Metal Storm logo
Dreams

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 18.06.2006 - 00:47
Dreams...do you believe in them? what do they mean to you....what was the nicest and the most horrible dream you've ever had...what was your last night's dream...and, in fact what are dreams? these are the questions i would like you to answer to in this thread...I, for one, believe that dreams are just bullcrap; my guess is that they are just representations of the most intense feelings and events that happened to a person during a day, or a certain period of time, that come out at night....so, i'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about this...
07.07.2006 - 06:46
Aresius
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 28.06.2006 at 14:14

i once dreamt i was in some kind of a room full of people,and i was chatting and stuff, then i felt the urge to go to the bathroom,being it that(in the real world ) i have been to the bathroom only oncec in that day,and then,well i "fired" but nothing...again,nothing...and then(i usually have "evrika" moments in dreams,stuff like "omg i have to wake up or i'll miss the exam) i thought "holy shit i pissed my pants".i immediatley woke up and, presto!i peed my pants

lol...I would say I feel sorry for you, but unfortunately I know how it feels...and it sucks...anyways...once I had a really odd dream...but it was very funny, at least for me...George Bush was the lead singer of Megadeth, and Dave Mustaine was the president of the US...lol, Bush rocks though, he should learn how to play guitar...Clinton plays sax...what am I saying? anyways...I was listening to Megadeth and I didnt turn off the cd player...(sorry I dont have ipod, Im not that rich) ok...I forgot what I was saying so...damn...what? you guys get the idea...I feel really tired...excuse me...I'll continue later

07.07.2006 - 19:01
Graveheart
Written by AntaeusM on 22.06.2006 at 20:51
That is probably a sleep paralysis.

Correct me if this is bullshit, but as far as I know about it, sleep paralysis can be explained as the exact opposite of sleepwalking - the mind is awake when the body is asleep. Maybe this is what you said too, but that's what I have heard. It sounds interesting, though I am not sure if I want to experience them myself.

There is one particular thing about dreams I have been thinking about a lot. I believe that you can have dreams of yourself with completely different personalities than you really are. For example a peaceful and calm person can have extremely violent dreams... What you can never be in real life comes alive in your head when you sleep. I have had this theory ever since I had one very shocking dream about a year ago - I swear, I didn't recognize myself in it.

I had this friend about ten years ago. Sometimes he was my friend, but there were also moments when we were enemies and didn't get along. He was mean to me often and when I was hurt he found it funny. But most of the time it wasn't that bad. Like it happens to all friends in the end, we started to become different and some distance was growing, and he moved away when we were about twelve years old and I haven't seen him since. I don't really have anything against him, those things belong to the past, but, even though I don't know why, last summer it all came back to me in a dream.

In the dream I was home alone with nothing to do. Then I heard the doorbell ring and when I opened the door, it was this friend I talked about in the last paragraph (let's call him Kevin, it's not his real name). You can't believe how surprised I was, meeting Kevin again, even though he lived far away and now he was standing in front of me again after all those years. He said he just wanted to pay a visit, see an old friend again after five distant years, you know, talk about things and old childhood memories. There was no reason to disagree so I let him in.

So we were sitting in my room, Kevin and me, talking about the past and everything what was going around us when we were still kids. It all began great, the discussion was friendly at start, but then one of us (later I think it had to be me) reminded the other about something that should have better left unsaid. I knew it would turn out like this any second, because some memories about us are too dangerous to be remembered and voiced. So now we had a serious fight going on, we were shouting and insulting each other, worse than ever before when we were children. Aggressive words became fists and then we were beating each other in the face. He was getting the better of me, but then I picked up a baseball bat or something (I don't know where I got it, I don't even have one), hit Kevin with it and he fell down on the floor. I didn't stop it, I kept beating him even though I knew he could no longer hurt me.

I absolutely have no idea why I had become such a violent monster so suddenly. There was nothing going on in my head other than "hit Kevin, kill Kevin, he deserves this, I have had too much and now it is his turn..." And Kevin tried to explain, he wanted to speak some sense to me. But I didn't want to listen, I was so furious that the only thing I cared about was to revenge so he could never be mean to me again and laugh at my pain. So I kept beating Kevin until he could no longer speak or move. Then I stopped it and finally realised WHAT THE HELL I WAS DOING. An old friend of mine is beaten (almost) to death on my floor and in my hands I have a baseball bat with his blood on it. I was myself again and felt guilty, I knew I was in trouble. While beating Kevin I felt I had the right to maul him because he threatened me and forced me to let him in my house, in my room. But it wasn't like that... he wasn't aggressive, nor attacking, it was me who started the violence and he only wanted to be friends again after a long time. It never occured to me that maybe he has changed during those five years, he might have gone through times that have made him a different person, a good guy, not the teasing little sadist anymore that I used to remember him as.

What an amazing range of emotions I was going through in that dream... at first I felt surprised, then happy, then annoyed, then hateful, then ready to kill, then guilty and finally ashamed. Then I woke up and couldn't believe what I just saw. I knew it didn't happen in real life, but it was too bizarre for a dream, even. I have never seen that side of me before and that's why I didn't recognize myself, it had to be someone else. If I ever see Kevin again I will remember the dream and I'm afraid to talk to him, because the situation might become something too similar in the direction of the dream, and I don't want that to happen. It's not the fear of Kevin himself, instead it's the fear of myself and what I would do to him the next time we meet.
07.07.2006 - 22:12
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Graveheart on 07.07.2006 at 19:01

Correct me if this is bullshit, but as far as I know about it, sleep paralysis can be explained as the exact opposite of sleepwalking - the mind is awake when the body is asleep. Maybe this is what you said too, but that's what I have heard. It sounds interesting, though I am not sure if I want to experience them myself.

Well, it makes sense what you are saying, but I don't know. I never really digged into the sleep walking topic. The first few times you can feel panic or anxious, so it isn't really interesting to experience. I simply got used to it, but I rather don't have them. I even changed my sleeping schedules so I can avoid a sleep paralysis.
07.07.2006 - 23:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
omg graveheart,that is really disturbing,beating someone else like that....anyway (not to brag )if it was my dream,i would've thought it would become real someday,like i said in the paranormal pathways thread....
10.07.2006 - 08:51
TheKreator
Account deleted
@ Graveheart wow...interesting dream...i've heard some persons talking about this stuff...that in some dreams you can discover your let's say...darker side....some sort of Jeckyll and Hyde
10.07.2006 - 14:37
Graveheart
Yeah, I was also thinking about something like that. I stopped having real nightmares ages ago, but now the most disturbing dreams are those that have myself behaving in a way that just isn't me. I have grown used to dreaming about violence that breaks out from an external source and into me, but it is nothing compared to how scary it feels when it goes the other way. Then I feel like a stranger because I'm nowhere near that kind of a person.

I have seen some similar but less serious cases since that, but the most memorable one is when I dreamt that I had moved into some other place and I tried to block an intruder who was going to break an entry. My lungs hurt because I shouted and raged at him at full volume, I tried to push him away even though he was behind some kind of a barrier that kept me from attacking him. Fortunately it did, because I wouldn't have wanted to think about it afterwards if I had done something to him. I felt I was protecting something from him, maybe I had a family in the house with me and my belongings. Somehow I was absolutely sure that this intruder was dangerous and wanted to hurt not only me but also my wife and children. But no one managed to do anything to anyone before I woke up, and I only wonder if I actually screamed aloud so that it was not only in the dream where it was heard. I was not the only one awake.

Does it make any sense that this might happen to anyone? Tell me about it if it does, if your dreamworld is the place where you could be anything you would never be normally.
12.07.2006 - 17:45
Sunioj
@Graveheart,
Ive screamed when I was asleep many times, nightmares come and go with me..

In fact, I dont know if this ever happenned to anyone but has anyone ever suffocated in their dreams and when you woke up, it felt like you were actually choking?

Last night I dreamt that my best friend was going to sacrifice herself for my sake so I can move on to have a future (so weird) but I called her and asked her if she could do it, and then she started crying and then I also asked her if she could leave me some money behind. Its so weird, then I saw her at her boyfriends?my other friends house and she was about to leave and die for me and it was so normal to everyone around us. Fucking morbid dream. pretty scary.
13.07.2006 - 03:37
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
Written by AntaeusM on 07.07.2006 at 22:12

Written by Graveheart on 07.07.2006 at 19:01

Well, it makes sense what you are saying, but I don't know. I never really digged into the sleep walking topic. The first few times you can feel panic or anxious, so it isn't really interesting to experience. I simply got used to it, but I rather don't have them. I even changed my sleeping schedules so I can avoid a sleep paralysis.

I remember when I was 12 I had a dream that I walked into my parents' bathroom and dumped mouthwash all over the counter, sink, and toilet. I woke up, and my parents were yelling at me telling me I dumped mouthwash all over their bathroom.

As far as sleep paralysis goes, I don't know if this qualifies, but last night I was sleeping and I suddenly woke up. I could move, but my arm was totally useless. It wasn't numb or anything I just couldn't move it for the life of me. I hardly cared. I just went back to sleep and in the morning I could move my arm again.
13.07.2006 - 03:47
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by [user id=641] on 13.07.2006 at 03:37

As far as sleep paralysis goes, I don't know if this qualifies, but last night I was sleeping and I suddenly woke up. I could move, but my arm was totally useless. It wasn't numb or anything I just couldn't move it for the life of me. I hardly cared. I just went back to sleep and in the morning I could move my arm again.

Just one part of your body? Nah, then it isn't a sleep paralysis. Probably your arm was in a wrong position when you were sleeping. I sometimes have that too with my arm or leg. Then you just need to force yourself to make a loud sound between the joints and then everything is fine.

With a sleep paralysis your body gives a substance to all your muscles. This substance paralyse your muscles. That's why your experience can't be a sleep paralysis, because you were only partly paralysed. The substance paralyses everything.
13.07.2006 - 04:06
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
whoa that's crazy. i don't even want that to happen
13.07.2006 - 17:20
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by Graveheart on 10.07.2006 at 14:37

Yeah, I was also thinking about something like that. I stopped having real nightmares ages ago, but now the most disturbing dreams are those that have myself behaving in a way that just isn't me. I have grown used to dreaming about violence that breaks out from an external source and into me, but it is nothing compared to how scary it feels when it goes the other way. Then I feel like a stranger because I'm nowhere near that kind of a person.

I have seen some similar but less serious cases since that, but the most memorable one is when I dreamt that I had moved into some other place and I tried to block an intruder who was going to break an entry. My lungs hurt because I shouted and raged at him at full volume, I tried to push him away even though he was behind some kind of a barrier that kept me from attacking him. Fortunately it did, because I wouldn't have wanted to think about it afterwards if I had done something to him. I felt I was protecting something from him, maybe I had a family in the house with me and my belongings. Somehow I was absolutely sure that this intruder was dangerous and wanted to hurt not only me but also my wife and children. But no one managed to do anything to anyone before I woke up, and I only wonder if I actually screamed aloud so that it was not only in the dream where it was heard. I was not the only one awake.

Does it make any sense that this might happen to anyone? Tell me about it if it does, if your dreamworld is the place where you could be anything you would never be normally.

this is almost like the stuff going on in "The Wall"...if you haven't seen it yet ( which i hardly can belive) you should really take a look at it...and also listen to more Pink Floyd
14.07.2006 - 01:30
Graveheart
Yes, I have seen "the Wall" (twice). I haven't thought about its resemblance to my dreams until now, but you do have a point there now that I think about it. Maybe I had one of those dreams the same night after watching the movie, but that would be just an amazing coincidence, though it's a possibility. In the movie it seemed Pink wasn't aware of himself all the time either.

But there is also more stuff I wonder about. Whenever on vacation (like just now) I dream often about being at school, but on school mornings I wake up from dreaming that I don't have to go there. It really gets confusing after a while. The same thing is with seasons, sometimes I have winter dreams in summer and vice versa.
15.07.2006 - 09:20
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by Graveheart on 14.07.2006 at 01:30

Yes, I have seen "the Wall" (twice). I haven't thought about its resemblance to my dreams until now, but you do have a point there now that I think about it. Maybe I had one of those dreams the same night after watching the movie, but that would be just an amazing coincidence, though it's a possibility. In the movie it seemed Pink wasn't aware of himself all the time either.

But there is also more stuff I wonder about. Whenever on vacation (like just now) I dream often about being at school, but on school mornings I wake up from dreaming that I don't have to go there. It really gets confusing after a while. The same thing is with seasons, sometimes I have winter dreams in summer and vice versa.

from all you've said till now in this topic, it seems to me you are a very contradictory person (in terms of dreams)....i think you must be having trouble with making decisions in the real life...right?
16.07.2006 - 04:17
Graveheart
Written by [user id=4571] on 15.07.2006 at 09:20
from all you've said till now in this topic, it seems to me you are a very contradictory person (in terms of dreams)....i think you must be having trouble with making decisions in the real life...right?

