Lots of metal Heads feel that this genre has
nothing to offer, that it is unintelegent and
without feeling, that it's all about smokin'
joints and gang wars.

But others may realize that rap and metal
arn't so different after all. Just look at
How Public Enemy Did a Song with Anthrax,
It's simple, both metal and rap can tend to have
rebelious and politically themed music. (punk to actually)
They both can indicate Drug problems and spiritual
Awareness.

For me, Rap is my favorite Genre of Music second
only to metal (Of Course!) Because I feel, well......
Pretty much the same as how I explained on the previous
Paragraph. It's intelligent, Political and for the most part
rebellious music. It also sounds good to me, If it's a good
M.C., the words flow like water with the Beat in the background.

So, what about you, is it stupid to you?
Do just not like the Sound?
Or maby you Love the sound,
and hey, do you relate to it?

Go Forth and Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: If you're going to critisize this genre of Music in any Negative way, Please make sure you critisize it with some inteligence. Statements like "The Only Good Rapper is a dead one," WILL BE MARKED AS A SPAM POST!!!
So please, remember that, and we're cool
20.09.2007 - 09:33
therest
Written by [user id=1455] on 20.09.2007 at 08:09

I've said it about 214341513 times before, but I stand by it - judging rap based on 50 Cent is the same thing as judging metal based on Korn.

You couldn't have said it better.
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
21.09.2007 - 03:20
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i love rap disses!

"Dre Day (f/ Snoop Dogg)" - Dr. Dre [ a diss directed at Eazy-E] >>>> "Real Muthaphuckkin' G's(f/ some dudes i don't know )" - Eazy-E [the retaliation!]

Then Ice Cube did a retaliation ("No Vaseline") to an N.W.A. interlude against him, it was pretty hilarious!

If a rap is ever a diss, it's always more powerful, that became apparent to me as I write raps [and i'm actually not bad at it, BLACK friends ov mine even approve lmao! ]
21.09.2007 - 05:09
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Collisioninmind: The song house of pain by Tupac is also pretty good, I like the remix they did with Nas, the beat is fuckin sick as hell, with a full orchestra and violins.

@Danzig: Real Muthufuckin G's was also done by Eazy E, as a diss tword dre.
I like rap disses, but I have to admit that in the end, they're all just childish and pointless, and if I ever became a rapper, I don't think I would ever put any out, my general attitude would be like "if there's a problem, solve it, otherwise I shan't waste my time on you."
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
24.09.2007 - 03:48
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
lol, in essence they are childish yes..........Why did N.W.A. diss Ice Cube in the first place anyway Just because he left?
26.09.2007 - 02:15
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yep, pretty much, and because he released the track "No lube" because Easy-E screwed him.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

26.09.2007 - 06:23
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I'm, not much into rap, I confess. I do have alot of respect for Wu-Tang clan, I had the videogame for playstation and it was awesome. Also for Cypress Hill... However I recently discovered this rapper called Matisyahu. I think it's really nice, I downloaded a couple videso and I think it's really nice, very catchy and teh lyrics are pretty cool, IMO. What do you guys think?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.10.2007 - 03:27
Stigmatized
I've been in an OutKast craze lately. When I'm driving somewhere it's all I play. I only have their greatest hits, but it's great stuff. Really creative and catchy.
14.10.2007 - 16:00
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I've found the perfect example ov how Rap is slowly starting to decline!

Two party songs!

"Fantastic Voyage" - Coolio

and

"In Da Club" - 50 Cent

The Coolio one (which is much older), though it's a party song has meaning! But the 50 Cent song is about nothing! Well, 50 Cent isn't really a good rapper anyway! Like seriously his skills are miniscule. One ov the worst in the history ov the genre .
15.10.2007 - 18:50
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
Written by [user id=160] on 14.10.2007 at 16:00

Well, 50 Cent isn't really a good rapper anyway! Like seriously his skills are miniscule. One ov the worst in the history ov the genre .

I agree, "Fitty" is mind-numbingly horrible. It's a good thing he's never going to rap again: http://www.shoutmouth.com/index.php/news/50_Cent_Responds_to_Sales_Battle_Loss,_Boooring

Oh, wait...
16.10.2007 - 02:02
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@CollisionInMind: thanks for the link, it made me happy , Kanye West is shitty too though

These new-schoolers all suck the big one!

