Metal Storm logo
Dutch And Belgian Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Marcel Hubregtse, 17.05.2006 - 11:44
This thread is to discuss life in the Lowlands (both for the Cheeseheads and the Masters Of Beer) and anything else on the midns of you Lowlanders and people interested in the Lowlands.
26.04.2008 - 15:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Bad English on 26.04.2008 at 13:43

I hear in news that ned gourement ban and forrbid Hells Angels Motorcicling Club I understand that thay are now outlaws, but didnt get why

What did those guys done?

EDDIT: also there gonna be forbidden some kind of drugs if yes its cool

About the drugs, I think you're talking about Magic Mushrooms. Not sure if they are going to be forbidden, or not, or are already forbidden. In my opinion, they have no reason to ban them, so I want them legal.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.04.2008 - 15:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 26.04.2008 at 15:23

Written by Bad English on 26.04.2008 at 13:43

I hear in news that ned gourement ban and forrbid Hells Angels Motorcicling Club I understand that thay are now outlaws, but didnt get why

What did those guys done?

EDDIT: also there gonna be forbidden some kind of drugs if yes its cool

About the drugs, I think you're talking about Magic Mushrooms. Not sure if they are going to be forbidden, or not, or are already forbidden. In my opinion, they have no reason to ban them, so I want them legal.

Ehh drugs sucks it shood be forbidden all kidn a drugs, Im more curiuss what BVN news sad about HA

Man is it true there's such space cace, where are also drugs, its like norml cace but full whit drugs?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.04.2008 - 15:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Bad English on 26.04.2008 at 15:38

Ehh drugs sucks it shood be forbidden all kidn a drugs, Im more curiuss what BVN news sad about HA

Man is it true there's such space cace, where are also drugs, its like norml cace but full whit drugs?

Yeah, space cake is a slice of cake with weed in it. It is not available in normal supermarkets though, you shouldn't think that.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.04.2008 - 16:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ehhh I brefere whisky cace
----

apos;'
[image]
10.06.2008 - 14:31
VPeter
still our drug use rate is lower then that of the USA
10.06.2008 - 14:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by VPeter on 10.06.2008 at 14:31

still our drug use rate is lower then that of the USA

Your drug are diferent, thats not crime, people dont kill it, only enjo, use, call what you want, but USA its more kill get money, get drugs and get killed, there like enjoy booze , its diferent
----

apos;'
[image]
16.06.2008 - 00:52
VPeter
still I am against hard drugs, I have allready seen what it can do.
16.06.2008 - 01:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by VPeter on 16.06.2008 at 00:52

me to and hard drugs are forbidden ewery where
----

apos;'
[image]
16.06.2008 - 20:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 16.06.2008 at 01:57

No they are not because alcohol is a hard drug but not forbidden in most countries
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.06.2008 - 20:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.06.2008 at 20:21

Written by Bad English on 16.06.2008 at 01:57

No they are not because alcohol is a hard drug but not forbidden in most countries

I mean such drugs like heroin and cocain and others and alcohol dont make such addition like cocain IMO but since I use alcohol but dont use other drugs I dont know how it is
----

apos;'
[image]
25.06.2008 - 01:13
VPeter
to the fellow dutchies here, which CD store do you go to for your Metal?
I shop at Session 38 a great store in Ede.
25.06.2008 - 14:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by VPeter on 25.06.2008 at 01:13

It has been dis-order for about 1.5 year for me. I used to order around 40 euro's there each month or each two weeks.
----

30.06.2008 - 13:53
VPeter
Written by Lucas on 25.06.2008 at 14:00

Written by VPeter on 25.06.2008 at 01:13

It has been dis-order for about 1.5 year for me. I used to order around 40 euro's there each month or each two weeks.

even tough I know that site for some years, I never botherd ordering. the site seems to contain black metal mostly, but maybe ordering from them soon since they got a lot of cool Doom.
29.09.2008 - 23:34
Hyvaarin
HEY DUTCH PEOPLE!

I'm gonna try and get to Amsterdam in the mid-semester uni break. Anyone have any recommendations? Or even wanna organise an MS meet-up?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
30.09.2008 - 14:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Hyvaarin on 29.09.2008 at 23:34

HEY DUTCH PEOPLE!

I'm gonna try and get to Amsterdam in the mid-semester uni break. Anyone have any recommendations? Or even wanna organise an MS meet-up?

Amsterdam for the weed or not? It might be fun, but also time consuming. I'm not too much of an expert about Amsterdam, but you might want to check out Fame, a recordstore which has a pretty large metal-section. Haven't been there in perhaps a year though, so I'm not sure about the quality of their selection these days.

Perhaps Madame Tussauds for the wax statues, if you're into that. Or something more/less cultural?

When are you going to be there exactly? I might be able to come over, preferably in the weekends.
----

30.09.2008 - 16:24
Hyvaarin
Written by Lucas on 30.09.2008 at 14:25

Written by Hyvaarin on 29.09.2008 at 23:34

HEY DUTCH PEOPLE!

Amsterdam for the weed or not? It might be fun, but also time consuming. I'm not too much of an expert about Amsterdam, but you might want to check out Fame, a recordstore which has a pretty large metal-section. Haven't been there in perhaps a year though, so I'm not sure about the quality of their selection these days.

