Metal Storm logo
Dreams

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 18.06.2006 - 00:47
Dreams...do you believe in them? what do they mean to you....what was the nicest and the most horrible dream you've ever had...what was your last night's dream...and, in fact what are dreams? these are the questions i would like you to answer to in this thread...I, for one, believe that dreams are just bullcrap; my guess is that they are just representations of the most intense feelings and events that happened to a person during a day, or a certain period of time, that come out at night....so, i'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about this...
16.10.2006 - 09:14
Eight
Shapeshifter
My shittiest nightmare, it started when we moved from Mardu to Tallinn, to a new apartment: Imagine that you can see your place from high above(just like in the games), family gathered, everyone is in the kitchen, happy... While im trying to climb up from floor in the hall, that is inclined down to some strange darkness and cold, something is trying to grab my foot allthetimes, im trying to scream, that someone would flee to my rescue, but it is like i have been MUTEd. And this shit lasts for hours.
The funny part is that this dream conttiniued for 2 years or so...
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
23.10.2006 - 14:29
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Eight on 16.10.2006 at 09:14

My shittiest nightmare, it started when we moved from Mardu to Tallinn, to a new apartment: Imagine that you can see your place from high above(just like in the games), family gathered, everyone is in the kitchen, happy... While im trying to climb up from floor in the hall, that is inclined down to some strange darkness and cold, something is trying to grab my foot allthetimes, im trying to scream, that someone would flee to my rescue, but it is like i have been MUTEd. And this shit lasts for hours.

According to pshycologists, that situation happens because of your seep position. It somehow disturbs your breathing process and your body has trouble in relaxing... try sleeping in a different position... of course there might be the chance that your spiritual status is warning you about an oncoming danger...
----
Bitch! Please
23.10.2006 - 14:36
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by iaberis on 23.10.2006 at 14:29

Written by Eight on 16.10.2006 at 09:14

According to pshycologists, that situation happens because of your seep position. It somehow disturbs your breathing process and your body has trouble in relaxing... try sleeping in a different position... of course there might be the chance that your spiritual status is warning you about an oncoming danger...

Belive me i tried to sleep even on my head. After two years have passed they stoped, thank God.
----

02.11.2006 - 17:28
Eight
Shapeshifter
Damn, best dream ever, was drinking all evening, went to sleep, and contineued to drink beer in my dream

Keep the dreams coming, you don't want this topic to dissapear, do you ?
----

03.11.2006 - 14:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i dreamt last night that some guys and me stole a police car and started getting high on heroin in there, but i just sat and watched.then we drove off and finally the police caught us and we were taken to questioning, and then i thought "are they gonna give me time in the big house?" and i waited for about 2 minutes and then my alarm rang to get up
10.11.2006 - 22:26
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Last night I had this kind of dream.. I was on a gig of Norther. Lindroos said "The next song will be presented by Jukka Koskinen." Koskinen came behind the mic and said "Okay, hi boys, the next song is called Omen. I love it soo much, 'cause it's so emotional, and soo tender. Ya know, when I wrote the lyrics, I was actually crying!" While he said that, he was posing and making gestures like a.. err... well.. gay. He was also talking like that, and I mean a stereotypic gay, you know? Well, then I woke up and after 5 minutes I realized it was just a dream, and were absolutely relieved. Weird.
11.11.2006 - 17:03
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I had a horrible dream last night, I dreamt that my father tried to hang himself for some reason, and then because he was found and cut down before he could die, he had developed a mental disorder (Retardation) due to the lack of oxygen to the brain. That would be worse than seeing him dead. I love my father like I love the world, so I can only express my hope of hopes that that doesn't happen.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
12.11.2006 - 17:55
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Last night I saw somewhat weird dreams. My sister had dyed her hair into blonde, although I know she'd never do that. She just said she wanted to have a bit of change in her life.

