Metal Storm logo
Skeletonwitch

12.02.2008 - 22:00
mankvill
A fantastic blackened thrash metal band from Ohio. I saw them last night and they put on an amazing show.

Discog:
At One With The Shadows
Beyond The Permafrost

They're going to be touring the US with Arsis also this year.

www.myspace.com/skeletonwitch
16.02.2008 - 18:16
stigma77
Account deleted
I've listened to Permafrost, Dug it
16.02.2008 - 19:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just try band out in myspave nodyhing special
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.02.2008 - 22:50
mankvill
They're live shows are insanely good.
16.02.2008 - 23:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by mankvill on 16.02.2008 at 22:50

Grammar. Their. Sorry to bitch, but since you're American, you ought to know.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.02.2008 - 05:26
mankvill
Written by Lucas on 16.02.2008 at 23:39

XD Yeah, I saw that after I posted it but I was too lazy to go back and correct myself.
07.09.2008 - 09:32
mankvill
Bringing this topic back because they're on the Blackest of the Black tour. Go just for Skeletonwitch!
07.09.2008 - 14:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm not going to that tour this year; the first year had the best lineup and it was still average. As for Skeletonwitch, their execution is fine, but like K7 said, they're nothing special, and they don't offer anything memorable enough for me to want to replay their album.
07.09.2008 - 16:55
TheBigRossowski
Written by Lucas on 16.02.2008 at 23:39

Haha! Having your own 'mother tongue' means its okay to fuck it up! We make words up in English, its kinda like a shit dialect. My wife corrects my English sometimes too, lol. I just bust out my imaginary German words like 'ich geschmack dich!' or 'ich habe dich geschmackt'...like SMACK!

EDIT: I almost forgot completely about the band itself. First read about them in Metal Maniacs back in Kansas and when I checked it out..I wasn't too impressed. Don't think its one of those bands that will grow on me either.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
08.09.2008 - 03:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Wow, I appear to be the only one here that was thoroughly impressed with Permafrost. I really enjoy the almost epic sounding leads over thrashy riffing.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.11.2008 - 07:30
Søren
Lord of the Mosh
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 08.09.2008 at 03:17

Wow, I appear to be the only one here that was thoroughly impressed with Permafrost. I really enjoy the almost epic sounding leads over thrashy riffing.

You're not alone. Permafrost rates in my top 5 of 2007. One of my favorite albums of the past few years. They just played Chicago last week on the Blackest ov the Black tour, but I couldn't make it.

Off-topic: Danzig took Behemoth out on the very first BotB tour, back when Behemoth was touring for Zos Kia Cultus. Danzig actually changed the name of the tour after adding Behemoth to the bill, and he clearly stole the name from the standout song from ZKC, so why hasn't Nergal beat him down? I would have beat that washed-up midget thief down if he stole and trademarked my shit.
07.11.2008 - 09:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Søren on 07.11.2008 at 07:30

You're not alone. Permafrost rates in my top 5 of 2007. One of my favorite albums of the past few years. They just played Chicago last week on the Blackest ov the Black tour, but I couldn't make it.

Off-topic: Danzig took Behemoth out on the very first BotB tour, back when Behemoth was touring for Zos Kia Cultus. Danzig actually changed the name of the tour after adding Behemoth to the bill, and he clearly stole the name from the standout song from ZKC, so why hasn't Nergal beat him down? I would have beat that washed-up midget thief down if he stole and trademarked my shit.

Is there an actual dispute over it? Perhaps Danzig discussed it with Nergal. Besides, if we're talking about thievery, Behemoth aren't totally innocent.
----
- George Carlin
11.11.2008 - 02:32
Søren
Lord of the Mosh
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 07.11.2008 at 09:27

Is there an actual dispute over it? Perhaps Danzig discussed it with Nergal. Besides, if we're talking about thievery, Behemoth aren't totally innocent.

If there was a dispute, I'm sure it was settled long ago, since that was ... 2003? Of course, in this industry there's a lot of "friendly borrowing" ... nobody's innocent.
11.11.2008 - 02:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen

nah i found it to be pretty good myself. it gets a touch repetitive after awhile but not enough for me to disregard it into the abyss of music that is my iChoonz
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.11.2008 - 02:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Søren on 11.11.2008 at 02:32

Written by Doc G. on 07.11.2008 at 09:27

If there was a dispute, I'm sure it was settled long ago, since that was ... 2003? Of course, in this industry there's a lot of "friendly borrowing" ... nobody's innocent.

