Metal Storm logo
Another US metal thread...

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 17.05.2006 - 16:01
I've started this thread as the old thread got deleted with the new site.

This is a thread about bands like: Manilla Road, Agent Steel, Jag Panzer, Cirith Ungol, Circle II Circle, Whilplash, Forbidden, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Catch 22, Imagika, Hammers of Misfortune, Liege Lord, Apollo Ra, Pharoh, Q5, Crimson Glory, etc.

I've got the Beyond Fear album and I can say it's one hell of an album, if you into old school heavy metal, but with an up to date sound you've got to deffenetly get it.

What do you thing of Midnight's return to Crimson Glory? Any expectations?

Any news from the Agent Steel camp?
17.06.2007 - 18:07
Hellish Star
Biography Tempest Reign: Shawn Johnson And Bryan Udell Have Been Partners In Crime For Over A Decade. In 2000, Former Iced Earth And Oracle Drummer, Brent Smedley, Joined Forces And TEMPEST REIGN Was Born. In 2002 Damien Thorne, Former Bassist For Retribution, Device, And Brutal Assault Was Discovered. Finally In 2005 Joe De Luca Became The Frontman And Mike Hlubek Became Manager, And TEMPEST REIGN Was Complete. Not Just A Band , But A FORCE! TEMPEST REIGN Represents The Storm That Brews In Everyones Mind. Tempest Is The Storm, And Reign Is Control Thus Released Through Original Metal Music.

Enjoy and play it loud ! ! ! ! !

www.tempestreign.com
www.myspace.com/tempestreign
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
18.06.2007 - 01:17
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I just ordered Cypher Seer & Mithras they should be here in a week or two, can't wait to listen to them.

Edit: Mithras is a death metal band from the UK, i was thinking of Mythiasin...
20.06.2007 - 03:10
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I don't know if many people know that Matt Bizilia from Icarus Witch is singing on the track "Beyond the Pale" from the latest album of Pro-Pain. I think that this is quite a nice thing!
14.07.2007 - 07:08
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
News: get the new Dublin Death Patrol it totally rocks! DDP 4 Life it's called. This is a super project from some of the best people in the thrash area!

DDp is:

Chuck Billy - Lead Vocals (Testament, James Murphy as guest)
Steve Souza - Lead Vocals (Legacy, F-Bomb, Testament, Exodus)
Andy Billy - Rhythm/lead guitar
Steve Robello - Lead/ Rhythm Guitar
John Hartsinck - Lead Guitar
Greg Bustamante - Rhythm Guitar
Danny Cunningham - Drums
Troy Luccketta - Drums (Tesla)
Willy Lange - Bass (Lääz Rockit)
John Souza - Bass
Eddie Billy - Bass (Vio-lence)

Andy Billy, Eddie Billy, and Chuck Billy are brothers. As are John and Steve Souza.

Get it while it's hot, this album just rocked my world today or should I say thrashed my world!
22.07.2007 - 13:56
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Hellish Star on 15.05.2007 at 22:12

The new SACRED OATH rules!!!! Great US power for fans of eighties US metal with high pitched vocals!

Seconded.
Superb album fore sure! I highly enjoyed it last month during the exam period.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
22.07.2007 - 17:30
Hellish Star
Mario's Metal Meeting is a new initiative from Mario's Metal Mania webzine and the festival will take place on 11/11/2007 at venue 013, Tilburg, The Netherlands.

The first bands that are confirmed include:
DREAMLAND (Power Metal from Gothenburg, Sweden)
RAVENSTHORN (Old School Horror/Heavy Metal from Chicago, Illinois, USA)
DIVINE RUINS (US / Power Metal (with ex- Shadowkeep frontman Ronnie Stixx) from San Antonio, Texas, USA)
IMPERIOUS REX (Speed Metal from Los Angeles, California, USA)

Organiser & webmaster Mario van Dooren is still bussy with a more wellknown headliner and hopes to announce this band within a few weeks.....keep an eye on Mario's Metal Mania for the latest news!!

www.mariosmetalmania.com
----

28.07.2007 - 02:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone else heard the new Dekapitator album yet? I think it's the best thrash album of the year so far, mainly because of the insane guitar solos in every song. The vocals aren't the best though, but it really doesn't matter.
28.07.2007 - 23:14
Deadsoulman
Elite
Hehe on September, 11 I'll be seeing the Lyon Union Metal Fest with, as far as US metal is concerned, Agent Steel and Vicious Rumors, along with a bunch of other good bands such as Threshold

