Metal Storm logo
You know you're a metalhead when...

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 13.10.2006 - 23:38
Well, lately I've been thinking about what does you make you a metalhead.
Listening to the music? going to concerts? dressing metal clothes? some attitude?

I don't know if I can consider myself a metalhead because I do listen to a lot of bands of different genres: Gothic, Folk, Power, Symphonic, Industrial, Atmospheric, Doom, Black, Progressive and Gothenburg. But, I don't dress metal clothes, I listen to many other kinds of music, I've never been in a metal concert... So, just being a metal expert makes you a metalhead?
What do you think?
04.10.2007 - 09:59
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by [user id=12867] on 25.09.2007 at 09:35

Written by [user id=19866] on 24.09.2007 at 21:24

You are a metalhead whwn you put on Reign in Blood first thing in the morning.

Hahaha, I know I certainly go, gets me pumped before starting work

Same here. Plus a litte Extreme Aggression is also a great way to start your day^^
----
THRASH!!!
05.10.2007 - 17:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
When you go in the subway and can't help but headbang to "master of puppets" even though everybody's staring at you
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.10.2007 - 00:48
Varegan
Hamranakara
if you want to know what metal really is!?!?! you MUST go to a metal concert with metal clothes.thats not funny if you sit on your fat ass in home and listen to a recorded music for 1000 time without banging your head and jumping up and down. there is no live metal band in Iran so i have to go to a concert in my dreams
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
07.10.2007 - 21:29
Woutjinho
Account deleted
you know you're a metalhead when...

this is your toilet paper

09.10.2007 - 01:20
Ellie
Account deleted
You know youre a metalhead when people start telling you that you are made of steel.
09.10.2007 - 02:59
Kharn
Account deleted
Written by Hembrom on 25.09.2007 at 09:21

Written by [user id=19866] on 24.09.2007 at 21:24

You are a metalhead whwn you put on Reign in Blood first thing in the morning.

Oh i dont play Reign in Blood in the morning

Yeah...i used to listen to it on the way to school. I get up and listen to a bit of clutch. it's a groove i like with my cup o tea

Just having passion for the music makes you a metal head...you dont need to know every band in the world or need to be able to play lightning speed solos.
09.10.2007 - 07:50
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by [user id=26136] on 07.10.2007 at 21:29

you know you're a metalhead when...

this is your toilet paper

ZMFG.

04.11.2007 - 00:20
NaittsirK
You are a metalhead when you realize that metal is not only music....however it is also a feeling:)
----
Between two worlds I am quested not to be...
04.11.2007 - 08:52
Emo Eater
Account deleted
You know you're a metalhead when you realise how much Pop, Rap, Emo, Techno and all that other shit on the radio sucks.
Radio music sucks.
It sucks ass from a straw
05.11.2007 - 00:10
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
MetalHead Checklist

Do you get laid a lot ?
Would people throw $100 out the window to keep you from getting ticked off ?
Do emoes, preps and other annoying cliques run away the moment they see you ?
Do you like moshing at concerts?

If you answered yes to any of these then you are indeed a metalhead .
05.11.2007 - 02:58
Sunioj
You know your a metalhead when people ask you to turn down your earphones. I got this quite a few times...
07.11.2007 - 03:47
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
you know you're a metalhead when somebody asks you to do harsh vocals and you take a shit on the mike.
07.11.2007 - 04:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=19092] on 05.11.2007 at 00:10

Yeah I used to think this way back when I was in grade 10, I thought I was hot shit because I was a metalhead and not a prep. But now that Im out of high school and I bump into prep/emo types i used to make fun of in high school I realise how childish that mentality was, and usually have pleasant conversations with these people, a few friendships I couldve had back in high school but was to proud to be associated with certain crowds.....as cheesey as that sounds I just had to say something because it reminded me so much of my mentality 3-4 years ago. The only real difference between us and the preps is for the most part we dont listen to shitty music/wear stupid clothing and they dont really analyze themselves as much as we do.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.11.2007 - 08:56
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 05.11.2007 at 02:58

You know your a metalhead when people ask you to turn down your earphones. I got this quite a few times...

Or people move away from you in public because of the music (I get THIS often )
08.11.2007 - 03:53
Torture Killer
Account deleted
If you have no problem with yelling "Fuckin' Slayer" at the top of your lungs, you might be a metalhead

If your hair is longer than your girlfriend's, you might be a metalhead
08.11.2007 - 11:45
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by [user id=24315] on 08.11.2007 at 03:53

If you have no problem with yelling "Fuckin' Slayer" at the top of your lungs, you might be a metalhead

If your hair is longer than your girlfriend's, you might be a metalhead

Guess I'm a metalhead then
----
THRASH!!!
08.11.2007 - 12:10
Øyvind
Grave Digger
You're a metalhead if you are a member on Metalstorm.ee And when people give you odd looks when they hear e.g. Bathory buzzing from your headphones.
----
18.11.2007 - 06:02
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 07.11.2007 at 04:28

Written by [user id=19092] on 05.11.2007 at 00:10

Yeah I used to think this way back when I was in grade 10, I thought I was hot shit because I was a metalhead and not a prep. But now that Im out of high school and I bump into prep/emo types i used to make fun of in high school I realise how childish that mentality was, and usually have pleasant conversations with these people, a few friendships I couldve had back in high school but was to proud to be associated with certain crowds.....as cheesey as that sounds I just had to say something because it reminded me so much of my mentality 3-4 years ago. The only real difference between us and the preps is for the most part we dont listen to shitty music/wear stupid clothing and they dont really analyze themselves as much as we do.

