Metal Storm logo
Dreams

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 18.06.2006 - 00:47
Dreams...do you believe in them? what do they mean to you....what was the nicest and the most horrible dream you've ever had...what was your last night's dream...and, in fact what are dreams? these are the questions i would like you to answer to in this thread...I, for one, believe that dreams are just bullcrap; my guess is that they are just representations of the most intense feelings and events that happened to a person during a day, or a certain period of time, that come out at night....so, i'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about this...
13.07.2009 - 22:44
tulkas
el parcero
Has it happened to anyone else that you dream something that you had already dreamed before? I mean, have the same dream twice. It happened to me again last night, I had this dream that I swear I had had before, at least one part (WTF is Denis Hopper doing in my dream trying to kill me!?). It's strange, and it had happened to me more than once.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
13.07.2009 - 23:29
Ernis
狼獾
Written by tulkas on 13.07.2009 at 22:44

Has it happened to anyone else that you dream something that you had already dreamed before? I mean, have the same dream twice. It happened to me again last night, I had this dream that I swear I had had before, at least one part (WTF is Denis Hopper doing in my dream trying to kill me!?). It's strange, and it had happened to me more than once.

If I were a professional psychic/scientist, I'd presume that either Dennis Hopper is having some problems with you and is after you or it's just your subconscious fear of getting killed by Dennis Hopper (in some cases by a celebrity in general)....
13.07.2009 - 23:48
tulkas
el parcero
Well, I don't think Dennis Hopper knows me, much less wants to kill me, but you never know Still, it's pretty weird having a same dream more than once, and it has happened with several dreams. Strange, but cool.
----
13.07.2009 - 23:48
Torelli
Written by tulkas on 13.07.2009 at 22:44

From my exeprience, people usually have recurring dreams of things that bother them or have bothered them in the past. Like this for example...
14.07.2009 - 02:03
Graveheart
I don't think I've ever had the exact same dream again, but once I had one that felt kind of like a sequel to a dream I had over ten years ago. When I was in first grade I dreamt I went on a trip into the forest with my friends and we found this secret place on the other side. It looked like a corn field valley and there were these huge mammoth creatures everywhere. We ended up riding them and it was pretty fun. But for some reason we had to leave and I thought I should return to that secret place some day soon. But that's all I remember there was to it because I forgot about the whole thing, until just a few years ago I dreamt about a forest again. Somehow I convinced myself I had been there in that same forest before and I knew how to get out into the field to see the mammoths. It turned out I was right and there I was again in that secret place and it looked just like I recollected it, with the mammoths and all. The second time it felt like I had promised to return and now the promise was finally fulfilled. I can't wait to get there again. I hope it doesn't take another dozen years, because I kind of miss that place, if you know what I mean.
21.07.2009 - 10:36
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
My dream last night: Opeth was having a gig in my street, right there on the sidewalk and I was hearing them from my house lol so I decided to go watch the show and there were like 10 people there and the sound was awful. Then they stopped the show and got better amps (totally strange). I remember they played "benighted" and "my arms your hearse" songs, can't remember which ones.

Well, in the end the guys were walking in the street and I got mendez to give an autograph. He hugged me and I enjoyed. I spent the whole night (in my dream) looking for Akerfeldt but he was nowhere to be found.

Great suff.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.07.2009 - 18:42
Nexus
Asshat
I've had many, many reoccuring dreams. The main one that's haunted me since I was really young is pretty fucking weird, but here it goes: (sorry if I've told this one before, my memory's shot and I can't recall all of my posts on here)

I'm in a second-hand store with my mother. All of a sudden, the lights flicker off, and there's a maze of mirrors that springs up from the floor. The lights are back on, and all I see are women screaming and running around, searching for the exit. Like an idiot, I stand there not doing anything, as I have no idea what in the hell's going on. I feel a tap on my shoulder, and don't see anyone behind me in the reflection of the mirrors. I turn around to see Dracula (or something) behind me. He was really creepy, I still remember what he looked like: He was completely green with curved horns coming out of his skull, looping around the back of his head. He had these piercing red eyes, and sported a long, flowing black cloak. So, of course a chase ensues in this maze of mirrors (and I can't tell how close he is behind me because he so conveniently does not have a reflection), and somehow I manage to make it out of the store. I run as fast as I can through the backdoor of some bar, where I meet up with my family as well as my uncle, aunt and my three cousins. We go on stage and start playing some jazz instruments in front of some audience, to guise ourselves from Dracula, and that's how my dream ends. Wtf? Haha.

I also had a pretty peculiar dream la few nights ago

I had been hearing these news reports about some guy who would torture, ultimately kill and most likely do other things to the dismembered corpses of his victims. So, I'm walking out in the countryside, and for some unfathomable reason decide to stop off at this guy's house (because I know where he lives for some reason?). So he's showing me around his house, and tells me about how he's tortured all these people, and asks if I wanna see how he did it. I blurt out: Of course, but only if you demonstrate it on me!
I can't remember exactly what he had done, but I just remember him piercing really thick/long needles into my body and twisting them around. After a few minutes I asked him to stop because I couldn't hack it anymore. My brother comes into the house and starts having tea with this guy. I only NOW get this impending feeling that they're both gonna slaughter me, so I run outside of the guy's house and catch the next bus and take it to nowhere. I don't remember what happened afterwards. I was prolly just stressed 'cause I had bloodwork the next day .
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
25.07.2009 - 06:18
tulkas
el parcero
Strange, weird dream I had last night. Apparently the end of the world had arrived and so we had to hide (?) or something. One of the weirdest things was that I was with some people from my high school, that is, people with whom I haven't spoken in a looong time, and we were in some sort of strange place, like an abandoned school or house, I don't know. The thing is we had to spend the night somewhere out, and though no one ever said something like, yeah, the end is here so let's wait for it, for some reason I knew it and everyone else did. It was weird. We had some trouble with a dog trying to to get inside where we were, and, just to make things even more weird, he had a human face... damn. Anyway, whole dream was me and some group of people kinda running around or trying to hide, and funny thing is that at the end, this is, when I was about to wake, it sort of stopped. No more end of the world or anything... I don't know, it was really fucked up.
----
17.08.2009 - 02:38
Ereinion
Account deleted
Some days ago I had dream of a lush green forest in the mountains.The woods where ful of beautiful women (they all had a strange elvish touch a lot like Arwen in the LOTR).I realy enjoyed their presence when I suddenly heard a woice that all this females are actually some kind of blood hungry sirens.The next thing I remember running from their sharp teeth and hate filled screams.Who eventually woke me up.Dreams like this really freak me out because there is probably a strong meaning behind them...
01.09.2009 - 04:10
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Man I cant remember were I saw this, but it really tripped me out!!!!!!!!! it was this documentary on dreams, (and for the pros here give me a hand), well there's this certain type of dream were two people can be dreaming the same exact thing at the same time, and both people can interact with each other in that dream, no matter the distance, and will even remember afterwards but I cant remember what they are called or what Documentary I saw it in I know its was on PBS though anyone heard of this?
01.09.2009 - 04:55
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Nighthowls on 01.09.2009 at 04:10

Man I cant remember were I saw this, but it really tripped me out!!!!!!!!! it was this documentary on dreams, (and for the pros here give me a hand), well there's this certain type of dream were two people can be dreaming the same exact thing at the same time, and both people can interact with each other in that dream, no matter the distance, and will even remember afterwards but I cant remember what they are called or what Documentary I saw it in I know its was on PBS though anyone heard of this?

Never heard of that before, but it sure sounds fucked up and strange. Kinda creepy too.
----
01.09.2009 - 20:35
Graveheart
I'd really like to see that documentary, because I've been playing with the thought of dreams like those for a long time. I heard about this couple that dreamed they both were murderers. The murders took place in the house they lived together in and they were trying to hide the bodies. They kept forgetting the bodies though and every time they invited guests into the house, they suddenly remembered the bodies again and thought "damn, we can't go in there anymore, it's where the bodies are" every now and then. I can't remember if the two of them appeared in both their own and their significant other's dreams, but at least they were dreaming about the same thing (and if it was the same night, I don't know). It also kind of makes me wonder what kind of dreams their possible future children would be having.

