Metal Storm logo
Your first full song

13.04.2008 - 21:04
Lord TJ
What was your very first song that you entirely learned?

For me it was Crazy Train from the album Tribute, it took me forever but Randy Rhoads is my favorite guitarist and I wanted to learn it. I had this CD that had Andy Aledort (blues player) showing exactly how to play the song step by step, he made it so much easier!

By the way, learning pieces of a song does not count!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
14.04.2008 - 16:18
Hangar XVIII
My first full song was Stairway to Heaven. Pretty cliche, but whatever.

By the way TJ, the Andy Aledort DVDs kick ass. I have a blues one, a hard rock/heavy metal one, an Axis: Bold As Love one, and one about soloing. I highly recomend them to everyone.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
14.04.2008 - 17:36
Lord TJ
Written by Hangar XVIII on 14.04.2008 at 16:18

By the way TJ, the Andy Aledort DVDs kick ass. I have a blues one, a hard rock/heavy metal one, an Axis: Bold As Love one, and one about soloing. I highly recomend them to everyone.

I have one of his DVD's, I havent looked at it (I think I lost it) for a long time, I think its a Rock DVD that I picked up when I first started out. But the one that tought the Randy Rhoads version of Crazy Train was in a GW magazine.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

14.04.2008 - 22:23
Sunioj
For me, the first entire song I learnt was Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit. And I SUCKED at playing it too, lol.

The first metal song, was probably... metal heart cover by Dimmu Borgir. Though when I fist started out, I downtuned my bass way too often, and that fucked the pegs in a way. So from then on, the lowest I would go is standard D.
14.04.2008 - 23:46
Smurfophagist
System of a Down - Toxicity XD
I learned it when I was like twelve or something, did all by ear and on my acoustic hehe. The first song on my electric guitar was Whiskey In The Jar by Metallica.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
15.04.2008 - 02:48
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Smurfophagist on 14.04.2008 at 23:46

I learned it when I was like twelve or something, did all by ear and on my acoustic hehe. The first song on my electric guitar was Whiskey In The Jar by Metallica.

Actually Whisky in the jar was a Thin Lizzy song that Metallica covered. But yeah, awsome song all the same.

As for me, I can't remember if it was Stairway to Heaven by Zeplin or if it was Under the Bridge by the Chili peppers, I learned them both at around the same time.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
15.04.2008 - 07:09
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
the first One Was And I Love Her from the Havy Beatles

The first metal one was Eagle Fly Free from Helloween. Great topic!!
15.04.2008 - 12:25
Smurfophagist
Written by Arian Totalis on 15.04.2008 at 02:48

Written by Smurfophagist on 14.04.2008 at 23:46

Actually Whisky in the jar was a Thin Lizzy song that Metallica covered. But yeah, awsome song all the same.

As for me, I can't remember if it was Stairway to Heaven by Zeplin or if it was Under the Bridge by the Chili peppers, I learned them both at around the same time.

I know it's a Thin Lizzy song, but I did Metallica's version because the solo was easier for me.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
20.04.2008 - 21:46
Remus
The first full song i ever learned was The White Stripe's "Seven Nation Army". It's just a constant plain beat, no double-bass, no rolls, no fills, no thrills! Ha! I still struggled with it though... Man i sucked ass back then!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
21.04.2008 - 19:47
Lord TJ
Yea havent we all...

I remember learning some things back then and you feel really special about it, then later on you learn something else, you think about what you learned back then and you feel retarded knowing how giddy you felt learning that song in the past.
----

22.04.2008 - 22:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast
mine was breaking the law by priest, best guitar layman song ever. also before that i knew all the bits of slayer's "seasons in the abyss", but i couldn't play them together. goddamit i killed my poor acoustic with those two..

@filip how in the name of fuck did you manage to get toxicity by ear as your first song?
18.08.2008 - 06:52
MortalTheory
Account deleted
drums: i think creeping death by metallica...
guitar: holy diver by dio.
19.08.2008 - 13:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lord TJ on 21.04.2008 at 19:47

I remember learning some things back then and you feel really special about it, then later on you learn something else, you think about what you learned back then and you feel retarded knowing how giddy you felt learning that song in the past.

well, never felt really like that, the most "giddy" i've felt when i learned something new was when i learned the first half of "Phantom of the Opera" by Maiden, i remember i struggled with the intro riff for about 1 hour before i finally got it right lol. now i gotta learn to play the rest of the track or something, really awesome song.
19.08.2008 - 14:20
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
My first one was Metallica's Enter Sandman.
19.08.2008 - 15:42
MathC
Account deleted
Lord Gore - Gastric Gore-met
23.08.2008 - 00:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Sunioj on 14.04.2008 at 22:23

For me, the first entire song I learnt was Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit. And I SUCKED at playing it too, lol.

what about cello?
23.08.2008 - 00:36
Sunioj
Written by Valentin B on 23.08.2008 at 00:12

Written by Sunioj on 14.04.2008 at 22:23

what about cello?

Shit... I don't remember :S I must of been 12 or something when I learned my first song on cello. If I remember the names, I will post. God, I wish I had access to a full size cello, haven't played in awhile actually.
23.08.2008 - 11:36
Opethienne
Account deleted
My first full song was Metallica nothing else matters in bass!
07.01.2009 - 22:27
Justice
I am a bassist and I learned ENTER SANDMAN for the first song
11.02.2009 - 08:34
ANGEL REAPER
My first full song : Broderskapets Ring by Dimmu Borgir.....
I play it on acoustic guitar.....it sounds great.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.02.2009 - 18:21
grey_gecko
Slayer- raining blood
12.02.2009 - 08:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
On bass it was 'Beat On The Brat' by The Ramones.

On drums it was two songs simultaneously:
Johnny Crash - Hey Kid
Motorhead - I Won't Pay Your Price
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.02.2009 - 13:01
siavash_eddie
1000 eyes by death
----
Support Music Not Rumors
20.02.2009 - 13:19
Emperial_Death
My first full song on the guitar was , ''Into infinite obscurity from dissection'' , and metal song was ''Cosmic keys to my creations and times '' from Emperor
----
''Support Music Not Rumors'' C.S.
21.02.2009 - 12:16
DarkPsy
My first metal song was for whom the bell tolls (metallica)
21.02.2009 - 12:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
First song i learned whole to sing was South Away by Summoning...maybe I'll upload my vocal cover one day somewhere
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.03.2009 - 21:58
Saitenhexerin
Omg, it is quite embarassing, but since I had no electric guitar I was damned to play Nothing Else Matters first!
And my first full song, with solo and everything was then Fortunes of War by Iron Maiden!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
04.04.2009 - 08:07
His Eminence
Account deleted
My first full song? Sweet Home Alabama. It was the first song I attempted and the first song I learned. I practiced every day for hours to get it. I wish I still had that kind of patience.

My first metal song that I learned all the way through was probably Enter Sandman.

I still suck though, since I can't play the solo.
08.04.2009 - 18:40
-Soulreaper-
My first was Seek and Destroy with solo and all. Not too difficult to learn. Then started learning some Death songs and that helped with playing a whole lot. But my first Death song was Suicide Machine. Fucking love that song.
10.06.2009 - 13:40
terrorist
Enter Sandman.I never learned any song whole because i couldn't and now i have my own songs so i am borred learning some other songs whole;)
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related