In another dream I was at a mathsclass and the teacher was the same I had three years ago in the comprehensive school. Together with her there were our biology and geography teachers. The exercise we had to do was something about flies. Suddenly the flies in the picture on the paper started to live and they were bees, not flies. I ran out of the classroom as I'm sick afraid of bees. Then I woke up.
----
You'll never walk alone.
12.11.2006 - 20:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i dreamt about 4-5 days ago of something, i just can't recall now, but it was something really trivial, and there was this "extra element"(something outside the general theme) that i didn't know what it was until about 5 minutes after i woke up when i remembered it-my mind was playing tricks on me
12.11.2006 - 22:27
LethargyMan
My dreams are fairly normal; normal in the sense that they are just as odd as everybody else's. I dream very vividly - full colour HD surround sound shit, and I usually remember a fair bit of them... I even have "cliffhangers" and "two-parter" dreams on occasion, where I'll wake up in the middle of a dream and it'll continue when I fall asleep the following night...

... Yet my dreams are very mundane, usually involving me driving on the highway, working, walking around town, and/or in dull conversations with friends. On rare occurrences, something of interest will happen (like when a huge Zeppelin landed in front of the house, with military officials recruiting me to join a super-secret counter-terrorism unit - but even then the dream involved me packing up my things and not actually fighting anything), but otherwise they're usually grossly uninteresting.

Also, I constantly get the feeling of deja-vu, and that I've already experienced something in a recent dream... but it gets hard to tell if it was truly from a dream or not when your dreams involve "sitting in a classroom very bored." I don't believe dreams are spiritual journeys or messages or anything, but simply a totally cool device the brain uses to process the events of the day.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
13.11.2006 - 08:26
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i have been dreaming alot lately...i've been sleeping alot to aviod reality so that's the explanation...i believe dreams reflect what is in your mind and stuff you would like to happen...i wish i could control my dreams, u know, like program myself and say "tonight i would like to dream this and that"...dreams should come true...not all of them of course...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
13.11.2006 - 16:13
Graveshift
Written by nana.MD on 13.11.2006 at 08:26

i wish i could control my dreams, u know, like program myself and say "tonight i would like to dream this and that"

i like dreams, but the reason they are so good and such is due to their absurdity and the way in which whats on your mind and in your subconscious can actually be enacted in a way that can range from a normal situation to something that simply defies reality. . .
Thats what i think makes dreams so enjoyable... perhaps it's a mechanism of the brain to amuse the resting mind by showing it situations and such..

If anyone can be bothered you can try this (and we'll see how dreams might be able to solve problems - perhaps) :

ok i have a sort of question riddle thing that i was once told ... here goes - try to work this out:

"h i j k l m n o "

ok so if you can't even begin to imagine what that is supposed to mean, or even if you work it out, try thinking about it for a couple of minutes before you go to sleep, then if you have a dream remember it and put it on here .... haha if anyone can be bothered that is.
----
"We are the sons of a new millenium!!"
14.11.2006 - 17:38
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Graveshift I actually tried that riddle thing, but I didn't get any solution though. The only letter that appeared in my dream was "s" and it was in a mathematic formula. I was supposed to solve a differential equation, but it didn't work out. So, I'm just curious, what was the solution supposed to be?
----
You'll never walk alone.
14.11.2006 - 17:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm reading psychology and Freud in school and he sure has some weird thoughts about dreams, which probably are correct in some way. According to Freud, if you dream about a stick, a spear or something like that you actually dream about the mans penis. Or if you dream about a cave or some sort of hole, the dream is actually about the womans vagina.
----
14.11.2006 - 18:14
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Warman I read some book about dreams and there was that dreaming about the trunk of the elephant, a banana or a clarinet is dreaming about the man's penis. And dreaming about falling from a cliff and picking flowers or fruits is a message of sexual lust...
----
You'll never walk alone.
14.11.2006 - 23:54
Graveshift
haha i also do psychology and just about EVERYTHING freud has experimented on has been about sex...

the answer to the riddle was "water" as the letters "h i j k l m n o" are "H2O" .. therefore your dream was supposed to have lots of water in it ...

when i was first told this i tried it and basically all i dreamp of was a town on fire haha ... my mind must have been working backwards that day hahahaha ...