Yeah, besides the phrase "blackest of the black" isn't exactly the most original thing ever thought of. Even if there was a dispute Danzig used the phrase in the lyrics of the song 'Her Black Wings' on the 1990 album Lucifuge, a couple years before Behemoth released their first album....This is getting really off track. Thats not nearly as bad as ripping off a main riff for a song
----
- George Carlin
12.11.2008 - 01:04
Damnated
Churchburner
Checked out this band because of this thread, well i was disappointed. i expected some dirty black/thrash instead it's some melodic black metal with some thrashy moments. eh.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.11.2008 - 05:04
Stigmatized
The albums are indeed nothing to rave about, but I really enjoyed their live show. They had a lot of energy and a good stage presence. They were also a lot better than the band that followed, Winds of Plague.
12.11.2008 - 23:51
MetallicA
Skeletonwitch is awesome! Their live shows are better than their albums imo. I've seen them 3 times and I'll go see them again!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
14.12.2008 - 10:37
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
They helluv sound like Steel Attack in their "where mankind fails" era. i dont really know what that means but its what i think they sound like.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.10.2010 - 06:50
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Their vocalist reminds me so much of Haste The Day's first two albums.

I've only got 'At One With The Shadows'.. but i reckon that album has some pretty memorable tracks. The production however is like something from the mid-80s..
15.12.2010 - 15:40
Demonmayonnaise
I just saw these guys with Landmine Marathon and Withered a few weeks ago, and they put on one hell of a show.
26.05.2011 - 08:10
Guib
Thrash Talker
I see lots of ppl saying their live shows = better than albums. Well idk, never saw them live. But the albums kick major asses IMO.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
03.06.2011 - 11:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guib on 26.05.2011 at 08:10

I see lots of ppl saying their live shows = better than albums. Well idk, never saw them live. But the albums kick major asses IMO.

Saw them opening for High On Fire once, they were awesome. Every time I listen to them now it just seems like their music is made to be played live.
----
- George Carlin
13.10.2011 - 07:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Doc G. on 03.06.2011 at 11:25

Written by Guib on 26.05.2011 at 08:10

Saw them opening for High On Fire once, they were awesome. Every time I listen to them now it just seems like their music is made to be played live.

Well this is great man, a band that live up to the expectations! Not only on stage though cos I just bought the new album, Forever Abomination. Dude it fucking kills ! I love it, its even better than Breathing The Fire. If you haven't got this yet, I highly recommend you do... ASAP!
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.10.2011 - 15:32
Silent Jay
Skeletonwitch are fucking awesome! Both in the studio and live. Saw them at Bloodstock this year and they kicked my arse. The new album is killer aswell. Definitely one of my favorite bands at the moment!

To quote the vocalist, Chance Garnette, on stage at Bloodstock: "Drink beer, smoke weed and eat some fucking pussy!" (I was already doing two of those things at the time )
13.10.2011 - 18:29
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Silent Jay on 13.10.2011 at 15:32

Skeletonwitch are fucking awesome! Both in the studio and live. Saw them at Bloodstock this year and they kicked my arse. The new album is killer aswell. Definitely one of my favorite bands at the moment!

To quote the vocalist, Chance Garnette, on stage at Bloodstock: "Drink beer, smoke weed and eat some fucking pussy!" (I was already doing two of those things at the time )

LOLLLL !!!! awesome man !
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.10.2011 - 22:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
"Drink beer, smoke weed and eat some fucking pussy!" (I was already doing two of those things at the time )

You can drink and eat pussy at the same time?! You're a keeper, man. A keeper.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.10.2011 - 23:47
Silent Jay
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.10.2011 at 22:22

"Drink beer, smoke weed and eat some fucking pussy!" (I was already doing two of those things at the time )

You can drink and eat pussy at the same time?! You're a keeper, man. A keeper.
Well actually it was beer and weed at that particular time. But thats not to say I can't anyway.

As I proved later that night. When it comes to festival sex, beer is a fucking god send.
14.10.2011 - 06:44
Guib
Thrash Talker
Im starting to think that this particular Skeletonwitch conversation is getting a little creepy, but whatever man... I tend to stay away from drunken slutty metal girls... My gf doesn't like them lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.10.2011 - 07:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
New album streaming here (in case people weren't aware).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."