Metal Storm logo
Bands From Portugal

24.03.2008 - 00:03
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Which bands do you know from Portugal? Most of you will probably say Moonspell but fortunately there is more to us than Moonspell. So let me know what are the bands you're actually familiar with...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
24.03.2008 - 09:54
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Can I say? lol Of course I'm biased... well My Enchantment, Shadowsphere, Oratory, Desire, Corpus Christii. Ill mention these 5 now because I think they are good bands and because I like them. Of course there are thousands of portuguese metal bands and not all of them are interesting, as everywhere else I suppose.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.03.2008 - 11:08
Damnated
Churchburner
Know a few black metal bands like Flagellum Dei, InThyFlesh, Morte Incandescente and Corpus Christii, but only the later deserves attention.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.03.2008 - 11:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
From Doom: Agon, Ava Inferi, Before the Rain, Celestial Dark, Divine Lust, Desire, Eternal Mourning, Extreme Unction, Gnosticism, Merankorii, Why Angels Fall

Black: Celtic Dance andnothe rbend member side projects, Flamma Aeterna, Corpus Christii,

Of corse moonspell, Casablanca, In Solitude, Ironsword, Morbid Death , Sarcastic (female member are so hot), FullMoonChild,
Its basicly all but also I know soem 40 bands more but cant remeber, those I kmow because i had some mp3 of tham but soem doom I know from doom-metal.com
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.03.2008 - 13:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I forgot to mention Bleeding Display, there was a time when I listened to them a lot.
----

My Instagram
24.03.2008 - 14:27
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Men Eater - They released an album last year which was excellent. In fact, it was on my top 25 of 2007.

BlackSunRise - I listen to them once in a while, not bad. I saw them live and they were good.

Holocausto Canibal - This is probably the sickest band from Portugal. They play death/grind with some goregrind influences. Saw them live too, that's why I say that they probably are the sickest band from Portugal.

The Ransack - I actually own a t-shirt. This is a pretty good band, they are labeled as Modern Extreme Metal. I was impressed with their live show because despite the mic had some problems (electric shocks) , the vocalist kept singing. Doing an entire show with electric shocks in the mouth isn't pleasant, i guess. But the band gave an awesome show.

Forgodsfake - Thrashcore. When their debut cd was released i was always listening to it. They were a pretty good listen for me but now when i listen to it isn't the same thing. I can't listen the entire cd without get bored.

Bleeding Display - I listened Ways To End a couple of times but i stopped because at the time i was listening mostly Death Metal and there were bands way more interesting than Bleeding Display.
I'm not saying they're bad.

Simbiose - A crust/death band. I only heard Evolution? (latest album) and i liked it. Despite the cd only lasts 28 minutes, it provides a good listen.

Godiva - Gothic/Melodic Death Metal. This band released an EP (Spiral) last year and it was quite interesting. Never heard a Melodeath band from Portugal before.

Pitch Black - Probably the best Thrash band from Portugal. They'll release a new cd soon but for now they only have one full-length - Thrash Killing Machine. Good cd and they're live performance is even better (powerful and energetic).

Before The Rain - Great doom metal band. People say that Desire is very good too but i've never listened to them (only saw a live show but i was too tired to watch them till the end). One Day Less is the name of their first and only full-length so far. I liked it a lot (i'm listening it again now). They're interesting live too.

W.A.K.O. - Some kind of death/thrash with groove too. I listened Deconstructive Essence several times and i can't get tired of this album. Try it.

I can't remember more bands at the time. I'll post later if i remember something.
24.03.2008 - 15:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Unconsecrated on 24.03.2008 at 14:27

Men Eater - They released an album last year which was excellent. In fact, it was on my top 25 of 2007.

BlackSunRise - I listen to them once in a while, not bad. I saw them live and they were good.

Holocausto Canibal - This is probably the sickest band from Portugal. They play death/grind with some goregrind influences. Saw them live too, that's why I say that they probably are the sickest band from Portugal.

The Ransack - I actually own a t-shirt. This is a pretty good band, they are labeled as Modern Extreme Metal. I was impressed with their live show because despite the mic had some problems (electric shocks) , the vocalist kept singing. Doing an entire show with electric shocks in the mouth isn't pleasant, i guess. But the band gave an awesome show.