yes and my old psychology lecturer at college used to say "any dream interpretation that tells you solidly that the appearance of a specific item in a dream means one specific thing is a load of rubbish" ...
maybe not in the same words but the meaning is there ...
i don't believe that every little thing in a dream is a phallic symbol as freud did haha and i dont think that there is ever a universal meaning for one item in a dream ..
dreams are more subjective than that and would be different for each person .. i mean what i associate one item with you might not agree with at all and the same the other way round .. therefore it being in my dream would mean something totally different .. perhaps ..
----
"We are the sons of a new millenium!!"
18.11.2006 - 22:45
vladimir nullus
Account deleted
I always dream of my own death and it is freaking the hell out of me!
the way I die is always the same, with a bullet.

sometimes also this happens, not really a dream, but still very strange: I suddenly awake and I think I'm lying in my bench downstairs and everything is so real. But when I hit the lightswitch I realise I'm still in my bedroom.
10.12.2006 - 08:03
Eight
Shapeshifter
I wonder how i didn't pissed or even crapped in my bed while i was a sleep:
- i was bold, but with a beard
- dream takes place in some huge office building
- im alone against 2 xenomorph species (Aliens)

I really shouldn't play AVP2 before bedtime lol.

PS: bringing this thread alive.
----

10.12.2006 - 08:58
Lupas
Maximus
For me dreaming is something of the past. I rarely dream, why, who knows.
When i go to bed i fall asleep in a min or 2 , and nothing will ever wake me up , even a bomb
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
11.12.2006 - 14:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i dreamt last night my parents bought me a fretted violin it sounded almost like a normal violin, but i think it was something like a small guitar neck attached to the violin body...
12.01.2007 - 23:52
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by Lupas on 10.12.2006 at 08:58

When i go to bed i fall asleep in a min or 2 , and nothing will ever wake me up , even a bomb

Believe me...you dream every night..you just don't remeber your dreams...i don't know, but for me, a night without a dream is boring:)) i mean..iw ant to have some memory about the night i just spent...not to feel like i wasted 8 hours of my life
13.01.2007 - 13:19
Lupas
Maximus
Written by [user id=4571] on 12.01.2007 at 23:52

Written by Lupas on 10.12.2006 at 08:58

Believe me...you dream every night..you just don't remeber your dreams...i don't know, but for me, a night without a dream is boring:)) i mean..iw ant to have some memory about the night i just spent...not to feel like i wasted 8 hours of my life

Yeah, i have read somewhere that each night we dream. The good part is that our dreams will not be stored after we wake up.
Writing this , i have a dream recently after many days , I can still remember, i'm dead ,in coffin and i see all the people that come to my funeral. The light of the church , the smell and the heavy rain outside. I can still remember it as if this has happened I dont' know the meaning of this. Maybe i have to die or to live along enough to see all my friends funeral who knows.
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
19.01.2007 - 08:02
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Oh! I have the weirdest dreams ever, and I always remember them when I wake up, for example, last night I dreamt I was planting some seeds on the garden, but it wasn't exactly my garden ^^ it was the white house haha, but I was there just planting some seeds and then suddenly 3 friends were yelling at me to hurry up because we had to go wash the car after that, and the car was my bedroom but only it didn't have a ceiling haha it was a convertible pff, and well that dream skipped to another thing and then another thing but they were just weird

And it's like that EVERY night, not long ago I started to remember this really cool dream I had when I was a zombie-killing ninja and I had the ability to fly like those people from 'Crouching tiger...' and I had cool sword thingies haha, I totally slayed them X3

And also like two nights ago I dreamt I was supposed to bake a cake but I had to go get the ingredients into the belly of a whale pff, I tell you, weird dreams ^^'

I rarely have any nightmares, which is good huh?
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
19.01.2007 - 08:17
GoldenerSchnitt
Ive had some terrible dreams before when I was about 12-13 til now I sometimes have dreams about child molesters in vans trying to pick me up those are some of the worse but I have had worser ones and I also have weird dreams were something makes sense in it but when you wake up you have no Idea of how that made sense in your dream other than those I dream mostly normal things like something that happened that day or something I read or watched or of something I want or want to happen and of course I have more nightmares as well
19.01.2007 - 08:52
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Linak on 19.01.2007 at 08:02

