Metal Storm logo
What're you shooting with?

30.01.2008 - 06:09
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
some people here fancy themselves photographers. what are the tools of your trade? ive got a Rebel XTi with an excessively large 650-1300 telephoto lens. and you guys?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.02.2008 - 00:50
^Necrolust^
A Pentax k1000 lens 50mm, film.
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
02.02.2008 - 14:19
Remus
Panasonic FZ-7. Six megapixels (kinda lame), 12 optical zoom(f-ing awesome!), Leica lens. Too bad i don't know how to use it - well, properly anyway.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
02.02.2008 - 17:01
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
At the moment I am using a Canon PowerShot S50 .

I'm only a beginner :p

But I am looking to buy a better camera - one with good macro ability.

Any suggestions ?
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
02.02.2008 - 17:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
A heckler & koch? (Oh come on, somebody had to do it)
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.02.2008 - 18:55
yvesson
Hej,
I'm using a canon powershot A540. Average camera with full manual modes producing decent pics, good video quality too. Maybe a CHDK firmware add-on available soon too (atm beta version not fully functional). The main thing I lack really atm is IS cause I'm really not the steady guy when shooting, get a lot of blurry pics at not that slow shutter speeds :/ Also x4 zoom a bit short. Surely I would have bought the A710IS instead if it had been out :/
Really not sure if I may buy a bridge camera this year, maybe if some kickass one comes out with not-too-many pixels on a not-too-small sensor and a good range from wide angle and zoom with a good macro mode as well. Don't wanna bother with a SLR and lenses for now, just want flexibility in one box, and video mode also a reason, even though sacrifying a bit on the high ISOs and tough condition pics SLRs can do better.
04.02.2008 - 07:53
selken
Irreligious
with a colt peacemaker Single Action 0.45...
Sorry, misundaztood

A Canon PowerShot, dunno the model, I don't like it cause its silver, i prefer black gadgets.
And they are so delicate, a friend of mine dropped his camera and now its worth like a brick...
----
05.02.2008 - 00:23
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Lucas on 02.02.2008 at 17:48

A heckler & koch? (Oh come on, somebody had to do it)

Can I try it, can I try it, please!!!?

Well, I wont talk about my guns, (although we could open a thread abouth them ) I use Canon S3IS, has 12x optical zoom, 48x max digital zoom. Well, all in all, its better camera than I am photographer, so Im satisfied with it

Written by selken on 04.02.2008 at 07:53

with a colt peacemaker Single Action 0.45...
Sorry, misundaztood

A Canon PowerShot, dunno the model, I don't like it cause its silver, i prefer black gadgets.
And they are so delicate, a friend of mine dropped his camera and now its worth like a brick...

Oh, so you have 2 Can(n)ons .45 is cannon of its kind, you must admit, Seriously, someone shuld open a thread about weapons and stuff
----
06.02.2008 - 23:14
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hewlet-Packard R707, 5.1 Mp. 24x zoom.

I'm kinda begginer myself too, and I have no money for a better camea yet. I can't complain though...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
07.02.2008 - 00:32
yvesson
Hej,
x24 zoom wow, beats the new x20 bridges then ?
It's 39-117 mm so x3 zoom. (and x8 useless digital zoom).
07.02.2008 - 06:38
April.Ethereal87
Account deleted
Im a Photography major in school, This is just the place for me.

I recently bought a Nikon D300 with a 18-135mm Lens, And I'm absolutely In love with it.

The rest of my digital collection consists of
-A Canon Rebel XT with a 10-55mm , And 70-210mm Telephoto lens.
-Im going to buy a Nikon D80 once the price drops and convert it to a strictly IR camera.
-Sony Cybershot (8.1MP) For quick snapshots

My camera I use for darkroom stuff is a Canon A-1 (From the 1970's. It still works like a charm)

I have a bunch of extra stuff for the cameras. Flash units, tripods, The regular stuff like that. I Have a fairly extensive Cokin filter collection aswell.
07.02.2008 - 09:44
yvesson
Hej,
April, why did you switch from canon to nikon ?
How much costs all that ? :|
07.02.2008 - 10:15
April.Ethereal87
Account deleted
I just thought the Nikon was a better deal than one of the High end canons. More features, Things like that.
I don't even want to begin to think of how much money I've spent on cameras/Accessories, And darkroom supplies. Too much, But it's something I love doing.
14.02.2008 - 09:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I have no camera but my mothe rhgas, I dont know what kind, I forgot so I use her when im there but I dont own my own camera
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.02.2008 - 14:33
Lothroniell
Account deleted
I am using Canon PowerShot G3... And I'm really satisfied with it.
18.02.2008 - 08:36
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by hanna of steel on 02.02.2008 at 17:01

At the moment I am using a Canon PowerShot S50 .