To be honest I don't know how to answer that, I haven't faced any tough decisions that much. Of course I do care about what happens in my life, but in a group I am not the one who decides about things.

Rather I would say I am emotionless. I haven't cried for at least six years, cannot remember the last time I was angry with someone (there are things that piss me off, but not real people who do) and I smile and laugh at humor only. Talking about funny things, I find it ironic that the only place where my feelings are real is dreams, where everything else is not. Only in dreams I am not the indifferent one who underreacts to everything. Of course I am calm and nice and friendly to people and that's not faking, but I am also dull and boring and colorless. Imagine a smiley in the end of my each sentence if I sound like a robot.
27.07.2006 - 18:38
Darky
Account deleted
My scariest dream ever:

I was in a church in my friends funeral. I was called up to make a speech, i did that and when the speech was half finished i started crying and said "I cant do this anymore." I took five steps so all the people could see me and cut my throat. Everyone didnt care and just looked at me doing it. And then my friend who was suppose to be dead started making a speech about me and i was in the coffin .. not her.

Its so strange becouse i had that dream the day after she moved to Danmark.
08.08.2006 - 05:29
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
I once seen the most fucking scary dream of my life. I saw my funeral. At first i was in the coffin and i was looking up to them but couldn't move and then the priest said: "May his soul rest in peace", and they closed the coffin. Then there was complete darkness for a while but after i saw the people at my funeral like i was watching a movie on TV. It was so frightening. My mother crying, my girlfriend sitting alone with a dead expression in her eyes and my friends sitting all together but without speaking, just silent faces.

And as usually when i woke up i thought that this dream was real and i felt so relief that it was just a dream.
11.08.2006 - 01:15
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
A dream that i had many times is when i was watching a pork being dismembered in front of me by my dad, like he want me to learn it or make me sensless. This dream always tormented me.

The best dream i ever had was that i was in an aztec battle hehe.
07.09.2006 - 05:28
Monolith
Account deleted
All my dreams are put into movie trailers..............REALLY LONG MOVIE TRAILERS!!!!!
29.09.2006 - 20:50
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I'm dreaming for more music and girls awake and asleep. Kinda like it
30.09.2006 - 10:13
Iris
Account deleted
Dreams are thoughts we have in the subconscious part of our brain... Imagine dreams like thoughts under your thoughts! That way you are only able to ''see'' these thoughts in your dreams. Another explanation is that when you see a very specific dream that has to do with something you are anxious or nervous for, is because you were thinking of this very intense....
My worst dream? Well I saw that I was pregnant when I was 16 ang I was forced to bear the child (and ruin my life) without telling the father (which was my current boyfriend back then).
30.09.2006 - 18:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
My freind had a dream about me last Night. He dreamed that I had sex with this girl I like,
she's Mexican(Oh how I love Latinas) But that's Irrelevant.
I had gotten her pregnant and had to borrow money from him which he somehow had.....
I just felt the need to share that.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
04.10.2006 - 02:24
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Wow......I think I killed this thread!

Hey guys, don't be scared to post something
because you feel awkward, and I appologize
for making such an obscure post.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
07.10.2006 - 09:48
Eight
Shapeshifter
That what you won't see everyday. a guy dreamed of his friend haveing sex
A friend of mine, allways haveing dream of someone hunting him and trying to kill, but he suddonly becomes something like Stalone and beats the shit out of them, same story everyday
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
07.10.2006 - 11:18
iaberis
Advice Troll
Damn!
Well, my worst nightmare had a metal background!

I remember I was at the top of a mountain and I jumped down to suicide. After some pretty painfull hits on trees, I achieved to stop my fall at a tree on the mountainside... There was snow and near the roots of the tree, I found some CDs. It was the album "A night at the opera" from Blind Guardian and "Fear of the Dark" from Iron Maiden, but on the front cover, there were pics of the bands decapitated! Full of fear, I started climbing the mountainside, till I reached a road, shortly above. There was that bodybuilder freak from Manowar (their mascot) mutilating bodies with a chainsaw!!! The snow turned red from the blood; I picked up a tiny stick and throwed it at his head, then he got mad and started chasing me! Then I woke up...