Oh! I have the weirdest dreams ever, and I always remember them when I wake up, for example, last night I dreamt I was planting some seeds on the garden, but it wasn't exactly my garden ^^ it was the white house haha, but I was there just planting some seeds and then suddenly 3 friends were yelling at me to hurry up because we had to go wash the car after that, and the car was my bedroom but only it didn't have a ceiling haha it was a convertible pff, and well that dream skipped to another thing and then another thing but they were just weird

And it's like that EVERY night, not long ago I started to remember this really cool dream I had when I was a zombie-killing ninja and I had the ability to fly like those people from 'Crouching tiger...' and I had cool sword thingies haha, I totally slayed them X3

And also like two nights ago I dreamt I was supposed to bake a cake but I had to go get the ingredients into the belly of a whale pff, I tell you, weird dreams ^^'

I rarely have any nightmares, which is good huh?

@Linak, damn you got kool dreams The last dream i had was about my army boot laces broke, it was like a nightmare, coz in real life it is really painfull experience for me.. So in a dream i was like "Nooooooo...Why NOW!!!?!? WHY!!?"
----

20.01.2007 - 06:08
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Did/does anyone have those dreams where something that would happen in your dream and then it would actually happen the day or a few days after??

This actually happened to me as a kid aged 9-12 years. Happened quite regulary too. Found it so strange, but it doesnt occur that often anymore. Just wondering if its occured with others?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
27.01.2007 - 21:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Xtreme Jax on 20.01.2007 at 06:08

Did/does anyone have those dreams where something that would happen in your dream and then it would actually happen the day or a few days after??

This actually happened to me as a kid aged 9-12 years. Happened quite regulary too. Found it so strange, but it doesnt occur that often anymore. Just wondering if its occured with others?

you're not alone dude! i used to have lots of dreams like that at age 7-9, and now, whenever i think they're going away, another one comes!(although not nearly as often)
i perfectly remember about 2 months ago a friend of mine showed me a photo which I SWEAR ON WHATEVER YOU WANT i dreamt last night.it was exactly the same photo, and i asked him if he showed me that already, and he said it was taken the very same day he showed it to me!!
27.01.2007 - 21:58
TheKreator
Account deleted
@cursed...wow..creepy man:P
31.01.2007 - 21:38
Deus Ex Machina
Last night i had the stupidest dream ever.
I was out somewhere with a friend of mine,at some club or something.And suddenly i found myself in front of the club,there were all kinds of people there including one creepy woman who started looking at me in a strange way,and then she kind of jumped on me and wanted to steal my wallet and my cellphone.So then she managed to take the stuff and get into a car,but i grabbed her,pulled her out of the car,beat the living shit out of her and took my stuff.But after that i found myself in some unknown street,i didn't know how i got there since i was supposed to be in front of that club.So i called the friend i was supposed to be with and asked her where she was.She told me she was in the club but she'll come out in a second and go meet me after she takes our coats which were in the bathroom??!! What were our clothes doing in the bathroom i don't know.So...we finally located each other and met.And she started saying that the woman that i beat up must have injected me with a drug of somekind while we were fighting so that's probably why i couldn't remember why i was in that street.
'twas weird and kinda disturbing.
Also i think that the street in my dream could have been a street where a girl we used to hang out with lives on....but i'm not sure.
28.08.2007 - 19:13
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I rarely have dreams (at least im not aware of them), but when I do, those are the strangest dreams. I usually get scared like never in real life, but although dream itself isnt that scary at all, I do get really scared, I cannot explain this, its very weird.

Last night I had this strange dream: I was sitting in my room by the table, in dark, and table was in the middle of the room and it look like ironing desk,or something. Anyway, than some strang light came into room, it was like blue spark casting low light around it, and moving towards me. Then I felt I couldnt move, and I felt very strange and threatened. Than I wanted to scream, but i couldnt, i could only move my arms, so I started to throw the things of the table like crazy, and eventually I think I managed to escape, but when I woke up, I was thinking it was real, it was so realistic in dream, and I still had that strange feeling, I was scared to fall asleep again LOL...
----