Metal Storm logo
Favorite Iron Maiden guitarist

Original post

Posted by Smurfophagist, 25.02.2008 - 14:25
I wanted to hear your opinions on Iron Maiden's guitarists. Which one is your favorite one?
My personal favorite is Adrian Smith. I find his musical style to be quite versatile, his solos and his riffs are equally breathtaking. He is also probably one of my favorite guitar players of all times.

Poll

Which one is Your favorite Iron Maiden guitar player?

Dave Murray
Adrian Smith
Janick Gers

Total votes: 128
20.04.2011 - 00:15
RavenKing
I wonder how anyone sane in his/her mind can vote for Gers.
He's the less skilled. Only a poor replacement they should have fired when Adrian came back.
And his live performances? God, I can't stand that guy. He looks like an idiot on stage.

Matter of tastes, you will say. Well, there is good and bad taste, I would say.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
20.04.2011 - 04:53
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I generally have a hard time telling guitarist's apart, but from what I could get on the Live After Death D.V.D, the best solo's were played by Dave, so there goes my vote.
20.05.2011 - 16:35
Razorback
I was thinking between Dave Murray and Adrian Smith,but my vote goes to Dave.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
21.05.2011 - 02:23
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I'm another fan of Adrian Smith. I love his songwriting and solos. As stated in one of the DVD's i own. Smith plans his guitar work where Murray improvises.
26.05.2011 - 03:29
ANGEL REAPER
Oh shit i forgot for who did i vote....
Its no Gers for sure....but for who did i vote?
I think that i vote for Dave.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
04.07.2011 - 15:07
evilwayz
It is a tough choice between Adrian and Dave, but I prefer Adrian. Janick's solos are far behind Dave and Adrian.
06.11.2011 - 14:59
Krokberg
Really close between Dave and Adrian, they both are equal guitar players, but I like Adrian better on stage, he can also sing, so there goes my vote.
06.03.2012 - 11:18
Korah
Adrian Smith of course. He's more based on progressive metal.
----
Don't cry for my English
07.06.2012 - 00:53
nicaZe
Savatage
Dave Murray and Adrian Smith are IM perfect combination...I gave my vote to Dave because of Live After Death...I think he kick ass on thet concert...but I also like Adrian solos and maybe his solos in '00s Maiden are better then Dave's.
28.03.2013 - 14:21
Metal_Elle
Adrian Smith