Metal Storm logo
How to be a Grown up?!

Original post

Posted by APOHAKC, 30.05.2008 - 15:13
Or when is the right time to transmute from a teenage to a grown up person, anyway, we came up to this in some other topic, maybe it would be interesting to see what other people thinks about grown up phenomena.

Probably the worst insult someone can hit at you is you are so immature, yeah right, people really hates it, so, I am interested what makes some people grown up, how do you know when someone is not a cheerful kid but a boring grown up person with some newspaper about cars in one hand and an umbrella in the other.

I am always bothered with people finding themselves important enough to dictate who is grown up and who is not, especially the girls: I date 20 years older guys with cars because they are so mature, sure, you want me to hit you up with my granddad, he is soo grown up, believe me (or is it just a jealousy of the average 21 years older cause such old timers got all the girls from my university department?). But the phenomena of such girls are the whole other topic, there are examples for guys too

Since I have no idea what makes you grown up, but hope someone will solve that mystery to me in this thread, I learned how to pretend to be a grown up, growing up is sooo boring and long process, why not to fake it, here are the tips I read somewhere and added some of mine:

- if you're still in school never wear a bag on two shoulders, that is what kids do, wear the rag on one shoulder and be totally cool!

- You must always be in hurry, if some friend ask you something just say smth like time is money and go away, you must be always serious and the last thing is the hardest to get, that is everyday stress, you must have it if you want to be a grown up, how and where to find it, it is up to you. People under stress gives away
an I am important person look, and such persons must be a grown ups.

- You have to take care about your stress and take care not to scare it away or you'll be a immature again, some tips:

1. No sense of humor required, if you have some, forget it (to be in a hurry is not funny!!!)
2. Be a MAN (only pussies needs help of other people)
3. Leave everything that need to be done for the last minute - A REALLY great for stress!
4. All critics take damn seriously
5. Never rest! (all the time you waste on resting you can use to loose some nerves over something you could not possible influence, but still, it is going on your nerves)

- You have to throw away all of your childish behaviors, for example, you go on a Metal gig, a real gig, but you do not go to the front lines, in the pits, scream, jump, handbang or whatever, instead of that, buy some fancy beer, stand in the back, shake your head in the rhythm of music (while it is actually just slow front and back shaking) and drink your beer while giving the looks to people that ACTUALLY have fun in the pit, THEY ARE SO IMMATURE!

- THE MOST IMPORTANT - ATTITUDE! you will always have one, even though it is dictated by other mature people from your work, you must not show your disagreement of their attitude, cause grown up people always have that attitude and who are you to change it, maybe some immature, no, you worked so hard so far. You must learn a sentence, I am not interested in politics so you can avoid awkward situations

- You do not have time for a girlfriend - you will marry in 32nd with daughter of your boss

- well, mayeb you'll be the one to catch some 21 years older and be the guy rest fo the 21olders will hate.
03.06.2008 - 13:42
APOHAKC
The Bard
People says I look 5-6 years younger, I don't mind that, although, sometimes it is not cool
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
03.06.2008 - 20:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by APOHAKC on 03.06.2008 at 13:42

People says I look 5-6 years younger, I don't mind that, although, sometimes it is not cool

lol people told me lots of times i look like i'm 20 or 21 or something

but 14-15? you're short of stature or something, or you just act childish lol
03.06.2008 - 21:40
APOHAKC
The Bard
Probably both, when I had a long hair they said I look like 25, now, they say I look 15
----
03.06.2008 - 21:48
Deus Ex Machina
15? Wth Aronax, I just looked at your picture. You look too old, too fucking cold srsly. xD
03.06.2008 - 21:59
Ernis
狼獾
I've been told I look older than I really am.....which means that Aronax also does....after all we're like twins more or less.....
03.06.2008 - 22:00
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, I really do on those three, two of them are long haired and beard, and the third one, well yeah, I do look older on that one too, but in 3dimensional surroundings I do look younger, unfortunately..

@Viggo - yeah bro, we are
----
11.06.2008 - 17:35
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Everyone says I look 17. ND if I shave my goatee I look 14.
Well I do act liek a kid most of the time too
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.06.2008 - 23:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I look like a 12 year-old which is bad for the most part because people think I'm a child even though I'm 22. But just think about it, when i'm 40 if I look 35 that'll be good
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram