitely is still prejudice surrounding issues like clothing and metal. Especially if you happen to live in an area infested with chavs. (or neds where I live) Which if you happen to live in an urban/inner city area, the chances of that are being the case are high. Its certainly not unheard of for people in this country to be beaten up (or even worse) just for liking goth/metal and dressing in an "alternative" way. The prejudice might not be government sanctioned, like it is in some middle eastern countries, but there is still prejudice in our general society regarding those things.

People in the inner city are more tolerant, for want of a better word, when it comes to the mavericks of society, well they gotta be, you can lose your job for having opinions these days :p
26.01.2011 - 23:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=107773] on 26.01.2011 at 23:13
People in the inner city are more tolerant, for want of a better word, when it comes to the mavericks of society, well they gotta be, you can lose your job for having opinions these days :p

In my personal experience at least, that is not true. Also, most of the random attacks on "alternative people" seem to be in areas with a rife yob/chav/hoodie culture. I seem to recall a couple of years ago, a girl was killed purely because she was dressed in goth style clothes. (her boyfriend was also attacked, but he survived)