Metal Storm logo
Epica - Simone Infected With MRSA

Dear Epica fans,

Since a couple of months I have been struggling with infections and had surgery many times. The doctors didn't know what was wrong with me. After a lot of tests at the hospital they found out that I am infected with MRSA, also known as the hospital bacteria. The treatment of this bacteria comes with a strict hygienic schedule that I have to work through every day. Because of this I will not be able to go on long trips let alone live in a tour bus. Therefore we are forced to cancel most of our shows in February. The shows on the 22nd and 23rd in Lille and Vosselaar we will still do since they are independent shows and very close by. We cannot plan too far ahead since I first have to get rid of the infection and that will take some time. How long it will take we cannot tell at the moment.

We are very sorry that we cannot do these shows. We were all looking forward to this tour and to meet you guys. What I have to focus on now is getting well, so that we will be on the road again as soon as possible. Please check out our site every once in a while for more information on this matter.

Simone and Epica

Source: epica.nl
Band profile: Epica
Posted: 11.01.2008 by Jason W.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   Visited by: 278 users
11.01.2008 - 08:10
Cassian
OMG... I hope Simone will get better very soon So sad to hear this.
11.01.2008 - 08:39
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Cassian on 11.01.2008 at 08:10

OMG... I hope Simone will get better very soon So sad to hear this.

Yes I know... Things like this can take a long while to completely go away, but the good news is that at least she's figured out what has been bothering her so the treatment can start Sometimes mystery can be just as difficult to deal with as the sickness itself!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
11.01.2008 - 08:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
that SUCKS. that bacterial infection is completely preventable too. damn hospitals.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.01.2008 - 08:54
b0000mst1ck
Written by LeChron James on 11.01.2008 at 08:48

that SUCKS. that bacterial infection is completely preventable too. damn hospitals.

it's hard to contain a bacterial infection like that in any closely populated area (jails, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, etc).

either way i hope she gets better soon!!
11.01.2008 - 09:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
MRSA I dunno it, what is it?
sad nes, werry sad for fans and her i hope ist not think from what ppl die
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.01.2008 - 10:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by b0000mst1ck on 11.01.2008 at 08:54

it's hard to contain a bacterial infection like that in any closely populated area (jails, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, etc).

i know its hard to contain a bacterial infection in densely populated areas. but this kinda bacteria is indigenous to hospitals, an environment thats supposed to be kept as sterile and clean as possible to prevent such illnesses.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.01.2008 - 10:03
Duy Hung
Account deleted
oh poor her .., get well soon, Simone
11.01.2008 - 10:20
b0000mst1ck
Written by LeChron James on 11.01.2008 at 10:00

i know its hard to contain a bacterial infection in densely populated areas. but this kinda bacteria is indigenous to hospitals, an environment thats supposed to be kept as sterile and clean as possible to prevent such illnesses.

that's interesting. so if a hospital is supposed to be sterile how can it breed an infection like that?
11.01.2008 - 13:15
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Bad English on 11.01.2008 at 09:51

MRSA I dunno it, what is it?
sad nes, werry sad for fans and her i hope ist not think from what ppl die

It says what MRSA is in the news. It's the so called Hospital Bacteria. Something you almost only can get at hospitals and is quite rare these days. Very common in older days when you didn't have the same hygiene in hospitals.

Hope she gets well soon! We want to see her and the guys back in Sweden soon! Glad I got to see them before she got ill, but it's still very sad
11.01.2008 - 13:18
Lupas
Maximus
SAd news get well soon SImone !!!
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
11.01.2008 - 13:35
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
So sad, hope she gets well soon...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
11.01.2008 - 13:52
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
That's not cool at all... And unfortunately that's not so hard to get such infection nowadays. You probably better know it under the name of "Staphylococcus"... the bad thing with such shit is that it can be ok but can be really serious too.

Here in France (and of course that's just an example, a lot of people suffer of this problem too) the son of the actor Gerard Depardieu (he is also an actor ) has it too and finally lost one of his legs...

How pathetic it is to know that you can get these kinds of bacteria in the hospitals...
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
11.01.2008 - 14:36
Infurnace
That's pretty sad news. I hope you get well very soon Simone.
11.01.2008 - 14:52
selken
Irreligious
WTF???? Just the title of the news freak me out!!
Hope she gets well asap!! good luck Simone
----
11.01.2008 - 15:40
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by selken on 11.01.2008 at 14:52

WTF???? Just the title of the news freak me out!!
Hope she gets well asap!! good luck Simone

Yes, I'm sorry about that ...! But that's the title the band used on their website and on Simone's official myspace page, and it disturbed me rather quickly too. I figured if the band felt it to be appropriate, then it'd be best if I used the same headline...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
11.01.2008 - 15:43
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Ohhh so bad, hope eveything will be ok.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
11.01.2008 - 16:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Damn, that really sucks.
----
11.01.2008 - 18:20
Barbara Griffin
Account deleted
Dear Simone,

My family has been battling with MRSA for a few years now. I've done a lot of research on it, so far we are having good results with LEMON, squirt directly on sore, drink the juice of half of a lemon in 6oz of pure water. This is a microbial, in the research I've done it does not like certain essential oils, euculiptus, peppermint, tea tree, pomergranite, white sage. You can do your own research on this. I use Dr. Bonner's liquid soaps, bathe and lather up real good all over and then you can use your regular shampoo. I use the Tea Tree Hemp, there are others to choose from. You can conquer this. Simone, please consult with your doctor before using any of these products.
11.01.2008 - 18:28
MissRagnarok
wooh =/ that's bad..

luckily though, their show here isn't cancelled.. but well, I can't be particularly happy, can I?
----
For I am so omniscient that if there were to be two omnisciences's; I would be both!
- Ziltoid
11.01.2008 - 19:32
Olli
Wow that really sucks, hope she gets better soon.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
11.01.2008 - 23:50
iaberis
Advice Troll
Poor Simone... Hope you get well soon
----
Bitch! Please
12.01.2008 - 03:07
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Sad news, I hope this problem will be solved soon.
12.01.2008 - 03:13
Fhuesc
There goes the Mexican tour... again
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
12.01.2008 - 07:43
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by b0000mst1ck on 11.01.2008 at 10:20

that's interesting. so if a hospital is supposed to be sterile how can it breed an infection like that?

unless im mistaken, i said hopspitals are SUPPOSED to be kept as sterile as possible. and when something like MRSA is present in a hospital, that means the hospital isnt clean enough.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

12.01.2008 - 08:44
H-metal
I hope this infection doesn't leave a scar on Simone's leg.
Oh I wish I could be her doctor and treat this infection properly.
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
12.01.2008 - 08:48
H-metal
BTW, her MRSA was originated by wrong previous therapy.
There's absolutely someone to blame...
And, please, stop this lemon thing. Vancomicin would do it just fine.
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
12.01.2008 - 09:19
Fhuesc
Written by LeChron James on 12.01.2008 at 07:43

Written by b0000mst1ck on 11.01.2008 at 10:20

unless im mistaken, i said hopspitals are SUPPOSED to be kept as sterile as possible. and when something like MRSA is present in a hospital, that means the hospital isnt clean enough.

Not necessarily, bacterias are getting resistance to antibiotics at rates that no one expect, and this resistances are more common in develop countries.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
12.01.2008 - 09:29
b0000mst1ck
Written by Fhuesc on 12.01.2008 at 09:19

Not necessarily, bacterias are getting resistance to antibiotics at rates that no one expect, and this resistances are more common in develop countries.

that's the kind of answer i was looking for. thanks.
12.01.2008 - 19:59
~Nagash~
Account deleted
That's no good news. Hope she'll be beter soon
12.01.2008 - 20:40
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
So sad to hear this, that sucks. Sad news... get well soon, good luck Simone.

Hits total: 5572 | This month: 5