The Metal Art Of Thrashing (Ordered By Years)
So you're seeking some good ol' (or new) Thrash Metal and you don't know where to look? Recommendations are running low and you're tired of wandering forums aimlessly, only to find one or two albums that you've probably already heard of?...If so, my friend, then stop searching and welcome to my little sanctuary. Nowadays, most would say that I'm a complete Thrash addict, always in need of it's fix, and they would be right. In order to keep my addiction under control and share it with all of you Thrash Metal maniacs, I've created this monstrous list. You may use my precious creation as an ''Encyclopedia'' of sort, in which I stored what I consider to be the best Thrash releases of all time. From the acclaimed classics like *Exodus - Bonded By Blood* and *Kreator - Pleasure To Kill* to the more hidden jewels like *Believers - Extraction From Mortality* and *Anacrusis - Suffering Hour* or even more recent gems like *Skeletonwitch - Beyond The Permafrost* and *Vektor - Black Future*, I've got it all. I know it might look exhaustive but after many user's complaints I decided to add this guide so here are few tricks to browse this monster of a list efficiently.
- Browsing My List - A How To Guide -
1. First of all, albums are ordered by years of release so if you don't like modern thrash metal (Resurgence and/or Revivalists) just don't go past Absu's ''The Third Storm Of Cythraul'' album, it pretty much draws the line between old school and modern thrash in the list. And no I don't consider ''Resurgence Thrash Metal'' to be a legitimate style, it's just to make it easier for you guys, when browsing the list.
2. Also, I've added every single album's thrash style. So if you like Death, Crossover, Prog, Melodic, Tech, Power, Black, Grind and even Groove Thrash.. it's all there suit yourself.
3. Now that you know this, if you found a band that you like very much and can't stand searching for other albums of that band that I might have suggested because the list is too goddamn long and it fucks your brain up, don't panic. Hit Ctrl + F, and write the band's name in the created box (under the browser's search bar), then click NEXT, NEXT (...) to jump from one album to the other. Simple ain't it? You can do this with the style, country or even a chosen year.
4. Lastly, albums with a ''★'' after the genre's description represents albums that I consider as being classics of the genre or something you shouldn't miss, no I am not the all mighty reference guru in Thrash Metal, yes I do know a lot and yes it is possible for you to disagree with me on that matter. I do hope that this little guide did help you and if not, press Alt + F4, in order to gtfo. Have fun.
P.S. Feel free to recommend me new thrash please.
I do accept PMS but you can suggest here aswell
: Guib's Best Thrash Album of 2015 :
Running Death - Overdrive
: Guib's Best Thrash Album of 2016 So Far :
Vektor - Terminal Redux
Also check Daggon's List here: A Quick Guide For Thrash Metal, Sex and Tacos!
And ChapuLviz's List here: Top 35 German Thrash Albums
And Vasil de Shumen's List over there: Best of US THRASH [ without The Big Four ]
Last Updated: May, 30, 2016
Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Guib ]
Comments page 9 / 9
Comments: 243 Visited by: 984 users
| J the Metallizer
Hits total: 29606 | This month: 354