Forgodsfake - Thrashcore. When their debut cd was released i was always listening to it. They were a pretty good listen for me but now when i listen to it isn't the same thing. I can't listen the entire cd without get bored.

Bleeding Display - I listened Ways To End a couple of times but i stopped because at the time i was listening mostly Death Metal and there were bands way more interesting than Bleeding Display.
I'm not saying they're bad.

Simbiose - A crust/death band. I only heard Evolution? (latest album) and i liked it. Despite the cd only lasts 28 minutes, it provides a good listen.

Godiva - Gothic/Melodic Death Metal. This band released an EP (Spiral) last year and it was quite interesting. Never heard a Melodeath band from Portugal before.

Pitch Black - Probably the best Thrash band from Portugal. They'll release a new cd soon but for now they only have one full-length - Thrash Killing Machine. Good cd and they're live performance is even better (powerful and energetic).

Before The Rain - Great doom metal band. People say that Desire is very good too but i've never listened to them (only saw a live show but i was too tired to watch them till the end). One Day Less is the name of their first and only full-length so far. I liked it a lot (i'm listening it again now). They're interesting live too.

W.A.K.O. - Some kind of death/thrash with groove too. I listened Deconstructive Essence several times and i can't get tired of this album. Try it.

I can't remember more bands at the time. I'll post later if i remember something.

I know what you mean by Bleeding Display, actually its too similar to what you hear in death metal every year, thats why its not very exciting although it is a good album, it adds nothing to the scene.

I forgot RAMP, and I shouldnt, they are one of the best portuguese bands ever, all their cds are great, they have a more thrashy approach, we can definately see Pantera and Metallica were big influences for them, it shows in their music. It seems that they are preparing a new album, quite interesting.
----

My Instagram
24.03.2008 - 16:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@ Incinerated - Dont like anyband of list
----

apos;'
[image]
24.03.2008 - 20:30
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Moonspell is one the great band in portugal , I offer listen to their music and enjoy . their genre is gothic but u know moonspell's gothic is different ,that is so superlative
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
24.03.2008 - 21:31
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I'm suprised to see so many bands here,it makes me proud! Bands such as Simbiose, Pitch Black and of course Ramp, an old one but a very good one!
----
24.03.2008 - 21:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by SlaytallicA on 24.03.2008 at 21:31

I'm suprised to see so many bands here,it makes me proud! Bands suck as Simbiose, Pitch Black and of course Ramp, an old one but a very good one!

ramp are not old!!!!
----

My Instagram
24.03.2008 - 21:46
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by BloodTears on 24.03.2008 at 21:43

I'm suprised to see so many bands here,it makes me proud! Bands suck as Simbiose, Pitch Black and of course Ramp, an old one but a very good one!

ramp are not old!!!!

Their career have almost 20 years... Is almost of your age!
----
24.03.2008 - 22:46
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by SlaytallicA on 24.03.2008 at 21:46

Written by BloodTears on 24.03.2008 at 21:43

ramp are not old!!!!

Their career have almost 20 years... Is almost of your age!

I know that, I also know that they are not old.
----

My Instagram
25.03.2008 - 00:14
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent

Well, i don't think they suck but the fact that they're on every festival in Portugal annoys me a bit. So, i think that they can be compared to "Emplastro" :p Overall, i do like their musics.
25.03.2008 - 00:17
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Bad English on 24.03.2008 at 16:36

Not even Before The Rain?
25.03.2008 - 00:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Unconsecrated on 25.03.2008 at 00:17

Written by Bad English on 24.03.2008 at 16:36

Not even Before The Rain?

Sorry I didnt redacarifuly and I love that band, I mention it too
----

apos;'
[image]
25.03.2008 - 10:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Unconsecrated on 25.03.2008 at 00:14

Well, i don't think they suck but the fact that they're on every festival in Portugal annoys me a bit. So, i think that they can be compared to "Emplastro" :p Overall, i do like their musics.

he meant to say "such" instead of "suck". Im pretty sure.
----

My Instagram
25.03.2008 - 11:55
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
My mistake , sorry.
25.03.2008 - 14:18
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by BloodTears on 25.03.2008 at 10:23

Written by Unconsecrated on 25.03.2008 at 00:14

he meant to say "such" instead of "suck". Im pretty sure.

