Metal Storm logo
French Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by meTalcoholic, 17.05.2006 - 05:25
Also known as frogs/froggies. Were are all you french MSers hiding??
19.10.2007 - 21:58
wrathchild
Staff
Hum, well, it's hard to say.

It may be too early for me to draw such a conclusion but I think I'm ready to live and work in Paris. Although I'm not sure that it's what I want, I know I can if need be.
Let's say that for now, my internship doesn't is taking too much of my time so I can't enjoy the city as I would like to.
Besides, there's something really annoying: there's no (or very little) public transportation after 1am... Which means I've got to leave at 00h30 or so at night if I want to get home (sure, I could wait till 5am but I'm not really a party guy...). This is utterly stupid.
Another thing that annoys me is that there are soooo many people in the streets at any time of the day that I just don't care about them. Too much of one thing makes it uninteresting, you see. And that's bad because I want to make new friends in Paris (not even mentioning that I need a girlfriend!). That's why I'd want to meet all the MSers of Paris

Ah, and there's another thing that is far from being perfect: accommodation. Finding a place to live is hard, and finding a cheap but decent place to live is even harder. I could find something twice or thrice bigger for the same price in La Rochelle, not even mentioning that it is likely to be less noisy and healthier than in Paris.

But indeed, I did lots of things since I'm in Paris. I even attended a TV show last Tuesday!

EDIT: yet another bad thing about living in Paris: sure there are a lot more concerts than anywhere else in France, but they are more expensive... I don't think I will afford going to the Arch Enemy gig after all...
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
10.11.2007 - 15:40
Anton Alcolust
after 4 mounth out of Paris , i'm back . It make me strange to be in this big city ... but that's cool .
and i hate the subway !
----
A.M.S.G.
13.11.2007 - 14:28
Ernis
狼獾
And you also have the grève-things....I imagine it must be difficult there....
13.11.2007 - 17:57
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Ernis on 13.11.2007 at 14:28

And you also have the grève-things....I imagine it must be difficult there....

Those strikes happen on an at least twice yearly basis, sometimes more in the universities, so I guess we're all more or less used to it now lol. It's quite annoying when you need to catch a train to go to work and stuff though.
13.11.2007 - 22:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
grève-things uni and student riots?
Italy calcio wars there studenst here nothing
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.11.2007 - 11:03
Deadsoulman
Elite
Well, there's the student strikes as usual. To be honest I don't even know what they're striking for, as it happens at least twice a year. I don't really pay attention to it anymore. I don't know how it is in other countries, but being a student in France implies booze, pot, sex, no sleep AND strikes To give you an idea of the extent to which these things can go, during my third university year (in 2002/2003) the strikes were so strong that we had 2 actual months of uni out of the usual 8 or 9 months. The rest of the year was a massive strike against the university system reform. I remember we had to take the exams in mid-July instead of the usual May, and they were taken in the basketball stadium because the university was blocked by angry students.

The major thing at the moment, aside from the student thing, is that the people of the national railway company and those of Paris public transports are on strike in order to defend their special conditions of retirement. I don't really know the details of it, but they're angry, the government won't give in, so they just block all the transport system. It's a fucking mess today apparently.

I don't to go into a "they are right to be on strike or not", but it's really fucking tedious that it always has to be like this here. Every time someone wants to change something, the unions go on strike even before they discuss the idea. We sure love whining in France.
14.11.2007 - 11:45
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
I hate these idiots blockers of university. Their representing students organizations signed before the reforms, and now they're disagree. Why? Two solutions for me.

