Metal Storm logo
Consciousness Removal Project

15.01.2008 - 00:36
Stigmatized
Consciousness Removal Project is an Atmospheric Sludge from Tampere, Finland. You can check their music out at their Myspace page. Some really great music, check them out if you're into Atomospheric, sludge or doom metal.
15.01.2008 - 04:59
Fuath
ummmmmm, exhale was i think the only OK song on there, even then, it still wasnt really that good
this is only my opinion though
couple of questions if thats ok
how long have they been around?
have they released any albums/demos?
do they have an official site?
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

15.01.2008 - 13:35
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
Ha. I asked Stigmatized to start this topic as a favour (and for this I thank him) since I didn't know my ye very olde account still exists, but as it does, I can clarify myself

CRP is our band, the project has been around since 2004, but 2007 was the true formative year during which the actual lineup and final musical shape saw their advent.

The myspace page has the three songs on the newest promo. At www.mikseri.net/crp one can find all songs CRP has ever recorded, including the older post-rock material from 2004 onwards. The new, post-metal/doom/sludge material are the topmost songs. The site is in Finnish.

EDIT: Oh, and concerning the above commentary, Inhale is an intro to Exhale, sort of like Tool's Parabol/Parabola, so it's not intended to work as a standalone song And no official site as of yet, we're focusing on getting together a tight live act together and getting as many gigs as possible first.
16.01.2008 - 09:09
Fuath
Written by Guest on 15.01.2008 at 13:35

Ha. I asked Stigmatized to start this topic as a favour (and for this I thank him) since I didn't know my ye very olde account still exists, but as it does, I can clarify myself

CRP is our band, the project has been around since 2004, but 2007 was the true formative year during which the actual lineup and final musical shape saw their advent.

The myspace page has the three songs on the newest promo. At www.mikseri.net/crp one can find all songs CRP has ever recorded, including the older post-rock material from 2004 onwards. The new, post-metal/doom/sludge material are the topmost songs. The site is in Finnish.

EDIT: Oh, and concerning the above commentary, Inhale is an intro to Exhale, sort of like Tool's Parabol/Parabola, so it's not intended to work as a standalone song And no official site as of yet, we're focusing on getting together a tight live act together and getting as many gigs as possible first.

is there some where else i can find other songs to listen to?
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

16.01.2008 - 15:10
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
@something wicked

Yes. like I said in the previous post, http://www.mikseri.net/crp has all the songs by CRP to date, with the older material being instrumental post-rock (almost a completely different project that evolved into the band at present). The site is in Finnish, but the songs shouldn't be too hard to find.
17.01.2008 - 07:35
Fuath
Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 15:10

@something wicked

Yes. like I said in the previous post, http://www.mikseri.net/crp has all the songs by CRP to date, with the older material being instrumental post-rock (almost a completely different project that evolved into the band at present). The site is in Finnish, but the songs shouldn't be too hard to find.

cheers
ill check it out
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

19.01.2008 - 02:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Going to check this out. Any plans for hard copies?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
19.01.2008 - 14:07
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
Yea, we've got some plans. For now, we're only sending out burnt copies of the promo for promotional purposes (duh) to venues etc. Once we get the gig machine rolling, we'll solidify plans for a proper DIY release.
07.02.2008 - 18:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
19.02.2008 - 22:03
Stigma
Account deleted
Whoa, you guys have been putting quite alot material I like the atmospheric feeling, I'll check them all!
10.03.2008 - 06:00
Evil Chip
I loved it... what a peaceful track is from wounds to scars. I love growl vocals but they dont fit in your music, you should change the vocalist for a clean one (not a power one), like mikael akerfeldt vocals on damnation album it would suit better. The music is great and hypnotic. Congratulations!.
11.03.2008 - 01:53
Evil Chip
Wouldnt it sound better if the name of the band was just consciusness removal?. In their early days Pink Floyd used to be named The Pink Floyd Sound. Like they did you should remove the word Project.
15.03.2008 - 19:31
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
@Atlantic, I kind of like the name with the word "project". It also suits the style of music more in my opinion. And its acronym has a nice, easily memorable ring to a med student like myself
15.03.2008 - 21:03
ß
Problem?
Inhale & Exhale sounded pretty good. Didn't really like From Wound To Scar though but keep up the good work
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
15.03.2008 - 23:31
Evil Chip
Written by Guest on 15.03.2008 at 19:31