Alhough I usually can explain my dreams, this was out of my hand... Any help guys?
Some friends of me explained it, as I should stop listening to metal and visiting gore sites!

Now, about my last night's dream. I saw, that a rare disease hit my right ankle and the doctores at the hospital, cut off my both legs without a warning!!! I was on a wheel chair and the only thing that was in my mind, was "How the hell I'm gonna excercise and run in the gym, with two metal legs from titanium form the knees and below???" Weird dreams...
----
Bitch! Please
13.10.2006 - 16:26
FOOCK Nam
If u dream that u were peeing in the dream, then u really pee in real when ur laying in the bed. lol
14.10.2006 - 13:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by iaberis on 07.10.2006 at 11:18

I remember I was at the top of a mountain and I jumped down to suicide. After some pretty painfull hits on trees, I achieved to stop my fall at a tree on the mountainside... There was snow and near the roots of the tree, I found some CDs. It was the album "A night at the opera" from Blind Guardian and "Fear of the Dark" from Iron Maiden, but on the front cover, there were pics of the bands decapitated! Full of fear, I started climbing the mountainside, till I reached a road, shortly above. There was that bodybuilder freak from Manowar (their mascot) mutilating bodies with a chainsaw!!! The snow turned red from the blood; I picked up a tiny stick and throwed it at his head, then he got mad and started chasing me! Then I woke up...

Alhough I usually can explain my dreams, this was out of my hand... Any help guys?

this was so good!!
that macho guy at manowar really kicks ass(unlike the bandmembers lol)
but as for the dream itself,it may be that you don't want/want them getting killed and as for the manowar guy, well maybe you subconsciously think he's such a macho guy and he's got all sorts of warrior viking girls jerking him off(if you were gay,you could subconsciously think you want to screw him )
15.10.2006 - 20:58
Graveshift
i had a dream a few days ago that was broken up into many segments ...
there was an aspect of some type of sword fighting, a part were i was being followed (im not sure but that could have ended up in the previously mentioned sword fight) and finally a part about me looking at how much money i had in my bank at a cash machine .... which wasnt much and was a bit alarming ...
when i awoke i went to the nearest cash machine and it wasnt far off from what the dream had shown .. hahaha
subconsious maths deductions? hahaha

i had a dream last night that i had payed for a tv licence 3 times and that it had all come out of my bank account hahaha (im a student and in need of a tv licence before i can watch tv ... - poor me huh? haha)

apparently people are supposed to have a nightmare about once a month on average, as in waking up in terror or feeling uneasy about a dream and such .. my dreams dont seem to go like that ... apparently i am a 'lucid' dreamer and so my mind changes things in a dream from bad to good ...

well not to sound stupid but i feel deprived !!
haha a good scare every now and again never hurt anyone ! and i want a nightmare!!
hahahaha ...

anyone got any good nightmare-ish type dreams to recant ??
----
"We are the sons of a new millenium!!"
15.10.2006 - 21:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i'm sometimes half asleep and start to think of something i.e. two guys from my class talking,and then suddenly, like a reflex i abruptly have some sort of "shock" and i get to my senses and think "wtf was that?!"
kinda weird.also i tend to have lucid dreams,like once i dreamt i had something which i really really wanted to have,and in mid-dreaming i thought "oh crap.it's just a dream" and it all went downhill
also some time ago i used to have dreams in which i suddenly think "oh fuck!!i gotta get up or i'm gonna be late"
16.10.2006 - 01:59
Graveshift
Written by Valentin B on 15.10.2006 at 21:15

some time ago i used to have dreams in which i suddenly think "oh fuck!!i gotta get up or i'm gonna be late"

ha yeh i remember having dreams like that before school ... not a very compelling argument though haha "get up or be late for school" ..
(i didn't like school too much).
----
"We are the sons of a new millenium!!"
16.10.2006 - 02:36
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Valentin B on 14.10.2006 at 13:56

(if you were gay,you could subconsciously think you want to screw him )

I'm not gay, thanks for the interest! Although my sexual status isn't going too good, I would like this idea of the viking surrounded by many girls... As he doesn't wear much cloths, it reminds me of a greek joke about Hercules! "Why Hercules is naked and holds a bat? -Because he f*cks and beats!" (greek saying).
Well, this dream still remains unclear consider it's meaning...
----
Bitch! Please