Metal Storm logo
Metallica - New Album To Be Issued In 2007

TheRockRadio.com (www.therockradio.com) report that Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich told England's BBC Radio 1 that the group's new album is likely to be released in the summer or early autumn of 2007.

Ulrich explained, "I think we've realized that the creative process works a little slower for us than it used to, and we're OK with that. It's not a bad thing, unless, of course, you're waiting for a record."

Ulrich added that the band now is far more relaxed than the turbulent state in which it recorded 2003's 'St. Anger'. The drummer said, "Everybody's getting along, having a great time... Back on ('St. Anger'), it was just a very different experience 'cause we had to kind of get it back together. Now everything's cool."

Metallica is recording the new album, its ninth studio effort, with famed producer Rick Rubin.

The band is currently on a European festival tour, during which it has debuted a new song and has also played its classic 1986 album "Master Of Puppets" in its entirety.

Source: Bravewords.com

Source: metal-temple.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 18.06.2006 by Lupas

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 37   Visited by: 19 users
18.06.2006 - 12:59
NoRb3
Account deleted
I hope it will be really good album.
18.06.2006 - 13:58
W-Lash
Metal Master
I hope it won't be that slipknot style like in St.Anger.
18.06.2006 - 14:30
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i also hope it'll be more thrash and they'll live up to their name.hope it doesn't start a "metallicraze" though
18.06.2006 - 15:24
Talvi
Oh yeah! Get prepared for the second part of the long awaiting concept album! Sr. Anger 2, here we come!
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
18.06.2006 - 17:01
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
well, new song wasnt that bad, i mean, this time it were drums again, not trashcans anymore, and it had a solo on it...

but im still skeptical
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
18.06.2006 - 17:05
Hamird
Lieutenant
ok. if it will be similar to earlier works.
GOOD
18.06.2006 - 17:17
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
New album?...Who cares...
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
18.06.2006 - 19:01
Eight
Shapeshifter
I care
Atleast i hope and looking forward to hear it
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
18.06.2006 - 21:23
Memento Mori
Mr. Nobody
I Know This Album Similar To ST.Anger Too
18.06.2006 - 21:33
Damnated
Churchburner
Let as pray
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.06.2006 - 22:33
dark discord
Account deleted
Yesterday night i went to the last Metallica's gig in Europe and James sung us a song of the new album "new song"
19.06.2006 - 00:32
ajschlosser1980
Account deleted
I gave up on hope of Metallica ever being good again. Metallica needs to retire and walk away while they still have some dignity. Their next album will probably be good as a beer coaster just like St. Anger, Load, and Reload.
19.06.2006 - 00:44
fade
Son of Sweden
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 18.06.2006 at 14:30

i also hope it'll be more thrash and they'll live up to their name.hope it doesn't start a "metallicraze" though

I'd forgive them for thier atrocities (any album after ..And Justuce), if they'd only go back to what made them the great band of old.
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
19.06.2006 - 01:09
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I still have hope for the upcoming album(s) of Metallica. I believe that the last album was an exception due to the "dark times" and problems they had during the recording of St. Anger (if you watched Some Kind of Monster documentary, you know what I'm talking about).
I still believe in Metallica.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
19.06.2006 - 01:26
norse steel
Account deleted
i have no expectations of this new album being any good whatsoever, they have not realesed a good album since ...and justice for all, and i think no matter how hard they try, they will never release another good album
19.06.2006 - 01:55
MetallicA
I like all their albums except St. Anger. their 80s works are thrash metal classics. their 90s works are awesome hard rock albums. the black album still had thrash elements in it and I like that album. I still have hope for them. St. Anger was an atrocity...if the new stuff has solos and actual drums, then it can't be that bad when compared to St. Anger.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
19.06.2006 - 03:53
Proffesor Chaos
Account deleted
Metallica, i beg you to restore metal to USA.....
19.06.2006 - 05:18
For me Metallica died on the black album
19.06.2006 - 14:00
the shadow 666
Account deleted
i was on concert in Imola on saturday and they have 20th anniversary of "master of puppets" album release,they play all album +others songs incl. new song! it was a good concert , metallica still rules ! \,,/o\,,/
19.06.2006 - 21:02
danzig111
Account deleted
@TheDissident and DeathChrushed_66: I agree with both ov you 100%! Metallica are 'finished'
19.06.2006 - 22:42
Bulldozer
Account deleted
This is great news! I'm really excited.
20.06.2006 - 05:53
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
I hope they go back to their Thrash roots or i can say im calling it quits when it comes to listening to Metallica.
01.07.2006 - 06:46
Pianoman
Account deleted
I have the hope that in this album they will go back to their roots.
Maybe Im wrong and this another St Anger shit.
02.07.2006 - 00:43
LethargyMan
Metallica should play metalcore. That would be AWESOME! :
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
02.07.2006 - 00:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I will not create more expectation about it, ill just wait naturally. If the album sucks i still love them for what they did.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.07.2006 - 14:10
Metalforos666
i like St.Anger
It is not one of the best Metallica not at least a Metallica album
But it is a good album
----
www.myspace.com/metalforos
21.07.2006 - 05:24
Oracle
Orcinus
Hopefully the new album is better than St. Anger
21.07.2006 - 05:48
Prowler84
Do not have high hopes from the new album. OLD METALLICA is dead !! You can maybe hear some mixture from Reload & St.Anger.. I hope it will be better than St.Anger otherwise Metallica will have NO fans !!!
----
Steve Harris isn't a God.God is a S.Harris!!
08.08.2006 - 03:15
suicide cloud
Account deleted
i like st anger but its not really what i want to hear from metallica so hopefully we will hear a lil of the old metallica coming through in this album !!!!!!!!!!:P
08.08.2006 - 15:38
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I have not expectations for the album being good. For me, they stopped being good when Cliff Burton died. No matter how hard they try, they will never return to their roots. Metallica should just quit now and never reform.

Hits total: 10456 | This month: 11