Perhaps Madame Tussauds for the wax statues, if you're into that. Or something more/less cultural?

When are you going to be there exactly? I might be able to come over, preferably in the weekends.

Yeah it's probably 60% for the weed, 40% for general exploration haha. Thanks for the Fame tip, definitely gonna tr to check it out - record stores here in France aren't too good for metal.

Not sure about the exact dates, but I have a feeeeeeeling it'll be the weekend after this next one, or maybe the one after. Would be sweet to meet up dude!
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
30.09.2008 - 17:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
If I'm correct those are the beginning and ending weekends of my holiday. I can't promise, but I'll probably be able to meet you then. I can travel duty-free in the weekends anyway.

I'll probably meet you after you take your dosage of weed though, cause I don't smoke (anymore).
----

09.02.2009 - 21:58
Dest
Hey guys, just joined this forum and noticed a Dutch thread, awesome

Concerning the question of stores to buy CD's, I usually go to the Sounds in Rotterdam. They have a major collection of all Metalstyles.
They used to have a Metal Basement as well, but they had to close it unfortunatly. Great place to hang out and listen to music.

I also look for CD's on dis-order, mainly for the many Doom bands you can find on it. Also I'm a huge fan of Millennium Records, amazing collection, great prices and cool people. Most of you probably know them from concerts and festivals, probably.
10.02.2009 - 13:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dest on 09.02.2009 at 21:58

I also look for CD's on dis-order, mainly for the many Doom bands you can find on it. Also I'm a huge fan of Millennium Records, amazing collection, great prices and cool people. Most of you probably know them from concerts and festivals, probably.

I actually know Eddy and Alois of Millennium since 1983. They are from the same town as me and Eddy's sister was a classmate of mine at the time. But of course I bump into Millennium Records at concerts and cd/vinyl fairs.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.02.2009 - 20:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yep, I vaguely know Eddy as well. Met him at Ashes to Ashes, Dutch Doom Days and Sigur Ros last year.
----

10.02.2009 - 21:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 10.02.2009 at 20:36

Yep, I vaguely know Eddy as well. Met him at Ashes to Ashes, Dutch Doom Days and Sigur Ros last year.

Didn't Eddy help you out in some way after Ashes to Ashes?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.02.2009 - 21:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.02.2009 at 21:31

Written by Lucas on 10.02.2009 at 20:36

Didn't Eddy help you out in some way after Ashes to Ashes?

No, there was this random Tilburger guy that helped the both of us out. I met Eddy and that man, who was on a nightwalk and who I eternally thank, while I was trying to find my way to the house of one of my dad's friends. He first brought Eddy to his car and then he walked me halfway to that house.
----

11.02.2009 - 00:12
Dest
Lol!
Sounds like good times eh
17.09.2009 - 16:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I hear in news 2 South Ned towns banned Marihuana smoking in caffes, and one town name is Bergen seems there 2 Bergen's in this world
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2009 - 20:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Bad English on 17.09.2009 at 16:03

I hear in news 2 South Ned towns banned Marihuana smoking in caffes, and one town name is Bergen seems there 2 Bergen's in this world

Yeah, the towns Roosendaal and Bergen Op Zoom (full name) have probihited the sale of weed in the 'weed bars'. There was too much 'drug tourism' (mainly people from Belgium crossing the border to get weed).

Quite a ridiculous solution in my opinion. Why should we care about what belgians buy in our country? We have our law, they have theirs. Better border is what should happen here (but that probably is way to expansive).

Or just a general legalizition of weed.
----

17.09.2009 - 20:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 17.09.2009 at 20:11

Yeah, the towns Roosendaal and Bergen Op Zoom (full name) have probihited the sale of weed in the 'weed bars'. There was too much 'drug tourism' (mainly people from Belgium crossing the border to get weed).

Quite a ridiculous solution in my opinion. Why should we care about what belgians buy in our country? We have our law, they have theirs. Better border is what should happen here (but that probably is way to expansive).

Well any tourist who comes is good man, I cant say since I havnt been there but name Bergen well real Bergen is in Norway bigger n Famose Immortal comes from there or maybe real is in Ned
----

apos;'
[image]
18.09.2009 - 14:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

Actually the French drug toruists are even a bigger problem. Problem is they cause a lot of nuisance.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2009 - 14:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 17.09.2009 at 20:13

Well any tourist who comes is good man, I cant say since I havnt been there but name Bergen well real Bergen is in Norway bigger n Famose Immortal comes from there or maybe real is in Ned

There s a REAL Bergen in The Netherlands and it is in the rpovince of North Holland.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.11.2009 - 22:31
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Any Belgians here from Bruges? Just spent a long weekend there after being inspired to go after watching the film "In Bruges", fantastic city!
----
This is an outrage...
12.11.2009 - 22:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Tony Harrison on 12.11.2009 at 22:31

Any Belgians here from Bruges? Just spent a long weekend there after being inspired to go after watching the film "In Bruges", fantastic city!

I find Bruges to be way too touristy.

Btw, dismaleuphony stayed there a couple of days last October.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996