The last one of mine took place at a bar desk, and instead of something to drink I ordered crossword puzzles. There was a mailbox next to me, quite obviously waiting for my finished crossword puzzles. But I kept getting stuck at the puzzles and every time that happened, I took out my flame thrower and torched the mailbox. It never catched fire, instead it blackened little by little until it was completely black after I had torched it a dozen times. Between these torchings I had to reload my flame thrower by sticking it up one of these strange tubes that were hanging from the ceiling. There were a lot of people around me and none of them took any notice of what I was doing, even though I was the only one with a flame thrower in the whole place. I've been trying to remember what it looked like, but I can't get anything anymore. I don't think I've ever seen a flame thrower. At least I can say it wasn't much bigger than a regular handgun, which I'm pretty sure is still a lot smaller than they really are.
02.09.2009 - 17:05
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I had a weird dream last, I remeber being at a party and this getting up to sing with a guitar. He did a couple of songs but all I remember is Black Sabbath's War Pig. His voice was good but I remember he kept making the same mistake on the guitar and it stressed me out.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
02.09.2009 - 17:07
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride

Sounds like Dreams Warriors to me . I've actually heard a similar thing but haven't seen the documentary, it's an interesting statement though, would be one step closer to proving that mankind has psychic powers that we are unable to comprehend or utilise.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
03.09.2009 - 00:11
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Written by Haddonfield on 02.09.2009 at 17:07

Sounds like Dreams Warriors to me . I've actually heard a similar thing but haven't seen the documentary, it's an interesting statement though, would be one step closer to proving that mankind has psychic powers that we are unable to comprehend or utilise.

Dream Warriors? I know huh? Trippy its probably something psychic like that we need to find the name out man, if you do before me or vice versa let me know.
03.09.2009 - 00:26
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Nighthowls on 03.09.2009 at 00:11

Written by Haddonfield on 02.09.2009 at 17:07

Dream Warriors? I know huh? Trippy its probably something psychic like that we need to find the name out man, if you do before me or vice versa let me know.

Got it, I think. Dream Transferance: here

PS: Dream Warriors is the third installment in the Freddy series. It includes teens entering each other's dreams to defeat Freddy. And it has a cool song by Dokken.
----

03.09.2009 - 00:34
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Quote:
Got it, I think. Dream Transferance: here

PS: Dream Warriors is the third installment in the Freddy series. It includes teens entering each other's dreams to defeat Freddy. And it has a cool song by Dokken.

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!! We're The Dream Warriors< HAHAH!!! Fucking Don Dokken, Paris is Burning is good too, well they got alot of good songs I cant believe I forgot about them, gayass George Lynch not cool gay like Rob Halford, Yeah thats It Thanks!!!!!!!! Ge Got it!!!!!!!! Im gonna research on it some more, along with my collegues Were should I write you for results at Cambridge thanks again man
03.09.2009 - 00:38
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
No worries mate, always good to expand one's knowledge (there should be a smiley smoking a pipe for these situations).
----

03.09.2009 - 05:12
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Haddonfield on 03.09.2009 at 00:38

No worries mate, always good to expand one's knowledge (there should be a smiley smoking a pipe for these situations).

Closest one here.

Anyway, last night I had a dream, and although I remember that it was cool, or that it caught my attention and I liked it, I can't remember what it was It's strange, but it's not the first time this has happened. Sometimes I wake up and I remember exactly what I dreamed, but then after a short while, or if I'm gonna tell it to someone, I forget about it.
----
04.09.2009 - 03:00
HellHammer
Account deleted
Last few days I only dreamt that I was getting killed / dying. 2 Times I dreamt of being shot, and that I can feel the live just flowing out of me. And one time I dreamt I was at the doctor who told me I was dying of some sort of cancer.
06.09.2009 - 06:08
Immortal
Written by [user id=740] on 04.09.2009 at 03:00

Last few days I only dreamt that I was getting killed / dying. 2 Times I dreamt of being shot, and that I can feel the live just flowing out of me. And one time I dreamt I was at the doctor who told me I was dying of some sort of cancer.

I keep having dreams similar to that except I've been the one doing the killing. I had a dream that I shot my parents the other night... not good... not good....
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
06.09.2009 - 09:04
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Immortal on 06.09.2009 at 06:08

I keep having dreams similar to that except I've been the one doing the killing. I had a dream that I shot my parents the other night... not good... not good....