This was only supopsed to be a Threshold tour date, but some fuckster decided to book Agent Steel and Vicious Rumors on the same night, in another venue. I almost went mad when I saw that lol. Lyon is a big city but there's not a lot of metalheads and it is a suicidal move to book two big metal shows on the same night. So someone finally had the idea of reuniting all these bands. I can't believe they're all coming to my city. I'm a happy man
29.07.2007 - 01:08
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Deadsoulman on 28.07.2007 at 23:14

Hehe on September, 11 I'll be seeing the Lyon Union Metal Fest with, as far as US metal is concerned, Agent Steel and Vicious Rumors, along with a bunch of other good bands such as Threshold

This was only supopsed to be a Threshold tour date, but some fuckster decided to book Agent Steel and Vicious Rumors on the same night, in another venue. I almost went mad when I saw that lol. Lyon is a big city but there's not a lot of metalheads and it is a suicidal move to book two big metal shows on the same night. So someone finally had the idea of reuniting all these bands. I can't believe they're all coming to my city. I'm a happy man

Wow!! Very nice show, indeed!! Have a lot of fun!!
VIcious Rumors and Agent Steel are coming to Romania, too this year!! I'm very excited! Does anzbodz know why VR's official forum is down? 2 or 3 days ago I could post there...
29.07.2007 - 07:42
Opium
Account deleted
Written by [user id=2267] on 14.07.2007 at 07:08

News: get the new Dublin Death Patrol it totally rocks! DDP 4 Life it's called. This is a super project from some of the best people in the thrash area!

DDp is:

Danny Cunningham - Drums
John Souza - Bass

Andy Billy, Eddie Billy, and Chuck Billy are brothers. As are John and Steve Souza.

Get it while it's hot, this album just rocked my world today or should I say thrashed my world!

3 Bass players and 2 drummers does seem a bit superfluous, but I too enjoyed DDP's Thrash assault, quite a good listen indeed. It's also nice to hear Chuck Billy's vocals on an album again, it's been a while...

Overall, it was nice to hear a revival of decent US Thrash once again, despite the several US Thrash re-releases that happened this year.
29.07.2007 - 18:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=12867] on 29.07.2007 at 07:42

DDp is:

Danny Cunningham - Drums
John Souza - Bass

3 Bass players and 2 drummers does seem a bit superfluous...

They DON'T all play together at the same time. Moast of the songs have Willy Langenhuizen on bass and the other two are used instead of Willy on two songs.
Same story for the drummers as well.

But all in all DDP 4 Life is a fun album, nothing shockingly spectacular but it oozes fun also the three covers they play (Iron Fist, Cold Sweat, Lights Out) and of course you gotta love the inlay drawing whihc features Dynamo Open Air 1988 and Dynamo Open Air 1989 festivals posters.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.07.2007 - 00:39
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.07.2007 at 18:33

DDp is:

Danny Cunningham - Drums
John Souza - Bass

They DON'T all play together at the same time. Moast of the songs have Willy Langenhuizen on bass and the other two are used instead of Willy on two songs.

But all in all DDP 4 Life is a fun album, nothing shockingly spectacular but it oozes fun also the three covers they play (Iron Fist, Cold Sweat, Lights Out) and of course you gotta love the inlay drawing whihc features Dynamo Open Air 1988 and Dynamo Open Air 1989 festivals posters.

Ah, yeah, thought it might be something like that, but it still left me wondering why they'd still have that many members
30.07.2007 - 00:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=12867] on 30.07.2007 at 00:39

DDp is:

Danny Cunningham - Drums
John Souza - Bass

Ah, yeah, thought it might be something like that, but it still left me wondering why they'd still have that many members

Okay I will fill you in on that... since it seems like you don't know the history behind it ;-)

All those guys attended the same high school in Dublin, California and at that time they were some sort of metal posse called Dublin Death Patrol. All those guys played in all sorts of bands back then and now decided it would be fun to record an album together
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.07.2007 - 09:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I once saw in VH1 wierd music video it was lil like US power metal and song calls ''Solders Under Cimand'' but I didnt read band name, maybe someone knows that band?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.07.2007 - 12:06
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 30.07.2007 at 09:45

I once saw in VH1 wierd music video it was lil like US power metal and song calls ''Solders Under Cimand'' but I didnt read band name, maybe someone knows that band?