Ladies and gentlemen, i give you the song that marked the end ov Reeeeaaaal Rapp Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkgJBFwNoo

rap died in '95 with Eazy-E ......generally speaking.
17.10.2007 - 02:53
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
No man, Kanye is lyrically great, and he has worked with many concious and skilled rappers, such as Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and Common. True, he is an arrogant ass, but I dig his style, just listen to "Get em high." I mean, come on man, classic song.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

17.10.2007 - 04:05
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Hmmm I guess Kanye has some skill kinda sorta......like in a very miniscule way, but he's not lyrically moving like the old schoolers i'm used to hearing. I mean even if they rapped about foolishness like Kriss Kross, it was still entertaining! lol. Like, where are the punch lines? I've only heard a little ov Talib Kweli and Mos Def sooo....

I heard some songs by B.G. Knocc Out & Dresta the other day, pretty flyy shit lol.

there will never be another like Ice Cube though not ever. KoRn covered a song ov his "Wicked" hahah.
18.10.2007 - 05:53
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, it's lame how some hip hopers get with shit metal groups. They need to get with some real bands lol.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

01.11.2007 - 17:59
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
indeed.

recently I got into groups like Kottonmouth Kings, Insane Clown Posse, Tech N9ne.

check out this Tech N9ne song, it makes me wanna party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41BdMAbH2kc
03.11.2007 - 04:45
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I aint to familiar with tech n9ne, but I hate ICP, they make me wanna barf. Eminem put it best when he said:
"I think I was put hear to put fear in faggots who spray eachother in fago root beer and call themselves clowns when they look queer. Faggot too dope and silent gay, claiming detroit when ya'll live 20 miles away. Slim anus? Damn right slim anus. At least I don't take it in mine like you two little flamin faggots."

...yeah, you guys can probably tell how I feel lol
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

30.11.2007 - 01:10
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
yeah alot ov ppl hate ICP, they're not really all that skilled but they're entertaining, lol "Red Neck Hoe"......"Fuck The World" haha......

I've discovered some other groups since I last was in this thread......

Ice Cube had a group called Westside Connection, i like their debut album.......and he was also somewhat affiliated with a group called Da Lench Mob.

Also I heard Big Daddy Kane! wow! he's awesome, he's the one East Coast rapper who i can actually call 'harrrd', his rhymes are god-like.....His flow is untouchable and lol he is soooo full of himself but it's funny! hahaha!
01.12.2007 - 10:34
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah I love alot of work cube did back in the early ninety's, and the lynch mob is the shit for sure man. As far as daddy kane, there is no doubting that he was amongst the pioneers of the old school, but to say that he's the only hard east coast rapper....welll.....I gotta say you're wrong buddy, I could name like a billion east coast rappers who are harder than him. Hell, he even admited that all the shit he claimed to have been doing back then was a lie, he just said it to make money.

Now Nas, Ghostface, RZA, GZA, Raekwon, U-God, Masta Killah, Method Man, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Inspectah Deck, Onyx, DMX, Jay-Z, Big L, and Biggy, all those guys are authenitic and hard new york scene kinda cats.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

05.12.2007 - 00:02
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 01.12.2007 at 10:34

Yeah I love alot of work cube did back in the early ninety's, and the lynch mob is the shit for sure man. As far as daddy kane, there is no doubting that he was amongst the pioneers of the old school, but to say that he's the only hard east coast rapper....welll.....I gotta say you're wrong buddy, I could name like a billion east coast rappers who are harder than him. Hell, he even admited that all the shit he claimed to have been doing back then was a lie, he just said it to make money.

Now Nas, Ghostface, RZA, GZA, Raekwon, U-God, Masta Killah, Method Man, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Inspectah Deck, Onyx, DMX, Jay-Z, Big L, and Biggy, all those guys are authenitic and hard new york scene kinda cats.

me i'm not a fan of the east coast, I know it's popular but most of its acts don't impress me. Big Daddy Kane is the one that stands out for me. I mean yeah there was Kriss Kross, but they weren't 'harrd' just fun.

My uncle met Jay-Z before when he was vacationing down here lol, he got pissed off at my uncle for not knowing who he was! haha I seriously really hate him, he looks like a frog too
06.12.2007 - 03:01
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah Jay is pretty ugly, and I don't doubt that he's a pretentious ass as well, but I still like his style and his flavor, he's also got legitimate street cred and his lyrics are pretty good.