I had dreamed about dying, or being killed, or someone really close to me dying, but never had a dream where I was the killer, much less killing my parents. That's fucked up, dude
----
06.09.2009 - 09:18
Immortal
Written by tulkas on 06.09.2009 at 09:04

Written by Immortal on 06.09.2009 at 06:08

I had dreamed about dying, or being killed, or someone really close to me dying, but never had a dream where I was the killer, much less killing my parents. That's fucked up, dude

Tell me about it. I woke up and felt guilty that the thought even crossed my mind
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
10.09.2009 - 14:00
tulkas
el parcero
I had a nice dream last night. There was some sort of get-together with a couple of guys from tkd and my ex gf was there and had brough her boyfriend. For some reason I ended up at one moment beside me and he started talking to me, so I was like, look, shut up, I don't give a fuck about you, much less about what you have to say. So he said I don't remember what, I answered back, and then he said, well, at least I am with her, not you. Yep, that got to me and I just beat the crap out of him I had a glass bottle of coke and I beat his head with it too
Curiously I never interacted with her, beofre or after, so I didn't know how she reacted, but still, it was nice a dream. (Yeah, I'm still bitter and I don't give a fuck. I'd beat him happily if the chance came )
----
10.09.2009 - 14:37
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I had a cool dream where I moved into a house that had a spare room in the attic (which was huge), there was three girls already living there so they became my roommates, one of them was one of the best looking girls I've ever seen, I've got a wicked imagination. Well just as I was trying to sweet talk that girl, my phone went of, a text from virgin to tell me my credit was renewed. Damn text messages and damn Richard Branson.
----

25.09.2009 - 14:00
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Anyone able to Lucid Dream?
I still can't make it happen or decide what to dream just able to control it when randomly happens...I mean, there are times i know i'm dreaming, then decide what to do in the particular situation i'm in (in the dream) and lead it however i wish- The only thing i've never been able to do was to die in a dream.
Yet not able to start a planned dream and mostly am unable to continue when i wake up...That's a lot of fun, a perfect cinema with horror/chasing/action/advanture/etc movies in which you're the free main super character who's able to do everything, flying, floating, running like a cheetah, driving, transforming,... ! hahaha
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
27.09.2009 - 00:50
Graveheart
There are some tricks you can do to increase your chances for a lucid dream. I think the most simple one is trying to switch lights on and off every now and then while you're awake. Eventually you will start repeating the habit in your dreams too and you will notice that you can't turn the lights off. The irony about this has always amused me: you can fly around, you can explore the whole world, you can have conversations with anyone you like about anything you like, you can have any kind of sex with anybody you like, you can live out every single fantasy you've ever had... unless you're fantasising about turning the lights off.

My biggest problem with becoming lucid is that I keep blocking it almost every time it starts happening. When I realise I'm dreaming I'm always getting an "okay I'm done, I'm ready to wake up now!" kind of mental reflex and more often than not I forget to resist wanting to get out. I only have dreams that I like and I've always wanted to lucid dream, so I have no idea why I keep doing this to myself in my dreams.
04.10.2009 - 01:46
SerratedSyringe
For the span of about a month, I had a fairly disturbing recurring dream. It started with me entering a grocery store. (It was a different store each time.) Once inside I would open a door in the freezer section, this door would reveal a corridor, which I would then proceed to follow. The corridor leads to a balcony overlooking a very large underground room similar to a bunker. Looking down, I see civilians being herded through a maze by short soldiers wielding machetes and wearing oriental style rice hats so that I cannot see their faces. The soldiers are being commanded by a man whose face I can clearly see, but not recognize. The soldiers kill the civilians in a seemingly random fashion, but they do not appear alarmed, they just keep walking. I sneak down into the large room, strangle one of the soldiers, and take his machete. The other soldiers take notice and try to kill me. I have to kill all 100 or so soldiers, by which point the civilians have all disappeared. Out of the shadows of the seemingly empty room steps the man who had been commanding the soldiers. This unknown man and I have an epic final battle. I win the battle, and try to find my way out of the bunker. I make my way through several chambers before finding an exit to the parking lot behind the store. I open the door to the parking lot and see my mom pull up in her car, but before I can reach her the strange man who I thought I had killed appears between us. At that point I wake up.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
27.10.2009 - 19:00
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Graveheart on 27.09.2009 at 00:50

There are some tricks you can do to increase your chances for a lucid dream. I think the most simple one is trying to switch lights on and off every now and then while you're awake. Eventually you will start repeating the habit in your dreams too and you will notice that you can't turn the lights off. The irony about this has always amused me: you can fly around, you can explore the whole world, you can have conversations with anyone you like about anything you like, you can have any kind of sex with anybody you like, you can live out every single fantasy you've ever had... unless you're fantasising about turning the lights off.

My biggest problem with becoming lucid is that I keep blocking it almost every time it starts happening. When I realise I'm dreaming I'm always getting an "okay I'm done, I'm ready to wake up now!" kind of mental reflex and more often than not I forget to resist wanting to get out. I only have dreams that I like and I've always wanted to lucid dream, so I have no idea why I keep doing this to myself in my dreams.