I really don't think like that, the whole thing I said was pretty much a joke (though I do know Metalheads in my school that those things apply to). There are some punk and Metal head groups in my school that act in that way but i'm for sure not one of them. My best friends are ginos, O.G.s and preps lol. I'm the only one of of my friends that likes music that actually includes guitars but it doesn't matter to me. You're totally right though, and thanks for the heads up about high school. Saddly there's this Metal Head group that hate anyone that doesn't like metal, and they try to get me to ditch my friends and stuff lol, it's really sad to see the people that listen to your music acting like that .
26.11.2007 - 18:57
Lord TJ
You know your a metalhead when you take a giant battle axe to your job singing, "Blood Of The Kings"!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
30.11.2007 - 12:12
Jewel Throne
Account deleted
Written by NaittsirK on 04.11.2007 at 00:20

You are a metalhead when you realize that metal is not only music....however it is also a feeling:)

This would be my answer as well actually. You get that special feeling when you hear a new band/song which really kicks ass. The older CDs, can still get you pumped up or into whichever emotion the CD desires.

I must disagree with the notion that to be a metalhead you can only listen to metal, I personally listen to quite a few other genres from 70's pop to disco depending on my mood. But metal is the passion.
02.12.2007 - 00:28
Carrion
Account deleted
Couple of days ago I started thinking the term metalhead in general. Turned out that I don't really consider myself as one, more like a person who listens and supports mainly metalbands. Then I thought that what the hell was the difference anyway. Isn't a metalhead allowed to listen other music also than metal? Isn't he/she allowed to wear other than black clothes if he/she wants? Well of course not. So after thinking even more (gosh it hurts), I thought that maybe I subconcsiously fear the boundaries between metalheads and people that are not. Then I decided that I'm nothing more than a person who does what he wants and doesn't give a crap what everyone else think. And after this conclusion I stopped confusing my tiny mind even more.
02.12.2007 - 16:11
FOOCK Nam
Written by [user id=13894] on 02.12.2007 at 00:28

Couple of days ago I started thinking the term metalhead in general. Turned out that I don't really consider myself as one, more like a person who listens and supports mainly metalbands. Then I thought that what the hell was the difference anyway. Isn't a metalhead allowed to listen other music also than metal? Isn't he/she allowed to wear other than black clothes if he/she wants? Well of course not. So after thinking even more (gosh it hurts), I thought that maybe I subconcsiously fear the boundaries between metalheads and people that are not. Then I decided that I'm nothing more than a person who does what he wants and doesn't give a crap what everyone else think. And after this conclusion I stopped confusing my tiny mind even more.

Good inner struggle
13.12.2007 - 16:16
Philaenas
Account deleted
Written by [user id=13894] on 02.12.2007 at 00:28

This does somewhat resemble my situation at the moment .

And you know you're a metalhead when you study statistical thermodynamics to Opeth .
13.12.2007 - 18:20
Bash'
:)
You're a metalhead when you lisnten for the style you found out the best fits your ears than other styles in metal
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
14.12.2007 - 03:30
ArcanaHereticae
You know you're a Metalhead when you begin introducing people that you are 100% sure do not like Metal music new bands you hear or your favorite songs.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
14.12.2007 - 11:27
Woutjinho
Account deleted
explain... you introduce yourself and say you dont like metal makes you a metalhead?
:S
14.12.2007 - 13:39
Xaphiris
He means you're a metalhead when you keep trying to introduce people to metal, new bands, favorite songs and such, even though you are 100% sure that they don't like it.
----
16.12.2007 - 08:16
slayer_pwns
Account deleted
You know youre a metalhead when you wear corpse paint to picture day
20.12.2007 - 09:28
b0000mst1ck
Written by ArcanaHereticae on 14.12.2007 at 03:30

You know you're a Metalhead when you begin introducing people that you are 100% sure do not like Metal music new bands you hear or your favorite songs.

Quote:
He means you're a metalhead when you keep trying to introduce people to metal, new bands, favorite songs and such, even though you are 100% sure that they don't like it.

i do that all the time. especially when i know they're trapped and can't get away from it, like when we're in my car.
21.12.2007 - 19:20
ArcanaHereticae
Written by b0000mst1ck on 20.12.2007 at 09:28

Written by ArcanaHereticae on 14.12.2007 at 03:30

Quote:

i do that all the time. especially when i know they're trapped and can't get away from it, like when we're in my car.

Haha. Exactly. WHen my aunt or someone like that is in my car I'm like... "Have you ever heard of Yyrkoon?"
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.