She´s right,I've already correct it,it was my mistake! I'm the one to apolagise, Sorry to you all!
----
25.03.2008 - 22:23
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I saw a topic opened by Severed Survival in which he talked about a portuguese band called Thormenthor. Since i saw so many good reactions there i decided to come here and ask you if you know them? Personally, this was the first time i heard about this band.
25.03.2008 - 23:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Unconsecrated on 25.03.2008 at 22:23

I saw a topic opened by Severed Survival in which he talked about a portuguese band called Thormenthor. Since i saw so many good reactions there i decided to come here and ask you if you know them? Personally, this was the first time i heard about this band.

Never heard of them no. Do they have an album out?
----

My Instagram
25.03.2008 - 23:39
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by BloodTears on 25.03.2008 at 23:04

Try this: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=20728
25.03.2008 - 23:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Unconsecrated on 25.03.2008 at 23:39

Try this: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=20728

Wow, this looks interesting. They are actually old. They kinda look like Death, I wonder if thats their inspiration
----

My Instagram
26.03.2008 - 01:00
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy

Never heard of them either,they sound really good!!
----
27.03.2008 - 11:51
owl
There are a lot of great bands in this country. I knew Moonspell before they became as known (and as hated, too ) as they are today, and since then they are on the top of my list.

Besides them, I know a few more, such as Filii Nigrantium Infernalium (who have the 'nerve' to sing in portuguese, as well as making great music), WEB, Pitch Black, Mata-Ratos, Daemonarch (intimately connected to Moonspell, as you might know), Assemblent, Ava Inferi (a half-portuguese project, if you will), Desire, Demon Dagger, Cycles, Holocausto Canibal, Before the Rain, Heavenwood. These are the ones I remember right now.
I know many others by name but I can't say I actually listened to them properly.
----
27.03.2008 - 15:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by owl on 27.03.2008 at 11:51

There are a lot of great bands in this country. I knew Moonspell before they became as known (and as hated, too ) as they are today, and since then they are on the top of my list.

Besides them, I know a few more, such as Filii Nigrantium Infernalium (who have the 'nerve' to sing in portuguese, as well as making great music), WEB, Pitch Black, Mata-Ratos, Daemonarch (intimately connected to Moonspell, as you might know), Assemblent, Ava Inferi (a half-portuguese project, if you will), Desire, Demon Dagger, Cycles, Holocausto Canibal, Before the Rain, Heavenwood. These are the ones I remember right now.
I know many others by name but I can't say I actually listened to them properly.

You was alive in 80ties and 70ties so you know and shood know good bands what are split up and firgotten
Sometimes I wish be +10+20 years older
----

apos;'
[image]
27.03.2008 - 18:11
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy

Funny mention of Mata-Ratos,I like them a lot,one of the best from the punk area... But Censurados gives no chance! Old times!!
----
27.03.2008 - 18:20
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite

How are Moonspell hated?
----

My Instagram
27.03.2008 - 19:00
owl
Written by BloodTears on 27.03.2008 at 18:20
How are Moonspell hated?
I see many people putting them down because "they're sellouts", "commercial", and so on. Believe me, I see it all the time. Good thing is I still know more people who like them than people who hate them.

@ Kariasakis7: yes, I was alive back then, but that doesn't mean I was in touch with this scene at the time.
----
27.03.2008 - 21:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by owl on 27.03.2008 at 19:00

Written by BloodTears on 27.03.2008 at 18:20
How are Moonspell hated?
I see many people putting them down because "they're sellouts", "commercial", and so on. Believe me, I see it all the time. Good thing is I still know more people who like them than people who hate them.

@ Kariasakis7: yes, I was alive back then, but that doesn't mean I was in touch with this scene at the time.

I never met anyone who hated them, really, im so fortunate. The people I know recognize their worth. Actually not one metal record had been in the charts before "Memorial" and people always think what sells is commercial right, try listening to the album idiots.

Thanks for sharing that though
----

My Instagram