It's Strype (Salvation Through Redemption Yielding Peace, Encouragement and Righteousness.)r. An album from 1985.
30.07.2007 - 12:24
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 28.07.2007 at 02:59

Has anyone else heard the new Dekapitator album yet? I think it's the best thrash album of the year so far, mainly because of the insane guitar solos in every song. The vocals aren't the best though, but it really doesn't matter.

Indeed a very strong Thrash release. 2007 seems to be a good year for Thrash Metal.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
30.07.2007 - 19:37
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.07.2007 at 00:54

Written by [user id=12867] on 30.07.2007 at 00:39

DDp is:

Danny Cunningham - Drums
John Souza - Bass

Okay I will fill you in on that... since it seems like you don't know the history behind it ;-)

All those guys attended the same high school in Dublin, California and at that time they were some sort of metal posse called Dublin Death Patrol. All those guys played in all sorts of bands back then and now decided it would be fun to record an album together

Hey I didn't know that either. I didn't know there was a story behing that name lol. That's amazing so many great people were in the same high school Gotta check out this thing btw.
02.08.2007 - 12:58
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Thryce on 22.07.2007 at 13:56

Written by Hellish Star on 15.05.2007 at 22:12

The new SACRED OATH rules!!!! Great US power for fans of eighties US metal with high pitched vocals!

Seconded.
Superb album fore sure! I highly enjoyed it last month during the exam period.

I recommend it too It rocks from beginning to end!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
05.08.2007 - 11:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Received Agent Steel - Alienigma yesterday and it kicks definitive ass.
Be sure to get your hands on it when it is released.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.08.2007 - 11:59
Hellish Star
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.08.2007 at 11:20

Received Agent Steel - Alienigma yesterday and it kicks definitive ass.
Be sure to get your hands on it when it is released.

I can't wait for this one....
----

15.08.2007 - 16:30
Hellish Star
For fans of Deadly Blessing; SKi is back with FAITH FACTOR. This band released a 3 song demo, called 07/07/07. Outstanding powerful metal in vein of old Deadly Blessing, Liege Lord, old Queensryche, old Fates Warning, Helstar....

The vocals are MINDBLOWING ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Check them at
www.myspace.com/faithfactorrock
----

09.09.2007 - 21:11
Hellish Star
1. US Thrash hopefuls MERCILESS DEATH have been added to the Friday billing of KIT X. We first wanted to do them at KIT 11, but we had to do them earlier.
2. Unfortunately RAZOR had to cancel their appearance at KIT X, cause gutiarist Dave Carlo has exams during this weekend and cannot do the show. We are in talks with them to redo the show on KIT 11.
3. We already have a fantastic replacement for RAZOR. Bay Area legends HEATHEN will play now at KIT X.
4. Due to a new smoking law we have to forbid smoking in the sports hall in Dittigheim at KIT 9. Please take care of that, cause we want to avoid problems for you and us, cause we got that directly from the city chiefs.
5. We do not have many trickets left for KIT X so if they will be sold out soon at our website, please order them from www.hellionrecords.de or www.nuclearblast.de, cause they have still a small amount of them, too.

Finally here is the updated KIT X billing again:

KEEP IT TRUE X
"Reign Of The Tyrant"

TITAN FORCE (USA)
HELSTAR (USA)
(exclusive European Gig in "Remnants Of War Line Up" playing the album "Remnants Of War" in its entirety)
OMEN (USA)
ATTACKER (USA)
(exclusive "Battle At Helms Deep" Show)
SENTINEL BEAST (USA)
(First European Show ever!!)
MERCILESS DEATH (USA)
METAL INQUISITOR (GER)
STRIKEMASTER (MEX)
PHANTOM X (USA)

Friday April 4th 2008 Lauda-Königshofen Tauberfrankenhalle

JAG PANZER (USA)
(Exclusive and ULTIMATE Jag Panzer show (min. 2h) plus very special guest Bob Parduba!!)
MANILLA ROAD (USA)
(Exclusive German Show/Mark Shelton back on Vocals!!)
HEATHEN (USA)
(exclusive European Show)
DOOMSWORD (ITA)
(Special Guest: Nightcomer, singer from 1st Album)
CAGE (USA)
PHARAOH (USA)
(Exclusive european show)
CRESCENT SHIELD (USA)
(Exclusive european show)
DEMON EYES (FRA)
FUELED BY FIRE (USA)
BATTLE RAM (ITA)

Saturday April 5th 2008 Tauberfrankenhalle Lauda-Königshofen
----

17.09.2007 - 19:10
Hellish Star
From the USA : another first class US dark progressiver/power metal band.