I'm only a beginner :p

But I am looking to buy a better camera - one with good macro ability.

Any suggestions ?

rebel xti. expensive but DEFINITELY worth it if youre looking for a good camera.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.02.2008 - 12:22
yvesson
Hej,
Its name must be EOS 400D in europe.
18.02.2008 - 12:39
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
@ MacOut/BlackOut & yvesson - thanks .

I have been looking at that camera - I can just about afford to buy it - but not any lenses .
Maybe I will have to wait a while until I get more cash.

It seems there is a gap in camera prices - there are a lot for around £200 - then the price leaps to £400 with nothing in between.
----
18.02.2008 - 14:39
yvesson
Hej,
Yeah well it's the problem with SLRs, lenses cost much and you need 2 or 3 at least to cover most of your needs (wide angle, macro, zoom).

I know only the prices in euros but the cheapest SLRs without any lense should be around 500-600 euros, bridge cameras can be 250-450 euros (the new fuji should be more than that even) and then compact cams can be from 100 to 350 maybe even more for some sigma or samsung designed as pro-compact.

So I can't see a gap really.
18.02.2008 - 17:48
April.Ethereal87
Account deleted
The way to buy lenses, Is buy the best quality you can afford for the price.

when buying SLR lenses, Price reflects quality, and 9 times out of 10, The more expensive the lens, The better the quality of glass used in it.
29.03.2008 - 05:00
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I also shoot with my dad's cam, a Sony CybershootDSC-w/80, 7.2 Megapixels
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

19.05.2008 - 13:56
razorblade_666
Account deleted
Fuji s5600 + macro lens Raynox DCR-250 + Tiffen polarizer filter + Tiffen Sky 1-A filter

besides eyes & imagination
23.05.2008 - 07:31
Black Goddess
Account deleted
I use an old school Soviet 35mm film camera Zenit ET from 1980's, it used to be my mom's when she was in college. It still takes great photos I also have a Holga camera that takes 120mm film and I'm in the process of getting an Olympus Evolt E-500.
29.05.2008 - 22:52
Aphyoun
Account deleted
i have a cannon T 60
dont FANCY ur humble self any more
29.05.2008 - 22:54
Aphyoun
Account deleted
Written by Remus on 02.02.2008 at 14:19

Panasonic FZ-7. Six megapixels (kinda lame), 12 optical zoom(f-ing awesome!), Leica lens. Too bad i don't know how to use it - well, properly anyway.

any one that deals with pixelz is not considered a photografer cuz it's only fotografy when u play with films (ASAs)
01.06.2008 - 00:35
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I got my new camera today - A Nikon D80 with a fairly standard 18 - 70 mm lens.

Now I need to learn how to use it
----
11.06.2008 - 02:14
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
just a samsung L730 with 7.2 mega pixels, 3x optical zoom, 5x digital zoom. i'm not a big know all on camera but this takes pretty good quality pics. this is it:
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
28.07.2008 - 20:09
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Dad gave me a new camera!
Sony DSC-H50, semiprofessional, 9.1 megapixels
----

29.07.2008 - 04:28
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 28.07.2008 at 20:09

very very nice. did you or your dad pick this out? cause whoever did has good taste in cameras.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

29.07.2008 - 05:00
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by LeChron James on 29.07.2008 at 04:28

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 28.07.2008 at 20:09

very very nice. did you or your dad pick this out? cause whoever did has good taste in cameras.

We went to teh sony store and saw it, in a tripod, you could actually ply with it a little
We both liked it and since I'm only starting seriously in photography, it's perfect.
----