@Atlantic, I kind of like the name with the word "project". It also suits the style of music more in my opinion. And its acronym has a nice, easily memorable ring to a med student like myself

I still think you have to reomve the last word. But your music its great so it doesnt matter, I like a lot the atmospheric parts and the heavier are pretty amazing too, the vocalist should use a cleaner voice in the not so heavy parts.
15.03.2008 - 23:42
Evil Chip
If you had an album i could buy and changed your vocalist you would be into my 5 favourite bands, along with Opeth, Dream Theater, Nevermore and Ayreon. Im a musician too, I will record some songs soon too.
Keep doing this amazing music, the vocalist has a nice clean voice, the growls at a bit out of place in some parts. Third time that I say the same.
Where can I buy your music? Or when?:beer:
16.03.2008 - 01:24
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
@Brendan_is_cool, check out www.mikseri.net/crp for more songs (Tear, Unconscious and Nerves, the rest are older, quite a lot different material) We'll have new, proper versions of Tear, Unconscious and Nerves out soonish.

@Atlantic, we might use more of the female vocals heard on Inhale in future songs, but we'll see. As for hardcopies to be bought, they'll be around when the time is right
17.03.2008 - 00:30
ß
Problem?
I enjoyed the majority of the songs quite a bit. I especially like some of the atmospheric parts in the songs and the heavy parts sound very good too.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
17.03.2008 - 00:33
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
Whoah, just gor back from the debut gig. Went splendidly, as far as debut gigs go, with a short half hour set consisting of Tear, From Wound to Scar and Exhale. Stay tuned for videoclips and photos
17.03.2008 - 17:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Very nice to hear!
----

17.03.2008 - 22:12
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
In case any of you are in Facebook, there's some pics from the show in the Consciousness Removal Project group there
19.03.2008 - 20:59
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
On further news, the clips are not yet in Youtube, but instead we've been booked for Paljassaare Rock Festival in Tallinn, Estonia on the 31st of May Which was nice.
04.05.2008 - 01:24
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
Go check out all new versions of Tear, Unconscious and Nerves re-recorded with real drums, remixed and remastered. At www.mikseri.net/crp and www.myspace.com/consciousnessremovalproject
04.05.2008 - 15:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
The new "Tear" and "Nerves" sound good. Good luck on your gig.
----

04.05.2008 - 21:16
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
Furthermore, I posted a vid of Tear from the previous show on the myspace page
06.05.2008 - 01:36
Evil Chip
I just saw the video. Really good performance.
07.05.2008 - 09:30
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
@Atlantic, thanks There are videos for two more songs (From Wound to Scar and Exhale), but they need some editing before I'll post them.

Oh, and Lucas and the rest, check out the re-recorded version of Unconscious. It's not on Myspace since the file's too big to be put there, but it's on Mikseri.net (which is in Finnish, but you'll see the download-link right on there). It's also on Last.fm here
29.06.2008 - 18:30
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
Two live clips from the Paljassaare gig are in Youtube now here and here. The sound quality is rather shite, be forewarned. Green Rainshower is an older song that we did as an encore for the hell of it.
02.07.2008 - 01:11
dehydration
Account deleted
Hi, I saw you playing at Paljassaare, the whole idea of band seemed really interesting and promising, though I was disappointed a bit by the sound on that gig. So it would probably be good to visit some more gigs where you play, are there any planned in the near future? I like the music by which you seem to be influenced, sludge and post-punk like Neurosis for example. Let me know if you have any gigs planned, I'd like to visit. An interesting band no doubt. Cool that you have plans to do hard copies, especially good that its DIY so you have my support 100% and good luck
06.07.2008 - 16:07
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.07.2008 at 01:11

Hi, I saw you playing at Paljassaare, the whole idea of band seemed really interesting and promising, though I was disappointed a bit by the sound on that gig. So it would probably be good to visit some more gigs where you play, are there any planned in the near future? I like the music by which you seem to be influenced, sludge and post-punk like Neurosis for example. Let me know if you have any gigs planned, I'd like to visit. An interesting band no doubt. Cool that you have plans to do hard copies, especially good that its DIY so you have my support 100% and good luck

Thanks man. Yea, the PA system wasn't our friend that night. We had no idea on stage, since we only heard our amps. We haven't got any gigs planned atm, all of us are working for the summer and all, but we have new awesome songs in the works