Metal Storm logo
A Multi-Author MS Story

18.06.2006 - 15:52
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
This idea may have been mentioned before and shot down. If so, feel free to lock, Mods.

Lately, I've been wanting to write something of significance, but all I seem to get is bits and pieces out before I lose interest. Then, I thought of this idea, perhaps as a way to get me going again. A story which anyone from MetalStorm(after creating a roster of who wants to participate so shit doesn't get messed up, of course) can join in on and write a block for. A story that isn't necessarily a constantly funny one, or sad one, or any in between.

Think of it as a roleplay, kind of, except that the writers all write about the one character. No main plot, just bits and pieces about the character's adventures/doings/whatever. I think it would be a nice way to showcase the writing talent of this site. Of course, it could be a major flop, but I reckon it would be fun regardless of how the actual story turns out.

Anyone else think this is an interesting idea, or am I speaking to an empty audience? I'd rather some feedback from people before I post anything.
----
18.06.2006 - 16:13
Daibh
Account deleted
No! This is an interesting idea, I think. Count me in.

It will be interesting to see where it all goes!
18.06.2006 - 16:21
eleftheria
Account deleted
I don't know if I could carry out, but it would be very interesting to see this on ms!
18.06.2006 - 17:04
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I would definitely want to see that And I'd maybe even try to participate
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
18.06.2006 - 18:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
count me in too.but what will it be like?kind of like power metal?or maybe something related to metal in-general or just something about someone's life? i know it "molds" accoridng to what the writers will do,but what is the starting point?
18.06.2006 - 19:14
Soliloquy
Written by Valentin B on 18.06.2006 at 18:37

count me in too.but what will it be like?kind of like power metal?or maybe something related to metal in-general or just something about someone's life? i know it "molds" accoridng to what the writers will do,but what is the starting point?

how about this? we all write some sort of introduction to anything. and then post it somewhere. and then we as a collective group pick one of the introductions that we think has potential to be continued.

interesting idea, but it will become really really...and i mean REALLY random. my friends tried doing this. its basically we five thought of some topic. and we all wrote about it. somehow i wrote the intro, and then the other wrote the stuff following the intro, and then so on. but it became so random and awkward becuase of the different prespectives and ideas, and even differett styles of writing.

as we did the same thing in my writers craft class...and my god! it was some of the weirdest thing i ever read. it was randomly funny. it didnt make much sense, but weird. and we could easily pinpoint who wrote what becuase we were familiar with everyones prespective and writing style.

but hey, maybe agroup of metalheads can be a bit different. we have one thing in common, metal! but lets see how different it will be.

and we might need some rules and regulations on this too. becuase, give me the chance, and i can write like 20 essays in one day, and all would be over the 2000 word limit. so maybe everyone should get a 500 word limit? and say we did make a character, how about we dont have a right to kill the character at random? i dont know..

dont count me in just yet. i'll ask to join in once the thing gets started

but hey, good idea!
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
18.06.2006 - 20:48
marinBG
so lets go and at least try to make it work
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
18.06.2006 - 21:26
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
dude, you can count me in, give me a message on msn
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
18.06.2006 - 22:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well, i'm sorry to say that it can't be good to have so many guys in the same project...but we'll see...maybe some guys will get more stuff "published" and some none...really good idea!
19.06.2006 - 03:16
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
You can count me in. I have some great ideas for off-the-wall, absurd, random humor that will be guaranteed to leave someone rolling on the ground and speaking in tongues.
20.06.2006 - 03:21
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
Hey, this is a great idea, I participated in something like this in a writer's forum. It really turns out very interesting - and keep in mind guys that it's possible to keep it under control, and logical. It just takes cooperation and organization.

Definitely count me in!
20.06.2006 - 16:06
KryptoN
imperceptible
Yeah this sounds interesting, you can count me in. We did something like this in school many years back and it got so out of control. At first it was going forth "properly" and then one guy got the turn to write his part and he just killed everyone and destroyed stuff. And then the next writer resurrected them and later they were killed again. It was quite hilarious. Yeah, there has to be a set of rules.
21.06.2006 - 16:45
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Written by Soliloquy on 18.06.2006 at 19:14

how about this? we all write some sort of introduction to anything. and then post it somewhere. and then we as a collective group pick one of the introductions that we think has potential to be continued.

I'm a fan of this idea. Sounds like a good starting point. I didn't actually have anything set in mind. Fantasy, modern, future. About a metalhead, about an accountant, whatever.

Good to see such an enthusiastic response to this idea. Yeah, a couple pointed out that the potential random factor could ruin it, but who cares? As long as we're having fun, right? If we're going to impose a limit, I reckon the upper limit should be around 500 words.

Who agrees, or has another suggestion?
----
21.06.2006 - 17:02
fire101
Account deleted
I like this idea. I dont know if you want me to do it, because Im not an excellent story writer, but I can try if you would like.
21.06.2006 - 21:54
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Torelli on 21.06.2006 at 19:09

I think this thread need atleast one rule: minimum two people that has posted before you before you are allowed to continue the story again, otherwise it might end up with that two people write most of the story.

I think it would be best to make a list of writers once it starts and assign a deadline when one has to return their work before their turn is given to the next writer. This could spawn problems in not having time when your turn is. Then you could negotiate a switch of turns with someone who's later on the list. I don't know, just ideas.

EDIT: Damn typos.
22.06.2006 - 00:43
TheKreator
Account deleted
yep..definately great idea...i'll just wait and see what story you will start and maybe i'll try to bring a contribution...good luck
22.06.2006 - 02:31
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
Written by KryptoN on 21.06.2006 at 21:54

Written by Torelli on 21.06.2006 at 19:09

I think this thread need atleast one rule: minimum two people that has posted before you before you are allowed to continue the story again, otherwise it might end up with that two people write most of the story.

I think it would be best to make a list for writers once it starts and assign a deadline when one has to return their work before their turn is given to the next writer. This could spawn problems in not having time when your turn is. Then you could negotiate a switch of turns with someone who's later on the list. I don't know, just ideas.

I think this is a great idea. This way everybody has a turn and we wouldn't have to check on the thing fifty times a day. It would keep it consistent and methodical, give each person time to think about what they're writing, and give the rest of us a chance to read what has been written.
25.06.2006 - 22:20
TimmyPix
Count me in! Sounds like a great idea, and it means no-one has to do too much. Go for it!
----
And remember kids, don't play with matches - flamethrowers are much more fun!
27.06.2006 - 15:56
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Okay, making a quick list here.

Systems: Go.
Myself(Wynter)
Daibh
cursed
marinBG
Bas2
Insineratehymn
Proud Autumn
KryptoN
Torelli
TimmyPix

Maybes(judging from their responses, of course).
eleftheria
Sekhmet
Soliloquy
fire101
TheKreator

@Torelli: Voting on the idea that people would most like to write about would probably be the best way. There's no way we could do that in a regular poll, so it'd have to be either on this thread, or conducted through PM's, where people could submit their choices to a couple of people through messages. Hell, we could even badger the staff/mods into judging which intro is best, haha.

Until we really establish this, I don't think we can establish any rules. KryptoN's two posts between yours has some merit, but that could really send shit out of whack, y'know? I reckon a roster, and if someone doesn't post theirs in the set time period(to be discussed later), it'll just shift to the next person.
----
27.06.2006 - 19:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
nice one.can't wait to start
27.06.2006 - 20:53
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
You start without me because I won't have much time till the end of July. Then , when the last exams are finally over, maybe I'll skip into the story!! I'll let you know.
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
28.06.2006 - 01:17
Soliloquy
i'll start first. keep in mind, this is not the actual story!!!!!! just an introduction to a possible story. i'm looking forward to see what you others have in mind with your writing.

With each step he takes, another wall collapses. Shades of grey unite the sky with the buildings, the ground, and the sky. He holds his teddy bear with one arm, trying to keep it from being grey. With the other, he holds the piece of cloth that used to be a shirt. Dazed and confused, he walks alone in solitude. The winds and snow perform their sonata, only to be interrupted by his sniffs and coughs. Trying to avoid the debris of slabs of stone, and glass, he falls to his knees and hands.

Another interruption in the sonata, but this was not a sound he made. He follows the music behind the broken salon shop, and sees a building unlike its surroundings. He notices the music coming from the wooden hut. Edging closer to the hut, he notices something moving inside. He breaks his snail-like pace, and jumps on a milk create to see through the window. A couple, in their mid 20's dances away to the music. He wonders why they seem apathetic to what is going on outside their door. Before the glass fogged up with his breath, he notices a red flag in the background with a white circle in the middle, and a swastika dangling above the dancers. Breaking from her dance, Arabelle points to a hand print on the window..........

Words: 259

BTW: Arabelle is a German name meaning beautiful eagle. And eagle was the mascot for the Nazis. And if you guys to use this one, fix all the mistakes you see in there.
----

-Zakk Wylde
07.07.2006 - 22:34
Soliloquy
oh common! what happend to that enthusiastic bunch? just coz i posted that lil starter up there doesnt mean its the final piece! start posting your stuff, and your thoughts on its future. does it have a future? too over done? boring? etc? what!?

common, if this thing is to work, we need more people participating. i know tons of gifted writiers are hidning between the cracks of MS. wake up!
----

-Zakk Wylde
07.07.2006 - 23:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
ok so,i'll post another intro...kind of quickly done but if you see any bad stuff do tell...(also it's not that artistic as soliloquy's...:-/ i just can't write stuff like that..)
i woke up,face to the pillow.same shit,different day.i cleared up my desk,just to write some of the goddam homework,but my head fell on it.Seems i have some kind of headache.Must be last night...some party man...all the good "stuff"(you know what i'm talking about)...hot girls...nice one...but i've gotta write this man....or i'll get expelled,and that sucks...i'll lose all my "friends"..."what friends?!?" thinks my mind,as i get angry.don't know at what.i try to thrash the desk,but i'll lose my heroin balls..."just to escape this situation,i swear this is the last fucking one,i swear!"a warm sensation fills my body.drifting in insanity,i escape this cruel world,only to get back in it violently...i wake up...it's 3:42,at least it says so,on my wall clock."fuck! i lost it! i'm gonna fucking get expelled....fuck....but what do i care?i still got my hard stuff...right here,in my pocket,i think,or maybe in my drawer,or maybe not...FUCK...i lost'em...getting angry again....don't know at what....but i fall asleep again.must be the heroin...i wake up,and it all seems like a dream.3 guys in blue start beating on my door,and finally they force it open."mr.Dave Nathaniel Riley," "it's Nat" "Shut up.you are under arrest for consuming,detaining and traficking illegal narcotic substances,you have the right to remain silent,anything you say can be used against you in court.you have the right to an..." "oh fuck,thinks my mind...i'm busted AND expelled....fuck"

notice that this is polarly opposed to what soliloquy wrote.i'm sorry but i just can't come up with a better intro at this time....i know this is really crappy,but if it's one thing i discovered when writing this one, is that i hate writing intros(for stories at least)
08.07.2006 - 16:32
Soliloquy
/\ dude, stop comparing your work to mine. your work is good. and besides, i think it has a better possibility for more work. i mean, more people might be able to wright about your work than my work. so i would say your work is better than mine right now. the only thing i would suggest is when ever you have a new person talking, its better to start a new paragraph. even if its dave nathaniel's mind speaking. but its an interesting start. for some reason all i can think of is scizophrenia, but thats just me. and hey, thanks for posting soemthing

but we still need more people to post! sorry if i seem a lil control freak. i'm not really like this, just trying to get this to work
----

-Zakk Wylde
08.07.2006 - 16:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well,actually i didn't think of schizophrenia,but more like drug-insaneness
oh and it's nat!!!
08.07.2006 - 16:44
Soliloquy
Written by Valentin B on 08.07.2006 at 16:36

well,actually i didn't think of schizophrenia,but more like drug-insaneness
oh and it's nat!!!

i know, but ive seen WAY to many movies about druggies that start helucinating(sp) random stuff, something that is common with schizo's. and even the voices inside the head about random stuff that makes them hard to concentrate

and fine, NAT!
----

-Zakk Wylde
09.07.2006 - 01:47
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
In regards to the PM sent by Proud Autumn:
My idea with this is that everyone I have down as a confirmed participant will post the intro to the story they think we should work on here. After we have them down, we'll give the maybes a deadline of a few days, then we'll vote on who's intro we'd like to create a story with. That's done, we'll open another thread only for the story, and use this one as the discussion one.

Also, I'm going to tuck in and see if I can rustle up something today. I woke up in the mood to write, but a sore finger might prevent me from this(this is killing my finger, haha).
----
14.07.2006 - 01:51
Soliloquy
well, i am in the 'maybe' section, but i'm confident enough to give enough time to this, so put me in for the 'Systems: Go.' section.

common people. start doing something. this is a great idea, dont let it die.

my fingers are pointing at:

Daibh

marinBG
Bas2
Insineratehymn
Proud Autumn
KryptoN
Torelli
TimmyPix

and these people in the 'maybe' be more active:

eleftheria
Sekhmet

fire101
TheKreator
----

-Zakk Wylde
14.07.2006 - 02:11
KryptoN
imperceptible
I will try to come up with something within a few days. I was gonna write something earlier but had a 5-day LAN so writing stuff was pretty much out of the question.