MINDWARP CHAMBER

They just released their ep "Skeptics eye", a fantastic disc, a masterpiece,....

MINDWARP CHAMBER is:

Scott Huffman - vocals (ex Syris, ex Spirit Web, ex Lords Of Meat, Twelfth Gate)
Brent Sullivan - Bass guitar (ex Spirit Web, ex Slauter Xstroyes, ex Winterkill)
Ed Bettischou - keyboards (His blazing fast style has played with Manowar's guitarist The David Shankle Group and Scepter).
Jerry Buckzo - guitars (Nomad - now CAGE)
Paul KilKenny of Chicago's own General Patton and has also recorded with Randy George (Ajalon, Neal Morse along with Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater), that drives the rhythm section home with power, precision and just the right amount of flare.

-Mindblowing vocals (Scott Hufmann is one of world's best metal singers)
-Agressive and progressive riffs
-First class songs with awesome arrangements
-US power, progressive,....

Check them at

http://www.myspace.com/mindwarpchambermusic
http://mindwarpchamber.com
----

26.09.2007 - 21:31
Hellish Star
On November 23rd "Sins Of The Past" will be released, an album of re-recorded Band classics + 2 brand new killer songs! Once again it becomes obvious how unique the band was - and still is! Just a little time ago HELSTAR reunited nearly in original line-up. A new studio album (the first in 13 years!) is scheduled for a release in Summer 2008!
----

03.10.2007 - 22:38
Hellish Star
A TORTURED SOUL

like Mercyful Fate, Judas Priest,...

http://www.myspace.com/torturedsoulmusic

SAVAGE WIZDOM

Thrash metal with clean (melodic) vocals

http://www.myspace.com/savagewizdom1
----

10.10.2007 - 19:16
Hellish Star
HELSTAR: 'Sins Of The Past' Details Revealed - Oct. 10, 2007

AFM Records has set a November 23 release date for HELSTAR's "Sins of the Past", a "best-of" album featuring re-recordings of the band's classics along with two brand new tracks. The first edition of "Sins of the Past" will come in a special CD layout. A limited picture vinyl version will also be available.

"Sins of the Past" track listing:

01. Burning Star
02. Suicidal Nightmare
03. The King Is Dead
04. Evil Reign
05. Baptised In Blood
06. Witch's Eye
07. Tyrannicide
08. Harker's Tale
09. Angel of Death
10. Dracula's Castle
11. Face the Wicked One
12. Tormentor (new song)
13. Caress of the Dead (new song)

+ Additional video material (approx. one hour in length)

An all-new album of original HELSTAR material is tentatively due next summer.

A 13-minute audio interview with HELSTAR frontman James Rivera (also of VICIOUS RUMORS) conducted by Danish rock/metal magazine Revolution-Music.dk has been posted online at this location (MP3, 6 MB).

Formed in 1982, HELSTAR achieved legendary status with such albums as "Burning Star" (1984), "Remnants of War" (1986), "A Distant Thunder" (1988) and "Nosferatu" (1989). After the band broke up in the early Nineties, vocalist James Rivera played in a number of groups such as VIGILANTE and NEW EDEN before reuniting with HELSTAR for the "Multiples in Back" CD in 1995. After the LP was issued, the band split up once again. Rivera subsequently released albums with the bands DISTANT THUNDER and KILLING MACHINE before joining VICIOUS RUMORS prior to the the recording of their latest album, "Warball".

Watch HELSTAR's reunion performance at the fourth annual "Robb's MetalWorks" showcase on June 10, 2006:
----

24.10.2007 - 12:31
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I just put an order for the new Exodus & Meliah Rage. I forgot to comment about two great albums i received for some time the Overkill & Agent Steel which blew me away. It's good to see that Overkill returned with an inspired album after 2 letdowns. About the Agent Steel couldn't expect a let down.
04.11.2007 - 13:30
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Another order sent out today: Steel Assassin "War of the Eight Saints"
10.12.2007 - 03:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
You guys should check out an up and coming US heavy metal band called Die by Day. They are kinda Metal Churchy

It's pretty catchy stuff, but keep in mind that those MySpace songs are recorded live, so the production isn't perfect. The song, Window Into Death, is the better song, but I like both songs on the page.
20.12.2007 - 23:08
Hellish Star
My last US metal purchases

HARD ECHO - Mouth of the sun
HARD ECHO - Traded secrects
DESTRUCTOR - Forever in leather
SANITARIUS - Eyes of the soul
LAZARUS - Episode one
ASKA - Absolute power (what an album!!!!)
----