First: Their leaders are stupids and don't know read text (second question: if it's true, how can be present at University? )

Second: These manifestations are more political than on the reform text (majority of blockers are from extrem left, sorry but it's a reality). In my University blockers represent only up to 1000 students on near 20000. It's far the majority. And when their explanations are to support national railway company revendications (as indicated by Collin up, "the national railway company and those of Paris public transports are on strike in order to defend their special conditions of retirement"), I ask only one question? What's the fucking link with University? They are students, they didn't start to work and they want to defend special conditions of retirement for other. Please students return to study, pass your exams and after we will see
29.11.2007 - 03:57
Anton Alcolust
to the fews parisian metalstormers :
in februar , i'll organise an (old school) heavy/thrash concert in paris ? i just need to find a place to do it (i have almost found , need an answer) . You think it can be good ? will you come to bang your head on heavy thrash metal ? :p
beware beware beware !
----
A.M.S.G.
02.12.2007 - 14:03
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Anton Alcolust on 29.11.2007 at 03:57

to the fews parisian metalstormers :
in februar , i'll organise an (old school) heavy/thrash concert in paris ? i just need to find a place to do it (i have almost found , need an answer) . You think it can be good ? will you come to bang your head on heavy thrash metal ? :p
beware beware beware !

I still don't know whether I'll be in Paris in 2008... But if I am there, I'd definitely be interested
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
05.12.2007 - 00:49
Anton Alcolust
ok , if you're still here , i want to see you hehehe !
----
A.M.S.G.
07.12.2007 - 21:20
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Anton Alcolust on 05.12.2007 at 00:49

ok , if you're still here , i want to see you hehehe !

Well, I can stay only if I can find a flat to share... If you know someone who's searching for a roommate, tell me, it's kind of urgent!
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
08.12.2007 - 06:42
Anton Alcolust
i'll ask to my classmate and tell you next week if someone is interested .
----
A.M.S.G.
08.12.2007 - 17:53
Deadsoulman
Elite
I'll ask around as well, I still know some people in Paris You want to stay in Paris to search a job or something? What's the plan if you have to leave the capital?
09.12.2007 - 10:36
wrathchild
Staff
Thanks guys!

Written by Deadsoulman on 08.12.2007 at 17:53

I'll ask around as well, I still know some people in Paris You want to stay in Paris to search a job or something? What's the plan if you have to leave the capital?

The plan is that I hadn't planned anything after my internship is over, in two weeks. And the company just told me a week ago that they do want me to continue as a regular employee (thus making me one of the first ever employee, since it's a young start-up) at least for some months.
But I definitely won't be staying at my brother's for another extra month. I've been there for 6 months already. So, if I want to work, I need a flat.
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
09.12.2007 - 13:15
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by wrathchild on 09.12.2007 at 10:36

Thanks guys!

Written by Deadsoulman on 08.12.2007 at 17:53

The plan is that I hadn't planned anything after my internship is over, in two weeks. And the company just told me a week ago that they do want me to continue as a regular employee (thus making me one of the first ever employee, since it's a young start-up) at least for some months.
But I definitely won't be staying at my brother's for another extra month. I've been there for 6 months already. So, if I want to work, I need a flat.

OK. I know how hard it is to comply with all the stuff landlords want for you to have a flat in Paris... Hope you can make it (and I'll ask around, as I said )
12.12.2007 - 10:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hey folks prefere for loose today heheheh and you will
Lv vs Fr today live 20:00 (19:00) cheers
----

apos;'
[image]
12.12.2007 - 10:23
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Bad English on 12.12.2007 at 10:16

Which sports are you talking about?
12.12.2007 - 10:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 12.12.2007 at 10:23

Written by Bad English on 12.12.2007 at 10:16

Which sports are you talking about?

I talking about Ice Hockey U-20 WC here
Latvia
France
Uk what UK doing here
Slovenia
Hungary
Belarussia

Firts game Lv vs Fr heheh

If we wont paly 20:00 I woiuld go, no train home after, but I will go to some other groop game if get ticket

You can read about it here http://www.iihf.com/index.php?id=719
----

apos;'
[image]
12.12.2007 - 10:33
Deadsoulman
Elite
Oh, ok then, I didn't know there was this competition, ice hockey is not very popular in France. Though I went to see a few games here last year. Anyway, I don't know whether France is a good team or not, but they just can't lose to Latvia
12.12.2007 - 10:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 12.12.2007 at 10:33

Oh, ok then, I didn't know there was this competition, ice hockey is not very popular in France. Though I went to see a few games here last year. Anyway, I don't know whether France is a good team or not, but they just can't lose to Latvia

France sucks there
But you need some skating rings and good couches specely in young age start whit 3-6 years kids, its posible get some suckess in future if start whit kids,
Slovenia, Danmark, Norway use to sucked in 90ties now thay can kick ass
Italia are stronger nowdays how you
But you had new Canadians whit french passport so who knows, but if you know what kaos are in our Ice hockey than ...

About this groop
Belaruss
Slovenia
Latvia
Hungary
France
UK

Its be final standing, but Im not shore, we will see, but if we loose its be good, our federation need start think whi hed not legs

About France 2 bad thinks was thay you didnt enter to Torino olympics because Kazahstan thay shood play in Asia qual gropp and you didnt go to groop a before 2 years when lost to Germans, now you're beck and play in next WC in Canada 2008 whit Swizzerland, Sweden and Belarussia ... hope for play ofs to wont fal down, only what I can say
----

apos;'
[image]
12.12.2007 - 11:43
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Bad English on 12.12.2007 at 10:30

Latvia
France
Uk what UK doing here

Yes hockey is very famous here at Caen.
They're first.......

.....if you look at the end of results table : In their championship they played 15 matches, 14 defeats and only one win .
More seriously I don't know really much this sport, but I hope that our national selection is better.
12.12.2007 - 11:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by White Winter Sun on 12.12.2007 at 11:43

Written by Bad English on 12.12.2007 at 10:30

Latvia
France
Uk what UK doing here

Yes hockey is very famous here at Caen.
They're first.......

.....if you look at the end of results table : In their championship they played 15 matches, 14 defeats and only one win .
More seriously I don't know really much this sport, but I hope that our national selection is better.

Hhahaah Caen Mr. Been went there in his new movie

Hhahahaha man Canal + show sometimes NHL moustly Franco Canadian team plays so you can look
But natinal selection, you never be in top 8(Canada, Swedem Russia, Czceh, USA Finland, Slovak, Swiss) + Belarussia, Germany , Latvia, Austria, Danmark, Slovenia, Norway, Kazahstan, Italy, than only France and Hungary closly follow others its more in huger whole
----

apos;'
[image]
12.12.2007 - 11:59
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Bad English on 12.12.2007 at 11:54

Hhahahaha man Canal + show sometimes NHL moustly Franco Canadian team plays so you can look
But natinal selection, you never be in top 8(Canada, Swedem Russia, Czceh, USA Finland, Slovak, Swiss) + Belarussia, Germany , Latvia, Austria, Danmark, Slovenia, Norway, Kazahstan, Italy, than only France and Hungary closly follow others its more in huger whole

Canal+, Canal Satellite, TPS, ..... all are paying. And I'm not really addicted to TV.
Sure, I prefer spend my money into cinema and metal.
12.12.2007 - 12:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by White Winter Sun on 12.12.2007 at 11:59

Written by Bad English on 12.12.2007 at 11:54

Canal+, Canal Satellite, TPS, ..... all are paying. And I'm not really addicted to TV.
Sure, I prefer spend my money into cinema and metal.

You can hack
Old good days ...

There are free channels to watch sports too
http://liveonsat.com/

www.flaysat.com (only FTA channels)

wanna feeds log in into www.satfootball.com

PS Canal+ one of them are FTA in analog standart (yes moust ppl has no analog receivers anymore, we had digital) but I had, I had bouth
----

apos;'
[image]
12.12.2007 - 13:08
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Bad English on 12.12.2007 at 12:05

You can hack
Old good days ...