Also, east coast is actually WAY more underground than west coast, which is in general self glorifying. But never the less....west coast is where my heart's at
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

21.12.2007 - 16:40
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Arian Totalis: you mean it's more underground right now? How do you figure?

lol, i was watching VH1's 100 Greatest Songs Of The '90's and discovered a group called Digital Underground ........Check out "The Humpty Dance" , they don't really have the punch lines but damn they're hilarious!
27.12.2007 - 15:54
FOOCK Nam
I like Fort Minor, their song Where'd You Go really captivate me.
31.12.2007 - 02:49
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
For anyone who's really into the slick MCs I suggest The Last Emperor, Immortal Technique, Big L, and MC Guru. Those are some of my personal favorites and while I don't pour hours of listening over them, or even own any of their material, I really enjoy their style and delivery.
----
The force will be with you, always.
09.01.2008 - 04:29
Sonic MrSumo
Written by [user id=17553] on 04.11.2006 at 17:38

hmmm i listen to rap as well as rock....
maby you should try listening to Verita Saga (romania) , Last Emperor (usa) , Cunnin Lynquists (usa) , GraveDiggaz (usa) , Jedi Mind Tricks (usa) , Mr. Lif (usa) , B.O. (france), Warlocks (norway) , N-Light-N (norway) , Looptroop (sweden) , Roots Manuva (england).

You know, hiphop is about reality!(not all of them of course) i know many deep rap songs, as well as even hardcore hiphop songs! ... i'm not reffering to idiots like eminem, 50 cent, Jay-Z or you name it... that's comercial rubbish.

nice! i also listen to Roots Manuva...
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
16.01.2008 - 14:32
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Lowelas: Well, east coast is more underground because it's more talented artists (now-a-days) are hardly even heard of by the mainstream media. I mean, it may be semi-mainstream, but not mainstream enough. Like Talib Kweli, Q-Tip, Mos Def, etc.
Oh yeah, and the digital underground, that's where I do believe Tupac got his start with Shock-G

@Jed: Fort Minor Kicks ass, Mike Shenoda=pwned

@C.J.: Immortal Technique and big L are amazing, I don't know much about Guru or emperor though.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

30.01.2008 - 06:48
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Quote:
@C.J.: Immortal Technique and big L are amazing, I don't know much about Guru or emperor though.

I'd strongly suggest both. Guru is the MC of Gang Starr if you know that name instead, a very fluid mic man. The Last Emperor though is amazing. When someone talks about emotion and expression in music, especially Rap, I think of him, especially songs like "Karma" and "One Life." If you can ever find his material, I strongly suggest it.
----
01.02.2008 - 02:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Hmm, Yeah I know about gangstarr, my friend is a huge fan, and I love DJ premier, he did the beat to NY State of Mind on "Illmatic" as well as a number of other tracks on that album. He pretty much discovered Nas, so yeah, maybe I ought to look into that spectrum of things.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

01.02.2008 - 05:40
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Arian Totalis on 01.02.2008 at 02:35

Hmm, Yeah I know about gangstarr, my friend is a huge fan, and I love DJ premier, he did the beat to NY State of Mind on "Illmatic" as well as a number of other tracks on that album. He pretty much discovered Nas, so yeah, maybe I ought to look into that spectrum of things.

Yeah definitely. I've read he's worked with so many great artists over the years. Biggie, KRS One, Jay-Z, Big L, Common, Jeru, Rakim, Lord Finesse, and of course Nas.
----
01.02.2008 - 07:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
rap is really only rap unless it scares you. T.I. is not rap, T.I. is hip hop. Immortal Technique, Tech N9ne and Mac Dre are rap. Mac Dre isnt really scary but hes still rap. there is some really, REALLY bad rap out there but if you look, you can find good rappers that express their thoughts in both a catchy and intelligent manner. speaking of intelligence, did anyone hear what happened to Lil Wayne?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.02.2008 - 07:28
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Another great MC to check out would be LL Cool J. I'm not very familiar with his work, but some of the songs I've heard are great. Especially his stuff from the late 80s and early 90s.
----
06.02.2008 - 04:24
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Clintagräm on 04.02.2008 at 07:28

Another great MC to check out would be LL Cool J. I'm not very familiar with his work, but some of the songs I've heard are great. Especially his stuff from the late 80s and early 90s.

Yeah, he's on this song called "Four Seasons" on Method man and Redman's album "Blackout" and his part is pretty cool. He's what we would call a hip hop pioneer.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko