Metal Storm logo
Another US metal thread...

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 17.05.2006 - 16:01
I've started this thread as the old thread got deleted with the new site.

This is a thread about bands like: Manilla Road, Agent Steel, Jag Panzer, Cirith Ungol, Circle II Circle, Whilplash, Forbidden, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Catch 22, Imagika, Hammers of Misfortune, Liege Lord, Apollo Ra, Pharoh, Q5, Crimson Glory, etc.

I've got the Beyond Fear album and I can say it's one hell of an album, if you into old school heavy metal, but with an up to date sound you've got to deffenetly get it.

What do you thing of Midnight's return to Crimson Glory? Any expectations?

Any news from the Agent Steel camp?
19.04.2007 - 15:57
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Some Lààz Rockit news:

Two video clips of San Francisco Bay Area Metallers Laaz Rockit performing on Friday, April 13 at Dynamo club in Eindhoven, The Netherlands have been posted online at YouTube:

'Last Breath': Video
'Euroshima: Video

"City's Gonna Burn", the first reissue of the Laaz Rockit back catalog, is due on May 14 through OSM Records.
All songs were remastered by Colin Davis at Imperial Mastering. The CD art has been updated by Mark DeVito of MetalBabies.com.
"City's Gonna Burn" was originally released in 1984 via Target.

The CD will include the following finalized tracklisting:
01. City's Gonna Burn
02. Caught In The Act
03. Take No Prisoners
04. Dead Man's Eye
05. Forced To Fight
06. Silent Scream
07. Prelude
08. Something More

Bonus Tracks:
09. Prelude To Death
10. Black Leather
11. Silent Scream

A trailer for the "Live Untold" DVD has been posted online at this location. Check out the DVD artwork by clicking here. "Live Untold" was produced by Ace Cook and was released on August 15, 2006 via Old School Metal Records.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
21.04.2007 - 00:55
there are a lot of good thrash/heavy metal type bands from the us, but for some reason there haven't been many good power metal bands from here. just about every other country in the world has bomb power metal bands, why not us? there are bands trying to change that, but there isn't as big of a market for it, which makes it hard.
----
The rarer action is in virtue than in vengeance.
21.04.2007 - 15:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by thedreamwalker on 21.04.2007 at 00:55

there are a lot of good thrash/heavy metal type bands from the us, but for some reason there haven't been many good power metal bands from here. just about every other country in the world has bomb power metal bands, why not us? there are bands trying to change that, but there isn't as big of a market for it, which makes it hard.

There are loads of great US power metal bands just check out this thread. Let's see a couple of good ones off the top of my head: Helstar, Ravensthorn, Jag Panzer, Hexx, Manilla Road, Agent Steel, Cirith Ungol, Circle II Circle, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Catch 22, Imagika, Hammers of Misfortune, Liege Lord, Apollo Ra, Pharoh, Q5, Crimson Glory.
Okay if you're into european happy happy joy joy flowery power metal then the US is not the place to search for those sorts of bands (and thank God for that)
And the US brand of power is very very close to thrash and thank god for that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.04.2007 - 19:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.04.2007 at 15:02

There are loads of great US power metal bands just check out this thread. Let's see a couple of good ones off the top of my head: Helstar, Ravensthorn, Jag Panzer, Hexx, Manilla Road, Agent Steel, Cirith Ungol, Circle II Circle, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Catch 22, Imagika, Hammers of Misfortune, Liege Lord, Apollo Ra, Pharoh, Q5, Crimson Glory.
Okay if you're into european happy happy joy joy flowery power metal then the US is not the place to search for those sorts of bands (and thank God for that)

Liege Lord are awsome man realy awsome also Canadian band Savage Steel but IMO he think such type of band slike Rhapsody of hammer of Fire and Salamadra, Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, Heavenly you know Euro fower Metal ... well sometimes i think only band who fall out are Hammerfall
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.04.2007 - 02:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

Yeah, I agree. However, since Dragonforce is becoming very popular over here, I'm worried that there will be a wave of flowery power metal coming from the USA in the near future.
22.04.2007 - 10:48
Hellish Star
Written by Dangerboner on 22.04.2007 at 02:18

Yeah, I agree. However, since Dragonforce is becoming very popular over here, I'm worried that there will be a wave of flowery power metal coming from the USA in the near future.

I think there's a new wave of US metal right now... Look how many bands will release a new of their first album:
Sacred Oath
Tempest Reign
Mindwarp Chamber
Amulance
Catch 22
K-Octave
A Lower Deep
Cypher Seer
Myhtiasin
Agent Steel
Attacker
Helstar
Steel Prophet
Toxik (?)
Lethal (?)
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
22.04.2007 - 12:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

I realy doubt about it ... but we know Dragoforce are cheesy, but how cheesy can be coppy bands who coppy dragomforec but I realy doubt because Power metal IMO in USA stilll pl will play heavy, thrash, death, black, something from doom and try to strat play folk/viking more how flower

What you think about band ASKA?
----

22.04.2007 - 13:40
Hellish Star
Aska is great. "Avenger" is an outstanding album...
----

22.04.2007 - 15:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 22.04.2007 at 13:40

Yes I agree first 2 albums are good wery good quality speed/power band
----

22.04.2007 - 18:53
Hellish Star
Written by Bad English on 22.04.2007 at 15:34

First two? I never heard them, impossible to find... I own "Nine tongues" and "Avenger"

BTW: another great band: 7th Reign (ex Eidolon). Check www.myspace.com/7threign
----

22.04.2007 - 19:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 22.04.2007 at 18:53

Written by Bad English on 22.04.2007 at 15:34

First two? I never heard them, impossible to find... I own "Nine tongues" and "Avenger"

BTW: another great band: 7th Reign (ex Eidolon). Check www.myspace.com/7threign

I had hear band 3 albums, my friend has tape, coppy verse but band invite me in myspace thats why I remeber them but original records I dont know where its posible get them, I can ask my friend when he coms beck from UK he maybe can somehow rip it to CD bTW he has Manilla Road original viny hahah dunno how he get it and how such thinks come here when was fcuken ussr he also has X-Crete tape you know that band from Belgium?

Nop my freind Brothers RIP who was in your age owns those tapes and metal colection from 70, 89. 90 ties and its one more reasen why Im in such metal
----

23.04.2007 - 00:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Hellish Star on 22.04.2007 at 10:48

I think there's a new wave of US metal right now... Look how many bands will release a new of their first album:
Sacred Oath
Tempest Reign
Mindwarp Chamber
Amulance
Catch 22
K-Octave
A Lower Deep
Cypher Seer
Myhtiasin
Agent Steel
Attacker
Helstar
Steel Prophet
Toxik (?)
Lethal (?)

No, when I said that I was talking about bands like Rhapsody and Dragonforce because I'm worried that the gay type of power metal is going to start coming from the USA. I'm definitely fine with Agent Steel, Helstar, Toxic, and Steel Prophet.

Oh, and I'm wondering, is Jag Panzer releasing a new album this year? Chris Broderick is such an underrated guitarist. I saw him live with Nevermore and the dude blew my mind.
25.04.2007 - 19:15
Hellish Star
JAG PANZER and MANILLA ROAD are among the confirmed bands for the Keep It True X festival, set to take place April 5, 2008 at Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

JAG PANZER (USA)
MANILLA ROAD (USA)
PHARAOH (USA)
CRESCENT SHIELD (USA)
BATTLE RAM (ITA)

Five more bands, including one more co-headliner, will be announced.

A warm-up show will take place on April 4 at Sporthalle in Dittigheim, Germany, featuring HELSTAR and ATTACKER, among others.

Tickets will go on sale at the Keep In True IX festival in November.

For more information, visit www.keep-it-true.de.

----

25.04.2007 - 19:24
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
* Reads this... One hell of a warm up for sure..
* Reserves a spot in Hellish Star's car

Is there already something know for Keep In True IX festival in November then?
----
25.04.2007 - 19:26
Hellish Star
Written by Thryce on 25.04.2007 at 19:24

* Reads this... One hell of a warm up for sure..
* Reserves a spot in Hellish Star's car

Is there already something know for Keep In True IX festival in November then?

If you want a place, can be possible (probably we'll drive with two cars). I go in november as well because of Leatherwolf, Toxik and Sacred Oath!!!!

I received a message from James Rivera and he has no clue about beïng on this festival with Helstar...
----

25.04.2007 - 19:48
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Hellish Star on 25.04.2007 at 19:26

If you want a place, can be possible (probably we'll drive with two cars). I go in november as well because of Leatherwolf, Toxik and Sacred Oath!!!!

I just read on the website KIT 9 is already sold out.. bummer.
Anyway here's the event link for KIT 9.

KIT X Event links:
KIT X - Warm-Up Show
KIT X
----
02.05.2007 - 18:41
Hellish Star
Brent (guitar) from Manifest Destiny has passed away yesterday. He has lost the battle against cancer!
----

03.05.2007 - 22:11
Hellish Star
Amulance - The rage within and the aftermath. Outstanding "come back" cd from this US power/speed metal gods. Compare them to Attacker, Helstar, old Agent Steel, Liege Lord,....

www.myspace.com/amulance
----

03.05.2007 - 22:13
Hellish Star
KEEP IT TRUE X
"Reign OF The Tyrant"

TITAN FORCE (USA)
HELSTAR (USA)
(exclusive European Gig in "Remnants Of War Line Up" playing the album "Remnants Of War" in its entirety)
OMEN (USA)
ATTACKER (USA)
(exclusive "Battle At Helms Deep" Show)
PHANTOM X (USA)
+ more
Friday April 4th 2008 Lauda-Königshofen Tauberfrankenhalle

JAG PANZER (USA)
(Exclusive and ULTIMATE Jag Panzer show (min. 2h) plus very special surprise guest!!)
MANILLA ROAD (USA)
(Exclusive German Show/Mark Shelton back on Vocals!!)
CAGE (USA)
PHARAOH (USA)
(Exclusive european show)
CRESCENT SHIELD (USA)
DEMON EYES (FRA)
BATTLE RAM (ITA)

+ 3 more (1 Co-Headliner!)
----

04.05.2007 - 14:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Im listening Winter's Bane awsoem band realy good damn it still proove US metal scene are to huge and there are many many good suprises
----

06.05.2007 - 00:09
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Nice line-up at KIT...

Newest additions: WASP - "Dominator" -> great album, you can put it right next to "The Crimson Idol" or "The Headless Children", superb, just great. They still got what it takes to put a great album.
Elephant - "The Ivory Heavenscape" -> superb heavy metal, from Chris Passas. Don't know where my girlfriend got it, but it totally blew me away.
07.05.2007 - 09:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=2267] on 06.05.2007 at 00:09

Newest additions: WASP - "Dominator" -> great album, you can put it right next to "The Crimson Idol" or "The Headless Children", superb, just great. They still got what it takes to put a great album.

I havnt gotten around to picking it up yet, but im definitly going to get around to it, and just out of curiosity, is it another concept album or do they atleast have any fun-lovin type songs left in them?....or I should say him? (as in God...erm I mean Blackie)
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.05.2007 - 16:27
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 07.05.2007 at 09:04

I havnt gotten around to picking it up yet, but im definitly going to get around to it, and just out of curiosity, is it another concept album or do they atleast have any fun-lovin type songs left in them?....or I should say him? (as in God...erm I mean Blackie)

Not really concept, but it has some political related stuff. The album is quite dark, there are also groovy tracks, and something like a ballad ("Take Me Up"). In all a very strong offering from W.A.S.P., couldn't have it any other way really!
15.05.2007 - 22:12
Hellish Star
The new SACRED OATH rules!!!! Great US power for fans of eighties US metal with high pitched vocals!
----

17.05.2007 - 04:49
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I also asked a friend for I should get a hold of it in about a month, 10x for letting me know it got out!
21.05.2007 - 22:44
Lupas
Maximus
Hey take a look to a new video from OUTWORLD http://www.outworldband.com/musicvideo.htm
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
25.05.2007 - 23:36
Hellish Star
CYPHER SEER - band with Michael Grant. A mix between Iced Earth & Symphony X
----

28.05.2007 - 15:51
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I received the Brutal Hand album last week. It's just great! Although the inlay isn't that greatly don, but hey what matter is the music on the album! 10x Rico for the tip.

Edit:

I have to write here I ordered the new Eldritch some weeks ago I recieved confirmation that in a few days it should arrive. I can't wait fr this album. After their great album last year, i hope this is a great output also. A few info about the album:

Session members:
Ray Alder (Fates Warning, Redemption, Engine) on "Broken Road"
Nicholas Van Dyk (Redemption) on "Broken Road"
Additional guitar solo on the second part of "The Deep Sleep" by Gabriel Palermo
Laura Scappini on all songs as backing vocals

If Ray Alder is here i hope he does a great job on this one!

Speaking of Ray Alder and seeing Redemption I heard that they have a new album out, can't wait to get my hands on that one too!
10.06.2007 - 00:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I finally received Annihilation of Civilization by Evildead yesterday. I'm sure you guys know them, but just in case someone isn't familiar with them, they are a thrash metal band with punkish vocals, and also feature Juan Garcia from Agent Steel. It's a great album with many hooks that shows impressive songwriting.
11.06.2007 - 18:29
Hellish Star
Hi friends,

Actually our billing for KIT X was finally done, but we got an offer we could not resist. So now SENTINEL BEAST with legendary singer Debbie Gunn (ex-ZNÖWHITE, ICE AGE) will be added to our Friday. For more infos and short video clips of their reunion show please visit www.myspace.com/sentinelbeastofficialsite. Tickets for KIT X will be available in a few weeks, so be ready.
The final billing is now the following:

KEEP IT TRUE X
"Reign OF The Tyrant"

TITAN FORCE (USA)
HELSTAR (USA)
(exclusive European Gig in "Remnants Of War Line Up" playing the album "Remnants Of War" in its entirety)
OMEN (USA)
ATTACKER (USA)
(exclusive "Battle At Helms Deep" Show)
SENTINEL BEAST (USA)
(First European Show Ever!!)
METAL INQUISITOR (GER)
STRIKEMASTER (MEX)
PHANTOM X (USA)

Friday April 4th 2008 Lauda-Königshofen Tauberfrankenhalle

JAG PANZER (USA)
(Exclusive and ULTIMATE Jag Panzer show (min. 2h) plus very special guest Bob Parduba!!)
MANILLA ROAD (USA)
(Exclusive German Show/Mark Shelton back on Vocals!!)
RAZOR (CAN)
(Exclusive European Show)
DOOMSWORD (ITA)
(Special Guest: Nightcomer, singer from 1st Album)
CAGE (USA)
PHARAOH (USA)
CRESCENT SHIELD (USA)
DEMON EYES (FRA)
FUELED BY FIRE (USA)
BATTLE RAM (ITA)

Saturday April 5th 2008 Tauberfrankenhalle Lauda-Königshofen
----