PS Canal+ one of them are FTA in analog standart (yes moust ppl has no analog receivers anymore, we had digital) but I had, I had bouth

I know that it's possible to hack. Also I could receive them by ADSL but it increase 20 euros per month my internet subscription. Only rugby matches could be attractive for me, and pay this amount for just few matches is very expensive. Especially since the HCup and VI nations are on free channels.
12.12.2007 - 13:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by White Winter Sun on 12.12.2007 at 13:08

Written by Bad English on 12.12.2007 at 12:05

You can hack
Old good days ...

I know that it's possible to hack. Also I could receive them by ADSL but it increase 20 euros per month my internet subscription. Only rugby matches could be attractive for me, and pay this amount for just few matches is very expensive. Especially since the HCup and VI nations are on free channels.

I bought Polish canal + card full pacage its MUCH cheeper almoust 70% cheeper, hehehe also I had Calal+ Swe but year are ower

You can Use card sharing too
----

apos;'
[image]
12.12.2007 - 22:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Collin you lost I told you tou lost 9-3 hehehe seems important be win UK to survive
----

apos;'
[image]
14.12.2007 - 20:49
yvesson
Hej,
Oh well ice-hockey is a rare sport where a team from picardy became french champion, "les gothiques d'Amiens". Oh well they have also luckily beaten dynamo moskau 1-0 in a friendly game. Kinda bad season from now though.
Oh they were also champion in american football, "les spartiates d'Amiens". Somehow never really got why they had such a good team in Amiens.

Ice-hockey imo is much enjoyable to watch, but the french team never made it really... And since most eastern european countries have split (czeck republik and slovakia rock, and of course russia, belarus, kazakstan and such...), they seldom join the major championships (if they have lately at all).

But seriously, of course U-20 is important for the next generation bläh bläh, but who cares about that except those in charge of recruiting young players and some national trainers ?
14.12.2007 - 21:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by yvesson on 14.12.2007 at 20:49

Hej,
Oh well ice-hockey is a rare sport where a team from picardy became french champion, "les gothiques d'Amiens". Oh well they have also luckily beaten dynamo moskau 1-0 in a friendly game. Kinda bad season from now though.
Oh they were also champion in american football, "les spartiates d'Amiens". Somehow never really got why they had such a good team in Amiens.

Ice-hockey imo is much enjoyable to watch, but the french team never made it really... And since most eastern european countries have split (czeck republik and slovakia rock, and of course russia, belarus, kazakstan and such...), they seldom join the major championships (if they have lately at all).

But seriously, of course U-20 is important for the next generation bläh bläh, but who cares about that except those in charge of recruiting young players and some national trainers ?

American football boring ...

You joking write Picardy team won Dinamo Moscow when it hepened?
Latvia won them in 5-1 just now (it was frendly game)

I know its not top sport there but so many ppl build Ice rings pay some good couch specely kid and its psoible lil sucsess

Spluting Cz and Svk ... well if thay be one leage like old days old good capital derbeis Sparta Praha , Slavia Praha vs Inter and Slovan Bratislav great to watch, in Rus and Bel are leages(Cz and Svck too) but kazakstan sucks thay team play in Russiam secend elage whit no posibility go up

Well new genaration... win UK an dall be ok and fight whit Hungary
----

apos;'
[image]
14.12.2007 - 22:23
yvesson
Hej,
Quote:
En avant-saison, l'équipe signe une performance exceptionnelle, une victoire contre le Dynamo de Moscou (1-0) sur un but de Laurent Gras.

From http://hockey365.celeonet.fr/hockeyarchives/clubs/amiens.htm (all in french sorry can't find a link in english)

French people will confirm it means they have beaten dynamo moskau and it was back in 1996 (Laurent Gras scored the only goal).

Oh and note that from the scond part of my post I'm not talking about clubs anymore but nationals, and before USSR and czekoslovakia splitted, the french national was in the first international division but they dropped since so many good teams (well better than france anyway) came out of this.