Dude, you could've quoted me so it wouldn't take me a month to see your post.
Anyway, I don't really get what you mean by the trick with turning lights on and off. Correct me if i'm wrong, it means keeping your brain busy with something so that it'll keep some connection with reality therefore you'll gain some consciouseness when you dream.

As for waking up as soon as you realize you're lucid-dreaming, that happens to me too sometimes...But it mostly happens only when there are some factors like light, sound and etc...Besides if it's quiet you can continue when you fall sleep again thus my problem is that it usually won't resume from the point i had waken or sometimes an entirely new dream...Another thing, the more closer to consciousness you are, the more awesome your dreams will be...horribly real...Yet the higher your chances of waking up will be...
Also there are times i have troubles distiguishing a dream from reality, i mean when i recall a situation, can't easily say if it had been a dream, a real event or something i had imagined, have to hesitate for a few moments...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
28.10.2009 - 00:15
Graveheart
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 27.10.2009 at 19:00

Written by Graveheart on 27.09.2009 at 00:50

Dude, you could've quoted me so it wouldn't take me a month to see your post.
Anyway, I don't really get what you mean by the trick with turning lights on and off. Correct me if i'm wrong, it means keeping your brain busy with something so that it'll keep some connection with reality therefore you'll gain some consciouseness when you dream.

As for waking up as soon as you realize you're lucid-dreaming, that happens to me too sometimes...But it mostly happens only when there are some factors like light, sound and etc...Besides if it's quiet you can continue when you fall sleep again thus my problem is that it usually won't resume from the point i had waken or sometimes an entirely new dream...Another thing, the more closer to consciousness you are, the more awesome your dreams will be...horribly real...Yet the higher your chances of waking up will be...
Also there are times i have troubles distiguishing a dream from reality, i mean when i recall a situation, can't easily say if it had been a dream, a real event or something i had imagined, have to hesitate for a few moments...

I don't know about gaining some consciousness when you dream, because to me that sounds like something to do with dreams in general, like they're the result of a busy brain, if that makes sense. I'm emphasising the part where you need a habit that you can share with your dream-self. Repetition is the key, and it's even better if you don't even notice you're doing it (while awake) because that means the routine has become something natural to you, like you don't think about breathing while you're breathing. Because every time your dream-self does it, something unusual happens which in this example means that the lights stay on. That's the key moment, the surprise that you will recognise in most of your dreams. You're always going to react to that as if somebody came up to say "hey, you're dreaming".

If you don't like to screw with the lights you can choose another routine. Obviously the easiest ones to follow are those that are not dependent on your environments (after all, the light switch goes into the privacy category because you might not want to annoy other people in the room, especially when it's not your room), and it can be as simple as jerking your index finger every 5-10 minutes. Your dream-self's index finger will stretch if he jerks it - and there you have your key moment, the "hey, you're dreaming" sign in front of you. Also, jumping is supposed to work even better than the finger trick, but for most people that's not the most convenient habit, at least in public. The key moment in the dream is that you jump in the air and won't come down.

Besides luck there must be a lot of self-command involved. I have a theory that the more sceptical you are in nature, the easier it is for you to become lucid. If it's in you to question life's truths in your waking state, your dream-self might also be prepared for things that are just too bizarre to be there. I used to be a pretty gullible kid growing up so I took a lot of my dream experiences for granted, while these days as I'm more aware of the real world, my dreams have started to show some slightly lucid features occasionally. Still most of my recent dream occurences however are purely out of my hands, and I'm talking the stuff where I'm frozen into a museum showcase or have brought a flame thrower into a bar and thought it's all everyday. Sure it's also true that once you've found out about lucid dreaming, your chances of having one will dramatically increase, but I'm sure some general scepticism can't be anything less than helpful. Personally, my main concern is that if or when I've managed to create my own key moment, I'm going to use it as a way out instead of a way in, against all logical and explicable behavior.

There's a movie you might like to see, it's about this very subject and I must admit some of the stuff I've written here has been more or less "inspired" from this scene, more specifically from the dialogue from 3:00 and on. It's from "Waking Life" by Richard Linklater:

If you prefer, the scene is also available as a transcription here: http://strivinglife.com/words/post/Waking-Life-Chapter-10---Dreams.aspx